Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 3rd June 2016, 11:41   #256
Default Re: My new Toyota Altis D-4D: The first one on TBHP! Pics on pg 5

Originally Posted by AWD View Post
Could be badly used/misused car you landed up with. Did you get it checked thoroughly before buying? I'm sure this problem plagued the initial batches of Corolla Altis & Liva/Etios as many of my friends/known persons experienced this in their vehicles. One of them used to carry a 5L Engine oil can in the boot of the car all the time
Well, i did my bit to check about the usage of the car and it was maintained in pristine condition. The past owner was an Australian Indian and he used the car with extreme care. I checked the service records and he went overboard to maintain the car. Every service of his included all the regular service tasks and more than that it included all the fancy treatments possible i.e.(AC Treatment, Engine Bay treatment, 3M Germikleen treatment etc.). The service records were also intact. After buying the car, i replaced the tire and during that time too, i checked about the condition and the service engineer told me that the car has been maintained in a good condition. I will fight this out with Toyota if its a problem with the engine. Luckily, i have a close friend who is in a leadership level of Toyota Kirloskar Motor(TKM) and if needed, he can help me escalate this to the highest level.

Until this is resolved, i will understand the trend of Oil consumption and carry with me a can of engine oil in the car(may be a 5L can). This way, it might add up another 2000/3000Rs in my maintenance but should work out fine
joelchandra is offline   Reply With Quote