Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 9th October 2011, 21:43   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Playing Smooth Jazz…Radio Team BHP

congrats aaren, Nice write up and good color choice. Happy safe miles.
b_ambat is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2011, 22:06   #17
BHPian

Note from Mod: There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the board experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use spell-checkers.

Last edited by GTO : 10th October 2011 at 13:44.
_Vyenky is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 9th October 2011, 22:38   #18
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Aaren on being the first new Honda Jazz onwer of TBHP
Excellent description and drool-worthy photos. The color is amazing!

Since it looks like you are a person who care a lot about aesthetics,
I will give once piece of advice (since I have recently got interested in car detailing). It is best to get a wax/sealant applied once the car is new and follow it up regularly (once in 3 months or so) with wax/sealant. You can go for professional car care centre or just do it yourself. Also, think about a way of maintaining your car on a daily basis (jopasu duster, car shampoo, and a Quick detailer plus one wheel and tire cleaner should be fine) . Refer to the car detailing thread for more...I feel like kicking myself for not doing it when the car was new.
adimicra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2011, 23:38   #19
BHPian

Very Nice Aaren!

Congratulations for Jazz. Its one of the most accomplished hatchbacks that India has.

Here at Pune OTR costs around 7.05 L, my family is still at Indore - I guess I could go your route for saving up on some good chunk of money!

But since the new jazz is having a waitlist of around 6 months - I will most likely get myself either a Swift ZXi or a Polo 1.6 instead of a Jazz.

Happy Motoring!
sids911 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2011, 23:48   #20
BHPian

Natarajan: Finally!

So wonderful seeing your beauty mate. Gorgeous and playtimes are back. The decision making pdf was a nice little addition! wishing you many many many happy miles ahead. Drive safe.

By the way, the front grille looks great without the plastic fender.

And this calls for a treat, wont let you go so easily

Last edited by coolmel : 9th October 2011 at 23:51.
coolmel is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2011, 00:58   #21
BANNED

Congratulations for your New acquisition which is also the first new upgraded Jazz on the forum.
Its also my favourite Petrol hatch available in India.
Even better is her Set of pics which you've shared with us.
Jazz is really a beauty & Brilliant car to own.
It truly deserves to be a 'Honda', as its having all the qualities about which the Honda is proud of.

Do share her Fuel efficiency details of her with updates at the Milestones(like 1000kms, 4000kms & so on).

**Edit:**
Isn't the New Jazz X is having Rear Spoiler & Body coloured element embedded front Radiator Grille !
But your is having these different elements. Do confirm this out.

Last edited by CRtorquefan : 10th October 2011 at 01:03. Reason: Content addition.
CRtorquefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2011, 06:59   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post
Hi Aaren,
Well written report. Rather logical decision making process.
Faced with the yummylicious photographs - wasn't sure whether I wanted to eat it, drive it or...errr...just play Jazz !
Real eye catching piece of engineering.
You have laid out the choices yourself It is a very eye catching piece of enginnering work there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvinashV View Post
Just wanted to know if you feel the bulk of the vehicle when you have taken turns or curves at decent speeds, cause visually at least I have always felt the Jazz to be much bigger than cars of the segment & have always wondered how it would compare with an i20 or Swift.
Thanks, Avinash for your good wishes. You have raised a good point here. I did a TD of i20 long time back and have not driven a Swift. So while comparisons are odios, in comparison to the Santro, this one is a lot different. However, I will park your question and answer it after few drives through some ghat sections.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Thanks for the excellent ownership report Aaren. The car looks great in red, and the alloys are really hot. Do keep updating the thread regularly. Drive safe!
Thanks VB-San. Coming from you means a lot. I will try and follow the path set by you, Adi, AKP, mdsaab and others in terms of providing as much info as possible and keeping the thread updated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
And finally the Jazz has arrived. Great choice of colour. The red really does make it stand out. And the Jazz stands out anyway that's to its futuristic design philosophy. So are there any after-market accessories planned for her? Upgrading to better and wider tyres soon? How much does that parcel-tray cost?

Congratulations Aaren, and all the best!

Drive safe man, and keep them revs high!

EDIT: I'm glad you've opted to go in for the clean honey-comb grille, instead of that gaudy chrome thing in the front. Honestly, it looks stupid! You're a smart man, with good taste!
Thanks, Suhaas !! In terms of accessories not much planned other than what is mentioned in the report. I do not think I will go in for tire upgrade or even changing the tire.

Being "X" variant, the parcel tray came as a package. In fact, after a week or so (hopefully) the front grille will get changed to the "X" variant grille (not the chrome variety) and the rear spoiler will also get added.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akp View Post
Congratulations, aaren, for your gorgeous new acquisition and for the first new Jazz thread on the forum.

Nice detailed report - thanks for sharing. Wish you many many happy miles in your Jazz.
Thanks, akp !!
aaren is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2011, 07:16   #23
BHPian

Congratulations buddy! from what I've picked up, the waiting period for the Jazz has gone upto 5 months here in Mumbai.

Request you to post a few more interior pictures, wanted to get a clear view of the black and blue interiors of the X variant.

Enjoy your ride!

Cheers.
Bhushanrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2011, 10:19   #24
Senior - BHPian

Its not much better here in Delhi , in fact this review made be give a call to a few dealerships to ascertain what the current timeline is with respect to getting a delivery and most have put it between 4-6 months . which unfortunately is not surprising if Honda continues at the current production rate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhushanrulz View Post
Congratulations buddy! from what I've picked up, the waiting period for the Jazz has gone upto 5 months here in Mumbai.

Request you to post a few more interior pictures, wanted to get a clear view of the black and blue interiors of the X variant.

Enjoy your ride!

Cheers.
puchoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2011, 15:36   #25
BHPian

congrats aaren on your ride! and thanks for putting up the first initial ownership report report of the new jazz. look forward to many more pages of happy motoring news from you

Do post a little more on your experience with the MRFs as the tyre brand has been discussed quiet a lot. Have you had and experience with the Michelins also. how do the MRFs compare?

Also keep the thread updated with accessories planned, cost, etc which will be helpful for us to be jazz owners.

Congrats again!
funkyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2011, 15:47   #26
BHPian

Congratulations! It is a fantastic car.

Hey, I am surprised to see the front grill of the car. I remember seeing a different grill in the Jazz brochure. See the attached picture (taken from the official Jazz brochure from Honda India website)
Attached Images

raghavv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2011, 19:49   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Congrats Aaren on being the first new Honda Jazz onwer of TBHP
Excellent description and drool-worthy photos. The color is amazing!

Since it looks like you are a person who care a lot about aesthetics,
I will give once piece of advice (since I have recently got interested in car detailing).
Thanks very much Adi for your inputs. I intend to try and keep the gloss in the car to the extent that is possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRtorquefan View Post

Do share her Fuel efficiency details of her with updates at the Milestones(like 1000kms, 4000kms & so on).
**Edit:**
Isn't the New Jazz X is having Rear Spoiler & Body coloured element embedded front Radiator Grille !
But your is having these different elements. Do confirm this out.
Yes, I intend to. On a short but almost a straight drive, got a fuel efficiency of about 13.5 to 14.0.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhushanrulz View Post

Cheers.
I will post some more pics after getting the grilled and the spoiler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp View Post

Do post a little more on your experience with the MRFs as the tyre brand has been discussed quiet a lot. Have you had and experience with the Michelins also. how do the MRFs compare?

Also keep the thread updated with accessories planned, cost, etc which will be helpful for us to be jazz owners.

Congrats again!
Thanks. As mentioned in my report, my short experience with MRF has been good against my expectations and hence, am not seeing the need for a change right away. With other commitments around, I will rather wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghavv View Post
Hey, I am surprised to see the front grill of the car. I remember seeing a different grill in the Jazz brochure. See the attached picture (taken from the official Jazz brochure from Honda India website)
Yes, you are right. You and CRtorquefan are sharp in your observations !! The Rear spoiler and the grille is coming in a week's time. These two parts are, am told, do not form part of the vehicle that is sent from the factory and in this case, is being shipped separately.
aaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2011, 20:09   #28
Senior - BHPian

This is a new one for me , never heard it before - so you are expected to take the car back to the dealer or their workshop to get them installed? Just wonder if this is another sign of production not being smooth when it comes to the jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaren View Post

Yes, you are right. You and CRtorquefan are sharp in your observations !! The Rear spoiler and the grille is coming in a week's time. These two parts are, am told, do not form part of the vehicle that is sent from the factory and in this case, is being shipped separately.
puchoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2011, 00:08   #29
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaren View Post

Yes, I intend to. On a short but almost a straight drive, got a fuel efficiency of about 13.5 to 14.0.

I will post some more pics after getting the grilled and the spoiler.
Actually the Jazz X which I've even seen last week was having New Body colour Grille & Rear Spoiler.
IMHO, These are the features of the previous Jazz X, maybe HSCI was having those previous parts, Radiator Grille(might be the Imported ones) lying in their Inventory so they used it first.
Do ask your dealer for the Gorgeous Rear Spoiler, even if you're comfortable with its front Radiator grille.

I'd also advice you to Once checkout the Manufacturing date of your Jazz.
Good luck.
CRtorquefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2011, 05:05   #30
BHPian

Congrats Aaren on your new Jazz. Great choice given the VFM offering and Honda reliability. I believe you are one of the few lucky bhpians who got the delivery of the Jazz. Enjoy the ride and keep the thread alive.
C300 is offline   Reply With Quote