Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 2nd November 2013, 12:06   #46
BHPian

Default re: Chill Bill - New Ford Fiesta Titanium Petrol - a 50,000 km report

Am nearing the 30,000 km mark and plan to give it for service in a couple of weeks. Steering shaft noise has cropped up again (was replaced when at 20,000 km) and I have to ask the service personnel to look at it again.

Had taken the car for a drive from Chennai to Kaniyakumari and later to Coimbatore. Car seems to be more effortless to reach 130-140 kmph compared to earlier periods. Perhaps the engine has now been 'tuned' to my driving style.
hypermiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2014, 18:27   #47
BHPian

Got the steering shaft replaced again at 35,000 km at the Ford service station at OMR, Chennai. Charges? INR 0 :-D! Was done in a day. Car was under 3rd year extended warranty. The service person recommended that I may have to change the tires by the next 10,000 km as there were some uneven wear. I will be changing them in a couple of months.
Old 14th January 2015, 10:07   #48
BHPian

Hey, i am looking for a used 2011 make ford fiesta diesel in Mumbai. Any specific watch outs i have to take care while checking the car?
Dieselritzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2015, 20:11   #49
BHPian

Sorry for responding so late. Check the steering shafts for any obstructions while running at crawling speeds. I had them looked into twice while under warranty.

Second, you may want to check the AC cooling. Not that the the all new fiesta has problems, but I observed problems with my older Fiesta (classic) and the Icon.
hypermiler is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2015, 21:11   #50
BHPian

Default Re: Chill Bill - New Ford Fiesta Titanium Petrol - a 50,000km report

Completed the 50,000 km service. Charge at Rs.~5100 which includes engine oil change, oil filter cleaning, interior cleaning, wheel rotation / alignment and balancing and brake inspection and cleaning.
Old 3rd July 2015, 19:04   #51
BHPian

I am in the market for a C1 segment *new* car, basically. However, the famous thread on Lateral Upgrade somehow brought a used Fiesta petrol on the table of discussions.

I went through your thread entirely, and except the price and congested rear bench, this car sticks to all my parameters quite perfectly. Especially the highway fuel economy figures have left me pleasantly surprised. The noisy steering shaft, looks not to be a serious problem to me. What according to you, a 38000 kilometers run 2011 Fiesta Petrol base variant should cost?
Swapnil4585 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2015, 12:52   #52
BHPian

Default Re: Chill Bill - New Ford Fiesta Titanium Petrol - a 50,000 km report

Hi Swapnil,

The last time I evaluated my Fiesta, the used car dealer quoted 3.15l with 50,000k in the ODO around Dec 2014. Dealer will possibly have a margin of 25k to 50k more when it is sold to the end user. IDV is quoted around 4.2 to 4.8l for the upcoming year. Quotes on evaluation (as of Dec 2014) via websites rated it at 4.5l if the car was well maintained.

In general, it is an excellent car. Pity Ford stopped selling the petrol model. I have not replaced a part since the purchase (its almost 4 years since) except for the steering shaft and the normal replaceable items like tires and battery.

Regular service charges get to 4 - 5k per visit which is once a year.
Old 7th July 2015, 12:40   #53
BHPian

I've conveyed my interest to our used cars dealer about the Fiesta petrol. He said that there aren't much in the used car market, although there are 2 Fiesta Classics available. I'm not too sure about spare parts availability of the Classic and hear that it is going to be discontinued soon. Keeping fingers crossed as of now.
Swapnil4585 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2016, 21:57   #54
BHPian

Default Re: Chill Bill - New Ford Fiesta Titanium Petrol - a 60,000 km report

Completed the 60,000 km service at Chennai Ford. The charges came to ~Rs.4300. The service person mentioned that the fuel filter needs to be changed which may cost an additional 6000. But as they could not source it, they mentioned that they will give me a call once it is available and get it done in a couple of hours. Apart from that there were no problems noted.

But due to the hot summer at Chennai (42 degree C) and when I have to park under the sun, I see some streaking on the LCD panel when goes away after the cabin temperature normalizes. Perhaps the cabin temperature would be much more higher when I take the car out during the afternoon after parking it under the sun. Now, a bit more particular to get a place under a shade to park at work...
Old 30th May 2016, 08:29   #55

Great to hear you hassle free experience of the fiesta. Is sourcing parts already a problem given you have to wait fuel filter as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypermiler View Post
Completed the 60,000 km service at Chennai Ford. The charges came to ~Rs.4300. The service person mentioned that the fuel filter needs to be changed which may cost an additional 6000. But as they could not source it, they mentioned that they will give me a call once it is available and get it done in a couple of hours. Apart from that there were no problems noted.

But due to the hot summer at Chennai (42 degree C) and when I have to park under the sun, I see some streaking on the LCD panel when goes away after the cabin temperature normalizes. Perhaps the cabin temperature would be much more higher when I take the car out during the afternoon after parking it under the sun. Now, a bit more particular to get a place under a shade to park at work...
niteshsharmab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2016, 09:29   #56
BHPian

Why don't you try something like this before u go parking under the sun? Will definitely stop the dashboard, the switches and the screens getting bathed under the direct sunlight.

http://www.amazon.in/Speedwav-Windsh...8-5423bba813d3
Rohit_Quad is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2016, 11:00   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niteshsharmab View Post
Is sourcing parts already a problem given you have to wait fuel filter as well.
They mentioned that they will get it in a couple of days. I was not willing to wait. Not sure if the fuel filter Isa part of the standard items that gets replaced.

Chennai ford, on booking the service sent an sms with an url where you can find out the approximate work planned and the cost before you bring it fir services well.

http://bit.ly/Fordservice
Old 30th May 2016, 11:02   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohit_Quad View Post
Why don't you try something like this before u go parking under the sun? Will definitely stop the dashboard, the switches and the screens getting bathed under the direct sunlight.
Perhaps I should try it out. Is it effective.
Old 30th May 2016, 15:15   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypermiler View Post
Perhaps I should try it out. Is it effective.
I don't use it as my car is parked during the weekdays in a cellar and weekends under the shade of the many trees outside my house. But my brother uses such a thing and says it reflects/blocks all the heat coming in from the windshield.
Rohit_Quad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2017, 22:21   #60
BHPian

Sold my Fiesta @ 70k happy and enjoyable travels for a Honda City SV. Yes. It is a petrol again.

Beyond 50k, the regular service did not go beyond 5k and I had not swapped any part except for consumables in the Fiesta. Had it been still in the market, would have definitely considered it again. Only quip was the temperature issue that I mentioned in my earlier post which was not getting resolved. But for this issue, if resolved, I would have kept the car for probably 1.3 lakh kms...

The Fiesta will be the one car that I will forever cherish driving!

Last edited by hypermiler : 21st July 2017 at 22:23.