Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 27th October 2011, 19:44   #46
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: City Sleek or Civic Sense? A short comparison of the two

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashu_DL8SAL2859 View Post
Hopefully, this is how the next version might look like. The rear lights treatment is simply eyecatching.
Yes, the rear lights are eye-catching indeed but the headlights look pathetic. The indicator and parking lamp portions look great but the main headlamp portion spoils the entire look and feel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkbkr1212 View Post
Guys,
Sorry if I did hurt your feelings, though that wasn't the intention at all. Apologies once again.
Apologies accepted. On another note, apologies aren't required at all amongst us here in the forum. Though I understood that hurting us was not your intention at all, I just pointed that out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
But the facelifted City launching on November 19th will look like this from the front and back -

Very small cosmetic changes to the front grille, headlamps and rear tail lights , and the addition of an "ECO" indicator on the speedo inside. Other than that, no changes.
As you rightly said, this can hardly be termed a 'facelift', can be termed as 'Product Repositioning' at best.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
The view out is rather low, so you are much more lower than other cars and bikes too.
Tell me about it. The 'low' seating position makes it so much irritating in bumper-to-bumper city traffic where we need to use every inch of the space to avoid being harassed by 2 and 3 wheelers.
arvi86 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2011, 09:32   #47
Senior - BHPian

Little update on the HU interface and convenience buttons for controlling the HU.

The other day took the Golden Beauty(Honda City) in for her second service.
Since the dealership is far, took the driver as well as the Civic(Chicca) as well.
Family too came along as we had to be somewhere right after we gave her in for service.
I drove the golden beauty to the service center and the driver the Civic.
So as usual my daughter had her plenty demands of what music should be playing within the cabin. Having them neatly organized on my pen drive, i would play her each and every request. But for selecting from a wide range of songs on different albums you need to use the scroll wheel on the HU itself.
It's just not possible to scroll to them from the steering mounted controls. Iit would take too long. So many a times i don't even end up using the steering controls while driving, unless i am just adjusting the volume.

After she went in for service.
We sat at the back of the Civic and boy was it comfy in there, even with 3 of us in the back.
My daughter started her song requests again. But this time i was at the back. So selecting her favourite songs meant either going up front or leaning from the back and making the adjustment. I chose to stay back, as how often do we Team-BHPians get a chance to just relax and enjoy the backseat???
So i leaned forward and would select the song.
That's when i realized that it's a two step process in the Civic.
Meaning there are two sets of buttons you would need to press.
You need to adjust the folder knob to get to the album desired.
and than the forward/rewind button to get to your favorite or desired track on that particular album.
A little tedious as compared to the City, especially if you are leaning out from the back seat to make the change.
Where the Civic shines though, is that i could adjust the volume or change to a different track even while sitting at the back. what with the integrated remote control for the HU built in to the rear armrest.
A nifty feature to have indeed.
Though what would have been the ultimate though is if both cars had a built in remote at the back as well as steering controls.
Which reminds me, the City does come with a wireless remote.
I have not used it as yet, but i guess that comes as an added advantage for the City and it inches ahead in terms of flexibility.

How the HU's work when selecting your favorite albums and songs.

~Civic~
1. Dedicated folder button to select your favorite album.
2. Forward / Reverse buttons to toggle to your favorite song.

~City~
For those who have used an ipod, it's pretty much the same interface.
One scroll-er button does everything. it's even the volume knob.
Kind of a jack of all button.
Press it once, scroll to desired album. press again. to select your desired song from the album.
mdsaab is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2011, 14:50   #48
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

How the HU's work when selecting your favorite albums and songs.

~Civic~
1. Dedicated folder button to select your favorite album.
2. Forward / Reverse buttons to toggle to your favorite song.

~City~
For those who have used an ipod, it's pretty much the same interface.
One scroll-er button does everything. it's even the volume knob.
Kind of a jack of all button.
Press it once, scroll to desired album. press again. to select your desired song from the album.
Since Scorpo is 07, it didnt come with these luxuries. No OEM AUX-in, no pen drive. But I agree, the rear seat volume/mode adjust is a nice feature.

I wonder how is the new touchscreen feature in the latest Civics is performing.

Last edited by dot : 28th October 2011 at 14:51.
dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2011, 19:56   #49
Senior - BHPian

Also not to forget the very nifty front armrest which can slide back and forth.
Really missed it today while driving the City. Wish that the City front armrest was just a little bigger.
In the Civic i use to store the GPS device as well as the bracket inside when i use to park the car out for long. But in the City there is only space for the GPS device. The bracket will either have to go in the glovebox. Or under the rear seat where there is a nice little niche for such odd things. Infact that is where i have placed the cabin freshner. Its totally out of sight yet we are greeted with a lovely fragrance each time we enter the cabin.
mdsaab is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2011, 20:09   #50
dot
Senior - BHPian

^ Speaking about the armrest reminded me of the parking brake lever. The Civic's one is a thing of beauty and accurate ergonomics. City's parking brake lever is smooth and conventional. Have we discussed this?
dot is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2011, 20:37   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot
^ Speaking about the armrest reminded me of the parking brake lever. The Civic's one is a thing of beauty and accurate ergonomics. City's parking brake lever is smooth and conventional. Have we discussed this?
Yes i think we did.
The Civic design is definately more radical.
But does it bug you at times, especially on longer drives. It use to get in the way when i wanted to relax my left leg on those longer driver. Have you experienced this?
mdsaab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2011, 06:24   #52
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But does it bug you at times, especially on longer drives. It use to get in the way when i wanted to relax my left leg on those longer driver. Have you experienced this?
Well my personal bias is to always keep the left leg on the dead pedal. When I want to stretch it a bit, I pull in the left leg inside and let the enormous below-the-seat cushion to relax the calf areas.
dot is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2011, 10:47   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

How about a short comparo on maintenance expenses, friends?

I know the City is much cheaper to maintain than the Civic, but it would be great to have an idea of how much both cars ask for, during their servicings.

Also, how are the spare parts priced? Affordable or on the high side?
RavenAvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2011, 12:33   #54
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Note from Mod : Thread has been cleaned up. If anyone has a problem with a thread / post, they can use the "report this post to a Moderator" function. But posting on this thread with negative, off-topic comments will NOT be permitted
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2011, 18:17   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi
How about a short comparo on maintenance expenses, friends?

I know the City is much cheaper to maintain than the Civic, but it would be great to have an idea of how much both cars ask for, during their servicings.

Also, how are the spare parts priced? Affordable or on the high side?
That's a great idea. I will try and procure a spare parts price list of both the CITY and Civic. So far only free services on the golden beauty so not sure of the labour charges.
mdsaab is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2011, 09:13   #56
Senior - BHPian

Was on the highway yesterday, and i realized how great the feature of being able to use the paddles in D even for a short while in the City is.
It helps if you want to overtake someone or just have a little control over you car for a brief moment without shifting in S Manual.

This feature is not there on the pre-facelift Honda Civic.
Wonder if Honda added it to the facelift Civic, Anyone with a facelift AT Civic. Please confirm.
Old 31st October 2011, 09:30   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

@mdsaab; Yes and it is also there in the pre-facelift Civic which I took a TD in.
sgiitk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2011, 09:48   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk
@mdsaab; Yes and it is also there in the pre-facelift Civic which I took a TD in.
Really, what year make was it?
I do not have this feature on my pre-facelift Civic VAT.
Do you think it can be added by some sort of update?
Old 31st October 2011, 10:13   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Not a clue. The chap brought it in, I took the TD and he drove it away, so no clue. I think it was a late pre-revision car.
sgiitk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2011, 16:23   #60
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This feature is not there on the pre-facelift Honda Civic.
Wonder if Honda added it to the facelift Civic, Anyone with a facelift AT Civic. Please confirm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I too have not been able to activate the pedals in D mode. Scorpo is 07 model. Maybe it needs a tweak code in the ECU.

Last edited by dot : 31st October 2011 at 16:24.
dot is offline   Reply With Quote