Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2011, 13:58   #31
BHPian
 
Geo_Ipe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Vellore
Posts: 395
Thanked: 359 Times
Default Re: Playing Smooth Jazz…Radio Team BHP

Congratulations on your new acquisition!!

Now that adimicra has shut his ownership thread down, I guess this shall take its place. Nice to see Adi active on anything regarding the Jazz.

I myself have booked the Select. According to my SA, waiting period was the X was "definitely more than 6 months'', hence the Select. Eagerly waiting and glued to anything that mentions Jazz on TBHP.
Geo_Ipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2011, 10:34   #32
BHPian
 
aaren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Indore
Posts: 164
Thanked: 252 Times
Default Re: Playing Smooth Jazz…Radio Team BHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRtorquefan View Post
I'd also advice you to Once checkout the Manufacturing date of your Jazz.
Good luck.
Once I got the confirmation that the car is being sent, I did a follow up with Honda and based on the Honda's advises, the dealer gave me the VIN. The car is manufactured in Sept. 2011.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C300 View Post
Congrats Aaren on your new Jazz. Great choice given the VFM offering and Honda reliability. I believe you are one of the few lucky bhpians who got the delivery of the Jazz. Enjoy the ride and keep the thread alive.
Thanks !! I guess it is a matter of time before others start getting. I saw one more Jazz "X" variant sitting with the dealer at Indore when I took my car delivery. So not sure where the issue is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo_Ipe View Post
Congratulations on your new acquisition!!

Now that adimicra has shut his ownership thread down, I guess this shall take its place. Nice to see Adi active on anything regarding the Jazz.

I myself have booked the Select. According to my SA, waiting period was the X was "definitely more than 6 months'', hence the Select. Eagerly waiting and glued to anything that mentions Jazz on TBHP.
Thanks. Guys like Adi, AKP, Wildon have made a great contribution to the richness of this forum through their threads and to follow in their foot steps is not going to be easy. This is pure passion from their hearts that is getting reflected in the quality of their threads. From my side, I will try to keep this thread active and informative.

Here, I also would like to acknowledge the help rendered by Coolmel. He was one of the early guys who helped me out and he has immensely helped me with his inputs.
aaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2011, 16:06   #33
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: new mumbai
Posts: 99
Thanked: 4 Times
Default Re: Playing Smooth Jazz…Radio Team BHP

Congrats Aaren. Finally we have New Honda Jazz ownership thread.

Please follow advise given by Adi as this will make sure your car looks great for years to come.

One advise from my side, once you complete 1K kms you will have a new addiction.
scrooze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2011, 22:34   #34
Distinguished - BHPian
 
RavenAvi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Flying Around
Posts: 5,357
Thanked: 28,181 Times
Default Re: Playing Smooth Jazz…Radio Team BHP

Congrats, Aaren! Your long wait for the Jazz finally culminates, and how!

The Rallye Red looks stunning, and is easily the best color on the Jazz (followed by Urban Titanium, IMO). Remember to keep it polished and waxed well, and it should age gracefully.

Waiting eagerly to see the pics of the rear spoiler. It adds so much character to the Jazz's rear looks. I really like the black honeycomb grille though - you could do without the body-colored one, but it comes by default so no complaints.

Your Jazz is a stunner, and will turn many heads. I suspect you will drive it around with a huge puffed chest.

Drive safe, bud. Wishing you lots of mile-crunching years ahead!
RavenAvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2011, 12:16   #35
BHPian
 
aaren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Indore
Posts: 164
Thanked: 252 Times
Default Re: Playing Smooth Jazz…Radio Team BHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrooze View Post
Congrats Aaren.
Please follow advise given by Adi as this will make sure your car looks great for years to come.

One advise from my side, once you complete 1K kms you will have a new addiction.
Thanks for your wishes !!
- Yes. I will be following Adi's advise as well as maintaining the car as well as follwing the car maintenance guide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Congrats, Aaren! Your long wait for the Jazz finally culminates, and how!

The Rallye Red looks stunning, and is easily the best color on the Jazz (followed by Urban Titanium, IMO). Remember to keep it polished and waxed well, and it should age gracefully.

Waiting eagerly to see the pics of the rear spoiler. It adds so much character to the Jazz's rear looks. I really like the black honeycomb grille though - you could do without the body-colored one, but it comes by default so no complaints.

Your Jazz is a stunner, and will turn many heads. I suspect you will drive it around with a huge puffed chest.

Drive safe, bud. Wishing you lots of mile-crunching years ahead!
Welcome back, RavenAvi - missing you in the forum !!

Thanks very much for the wishes. This week am travelling to Indore and hopefully the vehicle should have the missing pieces. Agree with you on the Honeycomb grille - it looks real nice but then since I have paid the price for the other grilled - will go in with the grille meant for 'X'.

Will keep updated.
aaren is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2011, 12:34   #36
Distinguished - BHPian
 
vb-san's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: S'pore/Thrissur
Posts: 4,686
Thanked: 3,846 Times
Default Re: Playing Smooth Jazz…Radio Team BHP

Aaren, not sure if you have mentioned this. What is the real-time mileage you are able to achieve? And when are you going to get the Stanleys on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Congrats, Aaren! Your long wait for the Jazz finally culminates, and how!
Hey Raven, good to see you back! I was thinking what happened to the Honda folks – all gone missing in one shot.

So you have decided against the Jazz and going for a sedan? Probably you should read Suhaas’ Goa travelogue for a change of mind again
vb-san is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2011, 18:55   #37
Distinguished - BHPian
 
RavenAvi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Flying Around
Posts: 5,357
Thanked: 28,181 Times
Default Re: Playing Smooth Jazz…Radio Team BHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaren View Post
Welcome back, RavenAvi - missing you in the forum !!

Thanks very much for the wishes. This week am travelling to Indore and hopefully the vehicle should have the missing pieces. Agree with you on the Honeycomb grille - it looks real nice but then since I have paid the price for the other grilled - will go in with the grille meant for 'X'.

Will keep updated.
Thanks, buddy!

Yep, the body-colored one is not a bad looker, but you won't be missing it much if it gets broken or stolen. The black mesh is a real stunner, and it makes a H-O-T combination with the red Jazz, IMHO!


Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Hey Raven, good to see you back! I was thinking what happened to the Honda folks – all gone missing in one shot.

So you have decided against the Jazz and going for a sedan? Probably you should read Suhaas’ Goa travelogue for a change of mind again
Hey VB, thanks! Got busy with work and stuff, and now I found myself some free time.

Oh yes, Suhaas's travelogue is superb. Went through it this morning and I loved sharing his whole experience. He has a keen eye for detail and doesn't miss a thing. And the pic of the Jazz packed with travel bags swept me off my feet yet again (like the pic in akp's thread).






I still have the budget to get myself a sedan, so right now finalising between the City and the Vento. Still love the Jazz to bits though.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 18th October 2011 at 18:57.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2011, 21:55   #38
Distinguished - BHPian
 
RavenAvi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Flying Around
Posts: 5,357
Thanked: 28,181 Times
Default Re: Playing Smooth Jazz…Radio Team BHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
So you have decided against the Jazz and going for a sedan? Probably you should read Suhaas’ Goa travelogue for a change of mind again
Looks like you read the future, vb my friend.

Booked the Jazz X earlier today, at the insistence of my Dad. Delivery expected in mid-December.

Will be booking a sedan in January as well.
RavenAvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2011, 23:22   #39
Senior - BHPian
 
puchoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Delhi / Shimla
Posts: 1,433
Thanked: 750 Times
Default Re: Playing Smooth Jazz…Radio Team BHP

Thats not bad at all - allin all a little over 1.5 months waiting period for the car , far better than the 4-5 months we are hearing in Delhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Booked the Jazz X earlier today, at the insistence of my Dad. Delivery expected in mid-December.
puchoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2011, 17:53   #40
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Pune / Mumbai
Posts: 111
Thanked: 14 Times
Default Re: Playing Smooth Jazz…Radio Team BHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaren View Post
@Libranof1987: The cabin lamp is located off center and is behind the front seats. Passengers in the rear seat will be the beneficiaries of this light rather than the front seats. If I put it, it will be in the front as there appears to be a point where this work can be done.
Nice thread buddy, very well named!

Dont you all find the cabin lamp in the centre more comfortable! That way, it may be kept on even during night drives without the drivers visiblity getting deteriorated!
freak1201 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2011, 13:09   #41
BHPian
 
aaren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Indore
Posts: 164
Thanked: 252 Times
Default Re: Playing Smooth Jazz…Radio Team BHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by freak1201 View Post
Nice thread buddy, very well named!

Dont you all find the cabin lamp in the centre more comfortable! That way, it may be kept on even during night drives without the drivers visiblity getting deteriorated!
Thanks !!

In some ways, yes, it is. However, there are two issues here:

a. The placement- it is kind of off center and the front passenger if he /she is reading the map, then the light might just not be sufficient.
b. It is more convenient to the rear passengers rather than the front - which is the way if the front passenger is going to be helping in navigating.

Today morning when I was reading the Owner's manual, I discovered that some pages are missing . So went to the showroom. This is how the conversation went:

Me: I would like to show the Manual which has some pages missing. I want these missing pages.
Sales Rep (SR): Yes Sir. let me go inside and check what can be done.
(After 5 minutes):
SR: Sir, I have checked and am sorry but nothing can be done.
Me: why?
SR: Sir, the manual has come from Honda and we can not do anything about it.
Me: Why can not you do anything about it?
SR: As we have entered all the details about your car in this book, we cannot replace your book.
Me: I did not say or mean that you have to replace the book. All am saying is that I need the pages - can not you copy the pages from another book and give to me ?
SR (light has dawned on his face): Yes sir, that can be done.
By this time, another senior person joins in and then confirms that they will copy the missing pages from another book and deliver to me.

I left wondering what has happened to bright sparks and minds ???
aaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2011, 13:28   #42
Distinguished - BHPian
 
vb-san's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: S'pore/Thrissur
Posts: 4,686
Thanked: 3,846 Times
Default Re: Playing Smooth Jazz…Radio Team BHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaren View Post
Today morning when I was reading the Owner's manual, I discovered that some pages are missing
Can’t you write directly to Honda? I mean missing pages in Owner’s manual sounds so bizarre. At least they should provide you with a replacement.
vb-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2011, 14:02   #43
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 596
Thanked: 115 Times
Default Re: Playing Smooth Jazz…Radio Team BHP

Congrats for the Jazz. It certainly looks awesome stuff in that Red color. The honeycomb grille looks much better than the all chrome version.
Apart from the new headlights, bumpers, grille & of course the price, what are the other changes in the new one?
Utopian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2011, 15:02   #44
BHPian
 
aaren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Indore
Posts: 164
Thanked: 252 Times
Default Re: Playing Smooth Jazz…Radio Team BHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian View Post
Congrats for the Jazz. The honeycomb grille looks much better than the all chrome version.
Apart from the new headlights, bumpers, grille & of course the price, what are the other changes in the new one?
Thanks.

This is the "X" variant and the car comes with Rear spoiler and body colored front grille. It does not have the chrome grille. If Honda give a choice (with suitable price differential) I would have preferred the current black honeycomb grille which looks good.

The other differences:
a. Front fog lamps
b. Driver Seat Height Adjustment
c. Upholstery - this one is blue and black
d. Foldable / retractable outer rear view mirrors
aaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2011, 15:26   #45
Senior - BHPian
 
puchoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Delhi / Shimla
Posts: 1,433
Thanked: 750 Times
Default Re: Playing Smooth Jazz…Radio Team BHP

this is a combination which was available before the refresh as well and i wish Honda had given a choice in the interior colors to the consumer , in my opinion the beige and black looks better than the blue shade but unfortunately its not available in the top end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaren View Post
b. Driver Seat Height Adjustment
c. Upholstery - this one is blue and black
puchoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Amateur Radio (Ham Radio) thread bejoy Shifting gears 102 11th October 2017 10:43
Radio Auto Launched! Radio TUK TUK RW9763 Street Experiences 2 24th November 2010 15:17
Team-BHP on Radio City 91.1 FM esteem_lover Shifting gears 33 17th August 2007 10:23


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 19:50.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks