Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 29th January 2012, 10:32   #211
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Diesel Power - My BMW 320D Exclusive - BMW Performance Power Kit Installed - Pg. 23

"Why on earth is that guy driving a ML, if he can drive like that? I've heard a lot about him on this forum, and if he can drive the wheels of a car, the car should be something that sits closer to the ground than the ML, don't you think?"

Dam i'd like Abhi to read this man !
They still dont know who the ML driver is do they ?
Anyway the kamyo detailing is nice. Planning to try it out when its time.
PlatzdaTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2012, 20:34   #212
Team-BHP Support

Default re: Diesel Power - My BMW 320D Exclusive - BMW Performance Power Kit Installed - Pg. 23

Thank you guys for the 5 star rating, appreciate it.

There are a few other little things planned for the car in the coming months, mostly cosmetic.

Black out the chrome window trim. Want it glossy black not matte.
Get the glossy black BMW performance grills to replace the chrome ones.
Either glossy black or carbon fibre mirror covers.
Paint the wheels gunmetal.
Oh and the BMW performance powerkit.

Heres a little ps I did of what the final product should look like. Like it?
Attached Thumbnails
Diesel Power - My BMW 320D Exclusive - BMW Performance Power Kit Installed - Pg. 23-dsc_1251modded.jpg  

Akshay1234 is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2012, 21:36   #213
Senior - BHPian

Hmmm.. that is one good looking car there! Does the current 3 come with wheel well for space saver? I think the E60 (old 5) has a wheel well.
androdev is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2012, 10:11   #214
BHPian

IMHO go for carbon fibre instead of black. Are you also getting the lip spoiler?
If yes then it will nicely accompany the carbon fibre door mirrors.

And since you are going for performance kit in any case, why don't you consider changing the alloys too because as far as i think the stock alloys painted matt black are not looking great with the grey color of the car. But to each his own.
ramneek009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2012, 12:45   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Thank you guys for the 5 star rating, appreciate it.

There are a few other little things planned for the car in the coming months, mostly cosmetic.

Black out the chrome window trim. Want it glossy black not matte.
Get the glossy black BMW performance grills to replace the chrome ones.
Either glossy black or carbon fibre mirror covers.
Paint the wheels gunmetal.
Oh and the BMW performance powerkit.

Heres a little ps I did of what the final product should look like. Like it?
This combination deserves a M Aerodynamic Kit OR the Performance body kit. The standard bumpers will look tame IMO.
BeamerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2012, 13:03   #216
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
Hmmm.. that is one good looking car there! Does the current 3 come with wheel well for space saver? I think the E60 (old 5) has a wheel well.
Thanks, hopefully I will be able to complete that look soon. Yes it does have a wheel well for a space saver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramneek009 View Post
IMHO go for carbon fibre instead of black. Are you also getting the lip spoiler?
If yes then it will nicely accompany the carbon fibre door mirrors.

And since you are going for performance kit in any case, why don't you consider changing the alloys too because as far as i think the stock alloys painted matt black are not looking great with the grey color of the car. But to each his own.
Carbon fibre only on the mirrors, it will look a bit odd elsewhere. They won't be matte black, but powdercoated gunmetal, like another friend has just done to his car. Ill try and put up those pics so you get an idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeamerBoy View Post
This combination deserves a M Aerodynamic Kit OR the Performance body kit. The standard bumpers will look tame IMO.
If I get the M aero kit or the Performance styling kit the budget for the performance package is gone. But my priority is performance over styling, if you see all these listed above all small cheap jobs.

Also considering white angel eyes.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2012, 21:51   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Heres a video on a recent drive to Nasik, the road is one way. Expect a short write up soon. In the mean time the front right tyre has got 2 little surface cuts, will get it checked out soon.
That is a beautiful Bimmer.

One word of advice: Please avoid in car music when making a video. We car enthusiasts rather hear the sweet sound of the engine and rubber on tar/gravel.

Note from Team-BHP Support: Please avoid quoting a video link/clip as it inconveniences our mobile and small screen users. Thanks!

Last edited by n_aditya : 23rd February 2012 at 17:59.
SedatedDrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2012, 11:29   #218
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SedatedDrive View Post
That is a beautiful Bimmer.

One word of advice: Please avoid in car music when making a video. We car enthusiasts rather hear the sweet sound of the engine and rubber on tar/gravel.
That go pro was on for 20 mins I couldn't keep the music off for that long. If only it were a straight six Bimmer the engine would have sounded so much better.

Heres another vid of the 320D with the 2x530Ds. Let them get ahead this time

Old 10th February 2012, 11:48   #219
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, hopefully I will be able to complete that look soon. Yes it does have a wheel well for a space saver.
WHAT? You have place for the space saver? Please go and lift that lid, check and tell me if you do.

Quote:
Carbon fibre only on the mirrors, it will look a bit odd elsewhere.
The boot lip spoiler would look great. Consider that. Not a big fan of the rims, but your call.

Quote:
Also considering white angel eyes.
Update me if and when done.
FlyingSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2012, 13:38   #220
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingSpur View Post
WHAT? You have place for the space saver? Please go and lift that lid, check and tell me if you do.

The boot lip spoiler would look great. Consider that. Not a big fan of the rims, but your call.

Update me if and when done.
Oh I've never really opened that compartment I thought it was for a space saver. My bad.

Free2bpowerless got his Z4 rims painted in gunmetal, they look great. I want the same colour on mine.

As for the angel eyes, deciding between 2 -
LUX Angel Eyes Products | Lux Angel Eyes
3 Series

Both are apparently really good. Though till then why don't you tell your dealer to code the DRLs for now? Your angel eyes are really dim on the parking light setting and are substantially brighter in the DRL mode. EDIT - Ok I think since you have halogen headlights the angel eyes are different, and you can't get those any brighter. So upgrading to one of these is the only option.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 10th February 2012 at 13:43.
Old 21st February 2012, 10:27   #221
BHPian

Well I am late here.. However if you are planning to blackout window trim its not easy. Painting is the only option. Please get bmw performance grills cf ones. Their fins are thin and fitment is perfect.
taranonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2012, 11:18   #222
Team-BHP Support

The 3 got some company, man I'm gonna have a tough choice choosing now -
Attached Thumbnails
Diesel Power - My BMW 320D Exclusive - BMW Performance Power Kit Installed - Pg. 23-img2012022100070.jpg  

Diesel Power - My BMW 320D Exclusive - BMW Performance Power Kit Installed - Pg. 23-img2012022100071.jpg  

Akshay1234 is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2012, 12:23   #223
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Akshay,
Man you are one lucky guy, making choices between the 3 series and a Laura . The car looks smashing in white, i adore the Laura and the brilliant DSG.

Which variant did you go in for?
coolboy007 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2012, 13:21   #224
BHPian

Congratulations Akshay.

Which variant is this?

And yes, please put up the great report ASAP. Waiting for it.
deepfusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2012, 16:49   #225
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Congrats Akshay,
Man you are one lucky guy, making choices between the 3 series and a Laura . The car looks smashing in white, i adore the Laura and the brilliant DSG.

Which variant did you go in for?
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepfusion View Post
Congratulations Akshay.

Which variant is this?

And yes, please put up the great report ASAP. Waiting for it.
Thanks guys. Its a vRS, I thought you would recognise it.