Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 23rd July 2013, 14:55   #241
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Force One: Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge_Viper View Post
will have confusion between Gurkha, Force One and Scorpio LX 4wd. Though Force One if priced 12+ will go down the priority list.
Forget the Gurkha as as a family vehicle. It is a badly assembled tin can. Between the Scorpio 4x4 & Force One 4x4, the Force one is far better in terms of space features and value. I had a Scorpio 4x4 for three years and wouldn't really recommend it mainly due to poor interior ergonomics/space and also ride quality is very bad.
4x4addict is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2013, 15:04   #242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge_Viper View Post
Is this for the 4wd variant or non-4wd
Per their website, the SX with ABS (5+D) variant is priced at INR 12,27,821 in Hyderabad. Not sure if that variant includes the 4x4 option by default.
IndianGuardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2013, 12:07   #243

Can TBHP please do an official review of the Force-One SUV? It will be of tremendous help. Many thanks.
guunbuu is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2013, 18:55   #244
BHPian

Yes, agree with guunbuu, can we please have Force-one's official review? I was searching for a comprehensive review on T-Bhp, but could not find any. Not sure if there is a face-lifted version launched with ABS and Airbags in the offering this year.
Satshan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2013, 10:27   #245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satshan View Post
Yes, agree with guunbuu, can we please have Force-one's official review? I was searching for a comprehensive review on T-Bhp, but could not find any. Not sure if there is a face-lifted version launched with ABS and Airbags in the offering this year.
There are several reviews doing the rounds on the net. This is one other review (comparison) on team-bhp at

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ra-xuv5oo.html (Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid: A Comparison between Force One and Mahindra XUV5OO)

ABS versions are now available on sale. However my guess is it would probably be a while before the airbags versions are available. The entire dash needs to be re-worked to accommodate airbags.
Shiwik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2013, 17:30   #246

Did anyone attend the Force One launch in Pune today? I must say I was quite impressed with the SX model. The interior quality, though not up to the 'premium' mark, proved to be more than satisfactory. I could foresee a long, comfortable road trip in this one!

The EX model, however, lacked finesse and on many levels 'FORCE'd me to believe that it is going to be a moderately successful cab vehicle.

I do have some photographs, will go through them (and sort out the useless ones )as soon as I reach home.
siddharthseth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2013, 07:42   #247
BHPian

I have had a test drive in both Storme and the force one, for me being a chunky chap with big feet these are what I found:
1. seat down steering wheel right up in storme I could not see the top of the instruments, force ok
2. storme no dead pedal left foot stuck under the clutch force nice big dead pedel.
3. force better audio duel din unit
4. force cruise cont and audio cont on steering wheel
5. 2nd row capt chairs in 4x4 version what I am looking at, tata 2nd row good but bench seat
6. better 3rd row in force forward facing
7.downside a/c in the force not as good as tata 2nd & 3rd row
8. force 70 lt tank 15 more than tata
9. AT tyres on 4x4 as standard
10. no cam belt on the force as its a merc engine with chain, I hate cam belts as they distroy the engine if the break.
11. roof bars for a full roof rack on force not on storme
12 list price for 4x4 in Goa force 2,37,000 cheaper and wifey is beating the force lady up for some discounts which tata are not giving.
13. 4x4 storme available in 20 days force 8 weeks
14 BIG downside to force is less dealships for parts and service when traveling. My plan would be to carry a kit of bits hoses, belt, clips, relays and such the type of items that stop you dead in your tracks at the road side. As a retired aircraft engineer I have the tools and know how to fix things if I have some parts so I think I can live with this.

Froce coming today for a 2nd test drive as wife only seen car in showroom not had a drive in it yet. So will report back which way we will go. 2,37,000 is a lot of money for a car which has less and a restriced driving position for me.

Mod Note: Your post contains several grammatical and spelling mistakes. Please take the time to compose your posts with care going forward.

Last edited by noopster : 15th August 2013 at 16:00. Reason: Refer mod note in post
KEN-RAND is offline   (9) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2013, 12:56   #248
Senior - BHPian

Hi @KEN-RAND

Are you sure that the 4X4 Force-One has 2nd row captian seats? Because the website says it has 6+D seating option, i.e. 2+3+2 seating in front, middle & last rows respectively... no captain seats.

Further, the website also does not show the 4X4 as available, & as far I have checked (almost everywhere, it would be launched in next month). I guess this is the reason why you have been quoted 8 weeks delivery time frame.

One question for you - as an engineer, how would you rate the mechanicals of Force-One over the likes of Storme/ Scorpio/ Aria?

Thanks in advance
CARDEEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2013, 13:05   #249
BHPian

Mod Note: Your post has several grammatical and syntax errors that render it unreadable. Please take the time to compose your posts carefully going forward. Refer our posting rules and etiquette before proceeding.

Last edited by noopster : 15th August 2013 at 15:58. Reason: Check mod note inline
KEN-RAND is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 2nd September 2013, 18:27   #250
Senior - BHPian

ACI have test driven the Force One LX 4X4 in the company's test track & here is the link to their test drive report:

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-rev...-355326,0.aspx

Quote:
Excerpts:

... with a long wheelbase and nearly two tones of weight, it is best to keep the Force away from the really adventurous terrain.

... if you are looking for an SUV with a voluminous cabin, brutish dimensions and four driven wheels, even at this price point the Force One LX offers decent value.
As per ACI, the LX variant is expected to be priced Rs 1.5 to 2 lakh dearer than the SX.
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2013, 01:06   #251

Does anyone in the forum or otherwise own a force one. Most review are of test drives. An owners review will be a big help in making a decision, for anyone planning on buying one.
captvicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2013, 17:54   #252
BHPian

Similar request to captvicky. Would dearly love an owner review.

I am looking for a vehicle with space for 6 large adults and some storage. The only option within budget seems to be the XUV500. However, i do not want all the fancy addons which may stop working after some time and drive me crazy.
The Force One with a Mercedes engine is an alluring prospect. But the car just does not seem to sell. I called the Navi Mumbai showroom to arrange a test drive. It seems the showroom sells less than 10 cars per month!! With these numbers, they may just stop production and owners would have issues with maintenance.
us.dash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2013, 10:53   #253
BHPian

Stay away from Force One. Not worth the money. Only an age old Merc engine doesn't make for a complete package. Their service backup is not great as of now. Although their intentions are great and may have big plans, but they are way behind the competition.

xuv is about to launch a new base version which takes out lot of gizmos which are really not required, still keeping all the safety features. Check that out.
ambujlal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2014, 12:45   #254
Senior - BHPian

Force One LX (with 4X4, Limited Slip Differential + ABS with EBD) has been snapped in Pune (courtesy - Motorbash). Here are the pics:

Name:  ForceOneLX4X4.jpg
Views: 14107
Size:  62.8 KB

Name:  ForceOneLX4X4Launch.jpg
Views: 14035
Size:  72.3 KB
CARDEEP is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2014, 13:54   #255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
Force One LX (with 4X4, Limited Slip Differential + ABS with EBD) has been snapped in Pune (courtesy - Motorbash). Here are the pics:

Attachment 1187786

Attachment 1187787
As per the initial announcements from Force, the 4x4 were supposed to come shod with larger tyres. This vehicle already looks large and with larger rubber, it would be quite imposing. However the review from auto car is not very encouraging. Link to the review is here -> http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-rev...ve-355326.aspx
Shiwik is offline   Reply With Quote