Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread

Old 14th December 2011, 11:42   #91
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Look ma I got my Vento Highline TDi - Black

3500! You've been driving a good deal

The door sills look nice - but they need wiring done to the dome light's wiring - will have to be really careful out there!
Old 14th December 2011, 14:25   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
* I am planning to get the door sills as it gets quite dirty soon. Just saw this on eBay. Not sure if it is worth it. Any suggestions? Has anyone of you gone for door sills?

Car Door Sill Scuff Plate for VW Vento With Blue LED | eBay
First scratch is always painful but a often a good polish removes it , hope its that kind . I have my doubts on getting door sill scuff plates since the place which gets dirty the most is not covered - even if I ignore it for a moment somehow blue LED lighting amidst beige interiors and yellow lights seem a bit odd combination , don't you think so ? [ Disclaimer - Aesthetics is not my strong point, in my personal life I have outsourced all decisions related to it to my wife ]
Old 14th December 2011, 14:29   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
First scratch is always painful but a often a good polish removes it , hope its that kind . I have my doubts on getting door sill scuff plates since the place which gets dirty the most is not covered - even if I ignore it for a moment somehow blue LED lighting amidst beige interiors and yellow lights seem a bit odd combination , don't you think so ? [ Disclaimer - Aesthetics is not my strong point, in my personal life I have outsourced all decisions related to it to my wife ]
I need to try with a scratch remover sometime.

And yes now come to think of it, Blue LED with yellow lights and beige combination and a black car sounds atrocious! Add to it the 'I will void your warranty' VW as ninja mentioned.

Regarding outsourcing the part to the better half I also do the same, but before that I need to qualify whether it can even go to her for approval :lol
Old 2nd January 2012, 14:27   #94
BHPian

Happy New Year everyone.

My new year started on a different note when the glow plug started flashing all of a sudden. Took it to the service centre and they said that rat his bitten the wires :( And worst part is its not covered under warranty or insurance. Dreading the cost for replacement. Need to check how much the rat has bitten off. Apart from the glow plug flashing car behaved normally and I did not face any issues as such. Fingers crossed.

The SA said that its a common thing and he recommended spraying some rat poison on the ground where the car is parked, and also for a wired mesh from 3M costing around 3K for preventing the rats from entering inside. For the area below the bonnet we need to use some spray or rat biscuits and pray nothing happens!

Will keep this thread updated on the cost and how the service was.
Old 2nd January 2012, 19:04   #95
BHPian

Happy ending. It had bit off only the glow plug sensor wire. Got it replaced for 400 Rs. Also did the general checkup, and topped up a little of engine oil, coolant, and the wiper wash liquid. Turned down the offer for washing the car and also the engine bay as I was in a hurry. Got the auto lock at 15 kmph activated as well. Total bill with taxes was 800 Rs. Had got the scare of my life when i heard that the total electrical wiring sets back one by 80000 Rs.

The service experience was good and they were very prompt considering the fact i walked in and did not have an appointment. Will go sme other day exclusively for washing.

For time being, have kept some rat biscuits below the car. Need to think about the rat mesh. Let me check the thread on rats
prabhuferrari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2012, 19:14   #96
BHPian

Thankfully the damage was not much otherwise you would have wanted to kill that rat personally.

I have visited the Service Center a couple of times without appointments and these guys here also attended me well. I guess VW is trying to establish a positive customer experience.
Old 2nd January 2012, 19:42   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
For time being, have kept some rat biscuits below the car. Need to think about the rat mesh. Let me check the thread on rats
Damn ! You have started bribing the rats too Rats chewing through the wires is a nightmare that I dread , Mumbai is full of the sumo sized variety of rats those which I often mistake for cats !

Till now my plain jane silver streak has been spared , guess they also find the black Vento irresistible - guess the rat is yet to meet the blue ones ( does Nilesh stay nearby ? )

Last edited by souravc : 2nd January 2012 at 19:43.
Old 2nd January 2012, 19:47   #98
Senior - BHPian

Glad that it turned out to be just the sensor wire. I suspect the entire electrical wiring can go for a toss unless you have a major short circuit/fire or something.

Did you pay anything to get the auto lock activated? Guess what - I just called the VW service center in chennai this morning to book an appointment for check-up and the earliest that I could get is for 18th of Jan. Nothing before that, may be also due to the volume of cars that come here for service and there are only 2 service centers for entire chennai.

Quote:
Happy ending. It had bit off only the glow plug sensor wire. Got it replaced for 400 Rs. Also did the general checkup, and topped up a little of engine oil, coolant, and the wiper wash liquid. Turned down the offer for washing the car and also the engine bay as I was in a hurry. Got the auto lock at 15 kmph activated as well. Total bill with taxes was 800 Rs. Had got the scare of my life when i heard that the total electrical wiring sets back one by 80000 Rs.
Old 2nd January 2012, 21:53   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Happy New Year everyone.

My new year started on a different note when the glow plug started flashing all of a sudden. Took it to the service centre and they said that rat his bitten the wires :( And worst part is its not covered under warranty or insurance. Dreading the cost for replacement. Need to check how much the rat has bitten off. Apart from the glow plug flashing car behaved normally and I did not face any issues as such. Fingers crossed.
And a very Happy New Year to you too. Rats biting off wires is something I have heard for the first time. As if there were not enough problems to deal with in a car now one has to be afraid of rats. Guess I gotta make friends with some of the cats in my neighborhood again to take care of this menace . Thankfully you got off with minor damage this time. Imagine buying perfume and rat poison for the car at the same time from the friendly car accessory shop.
Old 3rd January 2012, 12:26   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post

I have visited the Service Center a couple of times without appointments and these guys here also attended me well. I guess VW is trying to establish a positive customer experience.
Yes, I feel the experience is getting a bit better.

Quote:
Till now my plain jane silver streak has been spared , guess they also find the black Vento irresistible - guess the rat is yet to meet the blue ones ( does Nilesh stay nearby ? )
Nilesh is going to come to Mumbai soon to meet you. he he. I changed the parking position a bit and the rat had taken away one biscuit in the morning. Seriously considering the mesh now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
Glad that it turned out to be just the sensor wire. I suspect the entire electrical wiring can go for a toss unless you have a major short circuit/fire or something.

Did you pay anything to get the auto lock activated? Guess what - I just called the VW service center in chennai this morning to book an appointment for check-up and the earliest that I could get is for 18th of Jan. Nothing before that, may be also due to the volume of cars that come here for service and there are only 2 service centers for entire chennai.
No Bala. I didn't have to pay anything for the auto lock. Nowadays I see lots of Vento's and Polo's in Bangalore roads and the service centre I visited is in the heart of the city. So its very difficult to get an appointment there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by samarjitdhar View Post
And a very Happy New Year to you too. Rats biting off wires is something I have heard for the first time. As if there were not enough problems to deal with in a car now one has to be afraid of rats. Guess I gotta make friends with some of the cats in my neighborhood again to take care of this menace . Thankfully you got off with minor damage this time. Imagine buying perfume and rat poison for the car at the same time from the friendly car accessory shop.
There is thread in Team-BHP for rats and cars. Check it out. Meanwhile, I enquired with the SA about the fuel filter and he said they are replacing it free for cars with certain chassis series. Have asked him to check mine sometime later.

And after the topup of oil etc, car has become even more smoother in my opinion. Its inching closer to 4K mark, so not sure if its the kms making the car smooth or the topup. I am not complaining!
Old 3rd January 2012, 15:52   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Damn ! You have started bribing the rats too Rats chewing through the wires is a nightmare that I dread , Mumbai is full of the sumo sized variety of rats those which I often mistake for cats !
Oh, I too have had nightmares with rats. They had chewn up my old car at a hundred places and I faced electrical problems for the last one whole year of owning that car. Had to get the wiring replaced before I could bring it to Bangalore.

Quote:
Arey, @sourav, narpaati mat lagaa (if you know what i mean!) It's better that the neighborhood rat hasn't tasted the fresh wires in my Vento! Thankfully my Mumbai visits are safe from rats now after a comprehensive treatment done in the residential society.

Quote:
Nilesh is going to come to Mumbai soon to meet you. he he.
I am back in Bangalore! Let's plan a Hesarghetta outing.
Old 4th January 2012, 09:36   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
Thankfully my Mumbai visits are safe from rats now after a comprehensive treatment done in the residential society.

I am back in Bangalore! Let's plan a Hesarghetta outing.
Whats that comprehensive treatment?

Lets tentatively plan for saturday evening or sunday early morning?
Old 8th January 2012, 21:06   #103
BHPian

An eventful weekend. Had to miss the friday night meet with Nilesh unfortunately. And by saturday morning I inadvertently ended activating child lock with the rear door open only to realize that I cannot shut the door close. Finally managed it. Will post in quirks thread on details.

Today was a glorious day in bangalore. Cloudless blue sky made way for a perfect sunset and full moon sighting. Decided to go to Hesarghatta alone as Nilesh was busy with his car detailing. Nilesh, lets go again.

Here are the photographs from Hesarghatta. Let the photos speak for themselves. Hope its allowed to upload 20 photos within a post!

Look ma I got my Vento Highline TDi - Black-hesarghatta-013.jpg
Look ma I got my Vento Highline TDi - Black-hesarghatta-018.jpg
Look ma I got my Vento Highline TDi - Black-hesarghatta-032.jpg
Look ma I got my Vento Highline TDi - Black-hesarghatta-033.jpg
Look ma I got my Vento Highline TDi - Black-hesarghatta-035.jpg
Look ma I got my Vento Highline TDi - Black-hesarghatta-057.jpg
Look ma I got my Vento Highline TDi - Black-hesarghatta-062.jpg
Look ma I got my Vento Highline TDi - Black-hesarghatta-067.jpg
Look ma I got my Vento Highline TDi - Black-hesarghatta-070.jpg
Look ma I got my Vento Highline TDi - Black-hesarghatta-072.jpg
Look ma I got my Vento Highline TDi - Black-hesarghatta-075.jpg
Look ma I got my Vento Highline TDi - Black-hesarghatta-080.jpg
Look ma I got my Vento Highline TDi - Black-hesarghatta-087.jpg
Look ma I got my Vento Highline TDi - Black-hesarghatta-100.jpg
Look ma I got my Vento Highline TDi - Black-hesarghatta-130.jpg
Look ma I got my Vento Highline TDi - Black-hesarghatta-132.jpg
Look ma I got my Vento Highline TDi - Black-hesarghatta-136.jpg
Look ma I got my Vento Highline TDi - Black-hesarghatta-157.jpg
Look ma I got my Vento Highline TDi - Black-hesarghatta-109.jpg
Look ma I got my Vento Highline TDi - Black-hesarghatta-119.jpg
prabhuferrari is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2012, 21:11   #104
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Here are the photographs from Hesarghatta. Let the photos speak for themselves. Hope its allowed to upload 20 photos within a post!
Excellent photos Prabhu. Even the folks who were travelling from/to Kuala Lumpur (from the Air Asia above) might have got a view of the black Vento
Old 8th January 2012, 23:08   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Today was a glorious day in bangalore. Cloudless blue sky made way for a perfect sunset and full moon sighting. Decided to go to Hesarghatta alone as Nilesh was busy with his car detailing. Nilesh, lets go again.
Here are the photographs from Hesarghatta. Let the photos speak for themselves.
Superb photos! Wonderful location! Especially like the one with the tree and the black beauty. Looks straight out of an African safari photo album!

Yes, let's go again. This is a great place for photography!

The detailing session took up half the day and had some work after that. Will post about it.

Last edited by nileshch : 8th January 2012 at 23:14.
Closed Thread