Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2015, 20:26   #166
BHPian
 
newtonMeter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 498
Thanked: 332 Times
Default

Well I had a bad experience with brembo pads! Too much squealing . similar to xuv issues. I had changed to brembo pads and brembo discs. The discs are better metallurgy for sure but the pads I feel are inferior . now with brembo discs and tvs OEM pads I am happy. On some research the brembo pads have lower leather content compared to tvs
newtonMeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2015, 22:30   #167
BHPian
 
Rachit.K.Dogra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 686
Thanked: 630 Times
Default re: My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300 KMPH View Post
Hey Rachit! Thanks for your help. I finally got Michelin XM2s on my vento. My old Apollos had some 3000 kms life left in them though. Changed to Michelins at approx 47,000 kms.

Here is a pic:
Hey, Thanks for the update. 47000 Kms is a very good mileage from the first set in my opinion. I got my first set changed at 38500 Kms. The JKs were getting unbearably hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonMeter View Post
Well I had a bad experience with brembo pads! Too much squealing . similar to xuv issues. I had changed to brembo pads and brembo discs. The discs are better metallurgy for sure but the pads I feel are inferior . now with brembo discs and tvs OEM pads I am happy. On some research the brembo pads have lower leather content compared to tvs
So I have the stock disc and brembo pads. There is light squealing most of the times. It goes when the Pads heat up a bit. I have found these to be better in the initial bite and the fade departments. Lets see how long they live up.
Your combination is very nice too. I will look out for a feedback on how your setup performs in the longer run, so that when I have to make a switch next time, I can try the Brembo discs too.
Thanks for the updates sir.

Regards
Rachit
Rachit.K.Dogra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2015, 22:25   #168
BHPian
 
Rachit.K.Dogra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 686
Thanked: 630 Times
Default re: My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12

@Mods: Kindly Change the Title of the thread to:
My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 60,000 Kms update on Pg 12

This is the first time my car did not do 15K Kms in 1 year. A toddler at home changes things, I guess.

I had started recieving multiple calls from the VW service center for reminding me of the service. We were still short by around 1500 Kms. A roadtrip was planned for hometown in Himachal in a couple of weeks. I thought of getting the car serviced after the trip. This actually led me exceeding 15K Kms service interval by around 500-700 odd Kms. The car performed normally and no major complaints except for Clutch and Gearbox becoming slightly clunky.

As soon as I came back, got an appointment for the service. I would say, this time the service experience was better. My biggest complaint with VW service center has been the time they take to service the car. Since I take the car myself, and I see them waisting hours before anybody touches the car, I know that they can do a better job in this area. In my last service I had given this feedback as well and had recieved followup calls from the service center promising improvements for my next visit.

This time, I didnt take any risk. As soon as I got to meet the service advisor, I immediately told him that last time I had given such a feedback and I want my car in about 3.5 hours without wheel balancing and allignment. He was not ready to accept it first, but my pressure forced him to put 'Urgent' on the job card. One welcome change was, that he said you can see the work getting done on your car, where previously they were not happy with me roaming in the service area. This time nobody stopped me and they did end up delivering the car back to me in 3 hours. The time taken to open and close Job cards also have significantly reduced as now they have a dedicated person to enter Job cards on the computer rather than service advisors which earlier took nearly half an hour.

Overall, the service experience was satisfactory. They were ready to listen to me. Even though because of pressure of time they seemed rushed, but for the most part they didnt seem to skip on the quality of work. I realized these are complicated cars and some tasks in them does take more time. Delivering the car back in 3 hours meant the mechanic was on it from the word go and almost worked without stopping for 3 hours except for time taken in getting stuff from Spares counter.

There were no issues with the car, except for Viper Blades change. Everything else was BAU. The mechanic reported some gap in the CAP of suspension, minor crack in lower suspension arm, but the service advisor said these were minor and no need to replace anything. I accepted his suggestion as while driving also nothing felt out of place and there was no suspension noise.

Damages:
10500 (Including the Viper Blades, excluding Wheel balancing and allignment)
I had some spare engine oil lying in the boot from the previous services. That I think saved me a couple of 100 bucks. I think VW has reduced some prices marginally like Dust and Pollen Filter used to be around 800, this time it was around 500. Surprisingly, I saw the one that came out and honestly it looked as fresh as new. Hardly any signs of dust on it, which was surprising. Probably because I dont drive the car in Fresh Air mode.

On a closing note, very happy with the car. Tyre and Brake pads upgrade have even improved the driving experience further. Would buy the same car in the segment if given a choice again.

Here are a few pics:
On the way back from Himachal
My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-img_3714.jpg

My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-img_3715.jpg

My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-img_3718.jpg

The bill
My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-img_3747.jpg

Last edited by Rachit.K.Dogra : 2nd August 2015 at 22:29.
Rachit.K.Dogra is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2015, 10:14   #169
Senior - BHPian
 
Vik0728's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,681
Thanked: 2,020 Times
Default re: My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post

My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 60,000 Kms update
Awesome Rachit and considering the fact that I own the 1.6 GT and know how that Engine drives, your car shade is a total 'Blueberry' man!!

Wish you many more happy mile munching.

Quote:

On a closing note, very happy with the car. Would buy the same car in the segment if given a choice again.

You bet!! I personally feel that once you start living with the German Engineering, unless you run out of luck with certain aspects, there would be nothing else that can truly suffice you like the way these machines do !!
Vik0728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2015, 20:01   #170
BHPian
 
Rachit.K.Dogra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 686
Thanked: 630 Times
Default re: My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Awesome Rachit and considering the fact that I own the 1.6 GT and know how that Engine drives, your car shade is a total 'Blueberry' man!!

Wish you many more happy mile munching.




You bet!! I personally feel that once you start living with the German Engineering, unless you run out of luck with certain aspects, there would be nothing else that can truly suffice you like the way these machines do !!
Thank you very much for your wishes and Congratulations on the GT.

I completely agree with you on the German Engineering part. I do feel we need to be slightly careful with them on our less than ideal driving conditions. But if you do, they do reward you. Most of my running is on highways, going to Chandigarh or Himachal to my hometown. The car has seen some really bad roads. But it does not show any of it. Still drives like it was new for the most part, rather smoother and quieter with no rattles.

Regards
Rachit
Rachit.K.Dogra is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2017, 00:20   #171
BHPian
 
Rachit.K.Dogra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 686
Thanked: 630 Times
Default re: My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12

This year again, my car did not complete 15K Kms in one year. I think overall my usage has come down a bit. But I have been following the 15K Km service interval method. So as soon as the car touched 14500 Kms since the last service, I booked an appointment for the service.

There were 3 issues with the car:
1) Front Left Shocker had a minor leak
2) Front Shocker mountings had some play
3) Tappets had minor engine oil leak

All these three issues have been there in the last service as well, but the service adviser suggested that they were not bad enough to change parts yet. This time I was sort of prepared to get the front shocks changed. I had done a lot of reading as was really confused between OEM, TRW or the Sachs one's. I told myself, I will check what the service center has and then decide.

This time again, I told them that they need to make sure a quick delivery. I know most of the service advisers now. There was some new guy assigned to me. He was not there when I reached, so I asked one that I knew to take my car in and he obliged. I asked him politely to make an effort for timely delivery. My observations of this particular service station are that they waist a lot of time initially before even starting to work on car. Well, this time around also it was the same. Generally they start working on cars around 11-11.30 although the first intake of cars happen around 9.30.

I told him about the 3 issues and here was the plan. For the tappet thing, he asked do I feel any loss of power or any difference in behavior of the car, to which I replied No. He said, don't need to do anything then and they will not repair it, but replace it if required and a new tappet cover costs 18K or something.

For the shocks, we went to the store and to my surprise they had the german one's in stock which came with my car. They were twice the price of the Indian made one's which they also had in stock but what was reassuring is that they had the Made in Germany one's. The Indian one's were around 3700 pair and German one's were around 8400 pair. He checked my VIN and said the german one's would go in my car. My service adviser again was not very keen on getting them replaced yet. He asked me if there was any kind of suspension noise or anything from the car, I said no. He said no need to change now. I asked him what if the german one's go out of stock, he said don't worry they will get them imported for me if I request for those specifically. This was different than what I heard from other member's experience. But I put my faith in him. Same response for Shocker Mounts, if there is no noise or you are not observing any problems while driving, don't change yet. If the problem gets worse, get it changed then.

As much I wanted to get this stuff changed, I didn't mind saving 15K too. So I agreed.

One another observation that we made was, the OEM replacement brembo brake pads that I have had nearly eaten the brake disc. They had quite a good amount of life left after 30K KMs, but the brake discs were low on life. So I am thinking I might go for the OEM replacement brembo brake discs next time as I love these pads. They don't offer a lot of extra power per say over OEM pads, but these just don't fade. I am from Himachal and I visit home town twice or thrice a year. While on hills the fade free performance does make a perceivable difference over stock one's.

So apart from this, there was nothing much required to be done on the car. I get the balancing and alignment done from outside. They were done in a pretty decent time. The let me go before lunch, which was their best performance till date.

Overall a satisfactory experience this time too with the service center. They did seem a bit more customer focused this time and was constantly checking for what feedback I would give. They allowed me to roam freely in the service area and I can say, that things looked a slight bit better than before.

Coming back to the car, after service it feels refreshed as it generally does after the service. Clutch feels a bit lighter and overall it feels smoother. Very happy with the car and it continues to put a smile on your face many times when you are in the mood.

Damages:
9500 (Excluding Wheel balancing and alignment)
On a closing note, very happy with the car. Tyre and Brake pads upgrade have even improved the driving experience further. Would buy the same car in the segment if given a choice again.

Picture of the Bill
My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12-new-picture.png

I have not been clicking a lot of pictures of the car recently. Need to do that and then will upload.

CHEERS!!

Rachit

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 18th February 2017 at 00:25. Reason: Please use the report post function to bring thread title requests to our notice. Thanks.
Rachit.K.Dogra is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2017, 11:09   #172
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: India
Posts: 199
Thanked: 136 Times
Default re: My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
...
For the shocks, we went to the store and to my surprise they had the german one's in stock which came with my car. They were twice the price of the Indian made one's which they also had in stock but what was reassuring is that they had the Made in Germany one's. The Indian one's were around 3700 pair and German one's were around 8400 pair. He checked my VIN and said the german one's would go in my car. My service adviser again was not very keen on getting them replaced yet. He asked me if there was any kind of suspension noise or anything from the car, I said no. He said no need to change now. I asked him what if the german one's go out of stock, he said don't worry they will get them imported for me if I request for those specifically. This was different than what I heard from other member's experience. But I put my faith in him. Same response for Shocker Mounts, if there is no noise or you are not observing any problems while driving, don't change yet. If the problem gets worse, get it changed then.
...
I have recently had the front shock absorbers replaced. There do not seem to be any issues with procuring the German heavy duty shocks for the dealership now. Things changed quite a lot after I wrote about it to the VW India MD.

Anyhow, you can check out the import records at Zauba. https://www.zauba.com/import-6r0-413...j-hs-code.html

P.S. The Indian shock dampers costing nearly half, are oil filled dampers, as opposed to the gas-assisted German ones. As per the dealership, I go to, there are Indian gas-assisted dampers too, costing pretty much the same as the German ones.
halfbytecode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2017, 11:49   #173
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: India
Posts: 199
Thanked: 136 Times
Default re: My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12

Could you tell me where exactly the special lubricant (G 052 172 A2) was used?

Mods: Sorry for the back to back posts, but the time window for editing my previous post expired.
halfbytecode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2017, 01:26   #174
BHPian
 
Rachit.K.Dogra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 686
Thanked: 630 Times
Default re: My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfbytecode View Post
I have recently had the front shock absorbers replaced. There do not seem to be any issues with procuring the German heavy duty shocks for the dealership now. Things changed quite a lot after I wrote about it to the VW India MD.

Anyhow, you can check out the import records at Zauba. https://www.zauba.com/import-6r0-413...j-hs-code.html

P.S. The Indian shock dampers costing nearly half, are oil filled dampers, as opposed to the gas-assisted German ones. As per the dealership, I go to, there are Indian gas-assisted dampers too, costing pretty much the same as the German ones.
Yup, I had read your post and experience of fighting VW to get the German one's for your car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfbytecode View Post
Could you tell me where exactly the special lubricant (G 052 172 A2) was used?

Mods: Sorry for the back to back posts, but the time window for editing my previous post expired.
I am not 100% sure, but I think it might be Viper Washer Fluid concentrate.

Rachit
Rachit.K.Dogra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2017, 14:51   #175
BHPian
 
newtonMeter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 498
Thanked: 332 Times
Default Re: My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfbytecode View Post
Could you tell me where exactly the special lubricant (G 052 172 A2) was used?

Mods: Sorry for the back to back posts, but the time window for editing my previous post expired.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
Yup, I had read your post and experience of fighting VW to get the German one's for your car.



I am not 100% sure, but I think it might be Viper Washer Fluid concentrate.

Rachit
G 052 172 A2 is a rubber sealent - most probably used on the window lining or any rubber leakage

https://www.diyauto.com/manufacturer...by-paneuropean
newtonMeter is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2017, 22:34   #176
BHPian
 
Rachit.K.Dogra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 686
Thanked: 630 Times
Default Re: My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonMeter View Post
G 052 172 A2 is a rubber sealent - most probably used on the window lining or any rubber leakage

https://www.diyauto.com/manufacturer...by-paneuropean
Thank you Newton Meter.
I notice a change in your signature?
You sold the Laura and got the Superb? I didn't read about this update.

Rachit
Rachit.K.Dogra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2017, 11:12   #177
BHPian
 
newtonMeter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 498
Thanked: 332 Times
Default Re: My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
Thank you Newton Meter.
I notice a change in your signature?
You sold the Laura and got the Superb? I didn't read about this update.

Rachit
yup buddy! needed a sedated drive as now I am responsible father ownership blog coming soon.
newtonMeter is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2017, 15:56   #178
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: BBS/TVM
Posts: 175
Thanked: 53 Times
Default Re: My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12

Hi Rachit,

Nicely compiled updates. I have just been pointed out (actually in january during last service visit) by the SA that there is a leak from tappet cover, but again he refused to do anything about it and said come back in a month before your warranty expires. My extended warranty expires in March (car has done 45k). I left the car at workshop today and he is not sure whether tappet cover change is covered under warranty. Do you have any idea? Thanks.
stringbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2017, 23:33   #179
BHPian
 
Rachit.K.Dogra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 686
Thanked: 630 Times
Default Re: My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by stringbh View Post
Hi Rachit,

Nicely compiled updates. I have just been pointed out (actually in january during last service visit) by the SA that there is a leak from tappet cover, but again he refused to do anything about it and said come back in a month before your warranty expires. My extended warranty expires in March (car has done 45k). I left the car at workshop today and he is not sure whether tappet cover change is covered under warranty. Do you have any idea? Thanks.
Hi,

Thank you for your kind words.
I did see your query in the other thread as well. I didn't have extended warranty on my car, so I am not familiar with what all is covered. To me, logically it should be covered as it is not a wear and tear item. You might have to push back and fight a bit to get it changed under warranty, but I think you should definitely try.

I apologize and sincerely wish I could have helped more. All I know is that they would not repair it and the new tappet cover is around 18K.
But I feel it should be covered under the warranty.

Best of luck!!

Rachit
Rachit.K.Dogra is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2017, 09:41   #180
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: BBS/TVM
Posts: 175
Thanked: 53 Times
Default Re: My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
All I know is that they would not repair it and the new tappet cover is around 18K.
But I feel it should be covered under the warranty.
So you paid for the same? Please do PM me the bill, if possible.

In my case, first I was told tapper cover has to be changed which would be covered under extended warranty and I was also asked to come back in a month. Labor cost would be 5k which I might have to pay and I agreed.

Now, they gave me full bill of 26k! And now again they are doing full diagnosis. No consistency.
stringbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
VW Vento TDI Highline 2012 refresh (1st service Update) pc73 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 81 27th June 2016 06:34
The VW Vento TDi Highline: 2 Year, 30K Update siddharthdeb Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 50 11th April 2016 18:43
White VW Vento Highline TDI: 61,000 kms / 4th service report nikesh Long-Term Ownership Reviews 26 13th January 2014 13:29
Tales Of Bagheera - My Black Panther aka VW Vento TDI Highline - First Service Update samarjitdhar Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 87 29th August 2012 18:57


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 21:37.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks