Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2012, 14:42   #136
BHPian
 
A.G.The Rambler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 120
Thanked: 140 Times
Default Re: Celebrate Eleganza - Tata Manza Elan Quadrajet Celebration Edition !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Suraj View Post

But once again I went to now my ALL time favourite TCRS at Worli.
Tata Service Centers have improved a lot. In the last one 1.5 yrs my Manza is running 26000 + kilometers. It has been to the very very bad roads in JH, the himalayas, jungles and many other places in india and i am very fond of this vehicle. I have got good response from my service centers as well.
A.G.The Rambler is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2012, 19:10   #137
BHPian
 
Dr.Suraj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 565
Thanked: 959 Times
Default Re: Celebrate Eleganza - Tata Manza Elan Quadrajet Celebration Edition !

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.G.The Rambler View Post
Tata Service Centers have improved a lot. In the last one 1.5 yrs my Manza is running 26000 + kilometers. It has been to the very very bad roads in JH, the himalayas, jungles and many other places in india and i am very fond of this vehicle. I have got good response from my service centers as well.
Thank you for your reply!

Heartening to know that the improvement is across the country and not restricted to pockets and that genuinely things are getting better.

Hope fellow Tata customers also experience the change soon.

Wow - you have really enjoyed your Manza!
It does have significant comfort and good GC & excellent FE.
Dr.Suraj is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2012, 19:59   #138
BHPian
 
A.G.The Rambler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 120
Thanked: 140 Times
Default Re: Celebrate Eleganza - Tata Manza Elan Quadrajet Celebration Edition !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Suraj View Post
Thank you for your reply!

Heartening to know that the improvement is across the country and not restricted to pockets and that genuinely things are getting better.

Hope fellow Tata customers also experience the change soon.

Wow - you have really enjoyed your Manza!
It does have significant comfort and good GC & excellent FE.

Yes, my manza has brought me back safely from many difficult drives and it does have good comfort, GC and fuel efficiency with respect to similar sedans. The engine is too good and so is the suspension. Regular checkup and maintenance does a whole lot of good to the machine. The main let downs used to be and few still are the lethargic and unprofessional people at the service centers who does not care or understand about what customer satisfaction means to the company at large which did reflect in the sales figures of Tata in-spite of few good cars being coming to the market in the last couple of years.

The main issue with Tata and M&M with respect to other companies are after sales service and attention to details are not exquisite which people at large are very aware of these days. I love Tata and M&M cars as they understand the indian roads better than anybody but they do have a long way to go !
A.G.The Rambler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2012, 22:51   #139
BHPian
 
dhondusaxena's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Greater Noida
Posts: 109
Thanked: 40 Times
Default Re: Celebrate Eleganza - Tata Manza Elan Quadrajet Celebration Edition !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Suraj View Post
3. Few of these upgrades can be ported into existing Manza's (ofcourse for a price) like the HUD.
But they have not committed to the 'when' & 'how much'?
Shall update it here when I get the news.

4. Also got a look around the Storme - I have seen enough written about it on this forum. Won't delve too much into.
It looks FANTASTIC. The interiors with the wood paneling, and super comfortable.
But - BIGGEST let down. - SINGLE DIN music system! No scope to even upgrade it!
For a Safari - a vehicle that is expected to travel places, with such super interiors - it is but mandatory to have atleast a decent 2 DIN HUD like the Manza.

That's it for now - more updates as & when I come across ...


Oh & 1 more thing :

the 'Home Minister' has approved of a Nano ... finally.
She too was quite impressed & surprised to see this wonderful change in service at Tata (another cynic converted).

So should be getting a Nano soon - but that is another thread.


Editing - forgot this important bit:

There is a SOFTWARE update available for the existing HUDs (Blaupunkt) which not changes the font & graphics a bit - but more importantly - the MUTE button now does PAUSE the track. Unlike earlier.
HUD is 40k when I checked Oberoi Cars, Noida a couple of days back. Too steep I feel but the graphics and touch sensors were good.

Single Din in the Storme is a serious let down. Infact I didn't like the interiors much.

For the HUD Software upgrade, do we take it to the Blaupunkt Service Center?
dhondusaxena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2012, 23:40   #140
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 119
Thanked: 79 Times
Default Re: Celebrate Eleganza - Tata Manza Elan Quadrajet Celebration Edition !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Suraj View Post
Heartening to know that the improvement is across the country and not restricted to pockets and that genuinely things are getting better.

Hope fellow Tata customers also experience the change soon.
Manza or rather tata cars are excellent products from VFM point of view- simply unmatched. But having seen my close friend's ordeal with Manza for 18 months till the time he replaced it with another car, I vowed that there will be no Tatas for me-howsoever VFM they may be. Poor soul had everything replaced from bushes to front suspension arms , all 4 tires and what not, but the car would give jitters if moved beyond 70kmph.

But when customer experiences like yours come across, it surely means that there has been an effort to move in right direction. No product or company is perfect, however the acknowledgement of customer grievance and how it is addressed win the customer's confidence. Small steps like this will help Tatas in the long run.
headbanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2012, 01:26   #141
BHPian
 
Dr.Suraj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 565
Thanked: 959 Times
Default Re: Celebrate Eleganza - Tata Manza Elan Quadrajet Celebration Edition !

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.G.The Rambler View Post
Yes, my manza has brought me back safely from many difficult drives and it does have good comfort, GC and fuel efficiency with respect to similar sedans. The engine is too good and so is the suspension. Regular checkup and maintenance does a whole lot of good to the machine. The main let downs used to be and few still are the lethargic and unprofessional people at the service centers who does not care or understand about what customer satisfaction means to the company at large which did reflect in the sales figures of Tata in-spite of few good cars being coming to the market in the last couple of years.

The main issue with Tata and M&M with respect to other companies are after sales service and attention to details are not exquisite which people at large are very aware of these days. I love Tata and M&M cars as they understand the indian roads better than anybody but they do have a long way to go !
Totally agree. You hit the nail on the head there. Both Tata & M&M. Perfectly put.

I look at it this way -
I am going to face some problems with either brand:
e.g. Nightmarish A.S.S. with Skoda
expensive parts with Honda
ridiculously expensive service with VW
poor network & support with Nissan & Renault

So why not give a chance to our very own Tata & M&M.
If nothing it drives our country's economy better.

& Tata's CSR (though never blowing their own trumpet) is worth applauding.

Extremely glad to have met someone who shares the same views.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhondusaxena View Post
HUD is 40k when I checked Oberoi Cars, Noida a couple of days back. Too steep I feel but the graphics and touch sensors were good.

Single Din in the Storme is a serious let down. Infact I didn't like the interiors much.

For the HUD Software upgrade, do we take it to the Blaupunkt Service Center?
40k! Seriously???

Woah - that puts a BIG question mark for me. No doubt the HUD was quite awesome - but 40k?! Damn!

Storme's biggest let down is it's feature list.

HUD - software upgrade - yes - Blaupunkt did it. It was not done at the T.A.S.S. - but I don't know if you are supposed to just walk into Blaupunkt or go through the Tata channel.

Frankly, from what I have heard - Blaupunkt is not very co-operative or responsible. Going through the right authority would be nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by headbanger View Post
Manza or rather tata cars are excellent products from VFM point of view- simply unmatched. But having seen my close friend's ordeal with Manza for 18 months till the time he replaced it with another car, I vowed that there will be no Tatas for me-howsoever VFM they may be. Poor soul had everything replaced from bushes to front suspension arms , all 4 tires and what not, but the car would give jitters if moved beyond 70kmph.

But when customer experiences like yours come across, it surely means that there has been an effort to move in right direction. No product or company is perfect, however the acknowledgement of customer grievance and how it is addressed win the customer's confidence. Small steps like this will help Tatas in the long run.
I feel really bad to hear that!

To be honest, post my Indica - even we were sworn against Tata's - but my 1st ride in the Manza changed it all and we fell in there again.

But touchwood it has been a FANTASTIC journey so far.
So much so - that I just booked a Nano special edition yesterday!

And yes - definitely good, concrete steps in the right direction.
Let's just hope for the best.

Maybe your friend got that WORST piece of them all. Really sad. :(
Dr.Suraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2012, 10:10   #142
Senior - BHPian
 
motomaverick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,838
Thanked: 864 Times
Default Re: Celebrate Eleganza - Tata Manza Elan Quadrajet Celebration Edition !

Doc how do you feel about GC when the vehicle is laden with 5 adults including the driver. My car easily touches any high speed breakers if I do not slow down to almost a stop. Plus on uneven forest roads, where a Santro easily goes through the Manza touched near the engine protection plate on a couple of rocks.

Are there any settings that you are aware of? I am planning to take it to TASS to get them checked.
motomaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2012, 12:12   #143
BHPian
 
dhondusaxena's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Greater Noida
Posts: 109
Thanked: 40 Times
Default Re: Celebrate Eleganza - Tata Manza Elan Quadrajet Celebration Edition !

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Doc how do you feel about GC when the vehicle is laden with 5 adults including the driver. My car easily touches any high speed breakers if I do not slow down to almost a stop. Plus on uneven forest roads, where a Santro easily goes through the Manza touched near the engine protection plate on a couple of rocks.

Are there any settings that you are aware of? I am planning to take it to TASS to get them checked.
I have had this trouble when I was driving to Mussorrie with 5 adults + 2 kids and luggage in the boot. Had to actually come to a stand still when crossing any speedbreaker. But its normal with so much weight. As long as you are not bumping hard into anything its okay. Get your car checked for any damages.

Santro or any hatchback for that matter has different spacing of front & rear wheels as compared to a sedan(IMHO) and hatchbacks obviously have a better ground clearance. I never bumped my Indica but was surprized with Manza.
dhondusaxena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2012, 12:33   #144
Senior - BHPian
 
motomaverick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,838
Thanked: 864 Times
Default Re: Celebrate Eleganza - Tata Manza Elan Quadrajet Celebration Edition !

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhondusaxena View Post
I have had this trouble when I was driving to Mussorrie with 5 adults + 2 kids and luggage in the boot. Had to actually come to a stand still when crossing any speedbreaker. But its normal with so much weight. As long as you are not bumping hard into anything its okay. Get your car checked for any damages.

Santro or any hatchback for that matter has different spacing of front & rear wheels as compared to a sedan(IMHO) and hatchbacks obviously have a better ground clearance. I never bumped my Indica but was surprized with Manza.
More than ground clearance its the way the suspension is setup with Manza, for comfort, hence, they travel long when depressed. Let me check with the TASS if anything can be done as there is a Ladakh trip also coming up next year.
motomaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2012, 11:38   #145
BHPian
 
Dr.Suraj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 565
Thanked: 959 Times
Default Re: Celebrate Eleganza - Tata Manza Elan Quadrajet Celebration Edition !

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Doc how do you feel about GC when the vehicle is laden with 5 adults including the driver. My car easily touches any high speed breakers if I do not slow down to almost a stop. Plus on uneven forest roads, where a Santro easily goes through the Manza touched near the engine protection plate on a couple of rocks.

Are there any settings that you are aware of? I am planning to take it to TASS to get them checked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhondusaxena View Post
I have had this trouble when I was driving to Mussorrie with 5 adults + 2 kids and luggage in the boot. Had to actually come to a stand still when crossing any speedbreaker. But its normal with so much weight. As long as you are not bumping hard into anything its okay. Get your car checked for any damages.

Santro or any hatchback for that matter has different spacing of front & rear wheels as compared to a sedan(IMHO) and hatchbacks obviously have a better ground clearance. I never bumped my Indica but was surprized with Manza.
Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
More than ground clearance its the way the suspension is setup with Manza, for comfort, hence, they travel long when depressed. Let me check with the TASS if anything can be done as there is a Ladakh trip also coming up next year.

To be honest - the max I have had is 4 adults & heavy luggage on long journeys. 5 such trips to be precise.
Not really faced an issue as mentioned by you.
But then to be honest - they were not forest roads. At max they were some horrible horrible tar roads with rocks.

I have had 6 adults in a short city trip with NO problems whatsoever.
Through some horrible roads. & this happened 3 times.
No issues there.

The Manza has individual suspensions - especially at the REAR - I remember a guy from the plant telling me this - which increases the comfort for the rear seat.

Probably the cause for your issues?
Or the heavy luggage in the BIG boot?
Dr.Suraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2012, 12:05   #146
Senior - BHPian
 
motomaverick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,838
Thanked: 864 Times
Default Re: Celebrate Eleganza - Tata Manza Elan Quadrajet Celebration Edition !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Suraj View Post

The Manza has individual suspensions - especially at the REAR - I remember a guy from the plant telling me this - which increases the comfort for the rear seat.

Probably the cause for your issues?
Or the heavy luggage in the BIG boot?
Luggage was not so heavy i think somewhere around 10kgs with 5 adults totaling 323 kgs (I am the heaviest ), so if you see it is well within the load carrying capacity of the car but it was strange that the front portion is what touched couple of rocks near the engine guard, it has in fact become loose. The speed on those road must be a max of 5-8kph as it was uphill as well.

I think the GC is going quite low with 5 adults and the car touches the jack points and sometimes the engine guard. If nothing can be done then I am planning to put spacers.
motomaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2012, 14:55   #147
BHPian
 
dhondusaxena's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Greater Noida
Posts: 109
Thanked: 40 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick

More than ground clearance its the way the suspension is setup with Manza, for comfort, hence, they travel long when depressed. Let me check with the TASS if anything can be done as there is a Ladakh trip also coming up next year.
Ladhakh trip even I want to do and want to drive. It wud be great to do in my Manza. Shall be following you closely for any learnings from your preparations and experience on return. :-)
dhondusaxena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2012, 10:08   #148
Senior - BHPian
 
motomaverick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,838
Thanked: 864 Times
Default Re: Celebrate Eleganza - Tata Manza Elan Quadrajet Celebration Edition !

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhondusaxena View Post
Ladhakh trip even I want to do and want to drive. It wud be great to do in my Manza. Shall be following you closely for any learnings from your preparations and experience on return. :-)
Why dont you join us from Noida, we already have one Vista VX joining from Hyderabad, it might be a all Tata Ladakh drive
motomaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2012, 12:35   #149
BHPian
 
dhondusaxena's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Greater Noida
Posts: 109
Thanked: 40 Times
Default Re: Celebrate Eleganza - Tata Manza Elan Quadrajet Celebration Edition !

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Why dont you join us from Noida, we already have one Vista VX joining from Hyderabad, it might be a all Tata Ladakh drive
Not a bad idea. What are the dates we are looking at? Are families also traveling?
dhondusaxena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2012, 10:46   #150
BHPian
 
Dr.Suraj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 565
Thanked: 959 Times
Default Re: Celebrate Eleganza - Tata Manza Elan Quadrajet Celebration Edition !

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Luggage was not so heavy i think somewhere around 10kgs with 5 adults totaling 323 kgs (I am the heaviest ), so if you see it is well within the load carrying capacity of the car but it was strange that the front portion is what touched couple of rocks near the engine guard, it has in fact become loose. The speed on those road must be a max of 5-8kph as it was uphill as well.

I think the GC is going quite low with 5 adults and the car touches the jack points and sometimes the engine guard. If nothing can be done then I am planning to put spacers.
Steep slopes with rocks?
Nope - havent really tried that.

I had steep slopes on many occassions - amby valley, lavasa etc. But not with rocks.

I too shall keep a lookout for such a thing and if you do go ahead with the spacers - please do update us with details!


And all the best to both of you for the Ladakh trip!
Hope you have a WONDERFUL time and loads & loads of pics!

And seriously - try contacting Tata - they might follow your journey and publish it in the monthly newsletter.
Dr.Suraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TATA Indigo Manza Elan Quadrajet -Ownership Review. sai_ace Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 25 12th July 2014 21:39
Tata Manza Elan: 2 Months - 4200 Kms Report Diesel9999 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 18 4th January 2012 18:03
Tata to launch manza celebration edition soon PAVAN KADAM The Indian Car Scene 14 2nd November 2011 03:18


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 19:07.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks