Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 27th June 2012, 16:24   #121
BHPian

Default Re: VW Vento Highline TDI comes home !!

@ Turbo Car

For sure, I have this problem in Vento TDI and struggling with VW guys to get it sorted out

Please post your friends' experience on getting the part replaced...
fiesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2012, 11:06   #122
BHPian

@ Fiesta..

I read about your experience with Vento TDI.

My friend has contacted them and they said that they will replace it as soon as the same is made available by VW people. He knows how to throw a big tantrum there and that sure helps it seems...

I suggest you speak to higher up's in VW about this problem and then get to them to contact your dealer. That might work out better for you.

Another reason my friend got better response may be due to the fact that he referred me and few others as potential corporate customers and that is group car makers like to have in their kitty as there is probability of multiple sales with least amount of selling effort.

Any way i will keep you posted...
Turbo car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2012, 17:06   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo car View Post
Thanks Ricky..I will check that up.

I told a friend of mine about how you took it up with VW and got the clutch pipe and bracket replaced, and now he has also told VW guys who were skirting around his clutch rattle about the part number to be replaced. Sure helped him a lot. He told me to thank you specially for that. so a thanks from him too

Does the new Vento TDI also come with the same clutch pipe problem ?

One more thing. I read your thread about Pajero with great interest. You are the first guy i know of who owned 2 Pajero's at the same time. Why did you really dispose of the older version Pajero ? In pictures posted in that thread, the older one looked better..

That is nice to know, if my posts helped someone in the same situation.

Well yes I did have 2 Pajeros at the same time. Weird na ?? I am a HUGE fan of the machine, but ultimately sold off both one by one ! It was my knee which made me go for an AT - hence the Land Rover Freelander 2 came. The best part is - that the knee is now sorted - alas !!

Yes I agree the older one did look very nice. The single color was responsible I guess. Also the build quality was superb. Even after 1.65 lac on the odo, she ran great !!

Another time - another day - another Pajero !!

Cheers
Ricky_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2012, 12:23   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
I dont think that they typed part no wrong on your invoice. One more member got it changed and he too mentioned the same part no as you did.

Its now that VW has got updated part no according to them.
Is there any way to find out the original part no. I am suspecting they will replace bad ones with bad ones

The very first day i took my car out of the showroom i cursed the clutch.
Now when i went for oil and coolant top up @7500 kms (due to bad habit of oil consumption on VW TDI engines) i explained the SA that clutch hose needs to be changed.
Then the flying doctor from VW plant interacted with me and i opened your thread on his PC and showed him the problem and how to solve it.

It was then they acknowledged the problem and ordered the part.
could you please tell the updated part no. for the hose pipe as VW Service centre here in Delhi is refusing to acknowledge this problem.
thanks
fiorano88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2012, 14:55   #125
BHPian

@ Ricky...

Having 2 pajero's wont be termed weird by any auto enthusiast...

I read your thread regarding the old Pajero you got from the CEO of a company and it was a well maintained Pajero. It had manual transmission..right ? You shouldn't have sold of both the pajero's...sad. And how is Freelander 2 ? does it have the surefootedness of Pajero in offroading ?

The older paj looked more sturdy than the new generation and i think, save for ABS everything was the same between the two models.

I have a big fascination for Pajero and will be buying one soon. Actually the toss up for me is to either go for a new one ( which i feel is highly overpriced ) or buy a 3-4 yr old one with less mileage on the odometer, and then correct any anomalies. The fact that deters me from going for the second option is that lot of the previous owners tend to alter the odometer of the vehicles ( for paj it seems is much more easy ) and hence cannot be relied upon to be less run and accident free.

Another factor is that LC Prado ( say 2000-2005 ) models with MT are available in the market at around 10-14 L. I like Prado but lot of people have said that it can be trouble to maintain in the long run. Like previous generation Pajero, this is also built like a tank and so i am actually more confused in making the choice of SUV.

So which option would you advice me to go for ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiorano88 View Post
could you please tell the updated part no. for the hose pipe as VW Service centre here in Delhi is refusing to acknowledge this problem.
thanks
Contact Ricky..He can give you the full details. I think he has also scanned a copy of the original work order for the same with the part number in the earlier part of this thread. Just read from Page 1 itself.. Hope it helps.

Last edited by Technocrat : 26th July 2012 at 01:01. Reason: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the same thread. Thanks.
Old 24th July 2012, 14:10   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
So between the Devil & the Deep Sea - I would go with VW (based on current experience)

How much cheaper is the Rapid Diesel vs the Vento TDI ?? If the difference is great or you find the space better, it is your call
Quote:
I am actually contemplating the purchase of either one of these cars and I felt Vento Highline TDI is a low slung car with a softer driving experience ( even with upgraded tyres) where as Rapid had a more sturdy feel.
Vento HL is 10,38,308 (Ex Showroom); 41 K discount; Net: 9,97,308
Rapid (E) is 9,66,888 (Ex Showroom); 5 K discount; Net: 9,61,888

I am not sure what needs to be done to get the Rapid guys to offer any meaningful discounts. 5K ? hmm..

@Turbo Car - Did you decide ?
DieselDon is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2012, 14:09   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDon View Post
Vento HL is 10,38,308 (Ex Showroom); 41 K discount; Net: 9,97,308
Rapid (E) is 9,66,888 (Ex Showroom); 5 K discount; Net: 9,61,888

I am not sure what needs to be done to get the Rapid guys to offer any meaningful discounts. 5K ? hmm..

@Turbo Car - Did you decide ?
Thanks dear Diesel Don.

Na..i havent decided as of yet. I like the shape of vento better than Rapid but i feel its a low slung car in comparison to rapid. There has been posting here where owners have expressed concern over the car scraping even small humps and with the roads i travel in, I am really scared how the car under-body will look like after few 1000 km's.

May be i will decide soon...i do like the feel of the interiors of vento than rapid and that is adding to the confusion. Which ever i choose, i would go for the top end model as i feel that really delivers all the frills...
Old 25th July 2012, 18:15   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There has been posting here where owners have expressed concern over the car scraping even small humps and with the roads i travel in, I am really scared how the car under-body will look like after few 1000 km's.
I too own a Vento TDi HL pre-refreshed model and it doesn't scrape at all. Earlier VW used to provide big mud flaps at rear which used to cause them to scrape but they were built so strong, nothing happens to them. Now with shorter one out there, no more scrapping. Recently did a 900 Kms journey and car didn't scrape at all, being fully loaded with 4 adults + boot completely filled up. I maintain air pressure of 34 psi all round which aids in handling as well.

Go with Vento and it wouldn't disappoint you.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2012, 15:49   #129
Senior - BHPian

There are absolutely no issues with bottom scraping bumps etc. My car is driven on bumpy potholed roads every once in a while, never had any issues of the sort what so ever.

At the price point that you are getting the Vento (Just 30K odd) more than the Rapid, I see no reason why you should be confused. Especially as you say you prefer the Vento, I could not agree with you more.
Old 16th September 2012, 16:31   #130
Senior - BHPian

Just got back from the FIRST service of the Vento @ 5757 kms :-) Total Cost around 8k....enclosing a scan of the Bill

Overall experience ok.

One thing that I Noted with not much happiness is that there were 6 cars there with busted chambers. The combination of rain water filled deep craters on Gurgaon roads. One Jetta, 4 Polos, One Vento :-(
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Vento 1st Service Bill.pdf (1.28 MB, 498 views)
Old 17th September 2012, 00:57   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just got back from the FIRST service of the Vento @ 5757 kms :-) Total Cost around 8k....enclosing a scan of the Bill

Overall experience ok.

One thing that I Noted with not much happiness is that there were 6 cars there with busted chambers. The combination of rain water filled deep craters on Gurgaon roads. One Jetta, 4 Polos, One Vento :-(
Thats one of the shortest bills I have seen of any Vento
Could you elaborate on the "busted chamber" bit ? What is meant by it?
souravc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2012, 11:01   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
Thats one of the shortest bills I have seen of any Vento
Could you elaborate on the "busted chamber" bit ? What is meant by it?

The car hits potholes & cracks the engine chamber - of which I saw 6

Cheers
Old 17th September 2012, 11:11   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@ Ricky...

Having 2 pajero's wont be termed weird by any auto enthusiast...

I read your thread regarding the old Pajero you got from the CEO of a company and it was a well maintained Pajero. It had manual transmission..right ? You shouldn't have sold of both the pajero's...sad. And how is Freelander 2 ? does it have the surefootedness of Pajero in offroading ?

The older paj looked more sturdy than the new generation and i think, save for ABS everything was the same between the two models.

I have a big fascination for Pajero and will be buying one soon. Actually the toss up for me is to either go for a new one ( which i feel is highly overpriced ) or buy a 3-4 yr old one with less mileage on the odometer, and then correct any anomalies. The fact that deters me from going for the second option is that lot of the previous owners tend to alter the odometer of the vehicles ( for paj it seems is much more easy ) and hence cannot be relied upon to be less run and accident free.

Another factor is that LC Prado ( say 2000-2005 ) models with MT are available in the market at around 10-14 L. I like Prado but lot of people have said that it can be trouble to maintain in the long run. Like previous generation Pajero, this is also built like a tank and so i am actually more confused in making the choice of SUV.

So which option would you advice me to go for ?

Contact Ricky..He can give you the full details. I think he has also scanned a copy of the original work order for the same with the part number in the earlier part of this thread. Just read from Page 1 itself.. Hope it helps.
I would go with a used 2 year old Pajero with my eyes closed BUT only if the vehicle can be verified. As there are a lot of them which are abused like hell. No service, no oil changes for extended time periods etc. Buying a brand new one (unless with a big discount) does not make sense to my mind

Hope this helps

Cheers
Ricky_63 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2012, 12:32   #134
BHPian

Quote:
I would go with a used 2 year old Pajero with my eyes closed BUT only if the vehicle can be verified. As there are a lot of them which are abused like hell. No service, no oil changes for extended time periods etc. Buying a brand new one (unless with a big discount) does not make sense to my mind

Hope this helps

Cheers
Ricky..thanks.

Have you tried the Pajero Sports version ? the car is as appealing as a buffalo and next to it, old pajero, even with its 25 year old look, looks cute.

I have my eye on a 18 month old pajero sfx with less than 15 k on odo, but the asking price is 20L +. It seems that he has upgraded the music system with something fancy, which i felt is out of place in a Pajero. I am negotiating with him now. Lets see how it comes out.

Interestingly, my uncle who is an auto enthusiast nearly had a cardiac seizure when i told him that i am going to buy a pajero now. He was the opinion that i should go for a new 320d ( F30) with bank finance rather than purchase a 25year old model; that too cash down . Confusion..confusion.

Last edited by Turbo car : 17th September 2012 at 12:43.
Old 18th September 2012, 11:20   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ricky..thanks.

Have you tried the Pajero Sports version ? the car is as appealing as a buffalo and next to it, old pajero, even with its 25 year old look, looks cute.

I have my eye on a 18 month old pajero sfx with less than 15 k on odo, but the asking price is 20L +. It seems that he has upgraded the music system with something fancy, which i felt is out of place in a Pajero. I am negotiating with him now. Lets see how it comes out.

Interestingly, my uncle who is an auto enthusiast nearly had a cardiac seizure when i told him that i am going to buy a pajero now. He was the opinion that i should go for a new 320d ( F30) with bank finance rather than purchase a 25year old model; that too cash down . Confusion..confusion.

The Pajero Sport ain't bad at all...give it a second thought. Else pursue the 18 month old Pajero. Price should be 16L tops - If you are paying 20, then get a new one or the Sport.

As for the 320d. That is not a contender if you are looking at SUV's only. Otherwise a great car & frugal on fuel too

Happy Buying !
Ricky_63 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote