Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 11th December 2011, 17:34   #121
BHPian

Default Re: Force One: Test Drive & Review

I went to the showroom at Navi Mumbai (Avani Force).

The first time i went there was on the first day the car was on display at the showroom. Unfortunately it was choc a bloc with people queuing up to sit in all seats.

Forward to approx. 2 months later when I visited them again. This time around there we barely any people in the showroom. I asked for a test drive and was told that some DSAs have taken it out. However they were able to arrange one in about 15-20 mins which i didnt mind. In the meanwhile we (wifey and me) were checking out the car.

Exteriors:
I quite like the dimensions of the car. Its imposing and very very butch. It is in pretty much endeavour territory. i noticed a few uneven bumper bulges but like the others have mentioned here and the sales persons had a similar response of these being demo vehicles.

Interiors:
Space Space and some more Space!!!

We are a family of six including one infant. i am passively on the lookout for a seven seater. i thought the XUV has answered my prayers for an all rounded 7 seater but the moment my wife and sister sat in the last row of seats of the XUV the started feeling claustrophobic! well that pretty much puts a lid on it then (we may never be so sure though)

Coming back to interiors of the F1 well the earlier pictures say it all. I am 179cm tall and weigh about 100kgs but can sit in any seat in the car. My wife who was uncomfortable in the XUV's last row found this to be more than adequate (mind you she is 5 feet tall and weighs about 55-60 kgs i guess). last row can also be reclined which would probably not be the case if they had head rests (something i realised) but i would have heat rests anyday in place of reclining seats

Equipment wise i believe it has everything i would need on the inside right from the music player to the dual ac vents. a word about the plastics though which at very best can be described as average. i think they could have done away with the fake wood though.

The Drive
I got into the car and the first thing i noticed is that there is a great amount of visibility on all sides. i could see the edge of the bonnet which if felt is a good thing. Start the car and there was a nice roar of the diesel engine which is not so loud (i have a Vento TDi so i am used to the noise ). the gear shifts however take a little effort (again the Vento IMHO is super smooth) but its not something that one cannot get used to.

the thing that struck me the most was that i didnt feel its bulk while driving at all. i mean i was very much at ease in tight corners near the showroom. it is also pretty effortless to manoeuvre and never did it feel like its so big on the outside. i didnt take a very long test drive but got a chance to test out the suspension on an uneven gravel track and it was quite good. i also got a chance to test the brakes when a biker appeared out of nowhere and i had to put all my bodyweight on the brakes and they didnt lock up

i had gone at about 4 pm and the ac cooled the car in no time at all and there are seperate controls up front for the rear vents which though not of the best plastic quality seemed to work fine.

the flipside though was that the horn for some reason refused to work and this was an unregistered vehicle!!! to sum it up i was pretty impressed with the short test drive. i will definitely go for a longer one where i will be able to test the high speed stability.

Other Points
IIRC they have 3 free services with intervals at every 10k, 20k and 30k or 6, 12 and 18 months.

100,000kms or 3 yrs warranty.

they have some side of roadside assistance which i cant recollect much about.

To sum it up its definitely a vehicle which i am considering inspite of the flaws but the unproven track record is holding me back. i think i will wait for the abs and airbags version to come and then perhaps take a call.

the price is 12.21l for on road in navi mumbai

Price list
Attached Thumbnails
Force One: Test Drive & Review-11122011455.jpg  

miharbe is online now   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2011, 12:10   #122
BHPian

@miharbe,so any further updates on your force one plans .
Now as your review goes its does not seem to be any worse than it competitors like innova,safari and scorpio .
The only chink in its armor is apparent poor after sales service give the inexperience of the force motors in passenger vehicle segment .
Moreover the dealership of force motors is thinly spread and most of the dealers in the north are new entrant in the field so there commitment and customer care is still much untested .
Moreover the sale volume of force one does not figure anywhere in print or electronic media.
As regards the reverse engineering and copying if the final product is good then is there any need to rediscover the wheel all over again rather than employing tried and tested technologies
regards
praveen singh
blueblooded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2011, 15:24   #123
BHPian

Its good to finally see some print and TV advertising by Force. I quite like its proportions and the feedback from various TDs seems to suggest that it handles well. The only negative is the lack of a track record for this vehicle or the company in this segment.
cediafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2011, 15:35   #124
BHPian

I saw the Advt on TV.

I seriously feel they need a better branding brain and a far better concept.

Having BigB to drive your car and show a chasing sequence with kids and then doing a criss-cross stop over a zebraline !!!

That isnt a great video to start the campaign of an SUV ..

IMHO

COuldnt find the video on net ..

Btw, why doesnt the Force Motors website still talk of Force One , or am i missing it there ?
mannubhai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2011, 23:30   #125
Distinguished - BHPian

Found the ad in youtube.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2011, 08:15   #126
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Found the ad in youtube.
Hilarious to the core. Could be a spoof in any of the comedy movies.
MAS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2011, 09:20   #127
BHPian

What does the Ad mean? Its okay for kids to take rides from strangers?
SedatedDrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2011, 02:16   #128
BHPian

Force motors are really out with a terrific product and when they come up with the option of ABS and AIRBAGS ,it would really a product to reckon with given the credentials of the force motors' german lineage engines and sturdy suspension
regards
praveen singh
Old 27th December 2011, 11:02   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by miharbe View Post
I went to the showroom at Navi Mumbai (Avani Force).
Miharbe,
How was the plastic quality, interior and overall build quality? Did you notice any rattles or squeaks?
DeKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2011, 13:51   #130
Senior - BHPian

I went and saw the car over the weekend.

Personally I felt the fit could be better. Both the cars in the Chennai showroom required to be closed repeatedly in order for them to shut. The Boot never shut - the excuse given by the salesperson - the vehicle is new and PDI / beading is not put.

The space was nice, but the finish needs to improve. The engine-bay was clean and well housed.

For some reason I banged my head when I was getting into the drivers seat. I am 6'3"

I guess until it comes with ABS, Its not on my radar!
:(
madan80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2011, 15:27   #131
BHPian

Just looked at the SUV Force One TVC added by swiftnfurious. That did not seemed to be a SUV add. Just "Batcho ki jaan lene ki koshish"

The SUV seems promising but After-Sales-Service and Fit and Finish is threat. But for interior space too good. I have registered for a test drive in Bangalore a few minutes back. Lets see when and how that goes ....
M.R.Boruwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2011, 16:46   #132
Team-BHP Support

I must say, that's a rather lame attempt at an ad!
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2011, 17:18   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueblooded View Post
@miharbe,so any further updates on your force one plans .
I am passively looking out so not really in a rush and really dont want to put down my money on an unproven vehicle and that too without ABS and Airbags.

Perhaps in the next iteration or upgrade i might consider but then again one never knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post
Miharbe,
How was the plastic quality, interior and overall build quality? Did you notice any rattles or squeaks?
Dont really remember anything specifically on any rattles or squeaks. as far as interiors are concerned the plastic quality left a lot to be desired and also felt quite flimsy at times. the seating though is quite comfortable and the leather quality is quite good for a car at this price point (would personally prefer fabric seats though)

But one thing that shocked me was that the horn refused to work on the test car.
miharbe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2011, 17:32   #134
BHPian

Its really good idea to take ones pick after considering ones buying decision threadbare.The force motors has to prove its mettle in this uncharted territory of passenger vehicles.
One thing more ,I am yet to come across any force one in this part of India ,how about the sales figures in other parts of country.
As of yet it seems to be really nonexistent
Old 28th December 2011, 13:12   #135
Distinguished - BHPian

I think the sales/service outlets will decide the products performance henceforth.
Remember how Fiat is suffering with this issue.
Until Force motors invests with good dealer its unlikely they cannot fetch good sales numbers though product is good.
Ashley2 is offline   Reply With Quote