Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 18th June 2012, 14:34   #166
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Force One: Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
I think they are missing the bus here because the Indian consumer is certainly much more evolved now than he was perhaps 5 years ago!
To be fair to Force motors, it is not very easy to translate the chinese manual to add the Air Bags & ABS. If translated literally, it will say something like "Insert Anti-Accident blowable air sack into round turning wheel"...
4x4addict is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2012, 14:37   #167
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict

To be fair to Force motors, it is not very easy to translate the chinese manual to add the Air Bags & ABS. If translated literally, it will say something like "Insert Anti-Accident blowable air sack into round turning wheel"...
Ha!
Good one! I guess this should be a salutary lesson against this type of cheap chinese copying!
I cant understand why, when we have such a strong engineering base, we have to go and try and get some rubbishy chinese thingy to sell here. Bith the Zotye Rio and this plug-ugly Force One come to mind.
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2012, 15:16   #168
BHPian

Check the Force One facebook page; few very satisfied customers and many crying because of build quality and regular updates to the ECU. At one point I thought to give it a look but after going through some stories there, I would never think of it now. But to give credit, it does look awesome and has a mighty road presence in black color.
ambujlal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2012, 07:10   #169
BHPian

Force has still to do a lot of work before it can shatter the image it has acquired over the years.Force One is definitely an exercise or baby steps in carving out a niche in the competitive SUV section .More over ,they should rectify the customer complaints and refine the product through multiple iteration .Thus the product development right in the realm of market would mean that the customer worries and other niggles are suitably attented to may be in real time .
regards
praveen singh
blueblooded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2012, 12:41   #170
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw the Force One in detail yesterday.

All I will say is that it is a bucket of rubbish.

Had they launched this around ten years ago when the Scorpio was launched, they might have sold a few.

As it stands I think they should shut shop quietly and go back to making vans or those Trax's or whatever. Even the Biggest B's presence isnt going to make this fat lady sing!

Looks like whatever car Big B is roped in to promote, becomes a market dud - remember the Versa?
shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2012, 11:08   #171
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (9)

I saw 6 Force One Suvs around Mumbai until now. Five of these were in semi rural areas around Mumbai, only one was in the city. It seems Force motor's strategy is to sell the One to the well off rural folks and this strategy seems to work as of now.
In flesh the One is pretty unrefined to look at. The led DRL look quite tacky when attached to the trax like body of the Force One. The only saving grace is the Force One looks almost like a twin brother of the Endy, without the spare wheel on the tailgate.
apachelongbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2012, 12:32   #172
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone have idea about sales figures of Force One. Surprisingly, I did not find that in the monthly sales figures. It would be good to know how much market it has grabbed so far.

Anyone with figures please help!
TaureanBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2012, 21:57   #173
BHPian

Though the name sounds good, the logo of force one does look out of sorts especially on the steering wheel it looks out of place.

The vehicle clearly looks generation older as far as design is concerned.
In such a huge vehicle, i could not see bottle holders on the front doors, correct me if i am wrong.

They will have to FORCE customers to buy this ONE.
silverado is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2012, 22:00   #174
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado
Though the
In such a huge vehicle, i could not see bottle holders on
They will have to FORCE customers to buy this ONE.

Its an anachronism and a waste of time and money. No modern consumer will consider it for usage.
I like that pun you made on the name!
Cheers!
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2012, 00:07   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Its an anachronism and a waste of time and money. No modern consumer will consider it for usage.
Cheers!
I think the launch of the XUV soon after the Force 1 sounded the death kneel for it ( XUV W6 was priced cheaper than the Force 1 with much better modern looks and features). If the Force 1 had been launched 2 to 3 years back they might have sold reasonable numbers of it at least until the XUV was launched.
Same goes for the Tata safari storm which was still born due to the XUV launch.
dockap is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2012, 04:27   #176
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap

I think the launch of the XUV soon after the Force 1 sounded the death kneel for it ( XUV W6 was priced cheaper than the Force 1 with much better modern looks and features). If the Force 1 had been launched 2 to 3 years back they might have sold reasonable numbers of it at least until the XUV was launched.
Same goes for the Tata safari storm which was still born due to the XUV launch.
The Safari and Scorpio are better finished, better engineered, proven products and are significantly less expensive, more loaded, better available, better serviced and backed by greater expertise within this country. Now give me even one good reason why an idiotic, badly finished, crude, poor quality vehicle like Force One should even be considered for purchase.
Unless of course some political party gets like a buy one get one free kind of deal, with maintenance and backup vehicle thrown in for good measure, especially at the time of election campaigning, to ferry their goons about from place to place. They can buzz about to their hearts content, rubbing their filthy paws in glee, in their convoys of diesel powered Force One's to Force the poor starving electorate to vote.
This will also, as a sort of side effect, prevent the larcenous grand theft auto that takes place with monotonous regularity every election season, especially targeting Scorpios, Safaris and Boleros and Innovas etc.
Which brings me rather neatly I thought, to another point of masterly digression- we crib a heck of a lot on some other thread about rationalized diesel prices and make all private car users pay more money for Diesel etc. just a thought - how many litres would you say, of the self same subsidized diesel, must be getting consumed on these election campaign rounds by these scummy parties.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 29th June 2012 at 04:28.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2012, 11:50   #177
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (9)

Until now, I have seen about 25 Force One's on the road around Mumbai. This compared to exactly 3 RiO's in and around Mumbai. So it does seem Force is doing a better job than Premier. I have not test driven the One, but merely looking from the exterior, it seems a ok ok car.
apachelongbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2012, 12:32   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The Safari and Scorpio are better finished, better engineered, proven products and are significantly less expensive, more loaded, better available, better serviced and backed by greater expertise within this country. Now give me even one good reason why an idiotic, badly finished, crude, poor quality vehicle like Force One should even be considered for purchase.
I wonder that whether the Force One is as bad as it is made out to be. Apart from No ABS I didn't find any major flaw with this vehicle. I guess we don't even have an official review of this vehicle. I really can't understand as to why we go on overdrive mode to bash some vehicles (esp Indian ones).
Anyways I don't intend to defend any particular car but have noticed this phenomenon on T-Bhp and was surprised to say the least.
If I ever go for this car, it would be due to:
1) Mercedes Engine
2) Significant Road presence
3) Acres of space even in the third row
4) Marketed by Big B (can't add ROTFL as typing from mobile)
5) VFM
But honestly I don't see this actually happening as just picked XUV recently.
carwatcher is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2012, 19:47   #179
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwatcher
I wonder that whether the Force One is as bad as it is made out to be. Apart from No ABS I didn't find any major flaw with this vehicle. I guess we don't even have an official review of this vehicle. I really can't understand as to why we go on overdrive mode to bash some vehicles (esp Indian ones).
Anyways I don't intend to defend any particular car but have noticed this phenomenon on T-Bhp and was surprised to say the least.
If I ever go for this car, it would be due to:
1) Mercedes Engine
2) Significant Road presence
3) Acres of space even in the third row
4) Marketed by Big B (can't add ROTFL as typing from mobile)
5) VFM
But honestly I don't see this actually happening as just picked XUV recently.
Yes I agree that it has an old Merc engine. Nothing wrong with that. Yes also to the fact that the leather seats are nice. And the fact that it is a large and roomy vehicle.
However, its fit, finish and overall finesse leave a great deal to be desired. The lack of safety kit is such a vehicle is a serious deterrent.

All I want to state is that in the face of far more modern competition the Force One doesn't stand a chance. I don't think there is any bashing per se intended here. It is a fact that this vehicle and the Rio simply dont cut it any more in a modern environment. They should have come in say, ten years ago and perhaps may have found some success in our hugely starved marketplace.

I 've been a long time SUV user, long time Mahindra user and loyal customer of theirs. I believe I am reasonably knowledgeable and hence proffer my opinion on these things. However, in my considered opinion, even the XUV simply does not cut it at all.

I was part of their initial consumer testing forum in 2011 May, long before the general public saw or touched or felt the vehicle. I had given detailed feedback to them on so many different aspects if the car. Sad to say that they did not make some necessary changes and focussed instead on the mere cosmetics mostly. Plus it is my belief now in hindsight that most of the aspects of the vehicle were already cast in stone and there would have been precious little they could have changed even if they had wanted to!

I submit that we ought not to allow a misguided sense of patriotism to prevent us from facing the truth about the short-comings of many of these home grown vehicles. There are indeed better options available in the market at fair and comparable prices and it is our right as consumers, to be able to make the right choice for ourselves. Fora such as this merely serve to help clarify our thoughts!

Last edited by shankar.balan : 9th July 2012 at 19:51.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2012, 20:59   #180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I submit that we ought not to allow a misguided sense of patriotism to prevent us from facing the truth about the short-comings of many of these home grown vehicles. There are indeed better options available in the market at fair and comparable prices and it is our right as consumers, to be able to make the right choice for ourselves. Fora such as this merely serve to help clarify our thoughts!
If you notice my posts on T-BHP, I just don't link patriotism on such trivial matters especially it is known that almost 50-60% of any car have some foreign components and our first ever desi Indica was designed in Italy IIRC.
But what surprised me most is that the words used by senior and learned people like you (eg. Idiotic in the previous post) and GTO (on Rio's thread). Nothing more than that. IMHO it doesn't match with the principle of 'Love Cars Live Cars'

Last edited by carwatcher : 9th July 2012 at 21:01.
carwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote