Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 10th January 2012, 00:31   #16
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: Chevy Beat: Need help, body work gone bad

No you do not need to change the panel . For repainting first he will sand away the clear coat which will leave a hazy blue color . Than he may sand away the blue also or in case not clean the surface and apply fresh coat of paint . After it dries he will apply clear coat on it again .

Let the color coat dry before you apply clear coat .
Furthur since your car is new just ask for the computerized color .For this you will have to give your car color as on documents and if possible a color code .
Trust_In_Thrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2012, 02:00   #17
BHPian

Default Re: Chevy Beat: Need help, body work gone bad

Thanks!!!

Will be taking the car to the workshop in morning, will post the final outcome.

Ravi
raviacc2825 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2012, 13:05   #18
BHPian

Thumbs up Re: Chevy Beat: 1.5 Years of ownership review, includes all the happy and sad moments

Hello Guys,

First of all, my reply to the above post, the paint job is done and one can't make out any difference between the panels now.

I have competed almost two years with the Chevy Beat, my observations as listed below:

> You drive it withing 2500 RPM and the beat will return you the mileage of 14-15 in city.
> You take it above 2500 RPM, hard breaking and a bit of rash driving the mileage will drop to 10-12.
> Very solid built quality, no rattle whatsoever.
> Service experience has been good.
> AC still works good, no need yet for servicing or re-filling the gas.

My Take:
If you are looking for a petrol hatch under 5lacs for the city driving, low ownership cost and solid built quality, i can vouch that beat will not make you regret your decision. Its one of the perfect car for the city driving.

Hardly, i have come across any issue faced by other owners of the Beat on TBHP. Looks are subjective but the quality is far ahead than other competitors. A perfect car for a bachelor who doesn't need a big boot size for the weekend trips.

Do let me if you have any questions.

Ravi
raviacc2825 is offline   Reply With Quote