Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 3rd January 2012, 20:02   #181
Team-BHP Support

Default re: Diesel Power - My BMW 320D Exclusive - BMW Performance Power Kit Installed - Pg. 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
This is really frustrating. I went through exactly the same scenario yesterday at a Mall's parking. There was a little space in between my car and the one parked next bu not enough for another car to fit in. This guy somehow manages to squeeze in his wagonr. I lowered down my window and told him to be careful with his door. He had a really tough time to get out of his door after that without banging it into my car. But the thing is if I wouldn't have been there in the car he would have happily left a scratch/dent.

Don't understand when people will learn that some of us do value our cars preciously.
Lucky for you that you managed to stop the guy. People are just too careless when opening doors. Infact the guy seemed like a decent guy and apologised that very instant, but the cabby was acting oversmart when I asked him if he had any sense whatsoever parking so close. It was only when I started walking towards the cabbie that he shut up and apologised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berj79 View Post
**** happens, its called bombay bro, these people are so much in a hurry as if they are late for signing a multi crore deal, good you gave it to them
Well at least now the first dent is over, now the next ones won't hurt much

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Sorry to hear about the ding. The black paint can be removed almost completely by Formula 1 carnauba wax, as per my experience, which wlll make the ding almost invisible.
Yes luckily I don't think my cars paint would be affected. I intend on getting the car detailed soon, since due to bad water in my building some water salts have accumulated on the car.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2012, 20:16   #182
BHPian

Default re: Diesel Power - My BMW 320D Exclusive - BMW Performance Power Kit Installed - Pg. 23

Get those water salts off at least from the window edges asap, 2 corners of my rear window glass have become rough due to that. That depresses me every time I look at my car which is otherwise untouched by Mumbai traffic

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
The car has clocked a shade over 2000kms now, and it is a total joy to drive. Expect a small update on the car in a few hours. Also a few friends had decided to drive to Aamby Valley, heres a pic of it -
Man, that day was awesome. Performance pack for the next drive ?

Last edited by fre2bpowerless : 3rd January 2012 at 20:26.
fre2bpowerless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2012, 02:20   #183
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by fre2bpowerless View Post
Get those water salts off at least from the window edges asap, 2 corners of my rear window glass have become rough due to that. That depresses me every time I look at my car which is otherwise untouched by Mumbai traffic

Man, that day was awesome. Performance pack for the next drive ?
I'm going to get it detailed next week so that should be taken care of then. It really pisses me off too. I think I am getting another water connection for the car washer near the cars so that he can use more water and clean them properly. Man the things we do for out cars. BTW Aman I think you need to start a thread on your A4 and Z4 and list out all the little mods you have done.

Dude I hope everything goes according to plan, then it should be tuned in time for the next drive.
Old 4th January 2012, 03:20   #184
BHPian

I always wanted to start a thread but i'm too lazy, with the writing and posting pictures, etc. But one of these days, I tell you.

If everything goes well, I'll have some more little surprises for the next drive too.
Old 4th January 2012, 11:03   #185
BHPian

Quote:
No videos guys. Maybe next time we go we will take some.

You wouldn't believe it but the ML320cdi left everyone in its dust including the A4 3.0tdi and the 3.2fsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
Driver. DRIVER ANYDAY !!
Besides what is an A4 3.0 tdi/fsi anyway if the same ML was giving a cayenne turbo a run for its money on the way back ? LOL . WHAT A DAY !
Yeah you are right the 3.0 tdi is 6.2 to the ton and the 3.2 fsi is 6.4/5 but we were wayyyy past those speeds by then. All i can tell you is i was doing godforsaken speeds (like really !) & still i could see the ML pulling away from me.
Now take a wild guess what my speed was and then imagine a 2 ton elephant still pulling away.
Just taking a guess, was that speedy driving his ml?

@akshay
Lovely car there mate. The colour combination is fantastic, making me regret the fact that I didn't get a grey Innova. Would have loved to do its interior in the same colour.
ramneek009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2012, 12:23   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramneek009 View Post
Just taking a guess, was that speedy driving his ml?
I guess you are right, btw I still feel that ML was modded(AMG) coz giving Audi 3.0 tdi/cayenne turbo a run for its money is no joke.

Last edited by brraj : 4th January 2012 at 12:34.
brraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2012, 14:24   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by brraj View Post
I guess you are right, btw I still feel that ML was modded(AMG) coz giving Audi 3.0 tdi/cayenne turbo a run for its money is no joke.
Afaik, amg builds only petrol engines.

So if at all that ML320 was modded, it either had a remap or a tuning box.
ramneek009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2012, 17:07   #188
BHPian

Going fast on highways/expressway requires you to maintain a high speed, acceleration times got a little to do; And the ML320 had no trouble navigating through traffic at all.

Even akshay1234 was driving with the A4/ML pack, if I recall correctly.
Old 4th January 2012, 22:16   #189
Senior - BHPian

always a pleasure to read your threads.. good stuff.. really sorry to hear about the ding and i totally understand the feeling..
revtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2012, 02:14   #190
Team-BHP Support

BTW guys BMW has hiked the price of the Power kit to 2.16 lacs. Its a joke now, and I was ready to give them the cheque for 1.4l when they told me its been hiked. Its just sad that there was no intimation by Infiniti on the hike and an email which they sent just 3 weeks ago didn't mention anything like this either. No way I'm getting it at this price. Trying to figure something else out, will keep you guys updated.
Old 10th January 2012, 02:58   #191
BHPian

Quote:
BTW guys BMW has hiked the price of the Power kit to 2.16 lacs. Its a joke now, and I was ready to give them the cheque for 1.4l when they told me its been hiked. Its just sad that there was no intimation by Infiniti on the hike and an email which they sent just 3 weeks ago didn't mention anything like this either. No way I'm getting it at this price. Trying to figure something else out, will keep you guys updated.
1.4L to 2.16 L. That is about 50% Hike in the price. Never heard of such hikes anywhere. That is really bad on the part of BMW dealer to not inform the potential customer about the price hike.

Hope you get some other great alternative deal to upgrade the power of an already powerful Beemer. All the best.
himavanth_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2012, 03:23   #192
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
That is absurd, and completely uncalled for.

A hike by nearly 1-lakh, especially for accessories for a car that might be phased out soon is something I can't quite seem to fathom.

Looks like it's back to doing some research on other 320d compatible performance parts. There are several hugely cheaper options available, I'm of the opinion. And they would do the job just as well.

All the best Akshay!
suhaas307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2012, 04:05   #193
BHPian

You can import the BMW intercoolers, air ducts and get a tune by Hartge if you 'don't ' like your warranty.

2.16 lakhs is a Nano LX on road
fre2bpowerless is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2012, 14:20   #194
Senior - BHPian

Akshay why dont you just chip it or maybe go for a remap from the many people who are offering it in Mumbai ? Am sure it will be a lot cheaper.
If its enhanced performance you want and you are getting it at a lot lower price than what BMW demand, then why not ?
Any enhancements on the outer body can always follow step by step right ?
PlatzdaTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2012, 16:56   #195
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by himavanth_m View Post
1.4L to 2.16 L. That is about 50% Hike in the price. Never heard of such hikes anywhere. That is really bad on the part of BMW dealer to not inform the potential customer about the price hike.

Hope you get some other great alternative deal to upgrade the power of an already powerful Beemer. All the best.
Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
That is absurd, and completely uncalled for.

A hike by nearly 1-lakh, especially for accessories for a car that might be phased out soon is something I can't quite seem to fathom.

All the best Akshay!
1.4 was an introductory price, and even I knew it would be raised though not by this much. But the least Infinity could have done was inform me before it was raised. I mean to send en email with the prices and to hike them 2 weeks later without mentioning anywhere in the email is just stupid. I'm sure there are many more who would have put their plans for this on hold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fre2bpowerless View Post
You can import the BMW intercoolers, air ducts and get a tune by Hartge if you 'don't ' like your warranty.

2.16 lakhs is a Nano LX on road
Unfortunately I have to like my warranty, got the 5 year BSI. Figuring out what to do now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
Akshay why dont you just chip it or maybe go for a remap from the many people who are offering it in Mumbai ? Am sure it will be a lot cheaper.
If its enhanced performance you want and you are getting it at a lot lower price than what BMW demand, then why not ?
Any enhancements on the outer body can always follow step by step right ?
The main reason was that BMW also changed a number of parts and after driving that car I just want that. The refinement was better, and the bigger intercooler would help with the performance on hot days too. The new torque converter reduced a lot of the accelerator lag. Not planning any outer body enhancements. I'm just trying to figure out if there is some other way to get this power kit.