Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 15th November 2013, 11:30   #406
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Diesel Power - My BMW 320D Exclusive - BMW Performance Power Kit Installed - Pg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by showboat View Post
Performance kit is only there for the 520d. So that is the end of that pipe dream. Probably for the best, I just bought a Thar for work and I'm going to end up spending all my spare cash on modding that. Thanks for the help Akshay.
I didn't say its there already, I meant it will come soon. For the 530d.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2013, 17:04   #407
BHPian

Default Re: Diesel Power - My BMW 320D Exclusive - BMW Performance Power Kit Installed - Pg.

I forgot to add the line that said BMW got back to me and confirmed that only the 520d kit is there.

Ill be waiting patiently til the 530d kit comes.

Thanks.
showboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2014, 17:54   #408
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by showboat View Post
I forgot to add the line that said BMW got back to me and confirmed that only the 520d kit is there.

Ill be waiting patiently til the 530d kit comes.

Thanks.
http://bmwccn.no/assets/core/2013/03...tter-March.pdf

Take a look at this. The 530d kit has been around for a while. Just not in India. Though a friend spoke to the Mumbai dealer and they offered the kit for 2.5l or so.
Old 23rd January 2014, 18:39   #409
Team-BHP Support

Guys I have ordered the Lux V4 LED angel eye bulb replacements for this car. They will make the angel eyes white, and are apparently the best option for people like me who want to make the angel eye colour white like the newer Bimmers. Should be here sometime next month. Hmmm that reminds me I need to order the extended lug nuts so I cant fit on the 10mm spacers too.
Akshay1234 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2014, 20:51   #410
BHPian

Although I love the all white LED corona rings found on the newer Bimmers, IMO there's something about the old 'yellow/amber' ones that seem to exude a more traditional BMW aura. It is an update nonetheless and waiting to see how it looks on your 3.
Turbo_Torq is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2014, 20:54   #411
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_Torq View Post
Although I love the all white LED corona rings found on the newer Bimmers, IMO there's something about the old 'yellow/amber' ones that seem to exude a more traditional BMW aura. It is an update nonetheless and waiting to see how it looks on your 3.
What you say is true, but then after painting the roof and rims, etc (good pics of which are yet to be uploaded) the yellow DRLs look a bit odd. Hopefully it will all look good after this.
Old 1st April 2014, 21:15   #412
Team-BHP Support

Well I got the Lux V4 back with me from the US last week. They seem to be pretty good quality, which is good considering what I paid for them.

Finally got some time yesterday so I decided to try and install them myself. It was quite easy, and took about 10 minutes for each side, and left me with some scratched fingers lol.

The end result is that it looks quite nice. These LEDs allow you to adjust the colour temperature between 5200k to 12000k. I have left them at 5700k since I think it looks quite nice.

Here are some pics -

Right side installed, set to default 12000k
Diesel Power - My BMW 320D Exclusive - BMW Performance Power Kit Installed - Pg. 23-img_0825.jpg

Right side at 5700k, left side stock
Diesel Power - My BMW 320D Exclusive - BMW Performance Power Kit Installed - Pg. 23-img_0826.jpg

Left side at 5200k
Diesel Power - My BMW 320D Exclusive - BMW Performance Power Kit Installed - Pg. 23-img_0827.jpg

With the xenon on, looks very similar to OEM I would say
Diesel Power - My BMW 320D Exclusive - BMW Performance Power Kit Installed - Pg. 23-img_0828.jpg
Akshay1234 is offline   (11) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2014, 19:57   #413
Team-BHP Support

Update -

Haven't updated this thread too in a while. As of today the car has almost done 15k kms. Sacrilege, I am aware. But I couldn't use the car too much in 2013, and that seems to be changing this year. Hopefully I will manage to put on some kms this year and do some long drives.

The car has been performing flawlessly, except for 2 issues. The wheel balancing and alignment is off, which is fine considering its never been done since I bought the car. Apart from that there seems to be some brake judder when braking above 120kmph. I had a thought that this may go away with the balancing, what say guys?

Anyway the car is under BSI so I have nothing to worry about.

Besides that the car is a bit more usable now. Bombays roads have improved ever so slightly, and the number of huge potholes have come down. With the hard ride it was a pain last monsoon when the roads went down the drain (literally!).

The PS3s are holding up well, but on concrete roads the tail still slides out with more than half throttle which is great fun. The Lux angel eyes are performing well, and the car seems to get more attention now.

Other than that the build quality of BMWs is immense, not a single squeek from anywhere (other than the brake pedal lol). The car still smells new, and feels like new. There is nothing like a decently powerful RWD sedan, especially one with the handling prowess of the E90. The steering feel and accuracy of this car makes others pale in comparison. Nothing comes close to pushing this car through a corner, you know exactly what is going on and when you are coming close to the limit. Its just so predictable.

This car is certainly going to be with me for 5 years. What a gem!

I still need to take some good recent pics of the car, I really hope I can manage some soon.

Shoot if you have any questions.
Akshay1234 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2014, 23:17   #414
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
This car is certainly going to be with me for 5 years. What a gem!
Hi there

Happy to see you happy with the E90. I owned one for 4 yrs/70000 km and bro its drivers delight. The car was perfect for 3 yrs/50k km but the fourth year it let me down. Thats when I traded it for an E class, which I drive now.
Guess you are secure with the BSI package, a must have for BMWs.
Happy motoring.
Cheers

Mod Note : Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Additonally, Team-BHP strongly discourages unsafe driving practices that put yourself and other road users at risk. Please do NOT post about illegally high speeds on public roads.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Aditya : 14th November 2014 at 12:15.
E90-E250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2014, 22:11   #415
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Diesel Power - My BMW 320D Exclusive - BMW Performance Power Kit Installed - Pg. 23

Another update - The car went in for an oil change and service last week. All filters were changed including fuel filter and cabin filter. A bracket in the exhaust had come lose and was making the engine seem louder.

Now its back to its silent (as silent as a N47 engine can get) self, and very smooth.

I'm not sure why but I've noticed a big change after this service, the car just feels a lot more powerful and eager to rev. The traction control light seems to be blinking a lot more with less throttle inputs than before.

The only issue was the brake juddering which was really irritating me. The dealership kept the car for a few days, yet could not get BMWs approval to get the pads and discs (which had caught rust) under BSI.

This really irritated me, and I was wondering what the use of BSI is if they would refuse to replace brakes when they were juddering, and wanted me to wait till the brake wear indicator came on.

I wrote a mail to BMW, and spoke to the service managers and heads of the dealership. 2 weeks later i.e today I received confirmation that BMW would replace the discs and pads.

A bit irritating, but at least I didn't waste too much time trying to get it done under BSI.

The car will go next week and have this work completed.

Whats next on this car you ask? Paddle shifts, though I don't know when.
Old 2nd January 2015, 11:01   #416
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Diesel Power - My BMW 320D Exclusive - BMW Performance Power Kit Installed - Pg. 23

Update -

The brake discs and pads were changed on the car. After a little escalation BMW approved the change. I have to say I'm very happy with BMWs customer service, inspite of a few issues they have been handled very well.

The car feels great with the brakes back to full power now. None of that irritating judder at speeds, the brakes are just about getting run in and the bite that I was missing for so long is now back.

In the cool winter air, the car is definitely putting out more power, its very noticeable. The last couple of days I've been driving the 3, and with the revv happy engine and the exhaust snarl I've been having way too much fun.

Besides all that, I managed something neat with the car. I managed to code in a digital speedometer, and for the mirrors to close upon locking the car, and also for the ac to remember the recirculation settings. These 3 little things have just added to the enjoyment, and are very easy to do.

Will put up a small guide on how to do this coding, and what all can be done.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2015, 01:17   #417
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
3 little things have just added to the enjoyment, and are very easy to do.

Will put up a small guide on how to do this coding, and what all can be done.

Hey Akshay, eagerly waiting for your coding guide. Thanks alot
araje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2015, 12:47   #418
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by araje View Post
Hey Akshay, eagerly waiting for your coding guide. Thanks alot
Buddy unfortunately what I am using to code will not support F series cars till mid 2015.
Old 2nd February 2015, 17:40   #419
Team-BHP Support

2 recent pictures from a DDT Drive. The handling and the way this thing changes direction is just something else. Always manages to impress me, no matter what. The car is now at 17,2xx kms and feels brand new. Surprising that this car will turn 4 this October.
Attached Thumbnails
Diesel Power - My BMW 320D Exclusive - BMW Performance Power Kit Installed - Pg. 23-fullsizerender.jpg  

Diesel Power - My BMW 320D Exclusive - BMW Performance Power Kit Installed - Pg. 23-fullsizerender2.jpg  

Akshay1234 is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2015, 19:45   #420
BHPian

Sweet ride Akshay.
I love the alloys on your car. The E90 is an amazing car, and one of the last pure "Ultimate Driving Machines" from BMW. The car goes like a go kart, and does what a BMW is supposed to do best.

I hope you have many more years of hassle and trouble free service from this amazing machine.
prakhar1998 is offline   Reply With Quote