Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 18th November 2011, 14:29   #16
BHPian

Default Re: The Black Beauty - My VW Jetta Comfortline 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BalaSNKL View Post
[*]Steering mounted control for music system - I would have expected the prev/next buttons to take you to the prev/next preset FM station, but it doesn't. Instead, it starts tuning backward or forward.
I fiddled around that piece a bit. Looks like when you come back from MUTE / have pressed the dummy phone button it does go on the seek mode. But once you touch the volume up / down buttons it starts working as it should be - taking you to the next / prev preset FM station
vkaul1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2011, 23:32   #17
Senior - BHPian

Many many congratulations to you for your purchase. The car looks stunning in black and it was the colour you were eyeing for since day one isn't it??

The new Jetta is a great car but has one major design flaw which many may have not even noticed - "the boot escape/exit". This feature is present in all the VWs on sale barring the Vento wherein you put down the rear seat from inside the car 60:40 and escape through the trunk which has a mechanical lever hidden inside. This feature is life saving in situations where one is locked in the car with windows and doors being jammed. It is a small thing but is yet a very big life saver.

Now the working of this in the new Jetta is absolutely bizarre. First you reach out to your car key, then swipe it in a slot next to the left rear headrest and yet you will manage to unlock only 40% of the seat and mind you there is no provision to put down the other 60% anywhere inside. Now if one is anything wider than slim he will just have to exercise to become slim enough to use this feature as he will never fit in the 40% gap and thus would be stuck in the car. If the previous Jetta could have a practical and usable mechanism for the rear seat, why not the new 1?? I don't understand the logic behind this.

Mr. Bala and other new Jetta owners who have tried this feature, your take on this??
S2!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2011, 01:03   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkaul1 View Post
I fiddled around that piece a bit. Looks like when you come back from MUTE / have pressed the dummy phone button it does go on the seek mode. But once you touch the volume up / down buttons it starts working as it should be - taking you to the next / prev preset FM station
Wow! I hope this works on my Jetta! Will try it out tomorrow and post the result!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
....There are very few (new) Jetta ownership threads out here.
A thread per month seems pretty decent for a car of this segment, no?
There are already 4 threads including Rudra's review.

Quote:
Wanted to physically check out Silver Leaf and waited for a week for the first delivery from VW Downtown which incidentally was for "lamboguy".
Yay! I'm in your report!
Congratulations once again on your purchase! She really looks hot in black!
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2011, 02:34   #19
BHPian

Congrats on the vehicle. And black looks good on most vehicles and on Jetta it is looking awesome. Wish you a lot of happy miles ahead and hope it serves you as good as your previous corolla if not much better.

Quote:
Two red laser lights on the front reading light panel which gives a nice reddish soft lighting in the cabin at night.
Could you please post some pics of these lights? I am very curious to see how they look. Also some pics of interiors would be great.

Also as swiftnfurious mentioned, just go to the VW service showroom itself and ask them to spray water at full force from the top where you have found the leakage earlier. And though this would not replicate rainy conditions, water from this jet will be with much more force. So you will be able to check for water leakage. Hope that this problem is solved as soon as possible.

Also waiting 9 months for this would be too much far away and my suggestion is to be sure about the problem being rectified when the car is new so that showroom people will also take more care in ensuring that you are a happy customer.
himavanth_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2011, 15:27   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
Great color....Hope you get some collinites and micro fibres to keep that glossy look forever.

The black with darker sun films makes this car one of the finest for eyes.

Maintaining the black just makes you live closer to this beauty.
Thanks VW2010. Well, I had absolutely no idea of Collinites and microfibres, but am an enlightened one now. Have read up the forum thread on the subject, spoken to Sanjay and placed order. Awaiting shipment and delivery.
BalaSNKL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2011, 13:26   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
Wow! I hope this works on my Jetta! Will try it out tomorrow and post the result!
Did it work for you?
Old 24th November 2011, 02:26   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks VW2010. Well, I had absolutely no idea of Collinites and microfibres, but am an enlightened one now. Have read up the forum thread on the subject, spoken to Sanjay and placed order. Awaiting shipment and delivery.
Bala, please guide me to the thread you are talking about and also how to place the order with this Sanjay. Thanks.
druk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2011, 09:59   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by druk75 View Post
Bala, please guide me to the thread you are talking about and also how to place the order with this Sanjay. Thanks.
druk75: The url for the thread is hereunder:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ite-845-a.html (Most durable wax I have encountered - Collinite 845)

You can write to Sanjay on sanjay@bringingbest.com. You can also look up his website www.bringingbest.com, New Delhi, India. He is very prompt responding to your queries. Usually, he responds to queries on the same day, but late at night. He will also call you if you wish to speak and understand specifics.
BalaSNKL is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2011, 15:20   #24
BHPian

Congratulations on the Jetta. Good choice and color. Can you please upload some interior pictures and more exterior shots?
Y@SH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2012, 13:40   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkaul1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
Guys sometimes this works but other times it does not. Especially when you move across to other cities.

So did a dekko of the settings & the proper way of getting it fixed is:-

Settings -> Radio -> Seek Mode -> Change the selection from station list to Preset List that does it.

Last edited by vkaul1 : 9th January 2012 at 13:42.
Old 11th January 2012, 23:04   #26
BHPian

@ Bala - congrats on your Jetta and a nice review

I never thought Jetta is such a great car but now i stand corrected

Had a chance to experience the car as my friend bought a Silver comfortline Jetta .

Power delivery is awesome and braking too!!

Rear legroom is great and i wish ACC should have been there and if the daytime lights are white
Like you mentioned i too felt stiffness of suspension at low speeds

After the drive i have become a Jetta fan

Thats amazing FE figures you are getting , my friend manages 13-14 kpl,he tends to speed a lot

He is enjoying car to max happily crunching miles , done 1300km in 3 weeks,His primary colour choice too was black but was not readily available here

Was wondering why rudrasen voted for jetta in COTY , now i understood

Last edited by crazybiker46 : 11th January 2012 at 23:06.
crazybiker46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2012, 00:12   #27
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your new car. It looks stunning in black. Your buying process specially decision making process was very interesting to read. You have taken a well thought decision. Happy miles.
Ym-enjn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2012, 21:30   #28

your black beauty is awe-inspiring. Some people say that the Jetta's styling is bland, I say get your eyes examined... its more mature and refined.

And IMHO its styling is right up there with other classics such as W124 Mercedes Benz.
NFSfan#1 is offline   Reply With Quote