Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2011, 11:02   #136
Senior - BHPian
 
S_U_N's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,781
Thanked: 380 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna Fluidic Disappointment. And SOLD!

Sad to hear this primarily because you lost money for no reason. However, the good side is that you get another car.

When I was driving on BLR - PUNE highway at speeds of 80-110, I have seen several new Verna's and i20's overtaking me effortlessly even on some curvy routes.
If handling and steering control was that bad, I wonder what level of experience and skill those drivers would be having to drive this car at such high speeds. I am sure other new Verna owners would have more to say on this.
S_U_N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2011, 14:03   #137
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Delhi
Posts: 236
Thanked: 129 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna Fluidic Disappointment. And SOLD!

Let me put in another vote for the T-Jet.

I knew when I was looking that there were basically four choices - the Vento, the Optra Magnum (same as the one you're getting), the Cedia 2.0 and the T-Jet. The Cedia bested all else in handling but was too old as a car. The Magnum wasn't sharp enough and was too old, and the Vento had a five month waiting period and EPS. Apart from the Vento (which was too new) I would have to lose a lot of money in depreciation in all of these cars. I was OK with it, and eventually bought the T-Jet for the good balance between ride, handling, adequate power (though not the best) and decent level of kit.

And having owned it for over 6 months now have no regrets. It will putter along quietly when you want to think, and will roar when you want to feel.
cranky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2011, 17:41   #138
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian
 
KPS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,003
Thanked: 4,556 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna Fluidic Disappointment. And SOLD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
When I was driving on BLR - PUNE highway at speeds of 80-110, I have seen several new Verna's and i20's overtaking me effortlessly even on some curvy routes. If handling and steering control was that bad, I wonder what level of experience and skill those drivers would be having to drive this car at such high speeds. I am sure other new Verna owners would have more to say on this.
My car has done 3214 kms on the clock since June'11. I have done 3 trips to Coorg which means I have done about 50% on the highway. I have absolutely enjoyed this car and I am very comfortable with the way this car handles and I have no fears. My highway driving is from the 110-130 zone(FE is 17 kmpl) and I have not had any scary moments. Brakes are spot on and I never felt the car loose control when I hit bumps/dips.

I used to own a Accent CRDi (2003-2009, 82K KMS) & i20 CRDi (2009-2011, 23K KMS) and this could be a reason I am comfortable with its handling as I know what to expect from a Hyundai.

Key is always to test drive a car and ensure it suits your style of driving.

Cheers

KPS

Last edited by KPS : 26th September 2011 at 17:44.
KPS is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2011, 19:29   #139
Senior - BHPian
 
puchoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Delhi / Shimla
Posts: 1,433
Thanked: 750 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna Fluidic Disappointment. And SOLD!

feel good reading this , and your speeds are something i will probably barely touch let alone exceed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPS View Post
My car has done 3214 kms on the clock since June'11. I have done 3 trips to Coorg which means I have done about 50% on the highway. I have absolutely enjoyed this car and I am very comfortable with the way this car handles and I have no fears. My highway driving is from the 110-130 zone(FE is 17 kmpl) and I have not had any scary moments. Brakes are spot on and I never felt the car loose control when I hit bumps/dips.

I used to own a Accent CRDi (2003-2009, 82K KMS) & i20 CRDi (2009-2011, 23K KMS) and this could be a reason I am comfortable with its handling as I know what to expect from a Hyundai.

Key is always to test drive a car and ensure it suits your style of driving.

Cheers

KPS
puchoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2011, 21:45   #140
BHPian
 
junkishya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 141
Thanked: 38 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna Fluidic Disappointment. And SOLD!

I've completed 5000+ kms on my Verna including around 2000+ kms on highways. I would agree that if the roads are uneven, the car tends to bounce more than my Palio. This was on the Srisailam Highway at 100+ kmph. Below 100 on such roads the ride was OK but as good as the Fiat Palio.

However on the B'lore - Hyd highway, the story was quite different .. the car cruises effortlessly at speed of 130-140 kmph. What surprised me was that while I was at 140 kmph, another Diesel Verna overtook me and disappeared in a couple of minutes .. I'm sure he was at at speeds exceeding 160 - 165 kmph.

Last edited by GTO : 28th September 2011 at 11:18. Reason: We do NOT permit overspeeding pictures on Team-BHP. Kindly avoid
junkishya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2011, 21:55   #141
BHPian
 
junkishya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 141
Thanked: 38 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna Fluidic Disappointment. And SOLD!

Notice the snap is taken at 140 kmph with revmeter at 4K ... there was still some power left in the engine .... To touch 160+ on Palio it used to be some effort .. the same speed on the Verna was very smooth ...

Also, the bouncing problem occurs when the car is fully loaded .. when there are 2 people in the car, the bouncing was relatively less ...
junkishya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2011, 22:32   #142
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: -
Posts: 858
Thanked: 1,002 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna Fluidic Disappointment. And SOLD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkishya View Post
Notice the snap is taken at 140 kmph with revmeter at 4K ... there was still some power left in the engine .... To touch 160+ on Palio it used to be some effort .. the same speed on the Verna was very smooth ...
Were you in 6th gear while doing this speed? If you were, I'm wondering if 4000 RPM is a bit on the higher side. And is it the 1.6 diesel?
swiftdiesel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2011, 00:10   #143
BHPian
 
junkishya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 141
Thanked: 38 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna Fluidic Disappointment. And SOLD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
Were you in 6th gear while doing this speed? If you were, I'm wondering if 4000 RPM is a bit on the higher side. And is it the 1.6 diesel?
Nope, it's a petrol 1.6 ... petrol one has only 5 gears ..
junkishya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2011, 08:25   #144
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 560
Thanked: 1,265 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna Fluidic Disappointment. And SOLD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post
A lot of people just fall in love with oodles of space and then turn a blind eve to everything. I am not saying they are morons. They just dont need a car to drive with passion. They need a point A to point B commuter.
+1

I sold off my brilliant-to-drive Ford Fusion (P) and now probably replacing it with a Tata Manza (D). Reason: Wife will use the car, will be driver driven and she needs oodles of space. What you say is definitely true, specially for driver-driven cars.
sachinayak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2011, 08:48   #145
Senior - BHPian
 
govigov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Cochin!!!!!
Posts: 1,314
Thanked: 431 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna Fluidic Disappointment. And SOLD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkishya View Post
Nope, it's a petrol 1.6 ... petrol one has only 5 gears ..
the top speed of a petrol car comes in the 4th gear and not the 5th.

4th gear at 5500 + rpm can take you to crazy speeds.
govigov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2011, 08:51   #146
Senior - BHPian
 
sandeepmohan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Wellington
Posts: 1,942
Thanked: 1,624 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna Fluidic Disappointment. And SOLD!

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 28th September 2011 at 10:58.
sandeepmohan is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 27th September 2011, 09:24   #147
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Melbourne, Hyd
Posts: 1,235
Thanked: 23 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna Fluidic Disappointment. And SOLD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomonstar View Post
......

The second major beef I 've had with the car is the suspension.
I knew beforehand that the suspension would be on the softer side, but this was just ridiculous.
Any unexpected pothole, even at speeds as low as 30kmph would be met with a loud 'THWACK' coming in from the undercarriage.
It was an alarming sound, almost as if something had broken off from the car. .....
I get the same thing in our Hyundai accent CRDi but ours is a 5 year old 91000km done car. I thought our car has become old and the suspension needs some work!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomonstar View Post
We 've owned Fiats, Skodas, Fords and Mercs ever since.
These cars feel firmly planted at any speed and go exactly where you point them.
The Fluidic was just too ....err..... different for my liking.....

One of them had the audacity to lecture me on the 'correct ' way to drive.
HA! I told them with all modesty that Id been driving for nearly two decades, a variety of cars, in a variety of countries.
....
We own this car since September 2009(bought used one in 2009) and did not feel the "thwank" till I had a Skoda Octavia with me for a week to use it!!! The same bumps which shook the entire car when in the accent, its only the wheel and suspension took the bump in the Octavia (despite all the horror stories of Skoda A$$, this car grew over me!!). Now I understand what all to be looked at when we buy our next car!!!
kkr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2011, 10:15   #148
BHPian
 
ankurvirmani19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 249
Thanked: 76 Times
Question Re: Hyundai Verna Fluidic Disappointment. And SOLD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkishya View Post

Attached is the snap of the speedo while travelling back to hyderabad...
How come speedo is showing 140+ and digital display showing 118km/h?
ankurvirmani19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2011, 11:12   #149
Senior - BHPian
 
puchoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Delhi / Shimla
Posts: 1,433
Thanked: 750 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna Fluidic Disappointment. And SOLD!

Its a lovely sight to see the speed and then look at the RPM availability which is still present

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkishya View Post
I've completed 5000+ kms on my Verna including around 2000+ kms on highways. I would agree that if the roads are uneven, the car tends to bounce more than my Palio. This was on the Srisailam Highway at 100+ kmph. Below 100 on such roads the ride was OK but as good as the Fiat Palio.

However on the B'lore - Hyd highway, the story was quite different .. the car cruises effortlessly at speed of 130-140 kmph. What surprised me was that while I was at 140 kmph, another Diesel Verna overtook me and disappeared in a couple of minutes .. I'm sure he was at at speeds exceeding 160 - 165 kmph.

Attached is the snap of the speedo while travelling back to hyderabad...
puchoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2011, 12:05   #150
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 887
Thanked: 281 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna Fluidic Disappointment. And SOLD!

However on the B'lore - Hyd highway, the story was quite different .. the car cruises effortlessly at speed of 130-140 kmph. What surprised me was that while I was at 140 kmph, another Diesel Verna overtook me and disappeared in a couple of minutes .. I'm sure he was at at speeds exceeding 160 - 165 kmph.

Attached is the snap of the speedo while travelling back to hyderabad...[/quote]

@ junkishya
So when were you driving between Banglore- Hyderabad.
In fact I was driving back from Banglore on 25th in the night after 8.30pm.
gajadonga is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2013 Hyundai Verna Fluidic gets minor updates. And some omissions JayPrashanth The Indian Car Scene 169 25th October 2014 21:43
Hyundai Fluidic Verna 1.6 VTVT SX (Option) rajandroid Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 29 27th October 2012 22:52
Old Verna vs Fluidic Verna : A Comparison amitwadhwa Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 13 10th July 2012 21:30
Driven & Compared : The Fluidic Hyundai Verna and The New Ford Fiesta dhanushs Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 37 8th October 2011 19:32
Disappointment on Dhanteras! SumitB Indian Car Dealerships 19 8th November 2010 14:24


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 21:35.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks