Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 20th October 2011, 21:31   #136
BHPian

Default re: Diesel Power - My BMW 320D Exclusive - BMW Performance Power Kit Installed - Pg. 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Vkool
Got Vkool tints installed. 35%, not too dark. I have 14% tints on the Accord and as good as they look in the rains, driving when its dark is a real pain sometimes. Didn't want that issue with this car, so decided to go lighter. It cost 7.2k, and I have no clue why considering my Accord cost 5.5k. They just go by the pricelist which is there. Stupid if you ask me.

I think I might go with 3M for the front since I have that on my other car and I'm happy with it. I'd rather pay 6k for the 3M than 11k for the Vkool.

Oh yes, the car also looks more complete now.
Please post pics of the same,and can you please post pic of the rear legroom,with maximum and minimum possible?
acsandeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2011, 23:33   #137
BHPian

Default re: Diesel Power - My BMW 320D Exclusive - BMW Performance Power Kit Installed - Pg. 23

you got t35 or k37 ? please post some pics with the tints .
M124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2011, 03:19   #138
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Later on there was this "uncle" driving a 525d who was ripping it like no "uncle" has before That car also is about the same as the 320d speedwise. I saw that old guy driving and I was thinking to myself I wanna be like that when I'm older. lol
Given the date, location and car in context this could well have been my father :

Although he isn't greying so wouldn't be him if the uncle looked very old. Did the car have silver plates with 525 regn number? If so, he's in for a earful !!
Sahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2011, 03:32   #139
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by M124 View Post
you got t35 or k37 ? please post some pics with the tints .
Got K37. Will take a few pics in the next 2-3 days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Given the date, location and car in context this could well have been my father :

Although he isn't greying so wouldn't be him if the uncle looked very old. Did the car have silver plates with 525 regn number? If so, he's in for a earful !!
No bud, it wasn't your car. It was a different colour altogether. And that guys wife was calmly sitting next to him
Akshay1234 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2011, 03:40   #140
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
No bud, it wasn't your car. It was a different colour altogether. And that guys wife was calmly sitting next to him
That puts the dilemma to rest, my mother would be flipping out if my father drove that way. I'm glad it wasn't him, saved me some shame :P
Old 25th October 2011, 10:38   #141
Team-BHP Support

1100 KMS Update

The car crossed 1100kms yesterday, and the engine seems to be opening up very well. It now gives a solid kick when the turbo spools and you really get pushed back in 1st, 2nd and even 3rd gear. On the first tank I got 9+kmpl which is brilliant considering the driving conditions. My Punto gives about the same. The gearbox too is very nice, it upshifts quickly and you don't even notice them. Downshifts do take a second or so to happen, but not if I am driving in D/S. Its not DSG good but honestly surprisingly good for a torque converter.

Also I have been driving a bit in sports mode aka D/S and its a different car altogether. Always in the right gear, just dab your right foot at it takes off. This car keeps surprising me with its acceleration which is phenomenal for a 2 litre. Cant wait to see the results after I get it tuned.
Old 25th October 2011, 22:11   #142
Team-BHP Support

After having emailed a few of the tuning box companies. I've finalised on Steinbauer. They supply to AC Schnitzer too. Also their tuning box connects to each injector individually and monitors a host of sensors like the EGR to make sure the engine is not overstressed. It also adjusts according to engine load. It seems this is like the next generation of tuning boxes. Only thing is the price which is 500 quid and another 60 for the air filter. And the installation takes longer than a normal tuning box since its got so many connections. I hope to get it in the next few months.

Watch this space.
Old 6th November 2011, 01:23   #143
Team-BHP Support

Small Update -
So the car is at 1400kms now, the engine seems to be opening up nicely. For those interested in the mileage the first tank gave about 9.5 I think. The second tank with traffic and enthusiastic driving gave a bit less than 9. And now the third tank is giving 11+. These are all in the city, and the higher figure for the third tank is because I've been driving very calmly for the past few days, just cruising along. The suspension makes you feel bad for going over bumps too fast and with driving slow I haven't heard any complaining from the suspension.

Also the engine is pulling very well. And it pulls quite well even at idiotic speeds. Now I'm not going to mention them since if I do you all will think im suicidal doing this all the time. The runflats also seem to take away some of the cornering abilities of the car owing to them having such hard sidewalls. They feel like they are going to give up a bit earlier than you would expect, and even small bumps manage to unsettle the car a bit. You never at all feel out of control, just a bit unsettled. A tyre change to tubeless would help a lot but at current tyre prices its not happening anytime soon.

Other little things I've noticed is that to copy and write songs to a usb it needs to be connected to the usb port in the glovebox. I can't understand why they would have a second one in the armrest. Also to reach the boot release button one has to bend in front a lot from the drivers seat. Its easier to just unlock the car and let the person open the boot from the handle itself. Besides this the driving position is spot on and just brilliant.

Now that the new 3 has been unveiled some of you all might be thinking I feel like an idiot about buying this. The fact is I'm still perfectly happy because the new 3 probably wont be launched here till June. Also after driving it and finding it is significantly better we might consider a switch. But from what I've heard its pretty much the same and infact maybe duller to drive. The looks of that are different from this, not better or worse. The 8 speed gearbox will be a great addition, and so will the HUD. Those are the 2 things I would really miss from the new 3. Ah yes also the adjustable suspension if they bring it here.
Old 10th November 2011, 22:16   #144
Team-BHP Support

All owners of the 320d. The BMW Performance Pack is available for 1.35 lacs now, maybe even a bit less. There is some kind of discount going on. A friend of mine has ordered it, I might too in a few weeks. Will probably wait for him to fit it and see what an improvement it is. The claimed figures at 205bhp and 435nm. Christmas is here early
Akshay1234 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2011, 22:22   #145
BHPian

@akshay

what does the performance package include?

can you post some details?
and the performance package is all under the hood or also include aerodynamic components?
jatinpatel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2011, 22:26   #146
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatinpatel View Post
@akshay

what does the performance package include?

can you post some details?
and the performance package is all under the hood or also include aerodynamic components?
All mentioned on Page 2 of the thread. But I'll post it again-

1) New ECU which comes mapped for higher power.
2) Larger cooling fan.
3) New endcan with a more sporty sound and which apparently adds to the performance.
Old 11th November 2011, 11:43   #147
BHPian

Quote:

2) Larger cooling fan.
3) New endcan with a more sporty sound and which apparently adds to the performance.
Wow !!!
Its a NEWS
320d with 200+ bhp must be ultimate driving machine.
I eagerly await your detailed review after installation.

Congrats once again.
Raosaheb Desai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2011, 18:51   #148
BHPian

Quote:

2) Larger cooling fan.
worth every penny, go for it
Berj79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2011, 03:21   #149
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
. The claimed figures at 205bhp and 435nm. Christmas is here early
Those are good figures. Would put my E60 525d to shame.
Old 12th November 2011, 11:43   #150
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Those are good figures. Would put my E60 525d to shame.
Not to sound cocky but it would give you a run for your money even in the stock tune It will be close.