Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 11th August 2013, 14:30   #376
BHPian

Default Re: Diesel Power - My BMW 320D Exclusive - BMW Performance Power Kit Installed - Pg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
^
Those are some cool looking photos. Very well shot... Fast shutter speed! Which Camera?
Thank you. This was shot using a friend's Sony Alpha, don't remember the exact model no. Shutter speed was 1/30.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Not sure, I think it was a Canon DSLR, don't remember the model number. Will ask him and let you know. Post processing has been done on the pics.
Although I've post-processed the pics, they are only shadows and highlights adjustments. No extra motion blur or any of that jazz added.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
IIRC this pic was taken by Arun from my car

Note the reflection on your front bumper is of my 328i
Yep. This was when we were returning from Igatpuri. This was the last time we saw him.

Cheers!
Cartman
Cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2013, 00:20   #377
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Diesel Power - My BMW 320D Exclusive - BMW Performance Power Kit Installed - Pg.

Guys here's a teaser of what has transpired over the last week -
Diesel Power - My BMW 320D Exclusive - BMW Performance Power Kit Installed - Pg. 23-photo.jpg
The tyre was removed of the rim, and the rims were painted with a Mercedes metallic black (I forget the exact shade). After going on about gunmetal for so long I don't know what made me go black, but it goes really well with the space grey, and the black grilles and roof and cf bits.
Akshay1234 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2013, 12:12   #378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Guys here's a teaser of what has transpired over the last week -

The tyre was removed of the rim, and the rims were painted with a Mercedes metallic black (I forget the exact shade). After going on about gunmetal for so long I don't know what made me go black, but it goes really well with the space grey, and the black grilles and roof and cf bits.
Looks better than I imagined !
Bluebeem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2013, 19:23   #379
Team-BHP Support

So here are the pics. Sorry for the delay. The roof being a wrap has already lost some sheen and looks a tad bit dull. Still deciding if it goes with the car well, and whether to get it painted black or what, because this wrap isn't going to last too long. Either way hope you enjoy the pics, feel free to post any suggestions or criticism.

The spacers haven't gone on yet, since they were ordered for an M5 the bolts didn't fit. So I will have to order new wheel bolts and then install them. The rear wheels really need spacers now.
Attached Thumbnails
Diesel Power - My BMW 320D Exclusive - BMW Performance Power Kit Installed - Pg. 23-dsc_1677.jpg  

Diesel Power - My BMW 320D Exclusive - BMW Performance Power Kit Installed - Pg. 23-dsc_1679.jpg  

Diesel Power - My BMW 320D Exclusive - BMW Performance Power Kit Installed - Pg. 23-dsc_1680.jpg  

Diesel Power - My BMW 320D Exclusive - BMW Performance Power Kit Installed - Pg. 23-dsc_1681.jpg  

Diesel Power - My BMW 320D Exclusive - BMW Performance Power Kit Installed - Pg. 23-dsc_1682.jpg  

Diesel Power - My BMW 320D Exclusive - BMW Performance Power Kit Installed - Pg. 23-dsc_1683.jpg  

Diesel Power - My BMW 320D Exclusive - BMW Performance Power Kit Installed - Pg. 23-dsc_1684.jpg  

Diesel Power - My BMW 320D Exclusive - BMW Performance Power Kit Installed - Pg. 23-dsc_1687.jpg  

Diesel Power - My BMW 320D Exclusive - BMW Performance Power Kit Installed - Pg. 23-dsc_1685.jpg  

Diesel Power - My BMW 320D Exclusive - BMW Performance Power Kit Installed - Pg. 23-dsc_1688.jpg  

Akshay1234 is offline   (9) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2013, 19:29   #380
BHPian

The car is looking very sporty with the painted alloys, I feel it brings the character of the car to a new level. I liked it and the roof if painted glossy black will add more feel to the overall car IMHO.
invincible7 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2013, 21:27   #381
BHPian

The alloys are looking amazing!
From where did you get them painted?

I think CF vinyl on the roof will look much better than this gloss black.

Love the diffuser though.

Last edited by StrangeWizard : 22nd August 2013 at 21:29.
StrangeWizard is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2013, 13:56   #382
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by invincible7 View Post
The car is looking very sporty with the painted alloys, I feel it brings the character of the car to a new level. I liked it and the roof if painted glossy black will add more feel to the overall car IMHO.
Thank you. Yes just deciding whether I like the black roof or if it looks too ricer. Will then take a decision on whether to paint it or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeWizard View Post
The alloys are looking amazing!
From where did you get them painted?

I think CF vinyl on the roof will look much better than this gloss black.

Love the diffuser though.
They alloys were painted at a Merc dealer, lol.

CF vinyl on the roof will definitely look too ricer, that's not the look I'm trying for.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2013, 16:35   #383
BHPian

Remove the roof vinyl, paint it glossy black and get CF vinyl on door mirrors (they scream for it). Your car doesn't need anything more.

Thank god you didn't get your alloys painted grey. Glossy black looks amazing

Last edited by ramneek009 : 24th August 2013 at 16:41. Reason: avoiding back to back posts
ramneek009 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2013, 17:41   #384
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Gosh, the 320d looks super duper HOT! Love the effect of the black wheels & roof.

Must say: Looks like she just rolled out of the showroom. You're lucky to have covered parking spots.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2013, 19:11   #385
BHPian

The car is looking absolutely fantastic!

Do get the roof painted in gloss black, it really suits the car. Also, I really liked the suggestion of the guy above. Carbon-Fibre on the mirrors would look awesome.

Just out of curiosity, why did you get the paint done at a Merc showroom? The people there must have got quite a shock when a Beemer came to them to get its wheels painted
nipcarlover is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2013, 20:40   #386
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramneek009 View Post
Remove the roof vinyl, paint it glossy black and get CF vinyl on door mirrors (they scream for it). Your car doesn't need anything more.

Thank god you didn't get your alloys painted grey. Glossy black looks amazing
The reason I don't want to make it permanent yet, is because I'm worried about how much more heat a black roof would absorb. I think I may wait till the October heat and then decide whether to make it permanent or remove it.

Had CF vinyl on the mirrors, it peeled off. The mirror cover does come out, but we couldn't get it off that time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Gosh, the 320d looks super duper HOT! Love the effect of the black wheels & roof.

Must say: Looks like she just rolled out of the showroom. You're lucky to have covered parking spots.
Thanks man.

Yeah the covered parking is a huge boon. I've also got a good carwasher, so the swirls are very few.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nipcarlover View Post
The car is looking absolutely fantastic!

Do get the roof painted in gloss black, it really suits the car. Also, I really liked the suggestion of the guy above. Carbon-Fibre on the mirrors would look awesome.

Just out of curiosity, why did you get the paint done at a Merc showroom? The people there must have got quite a shock when a Beemer came to them to get its wheels painted
Have posted above about the roof and mirrors.

Got it done at a Merc showroom, because the BMW paintshops are far away, and I didn't want any of their drivers touching my car. Also those would have been very crowded.

The Merc workshop was great, and since someone I know, knows the people there they take some other cars too. And they did a great job of it.

In fact a biker had actually hit my car, and caused 2 small dents. So was sending the car for that, and last minute decided to paint the rims too. They've done an excellent job of the denting and painting, can you guys guess which panels were repainted?
Old 25th August 2013, 21:08   #387
BHPian

was it your rear left quater panel and rear left door which was done ?

Might be wrong too cant make out properly in pics.
jatinpatel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2013, 21:46   #388
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatinpatel View Post
was it your rear left quater panel and rear left door which was done ?

Might be wrong too cant make out properly in pics.
Good observation. It was. Those 2 are freshly polished too, so the colour looks a bit deeper than the rest of the panel. Seeing it upfront its impossible to make out it was repainted, the colour match is pretty much perfect. I guess a detailing session is due to sort out the tiny difference.
Old 6th October 2013, 21:27   #389
Team-BHP Support

So to update -

The car got detailed from the outside, and not even in broad sunlight can a slight difference be made out between the parts that were recently painted, and the stock factory paint. Brilliant job I must say.

I don't know whether I had posted here, but one of the PS3s had got a screw in the sidewall, which I needed to replace. No one had stock of the tyres, and I found out from Michelin people that the PS3 was discontinued. Finally after some help from a few people, managed to find stock of one tyre in Jamshedpur which was shipped down to Bombay. And I finally got it fit on yesterday. Planning on getting the other tyre patched up and keeping it as a spare tyre in case I ever need it.

And now while getting the tyre fitted, someone managed to scrape my front CF wrapped splitters, and make a small hole in them. I saw it this morning and I was pissed. But I guess everything happens for a reason, because I knew the wrap on the splitters and spoiler wouldn't last too long. Its been 1.5 years and its lived its life. So going to get the splitters and spoiler repaired, and painted to body colour and fixed back on.

Hopefully that will look good. Also the roof wrap isn't looking great. Have decided to paint the roof glass black (apparently a shade which will make it look like a pano roof, also will look sporty). Wait, but that's not all. I think I'm done with wraps everywhere. Too much of a hassle to look after, have to keep checking for peeling, etc.

Sooo... the mirror covers are getting painted black too, as is the diffuser bit I did that CF vinyl on just a short while ago. Maybe the chrome trim around the window which was wrapped gloss black will be painted the same too.

So that's a wrap on wraps for me
Old 2nd November 2013, 17:37   #390
Team-BHP Support

3rd Oil Change Update -

The car has hardly been used over the past year. The odo is now at 12,280kms. It looks and feels just like the day I bought it, 2 years after purchase. This is what makes these Euro cars worth it, the build quality.

So an oil change was due in the month of October, or so the cars iDrive told me. This would be the third oil change, the first one being about 6 months after I got it, and the 2nd being last October when the power kit was installed.

The front brake pads have about 20k kms worth of life in them, and the rear brake pads have 12k kms left. Useful bit of info that the car gives us. The rears are significantly less since this is an RWD, and the ESP does have to kick in often to stop wheelspin.

Also asked them to tighten up the suspension, in case the craters of Bombay had managed to get anything lose.

As usual the service bill was 0, thank you BSI. This time went back to Infinity Worli, and the experience was good. Dropped the car off at 1230pm, and it was ready by 5 with all the work done.

The engine is of course more silent, the suspension does feel a wee bit tighter, and the brake pedal has again become a bit more sensitive.

All in all couldn't be having a better ownership experience with the car. Its also looking fabulous after the last round of small mods, I will put up pics of those tomorrow.

The only 2 things I can think of adding to this car to make it perfect are paddle shifts, and white angel eyes.