Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2011, 21:45   #16
Team-BHP Support
 
noopster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 8,665
Thanked: 9,194 Times
Default re: My new Toyota Altis D-4D: The first one on TBHP! Pics on pg 5

Hey Mohit, can't tell you how relieved...I mean pleased...I am to see your ownership review finally up! I mean after "deciding on" the Vento, then the Cruze (or was that your sis?) then the Altis (your Dad in this case), then the Jetta and finally back on the Altis D, it's been quite a ride

Congrats- this is a great car. I know you'll love it because you chose it over the Vento TDI despite the nearly 50% premium. Toyota= piece of mind, and that you can't get at ANY price!

Post some better pics, dude!
noopster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2011, 22:33   #17
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: new delhi
Posts: 78
Thanked: 20 Times
Default re: My new Toyota Altis D-4D: The first one on TBHP! Pics on pg 5

Congrats buddy, excellent ownership report. I'm also in the market to get the sun films maybe we can go together to have some sort discounts
Jaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2011, 22:47   #18
Distinguished - BHPian
 
drmohitg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Delhi
Posts: 4,479
Thanked: 3,623 Times
Default re: My new Toyota Altis D-4D: The first one on TBHP! Pics on pg 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Hey Mohit, can't tell you how relieved...I mean pleased...I am to see your ownership review finally up! I mean after "deciding on" the Vento, then the Cruze (or was that your sis?) then the Altis (your Dad in this case), then the Jetta and finally back on the Altis D, it's been quite a ride
Post some better pics, dude!
Yup its been a tough but interesting journey . I was waiting for your comments. Yea dude better pics will surely be put. I do not own a SLR but will do the best I can with my Galaxy s2. Hey can you tell me the model numbers of your Llumar films if you remember.

PS: feels like yesterday when you started your Vento thread
drmohitg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2011, 22:51   #19
Distinguished - BHPian
 
drmohitg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Delhi
Posts: 4,479
Thanked: 3,623 Times
Default re: My new Toyota Altis D-4D: The first one on TBHP! Pics on pg 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxy View Post
Congrats buddy, excellent ownership report. I'm also in the market to get the sun films maybe we can go together to have some sort discounts
Hey that will be great. I had asked about Vkool and the best rates I got were 13k for all the glasses. But Noops above suggested Llumar and I found a shop selling those ( a BHPian owns it) in kirti nagar. I will go there on monday and enquire about those.

Also did you get floor mats? This shop above has Kagu mats which he said will cost around 5200 for the Altis. I bought Star car mats for my Innova from Sai mag wheels for 3300. So will check out Kagu in real and then decide if they are worth the extra 2k.

I am put up in West Punjabi Bagh. Where are you located?

Regards,
mohit
drmohitg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2011, 23:30   #20
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: new delhi
Posts: 78
Thanked: 20 Times
Default re: My new Toyota Altis D-4D: The first one on TBHP! Pics on pg 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Hey that will be great. I had asked about Vkool and the best rates I got were 13k for all the glasses. But Noops above suggested Llumar and I found a shop selling those ( a BHPian owns it) in kirti nagar. I will go there on monday and enquire about those.

Also did you get floor mats? This shop above has Kagu mats which he said will cost around 5200 for the Altis. I bought Star car mats for my Innova from Sai mag wheels for 3300. So will check out Kagu in real and then decide if they are worth the extra 2k.

I am put up in West Punjabi Bagh. Where are you located?

Regards,
mohit
I got the floor mats from toyota complimentary, but have heard a lot about Kagu. 5k on floor mats, is it really worth it? what about those transparent plastic ones for 1 - 1.5k ? easy to maintain i think.

I put up in safdarjung enclave.
Jaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2011, 00:08   #21
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 596
Thanked: 115 Times
Default re: My new Toyota Altis D-4D: The first one on TBHP! Pics on pg 5

Congrats for the 1st ownership review of the Corolla D Although I see a lot of 'em on the roads, the reviews however, do not translate onto the forum.
I see that the grille has been changed in the face lifted version. IMO, the earlier one looked better.
Post some more snaps of the car. Happy mile crunching in the meanwhile.
Utopian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2011, 15:26   #22
BHPian
 
druk75's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cochin
Posts: 107
Thanked: 12 Times
Default re: My new Toyota Altis D-4D: The first one on TBHP! Pics on pg 5

Hey!!! Congratulations drmohitg! But when i saw your ownership thread i was all but blindly expecting a showcase for the Jetta. I had been away past couple of weeks from the forum, and didn't know of the latest developments. I was pretty damn sure you had decided on the Jetta...as i remember we were the two of us waiting eagerly for ( read "checking twice every hour in") the team bhp review thread for the Jetta. So how did your decision change suddenly? Maybe after listening to your story I might be tempted to go that way too...as my Jetta is yet to arrive.....

Anyway congrats again....Drive safe and chip in with every bit of experiences with your Japanese mistress.
druk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2011, 15:37   #23
Senior - BHPian
 
dkaile's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Meerut, India
Posts: 2,985
Thanked: 4,025 Times
Default re: My new Toyota Altis D-4D: The first one on TBHP! Pics on pg 5

Congratulations drmohitg on the prudent decision. And thank you for the kind words in the first post. The turbo lag issue with the diesel, I had already warned you. It is however highly drivable and when it will give you lots of joy at lowest costs 5~7 years down the line, you will thank Toyota for the fine vehicles that they build.

I would suggest you remain below 1.5~2K rpm for the first 1K kms (that is what I did) though modern diesels really don't require much running in. Just idle for few seconds before stopping the engine, especially after a long or arduous drive.

Do you really require sun films and is it really legal in Delhi after seeing so many take-off sun films drives? I have survived in the scorching West UP/Delhi heat for the past decade in my Toyota's without feeling the need due to their brilliant A/C's and continue to live without them.

The original Toyota fabric mats are (were) of very good quality and I survived on them for the 7 years with my Corolla (though I had got them complimentary). Though for my Fortuner I chose the black Innova mats (also complimentary) as that seemed more practical in our monsoons.

Enjoy the original seat covers for a few months before going in for some aftermarket ones. Would you believe I lived my entire 7 years on the Corolla on the original ones and it took just a dampened cloth to clean most (light) stains. Though I don't presume your driving habits/family would be same as mine. Give the 'Autoform' brand a try few months down the line for nice (and economical) Faux Leather Seat covers. Stanley is highly over-rated.

Congratulations once again on years of trouble free ownership to come...
dkaile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2011, 16:04   #24
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 318
Thanked: 166 Times
Default Re: My new Toyota Altis D-4D: The first one on TBHP :D!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Well to be honest I am myself not comfortable putting 13k on the sunfilms. But I couldn't locate a genuine 3M dealer in Delhi. Just got the contact details of a BHPian who deals in Llumar. Will check out that too because noopster has it on his vento and he is pretty happy with them.
Pl. make sure that you get adequate heat rejection capabilities in the sun-film you put. And also that the VLT is within the permissible limits. Even Llumar and 3M brands offer several varieties at different prices and performance ranges.
RadiantKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2011, 12:23   #25
Distinguished - BHPian
 
drmohitg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Delhi
Posts: 4,479
Thanked: 3,623 Times
Default Re: My new Toyota Altis D-4D: The first one on TBHP :D!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxy View Post
I got the floor mats from toyota complimentary, but have heard a lot about Kagu. 5k on floor mats, is it really worth it? what about those transparent plastic ones for 1 - 1.5k ? easy to maintain i think.
I really liked these 3d mats. If not these I will rather go for fabric ones provided by Toyota as they go well with the interior colours. Will be going today hopefully to check the Kagu mats and the Llumar films.

Quote:
Originally Posted by druk75 View Post
Hey!!! Congratulations drmohitg! But when i saw your ownership thread i was all but blindly expecting a showcase for the Jetta.Maybe after listening to your story I might be tempted to go that way too...as my Jetta is yet to arrive.....
Hey I didn't but this in place of the Jetta. I had to buy 2 cars and we just decided to buy the Altis first. This car is for my dad although for its first 5-10k kms it will be mostly driven by me only . Do go for the Jetta. I sincerely feel its a very good car even without the ACC. Yesterday I saw the first one on the road and it looked awesome. Trust me half the people will be convinced that they just saw an A4 go by.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
I would suggest you remain below 1.5~2K rpm for the first 1K kms (that is what I did) though modern diesels really don't require much running in. Just idle for few seconds before stopping the engine, especially after a long or arduous drive.
Its a pain to control yourself. I have tried to stay around 2k most of the times with some occasional bursts to 25-2700 rpm. The problem is right now with the new car you want to drive it on open roads away from those menacing 2 wheelers and Auto's. But then on those roads you tend to enjoy the car and let your right foot have some fun.
Quote:
Do you really require sun films and is it really legal in Delhi after seeing so many take-off sun films drives?
Oh yea for sure. I feel that it helps a lot to have them. I will ofcourse take something which is permitted by law.

Quote:
The original Toyota fabric mats are (were) of very good quality and I survived on them for the 7 years with my Corolla (though I had got them complimentary).
Well I will just see the Kagu ones. Have fallen in love with those 3d mats. If I don't like them that much in real then will go ahead with the OEM ones.

Quote:
Enjoy the original seat covers for a few months before going in for some aftermarket ones. Give the 'Autoform' brand a try few months down the line for nice (and economical) Faux Leather Seat covers. Stanley is highly over-rated.
The problem is many a times dad sends the car for some errands or to pick up someone from the Station/Airport. And guests sometimes can be very reckless . Will look around for the covers and get something from outside. I really want to give leather a try. How much will some decent leather covers cost? Not stanley ofcourse. Also won't leather covers get heated up in Delhi summers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantKarma View Post
Pl. make sure that you get adequate heat rejection capabilities in the sun-film you put. And also that the VLT is within the permissible limits. Even Llumar and 3M brands offer several varieties at different prices and performance ranges.
Yea I am going to check out Llumar today. Will get the films today for sure, llumar or vkool.
drmohitg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2011, 12:57   #26
Senior - BHPian
 
dkaile's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Meerut, India
Posts: 2,985
Thanked: 4,025 Times
Default Re: My new Toyota Altis D-4D: The first one on TBHP :D!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
I really want to give leather a try. How much will some decent leather covers cost? Not stanley ofcourse. Also won't leather covers get heated up in Delhi summers?
Somethings which may work internationally sometimes don't work in India. I have got leather in my Falcon, but I feel the high quality Velvet Fabric ones in My Corolla were far more practical and comfortable for North India's heat, just a personal choice. Same way Black colour in cars was never preferred in India due to the heat (and religious reasons) but it is an international favorite. Likewise heated seats and ORVM's are useless in India but some manufacturers still give them. Cruise Control is also one thing which will not work here but horde mentality forces our manufacturers to give them. On my recent trip to Moradabad on the Toll Expressway, I could hardly touch 130 on my Falcon before some dog/tangewala/bullock cart etc. came into my path and I had to drop the accelerator, and that too on a TOLL ROAD. So how will we use the cruise control here?? It will lead to more accidents than utility.

Many Faux leather one's are available but go for some high quality ones. Stanley would be upwards of 25~30K at Lajpat Nagar whereas Faux ones could start for as low as 5K.
dkaile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2011, 13:09   #27
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 24
Thanked: 5 Times
Default re: My new Toyota Altis D-4D: The first one on TBHP! Pics on pg 5

Hi!
Congrats!
I live in Mumbai. I bought the petrol version of the new Altis on July 27th after I sold the Honda City that I had for the last 4 years. I did a comparison of all the equivalent models and just fell for the car. I am still not able to get the fuel efficiency of the car as the monsoon has created a mess of Mumbai roads and steady driving speed is just not possible.
With the petrol price increase I need to watch the fuel consumption :-(
Cheers
Sriganesh
sri1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2011, 13:59   #28
Distinguished - BHPian
 
drmohitg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Delhi
Posts: 4,479
Thanked: 3,623 Times
Default Re: My new Toyota Altis D-4D: The first one on TBHP :D!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Many Faux leather one's are available but go for some high quality ones. Stanley would be upwards of 25~30K at Lajpat Nagar whereas Faux ones could start for as low as 5K.
Exactly Even I feel rather then giving basic features and improving on the same is better then many of those hyped up but useless features. Things like a decent ICE, leather seats, interior options, rear ac vents are so much better then having cruise control and heated seats.

My budget is not too much for the seats. If I get some real nice leather covers for under 10k I can think of them. Otherwise will just look at the fabric options and decide. Can you suggest any particular shop in delhi for the covers? I am not looking at stanley or rather anything upwards of 10k.
drmohitg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2011, 14:08   #29
Senior - BHPian
 
dkaile's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Meerut, India
Posts: 2,985
Thanked: 4,025 Times
Default Re: My new Toyota Altis D-4D: The first one on TBHP :D!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Can you suggest any particular shop in delhi for the covers? I am not looking at stanley or rather anything upwards of 10k.
Elegant at Lajpat Nagar is decent big shop but about 10~20% costlier than the competition around it. Once you reach Elegant you will be able to see lots of shops around it from where you can bargain the best price.
dkaile is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2011, 19:29   #30
Distinguished - BHPian
 
drmohitg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Delhi
Posts: 4,479
Thanked: 3,623 Times
Default re: My new Toyota Altis D-4D: The first one on TBHP! Pics on pg 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sri1951 View Post
Hi!
Congrats!
I live in Mumbai. I bought the petrol version of the new Altis on July 27th after I sold the Honda City that I had for the last 4 years. I did a comparison of all the equivalent models and just fell for the car. I am still not able to get the fuel efficiency of the car as the monsoon has created a mess of Mumbai roads and steady driving speed is just not possible.
With the petrol price increase I need to watch the fuel consumption :-(
Cheers
Sriganesh
Congrats on your new car sri. I am sure it must be turning out to be one of the best decisions of your life. I am kind of really enjoying the new touch screen ICE that they are giving. For an average music listener like me its working very well and I could show the bluetooth trick to all my family and everyone was amazed .
FE wise I am not sure if the petrol one will return you more then 11 in city traffic. I have driven mine for 300 including some tense bumper to bumper traffic and I am getting an overall FE of 16 till now according to the MID.
drmohitg is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My Blu smiles- Toyota Etios Liva G- First one on TBHP mayank10 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 66 13th August 2012 20:12
Altis Diesel vs Micra Diesel ! Is Altis Diesel still underpowered ??? Hero Puch The Indian Car Scene 13 8th April 2011 16:20
Toyota Corolla Altis Diesel vs VW Vento Diesel : Which one? mykal shoemaker Sedans 28 11th November 2010 20:17
Toyota Innova or Toyota Altis Diesel h.k What Car? 9 4th October 2010 10:48
Toyota altis!!!! will it revive Toyota's presence in indian Automotive world! dhall_gagan The Indian Car Scene 3 12th August 2008 12:49


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 02:25.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks