Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 14th August 2012, 16:59   #211
BHPian

Default Re: Force One: Test Drive & Review

Does any one know what is the commitment of the Company towards the Force One, that is, how long are they willing to support it. If the company is bringing out a new variant this year, and another one next year, and a brand new model two-three years down the line, what is going to happen about the spares/ supportability for the older models. I definitely would not like to plonk my money on a vehicle which is difficult to maintain 5-7 years down the line.
220kmph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2012, 14:30   #212
BHPian

I’ll add my two cents here having been a Force(then Tempo) Trax Judo owner for over 5 years (till 2008).
Technically the Trax Judo was far superior than anything in the market – comparisons here being made with the scorpio/safari offerings. The Mercedes derived engine was a pleasure to drive & even though equipped with a stiff suspension, the drive was very comfortable. I clocked over 1,20,000 in the vehicle which included driving in J&K, HP, UP, Uttaranchal, Punjab, Rajasthan and 5 years of hectic Delhi city driving.
The Force vehicles have always been solid & technically kickass thanks to their licensing agreements with Mercedes, Lotus etc but they mess up the basics. The basics which todays consumer (with spending power) demands. Let me list some of these –
- Can you ever imagine a Scorp/Safari with a stop lever, which has to be pulled to cut off the engine !!
- To lock the Trax Judo you had to push a metal lever which was like a mini work out
- Such a refined engine was mated to a 4 speed gearbox, which was blasphemous
- Zero marketability or “cool” factor , Apple & Steve Jobs has taught us that people today buy products basis this “cool” factor

I haven’t driven the Force One , hence wont comment on any of those factors but as someone looking at the vehicle from outside; its pure value for money and that cannot be denied.
Yes the design is dated but would anyone like to venture a guess how old the Scorp & Safari shapes are ? oh btw im a scorpio owner
These vehicle makes sense for anyone who knows his/her car & will look beyond the fluff of cosmetics. I mean why would anyone pay 12+ for the Duster when it offers you nothing !! the rear ac vent in the Duster has to be one of the cheapest accessories I have seen in a 11+ lakh car, shocker !

My only grouse with the Force One and Force Motors is that they have learnt from their previous cock-ups.
At this price points Airbags & Abs would have attracted the educated, middle class customers big time.
You get the opportunity to rope in Amitabh Bachan and then come out with shockingly bad adverts, im not even kidding when I say I can write better copy content than what force is using.

to finish this rant , it’s a fair effort been put in by Force but old habits die hard, old bad habits even harder.
Look forward to contributing further to this thread when I have Test driven the Force One.
Ksingh544 is offline   (7) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2012, 16:56   #213
Distinguished - BHPian

@ksingh:

Force One is a good attempt, but nevertheless, too little too late. If they can offer a 4x4 version with safety features, I will consider one as there is nothing else reliable at that price point now...
4x4addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2012, 13:04   #214
Senior - BHPian

The Force One 4X4 is spied testing, & here is Indiancarsbikes article on the same:
http://www.indiancarsbikes.in/cars/f...testing-61879/

It means the simply most capable 7-8 seater 4X4 will soon be reality. But, the price could be much higher as compared to Safari/ Scorpio... more in XUV/ Aria range, without any improvement in the overall fit & finish & quality of interiors .
CARDEEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2012, 12:19   #215
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Has anyone on this forum bought a Force One? Any ownership reviews? Only reviews I could find were some online ones on autocar website and on some other forums, but were poorly worded and lacked readable english words. I see the Facebook page of Force very active in trying to promote the car, however I am perplexed by lack of ownership reviews anywhere. Where are the 300/month Force One owners hiding?
apachelongbow is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2012, 12:30   #216
Senior - BHPian

^^^ I have seen quite a few, 7-8 in and around NCR, & there is one very near to my residence. But, it seems that early buyers are not TBHP members, & haven't dared ask the one near to my place to pen his ownership for me or even speak to him. But, it seems that the vehicle is holding up good, & at times (in case of other Force Ones) being chauffeur driven for the Sethjis in the middle row, or being recklessly driven across rough terrain by a bunch of lads, whose family won the jackpot by selling ancestral property, & the vehicle still holding good. So I feel that it is good enough like a niggle free Scorpio/ Safari with good ride & handling trait.
Old 22nd September 2012, 18:06   #217
BHPian

Guys, One test drive vehicle for sale at Kochi dealership. Have a look. At least they have the decency not to palm the vehicle off to an unsuspecting customer, as has been brought out in the forum earlier. http://kochi.quikr.com/FORCE-ONE-SUV...QAdIdZ93283235
220kmph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2012, 14:40   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Force One is a good attempt, but nevertheless, too little too late. If they can offer a 4x4 version with safety features, I will consider one as there is nothing else reliable at that price point now...

For a vehicle this size and heft, not providing ABS is almost a crime. I would take a serious look at this vehicle if they come out with a 4x4 version with at least ABS, if not airbags also.
H3LIOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2012, 10:12   #219
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Have seen quite a few on the roads on my various outstation trips. Guess the very limited buyers too use them for long dist trips.

Judt as earlier people used to refer to the Safari as a.cheaper pajero for those who could not go for the real thing. The force 1 appears to be a cheaper endeavour due to its shape.

The absence of features and safety kit though possibly moves away too many buyers. I also dont like the rear treatment.
ACM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2012, 10:53   #220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Have seen quite a few on the roads on my various outstation trips. Guess the very limited buyers too use them for long dist trips.

Judt as earlier people used to refer to the Safari as a.cheaper pajero for those who could not go for the real thing. The force 1 appears to be a cheaper endeavour due to its shape.

The absence of features and safety kit though possibly moves away too many buyers. I also dont like the rear treatment.
Am following Force One FB page and there are numerous horror stories about the quality, oil leak, coolant leaking, brake problem, battery conking off, and the list goes on and not so good service support. My advice would be to stay away. Not worth the money. I would even buy a Rio over this
ambujlal is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2012, 11:42   #221
Senior - BHPian

Motoroids have uploaded spy pics of the Force-One 4X4 being tested around Lonavla. Here is the link to their report:

http://motoroids.com/news/force-one-...g-launch-soon/

This is good news for off-road enthusiasts as they would have another competent option to choose their vehicle, & that too a bargain as compared to foreign manufacturers.
Old 23rd October 2012, 13:25   #222
BHPian

Stripped down version are planned tentative SOP is somewhere in January.. starting price of this version should be around 7.5 lakhs. This wont carry regular OM611 engine, also loads of things would be taken out... i will keep all updated as & when i get more information..
007 Bond is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2012, 14:09   #223
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 Bond View Post
Stripped down version are planned tentative SOP is somewhere in January...
Any progress on 4x4 version with safety features?
4x4addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2012, 14:50   #224
Senior - BHPian

Force One 4WD has been spied testing by IAB. Here is link to their article:

http://indianautosblog.com/2012/12/s...h-badges-58591
Old 10th January 2013, 14:08   #225
BHPian

Had a test drive of Force one last week. Not very convinced to shell out 14L for it. A real quick review below

+ ves

1.Space, space and space
2.Resposive engine

- Ves

1. Cheap looking interiors
2. No driving comfort
3. Getting into back row is a real challenge
vinucv is offline   Reply With Quote