Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 29th October 2011, 13:09   #31
BHPian

Default Re: My Toyota Liva Diesel!

Update;I did something about the front end and I hope you guys like it because I love it.The fuel gauge lost half its range and we are at 370km,I guess the last update on fuel efficiency was wrong ,sorry for it but the car was with my dad.
On road price comes to Rs 620000.
Attached Thumbnails
My Toyota Liva Diesel!-291020111336.jpg  

My Toyota Liva Diesel!-291020111337.jpg  

milu2fast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2011, 20:07   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by milu2fast View Post
Update;I did something about the front end and I hope you guys like it because I love it.
Hey, what's it that you've done? Replaced the grill with that of black Liva? Waiting to hear from you. And of course, it gives the car some great character!
RadiantKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2011, 09:40   #33
BHPian

Quite a late response, but congratulations on your new ride sir.

The front grille looks really good too

As for the FE, I'd say the fuel gauge provided is just to be taken as an indication rather than considering it for calculating FE. The last bar especially lasts for a minimum of 90 km without fail in Etios petrol; which will be a lot more in the frugal diesel. Hence the overall range of the vehicle will be really amazing.

Eagerly awaiting for the 'full tank - full tank' FE values
Carb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2011, 14:37   #34
BHPian

Your modifications on the front grille is really nice.
I really like the design of the front Bumper.
If I may, you should add a gloss finish alloys, that would really go well with the color of your car.
Also the stance of the car is quite good, I mean the width-height and length ratio.
Like the rally cars.
I am having thoughts of a Liva rally car. Foglamps, rally mud flaps, a rear wing etc.
Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2011, 12:54   #35
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Congrats for your white Liva-D - a wonderful choice. How is the AC performance.

Happy and Safe Motoring.
RGK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2011, 13:01   #36
Senior - BHPian

The black grille looks distinct ; you could try lacing it with some 1/2" chrome "patti" and see how it looks.

It seems to be raining Livas on t-bhp
vigsom is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2011, 16:16   #37
BHPian

Congrats on your Liva D .
I feel the white grill make the look more complete. The black grill makes the car look more basic or base model type.

But as long as your happy ..

Wish you many happy miles and please update the FE.

My new Figo TDCI gave me 14.2 on the first tank full in bumper to bumper traffic.
karizma_devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2011, 21:16   #38
BHPian

Thanks again guys,was away for a while.
The ac is really really powerful,rarely ever had to go above half its range.
As for fuel efficiency well,we are at half tank at it is at 445kms.I am as eager if not more to know the real fuel efficiency.Will let you guys know as soon as I do.Will get the registration done tomorrow hopefully.
Happy driving
Old 2nd November 2011, 08:05   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Hie fellow motorheads.....
This is my first post so please bear with me for any shortcomings.This post is about the initial ownership review of toyota Etios Liva diesel.

Reason to buy-the petrol price bug bit us too so we had to change from our trusted swift vxi to a diesel car.We already had a qualis which has been in the family for 11 years and so when the news came of the same company launching a car in the segment we were looking at,well you could say the choice was unanimous.Toyota brand does command a lot of respect especially in our family thanks to the 'never say never' attitude that the qualis has showed throughout its time.

...WE ARE A HAPPY FAMILY!
Congratulations on the Liva D. I am in the process of TDing many models trying to find the one to buy. I found that the diesel versions of Etios and Liva offerings to be noisy. The Etios sedan D was especially noisy. Do you find the Liva D to be noisy inside?

the interior plastics are not quite in the Toyota class

Quote:
... Further update on the drive,well the fuel gauge lost a bar at 175 kms and that includes atleast half an hour with ac in a stopped car.And uneven surface in corners do seem to unsettle it.
I wonder if this has to do with the economizing that Toyota went in for in the Liva - ballast based gauge instead of sensor based guage? It seem that it takes longer for the fuel gauge to travel from top-end fuel bars than the bottom end.
Cheiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2011, 09:26   #40
BHPian

I guess cherion was right and as expected its gauge showed the typical fall we have become so used to with the qualis and its a windfall after it crosses the halfway mark.So finally we have a confirmed reading and its 16.2 kmpl (full tank method) [bad roads,good roads,full time ac and its the first filling]

Further updates; it really doesn't like the hurried driving,the car protests in many many ways and the uneven surface in a corner is something to be avoided in it.I do find the wipers are left wanting in heavy rains.The fogging is also not at all helping in the night.But the comfort and the ride it offers over bad surfaces is still absolutely brilliant and I am more than happy to trade all these glitches for it.Braking is strong and confidence inspiring and no drama as I did had to do a few hard one.
Old 6th November 2011, 14:56   #41
BHPian

Quote:
...and the uneven surface in a corner is something to be avoided in it.
Can you pl. elaborate it further? I did not quite get the problem you're facing.

Quote:
I do find the wipers are left wanting in heavy rains.
Yes, I have made similar observation in my Etios(P) thread. Was wondering till now if I'm alone.

Quote:
The fogging is also not at all helping in the night.
I've also faced this issue recently. Wonder what could be the reason? And if some spray can help the matter?

Quote:
But the comfort and the ride it offers over bad surfaces is still absolutely brilliant and I am more than happy to trade all these glitches for it.Braking is strong and confidence inspiring and no drama...
Thankfully the positives certainly outweigh the negatives!
Old 9th November 2011, 00:10   #42
BHPian

@radiant karma;what I meant is that when you do take a corner at good speeds and if there is some patches or uneven road surface the car tends to be disturbed and this I didn't have in my swift.

And an important thing about the efficiency is that most of the driving in that was between the 80-110kmph range so all of you who think the liva is not as efficient as the company says,well think again.

Fogging is still an issue and further I have these small stains and a friend suggested its the oil that most new wiper blades have when in a new car so have to try and know if thats true.

Got really hammered in some heavy rains and the wiper just can't keep up,I guess I can put my hand out and wipe the windscreen once before the wiper blades return from extreme left position even at maximum speed,its horrible

Happy driving guys
milu2fast is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2011, 07:46   #43
BHPian

Update; we had our second full tank and this was summed up on either side of the 1k service and she gave us 17.5 kmpl

Happy driving
Old 21st November 2011, 15:39   #44
BHPian

Quote:
@radiant karma;what I meant is that when you do take a corner at good speeds and if there is some patches or uneven road surface the car tends to be disturbed and this I didn't have in my swift.
By any chance, do you find any similarity with the suspension behaviour of my Etios as mentioned in the following post of my thread here?
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2584321 (Plain Jane Toyota Etios conquers the heart with her soulful charm!)
Old 22nd November 2011, 09:59   #45
BHPian

@radiant karma.
I read your post and if your issue is the 'thud' sound I have given you the explanation we got.
I haven't driven the petrol variants and I know they are lighter and faster than the diesels so I guess you would feel the bouncy nature of the car more when driven fast.By this I refer to the tendency of the car to 'get off the intented driving line' when you encounter an uneven patch in a corner when at good speeds.I read another etios vd review by automachine who also says about the same thing.
Thankfully diesels are not faster heheheheh