Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 10th October 2012, 04:17   #316
BHPian

Default re: Diesel Power - My BMW 320D Exclusive - BMW Performance Power Kit Installed - Pg. 23

http://www.doobybrain.com/2012/07/01...y-spray-paint/

Akshay, check out doobybrain.com I think we are decided on the wheel color
fre2bpowerless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2012, 11:04   #317
BHPian

Default re: Diesel Power - My BMW 320D Exclusive - BMW Performance Power Kit Installed - Pg. 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
The issue is only Michelin PS3s are available. I just hope the sidewalls on those aren't too soft. Can't deal with bubbles. Anyone any opinions on PS3s?
Akshay
I have been using 17 inch PS3's for the last 12K kms or so. There have been no issues whatsoever, the grip is amazing and the difference is profound in wet conditions compared to the Primacy LC's I was using prior to the PS3's.
robimahanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2012, 16:22   #318
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinj14 View Post
Hey akshay,

I saw this video. If you are still considering the gun metal shade for your alloys you could try something like this out.

Thanks had thought of plastidip but then it won't really last long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fre2bpowerless View Post

Akshay, check out doobybrain.com I think we are decided on the wheel color
Yup its gonna be the colour you did or one shade darker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robimahanta View Post
Akshay
I have been using 17 inch PS3's for the last 12K kms or so. There have been no issues whatsoever, the grip is amazing and the difference is profound in wet conditions compared to the Primacy LC's I was using prior to the PS3's.
I have no doubts about the grip. I'm just worried about sidewall bulges on the 45 profiles. Anyway I shall know soon, getting them in a few hours.

And my 3 begins the rest of its life, with tubeless. It should ride much better. Will post my observations at night.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2012, 01:34   #319
Team-BHP Support

So I bit the bullet and put on the Michelin PS3s. And maaaaaan, the difference is big. The car felt a lot smoother right out of the shop. But once I got to slightly worse roads the car was just so much more comfortable. The suspension does not thud around now. No doubt, the suspension still does feel stiff, but its a lot more comfortable and well damped now. The steering doesn't seem to have got lighter or lost any feel. These tyres are also silent, but can't comment on the grip yet. E90 owners, this is one upgrade which is a must. It changes the character of the car totally.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2012, 01:43   #320
BHPian

BSI pack didn help you to replace the RFT ?
you are using BSI package right ???

when is the performance kit coming ?
jatinpatel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2012, 07:32   #321
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatinpatel View Post

Tyres are covered under BMW Secure and not BSI I think. If any of your tire gets damaged or punctured you get a replacement. You can get upto 4 tyres a year.
StrangeWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2012, 15:07   #322
BHPian

Quote:
So I bit the bullet and put on the Michelin PS3s. And maaaaaan, the difference is big. The car felt a lot smoother right out of the shop. But once I got to slightly worse roads the car was just so much more comfortable. The suspension does not thud around now. No doubt, the suspension still does feel stiff, but its a lot more comfortable and well damped now. The steering doesn't seem to have got lighter or lost any feel. These tyres are also silent, but can't comment on the grip yet. E90 owners, this is one upgrade which is a must. It changes the character of the car totally.
Quick question -
When you changed from RFTs to tubeless, was there any coding needed to get them going? Also, the flat tire warning systems would end up being useless right?
dreamtheater39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2012, 19:00   #323
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatinpatel View Post

BSI does not cover tires, secure does. And I didn't renew my secure. Even if I did renew secure my tires have run 8k so I would have had to pay about half price for a new tire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamtheater39 View Post
Quick question -
When you changed from RFTs to tubeless, was there any coding needed to get them going? Also, the flat tire warning systems would end up being useless right?
No coding required. Our cars have tire pressure loss warning, and not tire pressure monitoring. Hence there are no physical sensors on the wheel or tire. It uses ABS to check the number of rotations each tire takes and then warns you of a loss in pressure. So the flat tire warning will still work perfectly.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2012, 15:42   #324
BHPian

Hey Akshay!
Its hardly been about a month since when i took delivery of my 320d as well. However off late (or maybe I noticed late) the pedal makes a squeaky sound when i press it (hard or softly or suddenly), the brakes seem absolutely perfect though. The sound might have been there for ages but i mostly had loud music on so there is a good chance i did not notice.

Internet research tells me that I'm not pressing the brakes hard enough :-S. And that it might be due to prolonged braking at traffic signals or heavy traffic. Lots of forums also said just drive for a little longer and it will automatically wear off. Did you face such an issue when you got your car? Does this require a service visit or should i let it go? Most importantly will i be required to pay?

I plan to only take BSI before the first servicing which is due in April 2013.
saketa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2012, 19:40   #325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saketa View Post
Hey Akshay!
Its hardly been about a month since when i took delivery of my 320d as well. However off late (or maybe I noticed late) the pedal makes a squeaky sound when i press it (hard or softly or suddenly), the brakes seem absolutely perfect though. The sound might have been there for ages but i mostly had loud music on so there is a good chance i did not notice.

Internet research tells me that I'm not pressing the brakes hard enough :-S. And that it might be due to prolonged braking at traffic signals or heavy traffic. Lots of forums also said just drive for a little longer and it will automatically wear off. Did you face such an issue when you got your car? Does this require a service visit or should i let it go? Most importantly will i be required to pay?

I plan to only take BSI before the first servicing which is due in April 2013.
Regarding the noise from the brakes, there could be a possibility that a stone is lodged or just some grit.

Regarding BSI, the prices change either around September or March. Just that you you consider the price change as well when planning purchase of BSI in April.
BeamerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2012, 02:21   #326
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hey Akshay!
Is it from the brakes or the brake pedal itself? Because flyingspur had an issue of the brake pedal squeeking on his car.
Old 20th October 2012, 02:23   #327
BHPian

Definitely not the brakes. The brakes are doing perfect but the pedal has a tiny squeak which I wasn't sure if its actually an issue or me just nit picking
saketa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2012, 02:31   #328
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Definitely not the brakes. The brakes are doing perfect but the pedal has a tiny squeak which I wasn't sure if its actually an issue or me just nit picking
Oh then same problem as flyingspur, they'll sort it at the service centre. Nothing to worry about then. Post a review also?
Old 21st October 2012, 18:57   #329
BHPian

Yes it doesn't seem like anything troublesome. The review is finally up. Although DSLR pictures will probably be added next week in a slightly more exotic location
saketa is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2012, 19:23   #330
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Oh then same problem as flyingspur, they'll sort it at the service centre. Nothing to worry about then. Post a review also?
Nothing gets sorted man. The E90's brake pedal is genetically programmed to squeak all it's life
FlyingSpur is offline   Reply With Quote