Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 3rd December 2011, 21:57   #46
BANNED

Default Re: My Toyota Liva Diesel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by milu2fast View Post
Hie fellow motorheads.....
This post is about the initial ownership review of toyota Etios Liva diesel.
Congratulations for your Liva D & Thanks for sharing the Ownership thread of Liva.

While hunting for a Diesel hatchback for my extensive usage, I'm seeing, Analyzing each & every option in the market.
Recently On-road I'm coming across many Liva Ds', So got some Interest cropped about it in my mind.

So, got reminded about this thread & wanna answer to these my questions;

-How is yours usage & how its performing now ??

-How is the Comfort, Fuel efficiency & Reliability of it ?

-Heard about some Niggles of Etios twins regarding its Door beading, Insulation, etc. So, what's the status of your car regarding this ??

-Do you prescribe/advise this car for someone else(=me here) ?

-Any additional comments/advises are most welcomed.
CRtorquefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2012, 14:37   #47
BHPian

Congrats on the new buy.What is the fuel efficiency?Both highway and city
binoyb22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2012, 17:56   #48
BHPian

Exclamation Re: My Toyota Liva Diesel!

Great buy brother, wishing you all the best! I am also searching for a budget diesel currently and have shortlisted Liva D, Swift VDI and Ritz VDI. What impresses me in the Liva most is the linear power delivery and effortless driving characteristics. What would you recommend between the 3?
abhjain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2012, 00:44   #49
BHPian

Sorry a ton guys,been really really busy for a long time and hence my absence from t-bhp.My internship started and so the car returned to its rto owner (my dad) so haven't spend more than about 500km with it since. Things to be updated,well it went on a long trip and returned 18kmpl with mostly speeds being between 120-140kmph.And my dad's (speed limted) driving sees him getting 21kmpl regularly with ac full blown.And in between all this eventhough I haven't driven it her for a long time do have to say,I am in love with her,she may not be a young teenagers rocket machine but it just does everything that it needs to do and does it well.I guess most of you guys have now already ridden Liva and well I guess no use in me blabbering more.As toyota says,we wanted to make a discent,efficient,spacious,comfortable diesel hatch and have to say thumps up!
Thing to add is,I have used cars in the past and you know when a car badly needs a service even before the due time but not with this,she just wants to keep being driven and driven,so finally very happy to say,HAPPY TOYOTA FAMILY!
Ps:celebrating 11 years of Qualis this november and again sorry to all guys for not regularly updating or being of any use,sorry
milu2fast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2013, 20:19   #50
BHPian

Long delayed update (39000km). I am having issues with rattling,it started with the support for the rear tray that has the speakers,the weight has bend the plastic buttons and rattling badly. Temporary solution,reduced weight by giving extra support from sides and changed a few plastic buttons to screws. Another rattle from front dash console,haven't been able to find the reason but it happens when its driven in low rpms when there is a bit if vibration. Other than that changed tyres to Goodyear eagle F1 185/65 and she hugs corners better now though tyre noise has increased. Still delivers between 17-21kmpl depending on who drives (me or dad). The good part is I have been driving her pretty hard lately and liva is so composed with that. Regularly put her in corners well above 3digit speeds (so easily does it) and liva has no complaints. Still gives carpet ride over most roads and is so typical Toyota (needs no attention). Have had super upgrade in family but liva is still the one who does the most travelling and still seems ever ready and no special care. Hopefully issue will be resolved in upcoming service. Thumps up all the way.
Old 14th November 2013, 11:53   #51
BHPian

The rattle was resolved and surprise surprise it was the door. I haven't been able to get what was the actual issue but a few bikers have kissed the left rear door regularly and guess that was the issue. No issues to report but only praise. I am really going to stop updating about the Toyota cars in the family because I have nothing to add or subtract, it feels and drives and delivers exactly the same as day 1. Do your regular service and unless you have incidents ( bike hits, too much modification ) I guess your Toyota shouldn't behave any different.
Old 14th November 2013, 12:20   #52
BHPian

Almost forgot, has anybody had the problem of the headlight leveller knob going down automatically after say 5-10mins and sometimes it is absolutely trouble free. This is not really an issue and I am pretty sure it's a small loose contact kinda issue within the knob but has anybody had a similar issue?? Almost 50k kms and liva still has no plastic rattle, shame on you maruti
Old 14th November 2013, 20:20   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by milu2fast View Post
Almost forgot, has anybody had the problem of the headlight leveller knob going down automatically after say 5-10mins and sometimes it is absolutely trouble free. This is not really an issue and I am pretty sure it's a small loose contact kinda issue within the knob but has anybody had a similar issue?? Almost 50k kms and liva still has no plastic rattle, shame on you maruti
Possibly a supporting cable issue, and I dont think it needs any major repair.
Also excellent to know that the car is doing well at 50K Kms. Iam loving the ETIOS siblings after reading reviews likes these which has always pointed on low maintenance costs and good driving experience with them.Please keep this thread updated.

Thank You.
pdma is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote