Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 27th October 2011, 09:56   #16
BHPian

Default Re: My Toyota Liva Diesel!

Congrats milu2fast .Take good care of it and as it is with all toyota's it will last for ever
One question though , was the decisions to buy a live based only on the brand loyalty that you and your family share or did you test drive other cars in the market and then narrowed down on the live ?
Enigmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2011, 10:04   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on the Liva D. Do keep the thread alive with updates?

Which brand is it? can read from the pics? and how much did it cost?

How much did the fog lamps cost outside and do you have HID in it?

The bumper protector and the door protectors looks good on the white.

Enjoy many more trouble free happy miles with the Toyota.
nkrishnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2011, 10:27   #18
BHPian

Congrats for buying a wonderful vehicle, liked the white color from day one. Toyota is always a winner, wish you miles of happiness , a good ICE is all you need, that is one area to which i am most emotionally attached !!
NST440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2011, 11:37   #19
BHPian

Congratulations on the sensible choice for a hatch. Enjoyed reading your unbiased review. Loved many of your observations, but this one takes the cake for me and pretty much sums up the car in a way
Quote:
Want to warn all the guys who are going to take this car and take a freind and show off that this is good,don't try to be fast and you wouldn't impress him.Let the car drive you and your friend would love the car for what it is and what toyota wanted it to be...
Enjoy crunching of miles after happy miles for years on and on!
RadiantKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2011, 19:06   #20
BHPian

Nice review Milu, wish you many trouble-free happy miles! I like the wheel covers of the Liva and am planning to buy them for my indigo cs but I'm worried whether they'll fit perfectly. Technically, the tyres ratings of both cars are the same 165/75/R14.
MudMover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2011, 19:29   #21
Senior - BHPian

^^ if the rims are 14" the wheel covers will fit without fuss ; but I doubt if Toyota will sell them separately off-the-shelf.

I'd say also look at designs from KT(Kuan Tong) ; their finish is unbeatable and I can vouch for their looks.

Only thing to do would be to buy two sets.
vigsom is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2011, 19:38   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey congrats on your new car. Off late there have been quite a few Etios/Liva threads on the forum. White always looks good on any car. Wish you many happy miles with this smallest Toyota .

I do feel that Toyota should add little chrome in the interior. The steering and the dash sort of look very dull and bland right now. A little chrome here and there will break that monotony.

Last edited by drmohitg : 27th October 2011 at 19:41.
drmohitg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2011, 22:17   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
I do feel that Toyota should add little chrome in the interior. The steering and the dash sort of look very dull and bland right now. A little chrome here and there will break that monotony.
That's a pretty keen observation. I was initially a little reluctant to take the top-end model for my Etios since V is more VFM and also the chrome bits used in the interiors of VX looked a little cheap in terms of quality. But having been living in the car for some time, I now realize that they do help brighten up the interiors.

While on chrome, my recent observation that just might of interest to milu2fast, I saw a Liva G (not sure if it was while or silver) with rear door garnish only this evening. While I do not like the stock chrome bar on Liva V/VX, the rear chrome garnish at the bottom of the door looked really good on Liva G. Also, it appears from the pics that Liva G doesn't get any chrome on its front grill. I do like this stock chrome bit on the front available on higher trims.
RadiantKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2011, 22:29   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
^^ if the rims are 14" the wheel covers will fit without fuss ; but I doubt if Toyota will sell them separately off-the-shelf.

I'd say also look at designs from KT(Kuan Tong) ; their finish is unbeatable and I can vouch for their looks.

Only thing to do would be to buy two sets.
The Wheel Covers are sold off-the-shelf by Toyota ONLY if you can afford them. You may be able to buy 2 SETS of off-market ones at the price of 1 Wheel Cover , but they are definitely very very high quality than the off-market ones. Plus fitting in a car other than Toyota would not look good as they come branded with the Toyota badge emboss.
parsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2011, 09:32   #25
BHPian

A big thanks to all you guys again:-)
@krishna I don't understand what brand you are referring to.Is it the fog lamps?Well I got them from outside the showroom for 9k and its worth it.Its expensive because the fog lamps for Liva are not ready outside toyota so we had to adjust with clamps and all.If you plan on it I would suggest you get the fog lamps from toyota and do just the HID from outside.
And yes we did test drive most of the segment players before we jumped into the Liva but I would say the brand value just made us forget the glitches.

The original tyres for the liva are 175/65 R14 not 165.

I personally didn't feel chrome would go well with white colour and thats why I stayed away from it but thanks anyway.

Further updates; There is a gap between the front and rear door and its a place for dirt especially if you drive in rainy conditions.I took it for a ride on some pretty bad roads and the roads felt very much normal in this as supposed to our swift which really made us uncomfortable and by the way let me tell you the roads were physically better when I went on them with the Swift.There is a slight fogging problem for this,it fogs on the outside and no matter how much you try to balance the temperature it just doesn't seem to work.Fuel efficiency is damn good because I did have to put ac and just stay (car was stationary) in the car for almost an hour and some rough driving by a friend of mine and well the gauge has lost 2 bars but it has also crossed the 300 km mark.Ac is really really powerful,I rarely have to open all the blowers ( but by god its the closed vents that make me relieved about the interiors because nothing looks worse than those vents,its a personal observation,man for once i wish the ac was not this good when i see those closed vents,heheheh) and still haven't had to go above fan speed 2 or set temperature to the lowest possible.And the headlights,wow! properly good and finally we get a car who's light height adjustment is made for india and not foreign standards.I did put a set with speakers in it,it was the same we had in our swift,Alpine and it sounds better in this thanks to the tooters i guess.

And a trade secret;if you people want to beat the swift and figo in a liva,take them on in bad roads and you will surely win and if you still feel unsatisfied then change to the passenger seat,get the seats to A+ comfort position and blame the new driver,heheheh

Happy driving
milu2fast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2011, 09:57   #26
BHPian

@krishna,sorry how stupid of me.You were asking about the tyres.Well I got yokohoma ES100 195/60 R14 and I had to pay 2.5k extra per tyre and I did change all 5 and thankfully they fit inside the boot.
milu2fast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2011, 01:14   #27
BHPian

@milu2fast : Congratulations buddy for a great car and a nice review. I have been waiting for this review for quite some time now and although I still am undecided, but this helps. Especially the bit about FE since there were lots of doubts about Liva(P) FE.

Could you please share the on road price as well? Did you get any discount?

Enjoy the ride!
wickedchauhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2011, 02:05   #28
BANNED

Congratulations alot on buying the New Etios Liva D.
From the looks, its my favourite hatchback after VW Polo.
Its only her equipment levels(precisely speaking the Tachometer & Rear Demister only) which is avoiding me for considering this car in my wishlist.

Even I've also seen the 'feel of missing Tachometer' in your first post of this thread.
CRtorquefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2011, 05:58   #29
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your new ride Mulu2fast, she looks lovely in white, and you seem to have described her characteristics perfectly. A great car, although a lil sluggish, but a nice blend of comfort and economy, just wish they did something about the interiors. Looks too plain for my liking.
Lalvaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2011, 08:46   #30
BHPian

Congrats Sir. Liva looks really good in white (or may be almost all the recent launches looks good in white ?!)

Interior Plastics IMHO is not that bad except the grey color.

Hope it serves you well and lives up to its badge value.
ganesc is offline   Reply With Quote