Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2011, 13:43   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Brio 'Ed For the First time!

A sensible choice! Congrats on your new car.

The Brio looks cute in white. Can we have some high quality snaps?
Old 16th October 2011, 13:44   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations S350L-E240!! Were you trying to get into Limca book of records, etc?! I thought it was a test drive report!

It is very good to know such on-the-spur moments are still possible in life - such decisions always turn out to be great. The really well thought out, well researched, perfectly timed things hardly give real joy. Purchases, vacations, outings, long drivers - whatever I can think of from my past - the ones done spontaneously were truly special. Conversely, my current car purchase is so un-special :-)

Enjoy the "with-the-elements-experience-on-the-road" experience. Not sure in your city, but in Bangalore, driving a small car is more J.O.Y than a 530D for sure!
Old 16th October 2011, 16:14   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

That's a whole lot of praise for Brio from the owner for BIG brands! Shows how well Honda makes their cars. No wonder they used to command a premium and was willing to correct it for the benfits of a lot of customers. Hope they get the delivery mode right without much delays.

By any chance would you know whats the mileage that you are getting right now?

Congrats and wishing you miles of happy & safe motoring.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2011, 16:19   #19
Senior - BHPian

Thanks a lot everyone do find my comments in bold,

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtdvl View Post
Thanks, but honestly will let the ladies answer that question in a few days time!

Btw Is the boot space good enough for some serious shopping?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post

Thanks a lot, and yes it was a huge worry to buy a car without a TD but then didn't matter as I just wanted a small car, but yes the mirror adjustments was a shock, only the V variant has the electric adjustments others are like this :(

This over EON? The difference in price viz the extras (better quality, keyless entry, thicker tyres, etc.) felt a lot better in the long run but then I have not driven the EON and I assume thats another wonderful city car?

Wow, congratulations, this has got to be the fastest purchase. No visiting showroom, no TD, nothing.

Arent there any variants that offer setting OVRM from inside with as stated those toothpicks? and second one, what made you choose Brio over Eon?
Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post

Thanks, honestly at the back if they extended the glass all the way down to the line of the tail lights would have made a huge difference.

Congratulations !!
I never liked the Brio's rear but white shade makes it a bit subtle,

Good choice !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpiyengar View Post

Thanks for your wishes, Yes Harshal and few others assumed it will have a wait time but I guess Har friend zaroori hai yaar?

BTW, you mentioned about the waiting period of 2-3 months, but they delivered the car immediately to you. So how did you manage it? Is the car actually available off the shelf ?

Cheers
MKPI
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsCry View Post

Trust me we were 5 adults, and 2 of the blokes are big adults, and none felt out of place, I will also update on this once we take a longer drive if ever?

It is really great to see a person whose smallest car is a Jetta being all praise for Brio. I had only one concern - comfort for 5 people. You said that it was very comfy for 5 people whole evening. That makes Brio a complete car. I am very happy to see a winner at Honda's hands.
Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post

Thanks a lot, Ride and engine response is wonderful, not have a single complaint, and yes I agree rear would be better with a better design. More pictures are on the way soon by Harshal and Rohan

How is the ride quality and engine response?If only Honda did something about the rear!Anywho, some more pictures please.

Have a great ride!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post

Thanks a lot mate, Congrats on the Brio. .
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigron View Post

Thanks, and all I miss is a defogger and mirror adjustments mainly. Even if not defogger then just the mirror adjustments would be enough.

Congratulations . That was a quick initial report for a car that has been just launched. And by the looks off it , you ve made a great choice. Some more pictures please. Also any creature comforts you found missing/ included via a vis other cars in the same ball park ? Ride Safe
Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post

Thanks, and while the ride for me is still a little nervous, Harshal shall update this with a much better report in a short while.

Congratulations! A lovely car with a sweet engine indeed.

It was great reading about trails and tribulations of the purchase decision from the point of a "big" car owner. And wasnt the ride somewhat liberating?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
Thanks a lot for the compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post
SLK, Thanks a lot, agreed unless the shopper was looking for elephants lol,
Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post

Thanks a lot, Yes lol saw the match, not exactly as satisfied with it as I am with the car! What team do you cheer for?

Congratulations S350L-E240. I guess that was the quickest purchase penned down in Team-BHP so far. The Brio looks neat in white!

And did you manage to watch the Liverpool – Man U match afterwards?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post

Thanks, a lot, better pictures will be up soon.

A sensible choice! Congrats on your new car.

The Brio looks cute in white. Can we have some high quality snaps?
Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post

Thanks and believe me most of my good moments have been those on a sudden decision, most planned ones never even work out! Looking forward to your new report soon!
Regards,
Old 16th October 2011, 16:56   #20
Team-BHP Support

The Brio is arguably the perfect city-car! The 1.2 iVtec is a gem of an engine, and coupled with a tweaked 'box and a light steering wheel, the Brio is the best city-runabout money can buy. It's a really well packaged car that seems to be small from the outside, but is very spacious on the inside. the mileage too, should be quite phenomenal. Maruti? What Maruti?

I'm seriously considering replacing my ageing Santro with the Brio.

However, I'd highly recommend you do something about the tyres. The Brio is seriously under-tyred and 195 sections on 15" wheels should help improve the stance of the car.

Congratulations on your latest acquisition!

Take care, drive safe and always buckle-up!
Old 16th October 2011, 17:07   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by S350L-E240 View Post
Thanks a lot, Yes lol saw the match, not exactly as satisfied with it as I am with the car! What team do you cheer for?
Does the variant you got come with Airbags and ABS?

OT: Even I was not very satisfied with the result. I support Liverpool
Old 16th October 2011, 17:19   #22
Senior - BHPian

Hello,
After driving the brio around for quite a few kms i can say this is the best VFM hatch in india currently. The car feels new completely. Most point regarding space and driving comfort have already been covered. With 5 adults on board also this car was pulling well. Thanks to the 1.2 Engine from Honda. Its an amazingly refined engine in that segment.

I took some day time pics today. The main highlight in this pic i would like to make is, The OEM Audio system. It doesnt come with a CD player BUT the audio quality is superb. The USB quickly recognized the ipod and we were able to browse the entire ipod using the controls on the audio system itself. unlike some cars e.g. Punto

Other thing i would like to point out here is the steering wheel. It has proper 10-2 holding positions and feels solid to hold. Since the car is still in its run in period we were trying to keep our foot light. But hoping to take this baby out on a longer spin some day soon.

The AC needs a special mention here. Its CHILLER. even with so much glass all around and super ahmedabad heat, it chilled the cabin in no time and that too with fan speed set at only 2.

Enjoy the pics guys.

Steering wheel
Honda Brio 'Ed For the First time!-102-steering-wheel.jpg

Nice looking front approaching towards you.

Honda Brio 'Ed For the First time!-front.jpg

Honda Brio 'Ed For the First time!-front1.jpg

Honda Brio 'Ed For the First time!-front2.jpg

Honda Brio 'Ed For the First time!-front3.jpg

Honda Brio 'Ed For the First time!-front4.jpg

Honda Brio 'Ed For the First time!-rear.jpg

Honda Brio 'Ed For the First time!-rear1.jpg

Honda Brio 'Ed For the First time!-side-profile.jpg

You can see how each mode from ipod can be accessed through the system.

Honda Brio 'Ed For the First time!-brio-downsized.jpg

Honda Brio 'Ed For the First time!-eco.jpg

Honda Brio 'Ed For the First time!-name.jpg

Hope you all liked the pics.

Thanks.

Last edited by h@r$h@l : 16th October 2011 at 17:28.
h@r$h@l is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 16th October 2011, 18:08   #23
Senior - BHPian

Thanks a lot for those wonderful pictures, and since everyone thinks its nice to know a perspective of buying a small car from someone who drives a big car daily well here are few more semi embarrassing thoughts I am sharing,

1. When I first got the car a part of me wanted to just return it back, It is too small

2. While driving this was the first time my wife called and I asked her to hang up as it took me a while to get used to a manual car after ages,

3. While driving on an overbridge I seriously thought the car will just fly off, please do not mis understand the car is very stable its just me being nervous and was a lot better with someone else driving it.

4. Was surprised to see no mirror adjustments of any kind and the fact that there are no matts supplied. I assumed atleast basic plastic matts would be there?

5. Quite loving the AC, the blow is good enough to be kept at 2/3 and still the rear seat could feel the air and it was tested when the outside temperature was about 38C.

6. Music System is lovely for this price, but wish the USB cable was integrated, the way it was protruding out I almost was about to pull it off assuming it was some PDI tool left over by mistake.

7. I get more attention in this over the BMW 530d or the S-Class ever had got. 3 people asked my watchman to ask me how I got this car? What do I answer? It fell from a magic tree?

8. The first time I got a car without a test drive and not knowing its engine figures I still do not know it's 0-100 time, and I guess I don't care either.

9. Steering is the best kinds I have held in this price range and so is the instrument cluster.

And lastly HONDA could have kept the price higher by let's say about 500 rupees I'm sure that could take care of the mirror adjustment sticks in plastic?

Other replies in bold below,

Regards,

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Sorry missed your post earlier, honestly speaking it shows 11.2 as of now but when we got it was showing 5.8 so lets wait and let it settle in and will update it in that time? And thanks a lot for the wishes, yes it truly is a different world to see cars behind you are as close as the rear seat passengers in the other car, lol

By any chance would you know whats the mileage that you are getting right now? Congrats and wishing you miles of happy & safe motoring.
Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post

suhaas307,

Yes the engine is a wonder, you wont regret getting it at least thats the feeling I get from my limited understanding of small cars, I assume this car will not really be driven much after the initial excitement, so unless really needed I think I will keep the stock tyres, unless I start loving it to the point where I want to start customizing it.

Thanks again for your wishes,

I'm seriously considering replacing my ageing Santro with the Brio.

However, I'd highly recommend you do something about the tyres. The Brio is seriously under-tyred and 195 sections on 15" wheels should help improve the stance of the car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post

vb-san,

No the S-MT does not come with the ABS / Airbags for that you need the V or the S-MT (O). And so in football we are rivals? Will PM you later about it, but loved the goal Gerrard scored a good comeback!

Does the variant you got come with Airbags and ABS?

OT: Even I was not very satisfied with the result. I support Liverpool

Last edited by S350L-E240 : 16th October 2011 at 18:28.
S350L-E240 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th October 2011, 22:45   #24
BHPian

Congrats for the new car in your stable, and your ownership report from now on will be based on how often you drive it or the less you use it.

And that ownership report will end up saying which car is easy to use in the city of all the other cars you own.
Old 17th October 2011, 00:06   #25
BHPian

Congrats on your buy and it looks lovely in white. Nice and crisp review.

Quote:

7. I get more attention in this over the BMW 530d or the S-Class ever had got. 3 people asked my watchman to ask me how I got this car? What do I answer? It fell from a magic tree?

Regards,
Well this must be surprising to you (It is also for me). But since it is a new vehicle, there will be a lot more eyeballs on it than the your German siblings.
Additionally the all glass rear will cause more curiousness among the people walking near your lovely vehicle
Old 17th October 2011, 00:25   #26
BHPian

congrats for your new purchase. Must be a big step shifting from, BMW s, Jettas to brio.
Can you post some more pics of the interiors?
Old 17th October 2011, 00:53   #27
BHPian

Hi,

It's refreshing to see such fast decision making abilities, to say the very least!
And it is even more refreshing to see the Brio! IMO, it looks amazingly cute, especially the rear.
Congratulations on the buy, and wish you many happy small lane miles and beyond!

I do have a couple of questions:

1. What are the levels of noise (engine and traffic) that seep into the car?
2. How's the OEM audio system?
3. How's the ride?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers and drive safe.
Sam
Old 17th October 2011, 08:04   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
1. When I first got the car a part of me wanted to just return it back, It is too small

2. While driving this was the first time my wife called and I asked her to hang up as it took me a while to get used to a manual car after ages,

3. While driving on an overbridge I seriously thought the car will just fly off, please do not mis understand the car is very stable its just me being nervous and was a lot better with someone else driving it.

4. Was surprised to see no mirror adjustments of any kind and the fact that there are no matts supplied. I assumed atleast basic plastic matts would be there?

6. Music System is lovely for this price, but wish the USB cable was integrated, the way it was protruding out I almost was about to pull it off assuming it was some PDI tool left over by mistake.

Definitely one of the most enjoyable ownership threads I have read recently. Congrats on the Brio! Probably the fastest car purchase ever(?)!

Thanks to harshal too for sharing the wonderful pics. How about one with all of your rides together? Would be nice to see the Brio sharing space with the big daddys.
Old 17th October 2011, 09:54   #29
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the new car, and the first in Tbhp. I always liked what Honda made right from the Unicorn
Old 17th October 2011, 10:58   #30
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the new baby and the quick review as well. I personally love the back of the car , in my opinion the all glass back adds to the character of this car.

I have been hearing rave reviews about the engine all around and i am not surprised , 88-90 horses on a car that small is set to be a thriller of sorts!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks