Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 8th October 2011, 07:42   #16
BHPian

Default re: VW POLO 1.2 EDIT : 2 months and 2000kms update

Congrats mate, nice color and do keep the thread updated.
b_ambat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2011, 12:03   #17
BHPian

Exclamation re: VW POLO 1.2 EDIT : 2 months and 2000kms update

You can ask for Sunny, Raju or Shiva.
If you buy anything from them let it be either the mats or the music system or the tints.

P.S: Please monitor the guys who are putting the tints and mention to the boys not to use the razor blade on the rubber beadings of your window!
They are fast but again, they can mistakingly slice off your rubber beadings :(
Also look out for air bubbles if any - AFTER THEY ARE DONE.
Once you put these tints on, he recommends you to keep windows closed for 24 to 48 hours depending on the weather.
Apatel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2011, 13:17   #18
BHPian

Unhappy re: VW POLO 1.2 EDIT : 2 months and 2000kms update

pics of damage to rear lamp and bumper
NOW, got to figure how much pain it will cause further (both to the pocket and dealing with the service guys @ vw)
Attached Thumbnails
VW POLO 1.2 EDIT : 2 months and 2000kms update-tbhp.jpg  

Old 10th October 2011, 13:29   #19
BHPian

All, if you read my opening thread i refered to some german ingenuity in design (Front hood release lever is carefully placed (fool proof design)
you might have noticed this, but i still am posting a pic showing above
Attached Thumbnails
VW POLO 1.2 EDIT : 2 months and 2000kms update-failsafe.jpg  

Old 10th October 2011, 17:19   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apatel View Post
Just got 3D mats (KAGU) - Paid 2250 INR without bill
Sorry to hear about the damage. From the pcitures I suggest you try rubbing compound (turtle wax premium rubbing compund is what I use) on the scracthes before you re-paint the bumper. From the picture it looks like most of them (90%) will go away.

If possible, could you please post some close up pictures of your car with the mats? The prices seem to good to be true, I was quoted 4.5K for 3D from Kagu in several shops.

Last edited by bharatbs : 10th October 2011 at 17:23.
bharatbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2011, 18:54   #21
BHPian

@bharatbs thanks for your tip. I was considering taking it to the VW service center to get it fixed. Won't he do the rubbing and painting stuff?

The cost of the mats might be because I went through a close friend of his who also happens to mine! Any case I will share the pics in a few days. Totally caught up this week :(
Old 10th October 2011, 18:55   #22
BHPian

Red face re: VW POLO 1.2 EDIT : 2 months and 2000kms update

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_ambat View Post
Congrats mate, nice color and do keep the thread updated.
Thanks ambat. Do you have a POLO too?
Old 14th October 2011, 10:44   #23
BHPian

Okay - fuel efficiency update from my second long drive
I recall posting this but it isn't on the chain so reposting.

550 kms drive - Bangalore to Mysore to Bandipur Wildlife reserve and back to mysore
Impressive 18kmpl
Old 20th October 2011, 16:23   #24
BHPian

I think someone asked me for this and i forgot...
Pitstop
(car accessories - alloy wheel, tints and mats) No.G-9, Raheja Plaza, Opp To Life Style, Next To Football Stadium, Richmond Road, Bangalore - 560025
Mr Sunil Arora,Mr K G S Raju(Managing Partner)+(91)-(80)-41127911
Old 20th October 2011, 16:35   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apatel View Post
The cost of the mats might be because I went through a close friend of his who also happens to mine! Any case I will share the pics in a few days. Totally caught up this week :(
Cost of 3D mats you mentioned seems a steal. I purchased the black '3D Kagu Max Spider' for 4.7K, last week!

Cheers!
volkman10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2011, 16:40   #26
BHPian

VW Downtown, Bangalore Service experience:
I visited the service centre (also a showroom) to get the tail lamp assembly replaced a couple of days back and have put downa a piece of my mind here. Its a pretty factual message so don't worry, i am not biasing towards anyone here.

For Volkswagen's reputation, this dealer is a cheap representative!! by quite a few standards. (Surprisingly its called Elite Motors and the same people are taken up the Honda cars dealership as well!)
Firstly the set up on Magrath road is not constructed to handle servicing of cars efficiently - space vise. Entry and exit are a joke. The unit would probably be ideal to handle a 2 wheeler servicing unit.
The cops, the neighbors and also the vehicular traffic are constantly abusing the employees/visitors for occupying the road. THERE IS JUST NOT ENOUGH FOR CARS COMING IN FOR SERVICING AND DISPLAYING DEMO?NEW CARS.
Old 20th October 2011, 16:54   #27
BHPian

VW Downtown, Bangalore Service experience: (Contd...)
Now getting the actual part: How easy is it to get someone at the service centre to accept your car for servicing and take delivery after it?
Honestly I haven't experienced that part yet, since mine is just a 7 week old(or young) POLO.

I called them up both the days before i went there and also on the day i took my vehicle there to make sure they remember me (it worked) I also confirmed the availablity of the part and pricing! When I got there I got a feel of how things work and realised this is similar to "How to get your Job done in a Government office in India". There were several people waiting for hours and no one had taken their vehicles. I had been here once before and had got a feel of the service centre culture and environment, when i got the suspension looked at, a week after delivery for some noise (nothing was wrong that time).
I had to go to each person to get things done, right from writing down the job card to raising invoice for new part to getting it released from inventory to generating a bill to requesting them to accept the cash !

I must say the employees were cooperative, and their problem is that there is no definite process for them to follow. I found out people never stay there for more than a month or two. I feel this is an issue of Managing stuff!!!! which i feel is the responsibility of the dealer. I wonder why the suzuki's and the Hyundai's can establish a decent service experience and not a giant like VW. I must say the guy who handled my car was really good, except he was distracted by so many nonsensical things like parking/bill generation/part releasing. So much time was lost while he could probably have taken in 3 or 4 other cars waiting for service.
Old 20th October 2011, 16:56   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on your new ride.
Hey please post pics of the mats. 2200 is the best price I have seen for Kagu mats anywhere on the forum. Also aren't those films against RTO recommendations?
drmohitg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2011, 17:00   #29
BHPian

All said and done, they did a quick job and i was out of the center in 1 hour and 45 minutes (15 minutes for actual job done - fixing tail lamp and touching up bumper scratches) I must pat myself also for this because i always stayed on top of them

Cost of new Right Tail Lamp : 1875 Rs
Cost of touch up: free
Service experience: Invaluable

Hope VW showrooms/service centres offering remarkable German engineering also offer German Management skills in future by default (fingers crossed)
Old 20th October 2011, 17:03   #30
BHPian

@drmohitg pics coming soon (very very sorry for the delay)
for heaven's sake, these are floor mats and not tints which i actually think you might be refering to
Imagine the RTO guys stopping the car and wanting to check for my floor mats LOL