Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 31st December 2011, 01:21   #136
BHPian

Default Re: Force One: Test Drive & Review

Saw the add of Force today, what a lame attempt it is..the add looks as if its a cheap vehicle. If they had Bachan in their hand they could have made some real raw adds which could showcase the beast within.
quakerme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2012, 09:53   #137
Zed
BHPian

Hopefully good sense will prevail and FML will pull back its current TV adverts for the Force one. Apart from the comments from the previous threads about children, bad driving etc the tag line is truly inexcusable... " India mein sirf force chalta hai". This is certainly not the message a responsible organization should be using to promote its new SUV. Unless the target audience comprises of rich goons that use their large vehicles to intimidate fellow road users.
Zed is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2012, 15:49   #138
BHPian

Took a test drive of ForceOne about couple of weeks ago (on Hosur Road). Overall it felt like a value for money. Key takeaways:

> Exclusive show room for Force One. Staff was courteous.

> Build quality seems solid (the display chassis, engine and power train in the showroom looks very impressive)

> Looks: exteriors look old; interiors look boring.

> Ride & Handling is very good. The SA took me to a really bad stretch bumpy road, the SUV handled it really well.

> Gears were not smooth at all - SA told that there is a cable problem and they are getting it fixed (ODO read less than 500km).

> In my opinion, it's a good highway or offroad vehicle. Not sure about city drive (looks and feels too bulky). Not easy to make U-turns. Just to be fair, I'm not used to driving big vehicles, may be it's my fault too.

> Waiting period quoted was 2 to 3 months. I'm not sure if they have already delivered any. I didn't see any mention in Dec 2011 car sales report.

> I took XUV test drive right after Force One, and XUV felt like a car!
smopuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2012, 20:02   #139
BHPian

Give me a break! How can someone think of such an advertisement idea
I really don't have words, what to say!

ambujlal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2012, 12:33   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambujlal View Post

If the design and engineering team managed to put a decent vehicle on the stable, Im sure the marketing team will ensure it is NOT sold. High time some brains are put to work, because with BigB , if this is all they can think of, they dont deserve to sell.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 19th January 2012 at 05:42. Reason: Video embed removed from post quote for benefit of mobile users.
mannubhai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2012, 08:57   #141

Saw the Force One 4x4 presented in one of the channels. It mentions ABS + EBD at 11.25 Lakhs (Should be ex-showroom).

Read a write up at Force One 4x4 - Launched at Auto Expo 2012 with more details
BIJACS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2012, 14:27   #142
BHPian

Hi guys,
Just could'nt resist posting this, and I'm seriuosly hoping I'm not off Topic here. Just check out the link below.
Guangdong FODAY Automobile Co.,Ltd

This is supposed to be the original manufacturer of "Metal Mould , Accessory and completed Car" of Force One.Check out the english too. It made my day.
So if force motors is just getting the accessories and plonking a Merc derived engine, why the high cost?

I had taken a Test Drive of Force One on November and fairly impressed with it's handling, comfort and driveablity. It might be just me, but given a choice, I would prefer it over scorpio or safari on these departments alone. Brakes were a big let down for high speeds and ABS was sorely lacking.
So all in all, my conclusion is that Chinese manufacturers can make better cars than speak better english, and yes, Force One is overpriced. Just wondering though, if we could also buy these components and make a car, like a Do It Yourself Kit.
Neil Roy is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2012, 21:45   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Roy View Post
Hi guys,
Just could'nt resist posting this, and I'm seriuosly hoping I'm not off Topic here. Just check out the link below.
Guangdong FODAY Automobile Co.,Ltd

This is supposed to be the original manufacturer of "Metal Mould , Accessory and completed Car" of Force One.Check out the english too. It made my day.
Sure, it was all discussed before and the Force one is based on a Chinese car called the Explorer.

And for the English, the page is translated directly from Chinese it seems and hence the small grammatical errors.
DeKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2012, 13:49   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambujlal View Post
Saw this Ad today.

In fact if you watch carefully, this ad is technically wrong as the Force One should have made him finish his job quicker .

That is why the term "Pissed off" after seeing such a big vehicle can be aptly used.

Last edited by GTO : 20th February 2012 at 13:44. Reason: Removing video from the quoted post
carwatcher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2012, 11:38   #145
Team-BHP Support

Stopped at the Force Showroom beside Lotus Hospital, lakdi ka pul.

NO ONE SPOKE TO ME for the roughly 10 minutes I was inside the showroom.

That is all there is about the customer service at the beginning. Not a good sign.

About the vehicles. Its HUGE.

The seats are comfortable.

I would NOT buy this for two very simple reasons.
1. The mirror adjustment switch is in the center console.
2. The door locking mechanism has those buttons that stand like a pillar on the door.

If these 2 very basic are messed up, (according to me) in a One Million+ vehicle. I don't want it.

However, I would love to buy the chassis and engine that was displayed in the showroom.
bblost is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2012, 15:41   #146
Distinguished - BHPian

I had gone for a trip to Malappuram, Kerala a couple of days back and strangely, found 2 brand new Force Ones. One was in Thrissur - a blue one & a white one in Perinthalmanna.

The road presence is good, I loved the shades as well, but the white car had a loose connection for the brake light!! Now considering the car was less than 2 weeks old [In Kerala, we could use temp registration for 2 weeks with NO number plates], this is atrocious for a 1 million car!! Bad way to start I should say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Stopped at the Force Showroom beside Lotus Hospital, lakdi ka pul.
Looks like those two features doused your desire to do a TD as well! But we would have loved a report; at least a short one!
swiftnfurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2012, 15:45   #147
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post

Looks like those two features doused your desire to do a TD as well! But we would have loved a report; at least a short one!
1. Did not have any time.
2. No one asked me, why I came to a showroom that sells just one model.

I was on my Enfield. Was wearing some good quality riding gear. Was actually dressed in an acceptable way as I went there direct from office.

I assume, I did look like a prospective buyer.

But the showroom guys were very busy with their own conversation.

This vehicle is NOT worth a million point two.
bblost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2012, 17:23   #148
Distinguished - BHPian

As a vehicle, I feel it is better than Scorpio and Safari, but given Forces shoddy track record, I would be scared to buy this.
4x4addict is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2012, 10:32   #149
BHPian

Just observed that Force One has taken off its TV commercial. If it is so, good for them and I would hope that they come up with better advertisements which do justice with the vehicle
ambujlal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2012, 12:00   #150
BHPian

Here is a youtube video of ForceOne from Overdrive. The front looks a little ugly from the three quarter view, but I kinda liked the boxy looks from the sides. Looks masculine and strong.

I have a feeling the a Force One in black colour would hide the ugliness of the front view.

DudeWithaFiat is offline   Reply With Quote