Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 12th November 2011, 12:04   #151
BHPian

Default re: Diesel Power - My BMW 320D Exclusive - BMW Performance Power Kit Installed - Pg. 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
All owners of the 320d. The BMW Performance Pack is available for 1.35 lacs now, maybe even a bit less. There is some kind of discount going on. A friend of mine has ordered it, I might too in a few weeks. Will probably wait for him to fit it and see what an improvement it is. The claimed figures at 205bhp and 435nm. Christmas is here early
The Chip itself is available for around 85K. Endcan is only available from December onwards. So, the pieces can be picked up separately.

The prices I checked are available for this year only. Some sort of year end run up. Christmas.
BeamerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2011, 23:34   #152
Team-BHP Support

Default re: Diesel Power - My BMW 320D Exclusive - BMW Performance Power Kit Installed - Pg. 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raosaheb Desai View Post
Wow !!!
Its a NEWS
320d with 200+ bhp must be ultimate driving machine.
I eagerly await your detailed review after installation.

Congrats once again.
Well that may take a while since its not even been ordered. Seems like its going to be early next year. But I'm not complaining because the car is pretty darn quick stock. But yes Ill never complain about more horses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berj79 View Post
worth every penny, go for it
Forgot to add, an upgraded air cooler (intercooler probably) to the list. So it seems pretty comprehensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeamerBoy View Post
The Chip itself is available for around 85K. Endcan is only available from December onwards. So, the pieces can be picked up separately.

The prices I checked are available for this year only. Some sort of year end run up. Christmas.
Oh crap so its not going to be there early next year at this price? Which Bimmer do you have btw, my memory isn't great.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2011, 20:03   #153
BHPian

Congrats on the 320D.
contemplated so much about the car considering the discount on offer. the X1 won over with the ground clearance and minor road presence , both of which perfectly fit my bill will all the speed and performance the 3 would have just maybe a bit less.

i noticed you where contemplating reducing the tire pressure. i have already had a sidewall cut at 4,000 k on my pirelli , after which i think twice on every pot hole and had the tyre replaced.

as for going past hundred the car pulls all the way to 195 with exactly the same eagerness it got you to a 100!
abishek2222 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2011, 20:35   #154
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by abishek2222 View Post
Congrats on the 320D.
contemplated so much about the car considering the discount on offer. the X1 won over with the ground clearance and minor road presence , both of which perfectly fit my bill will all the speed and performance the 3 would have just maybe a bit less.

i noticed you where contemplating reducing the tire pressure. i have already had a sidewall cut at 4,000 k on my pirelli , after which i think twice on every pot hole and had the tyre replaced.

as for going past hundred the car pulls all the way to 195 with exactly the same eagerness it got you to a 100!
The ground clearance and crossover make you feel like you can drive over potholes without any issues. Thats why you got the sidewall cut and also because its a pirelli which are known to be bad for Indian conditions.

I'm keeping the tire pressure at 30 and its still far from soft but acceptable.

I had been an in X1 a while ago and it felt pretty quick. The 3 has a few more horses and torques. My friend is getting the performance pack in early December, I'm quite excited to see what a difference it makes.
Old 17th November 2011, 21:00   #155
BHPian

Quote:
The ground clearance and crossover make you feel like you can drive over potholes without any issues. Thats why you got the sidewall cut and also because its a pirelli which are known to be bad for Indian conditions.
Not quite ,most likely it was an impact over a pothole at over 160 and i don't have to be scraping over speed breakers either. Too early to say if you are going to get a sidewall cut, any ways careful. BMW is replacing all 4 tires under warranty due to the car chronically pulling left.

and i forgot to add , do get the Vkool front windshield done i think its called CR75 the standard one they have for the front windshield , The light cut off from oncoming high beam traffic is a great help.

Last edited by abishek2222 : 17th November 2011 at 21:22.
abishek2222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2011, 22:26   #156
Team-BHP Support

Great thread, and a wonderful car Akshay!

The 320D in that colour is a thing of beauty. I'm a little envious now!

Quote:
All mentioned on Page 2 of the thread. But I'll post it again-

1) New ECU which comes mapped for higher power.
2) Larger cooling fan.
3) New endcan with a more sporty sound and which apparently adds to the performance.
The new Performance Package that you're throwing in, I'm told, comes with carbon-fiber splitters, a CF lip-spoiler on the boot, and some other CF bits here and there. Do all these bits come under the package that costs 1.3 lakhs? And what about the wheels?
suhaas307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2011, 22:30   #157
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by abishek2222 View Post

and i forgot to add , do get the Vkool front windshield done i think its called CR75 the standard one they have for the front windshield , The light cut off from oncoming high beam traffic is a great help.
Oh Ill get the front windscreen done for sure, by Jan end. I have other things on my mind as you can see

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Great thread, and a wonderful car Akshay!

The 320D in that colour is a thing of beauty. I'm a little envious now!

The new Performance Package that you're throwing in, I'm told, comes with carbon-fiber splitters, a CF lip-spoiler on the boot, and some other CF bits here and there. Do all these bits come under the package that costs 1.3 lakhs? And what about the wheels?
Nope thats not the performance package. Thats the M styling pack which comes with cf splitters, a cf spoiler, rims, a dirty sticker, cf mirror covers, and an m steering wheel. All are available separately though too.

The performance package has the ecu, bigger fan, new intercooler, and little knick knacks.
Old 17th November 2011, 22:39   #158
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Nope thats not the performance package. Thats the M styling pack which comes with cf splitters, a cf spoiler, rims, a dirty sticker, cf mirror covers, and an m steering wheel. All are available separately though too.

The performance package has the ecu, bigger fan, new intercooler, and little knick knacks.

So apart from the dirty sticker, the other CF bits sound interesting! The wheels are what sound the most interesting, though! I know, the CF bits may look a little tacky, especially considering that your Bimmer has been spc'ed to look more 'business'than 'sport'. The wheelsaren'ta bad idea though. Any plans on that?
suhaas307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2011, 22:41   #159
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post

So apart from the dirty sticker, the other CF bits sound interesting! The wheels are what sound the most interesting, though! I know, the CF bits may look a little tacky, especially considering that your Bimmer has been spc'ed to look more 'business'than 'sport'. The wheelsaren'ta bad idea though. Any plans on that?
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...than-rear.html (Got a new BMW 320D PE - Front tyre is wider than the rear!!)

See this, those are the rims. To be very honest with no offence to quatrroa4 I like the stock ones better.
Old 28th November 2011, 20:32   #160
BHPian

Hi, was just wondering if anyone on the forum has installed the performance package being offered by them. I'm looking to go ahead with this, but would help if I had some first hand feedback. Thanks.
andyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2011, 21:42   #161
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyb View Post
Hi, was just wondering if anyone on the forum has installed the performance package being offered by them. I'm looking to go ahead with this, but would help if I had some first hand feedback. Thanks.
A friend should have his installed in a week or so. I will be able to give you first hand experience once I have spin in it. What colour combo is your car? Just curious.
Old 29th November 2011, 11:07   #162
BHPian

That would be great. I can hold my horses until then . I believe the "discounted" price is on offer till December. Mine is an alpine white, with the oyster - black interior combination. I must say the light colored seats are a major pain to maintain, but I still love it.
andyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2011, 21:08   #163
Team-BHP Support

The car has clocked a shade over 2000kms now, and it is a total joy to drive. Expect a small update on the car in a few hours. Also a few friends had decided to drive to Aamby Valley, heres a pic of it -
Attached Images

Akshay1234 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2011, 23:36   #164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The car has clocked a shade over 2000kms now, and it is a total joy to drive. Expect a small update on the car in a few hours. Also a few friends had decided to drive to Aamby Valley, heres a pic of it -

Wow ! That is quite an impressive line-up.
Wonder who these spoilt-brats are
PlatzdaTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2011, 00:23   #165
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
Wow ! That is quite an impressive line-up.
Wonder who these spoilt-brats are
I wonder too, though that white A4 looks awfully familiar eh?

2000km Update -
My car actually crossed 2000km on this little drive to Aamby valley. The car behaved brilliantly. Unmentionable speeds on the expressway went unnoticed and the stiff ride of this car at city speeds became absolutely amazing at higher speeds. I mean we were doing autobahn kind of speeds and each and every car was totally comfortable at them. These Germans know how to make cars.

Now back to the 3. Like I mentioned earlier, the ride and stability is awesome at highway speeds, and the steering, oh the steering. It is weighted perfectly at all times, in sport mode it stiffens up a bit and inspite of it being servotronic you know exactly what is happening with the front wheels. I'm sure it does not miss out on much from the older hydraulic units. The handling too is pretty good and there is negligible body roll. The tail slid out a couple of times of course in a very controlled manner till the esp cut in and spoiled the fun.

The engine of the car is really opening up, and the refinement is getting better as it puts on more kms. And it is getting more revv happy too. The 7.6 0-100 claimed figure actually seems to be possible. It certainly outruns my Accord to 100 thanks to the better traction. Its also reasonably quick above 100, sure its no 6 cylinder but its great for a 4 cylinder.

What more is there to say about this car? The sound system too is good, though I wish there was more bass like in the 5's system. The iDrive is great to use but I'm yet to try the voice commands. The one touch programmable buttons have proved very useful.

Ah yes, the FE. After the very fast dash to Aamby and back equally quick the car has done 360kms and is a tiny notch below half tank. I think that says it all. After the 5kmpl I'm used to in the Accord this is a godsend.

Expect more updates soon. If you guys have any questions I'm more than happy to answer them.

P.S - *touch wood* no issues with the run flats yet

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 1st December 2011 at 00:24.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote