Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 12th November 2011, 19:01   #31
BHPian

Default Re: XUV-5OO W8 FWD Satin White: Buying experince and initial ownership

I tried playing videos through USB.The HU player recognizes .avi ,.divix extensions through USB. The video even played while driving there was no blocking of video content while driving as claimed by M&M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikrider View Post
Good write up falcon... and congrats for the car! right decision!

you inquired with the service guys about the ICE as you said... can you also please ask them if possible about the speakers, like can we change them for better output. so the final setup would be like --> bigger and better speakers + woofer + amp for speakers + amp for woofer (so total two amps if required) and does it interfere with the warranty? coz I asked the SA at the dealership and he said that you may loose the warranty on the HU if you change the speakers.

Yes you can change the speakers.Splicing of wires are not required as pre-outs are available on HU.

and also if you can please check if there is a button on the steering to change the folder or track while listening to ipod or from USB stick/Hard disk. I see volume buttons and besides them phone on and off while using it on bluetooth but no button for changing track and folder. I think they double as track changing buttons too but please confirm about this.
Yes the phone buttons on steering wheel can be used to change tracks while playing music.
Check the pictures below of HU

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannubhai View Post

Floor mats : They dont fit in properly. A good chance of your shoe getting stuck and it sits over the dead pedal which can also get u stuck there. I have given these feedbacks to the M&M senior management guys who visited me other day. They have promised to look in to this. Till then be little careful .
Yes even i observed this ,its because of the raised stitching on drivers side floor mat.
Could you please check for jarring sound in your car while laying music with little heavy on bass from USB.
Attached Thumbnails
XUV500 W8 FWD Satin White: Buying experince and initial ownership-photo0254.jpg  

f@lcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2011, 10:54   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikrider

by sound processor do you mean something like equiliser which will enhance the sound? can you please give some example by posting some links or pics so we can have some idea? also if you have already seen something for your XUV or installed on your XUV than please post pictures for the same. will be of great help. thanks.
Do u have any sound processor vendor/model number for reference ?
Ranga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2011, 17:16   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f@lcon View Post
Could you please check for jarring sound in your car while laying music with little heavy on bass from USB.
[/b]
No. I have not faced an issue. Did some metallica and stuff.. No jarring .
mannubhai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2011, 21:35   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikrider View Post
by sound processor do you mean something like equiliser which will enhance the sound? can you please give some example by posting some links or pics so we can have some idea? also if you have already seen something for your XUV or installed on your XUV than please post pictures for the same. will be of great help. thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranga View Post
Do u have any sound processor vendor/model number for reference ?
To answer your question, please look at the following link. This will explain things. Also this is what i am buying for my XUV
Audison - Music Expression
nitinralli is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2011, 17:42   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
To answer your question, please look at the following link. This will explain things. Also this is what i am buying for my XUV

Any idea on how is this priced ?

This will help many of the XUV owners to set budgets for there ICE . There are many prospetive XUV buyers who have shied away looking @ XUV only due to stay with the OE Head set .
Old 15th November 2011, 18:59   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranga View Post

Any idea on how is this priced ?

This will help many of the XUV owners to set budgets for there ICE . There are many prospetive XUV buyers who have shied away looking @ XUV only due to stay with the OE Head set .
This one is for rs 20990.
You can get cheaper ones like Alpines etc from US if that's possible. Would cost you around 11-15K.
nitinralli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2011, 19:30   #37
BANNED

COngratulations alot on buying the New XUV500.
It looks simply awesome.

Btw, are the Chrome applique(on the top of front grille & rear reg.plate) are the Optional bits or came as a standard fitment.
CRtorquefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2011, 21:52   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRtorquefan View Post
It looks simply awesome.

Btw, are the Chrome applique(on the top of front grille & rear reg.plate) are the Optional bits or came as a standard fitment.
Those are optional kit available with dealers. You can pick and choose which ever you want, you don't have to buy the complete package.
nitinralli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2011, 11:42   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post

Below is the link i found in the web which has a detailed product info on the Bit Ten D Audio processor . From what i read this is worth adding to any ICE set up .

http://www.raysmith.co.uk/media/cata...itTen_2011.pdf
Old 17th November 2011, 11:58   #40

Congrats on your New XUV :-). I got the same model and color day before.

The first few drives have been great :-). XUV is an absolute head turner and I have been spending quite a while showing the car to friends at office and my apartment.

On a different note, has anyone tried out the GPS? My GPS managed to lock into satellites only once and that too for a short while. At the same time my Android phone is easily able to lock in GPS while the navigator in XUV continues to "search".

Has anyone faced this?
mak10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2011, 16:44   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mak10 View Post

The first few drives have been great :-). XUV is an absolute head turner and I have been spending quite a while showing the car to friends at office and my apartment.

On a different note, has anyone tried out the GPS? My GPS managed to lock into satellites only once and that too for a short while. At the same time my Android phone is easily able to lock in GPS while the navigator in XUV continues to "search".

Has anyone faced this?
Congratulations for your new beast mak10. Time to start a new ownership thread
naveenchhillar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2011, 20:54   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannubhai View Post
No. I have not faced an issue. Did some metallica and stuff.. No jarring .
Thanks Mannubhai. I will check if the issue can be sorted out through a software update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRtorquefan View Post
It looks simply awesome.

Thanks CRtorquefan. Yes those are optional bits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mak10 View Post

Has anyone faced this?
Congrats mak10.Welcome to XUV 5OO club.

My GPS takes only a couple of minutes to lock on to the signal.

To my knowledge

The GPS system tries to find your current location from your last switch off location.
Suppose you turn off your Gps at point A and Switch it ON back at the same point or nearby to it, the gps locks on to your location within few seconds.

If you switch off your gps at Point A and switch it On back at point B it takes more time to lock on to your position as the last known position is too far.

Cell phones have A-GPS which helps to lock on to your current location fast enough by using your current location data from your cellular network(your active GSM antenna area) .
f@lcon is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2011, 22:31   #43
BHPian

Hi Guys Completed 950 on ODO
On my recent short trip i observed some vibration in steering wheel at speeds above 110 kmph

GENERAL CHECK UP: I got Gear oil replaced , wheel balancing and alignment(for steering vibration complaint),software update of ECU and HU done.
The jarring noise still exist in my car even after HU software update, also checked other XUV's at the workshop even they had the same problem.
M&M still does not have a solution for it .
Guys please check for this jarring noise in your cars especially rear door speakers and report it to the Relationship Manager.

(Use BLUE-One Love song)sorry i don't know how to upload mp3 here.

Here are some pics after a short trip
Attached Thumbnails
XUV500 W8 FWD Satin White: Buying experince and initial ownership-photo0274.jpg  

XUV500 W8 FWD Satin White: Buying experince and initial ownership-photo0278.jpg  

XUV500 W8 FWD Satin White: Buying experince and initial ownership-photo0277.jpg  

XUV500 W8 FWD Satin White: Buying experince and initial ownership-photo0280.jpg  

Last edited by f@lcon : 23rd November 2011 at 22:50. Reason: Pictures upload
f@lcon is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2011, 00:10   #44
BHPian

hearty congrats f@lcon. Excellent pictures and an excellent 5 O O.
btw, can you put some pics of the third row seats. Is it good enough for a 6 ft person?
nacd80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2011, 10:03   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nacd80 View Post
hearty congrats f@lcon. Excellent pictures and an excellent 5 O O.
btw, can you put some pics of the third row seats. Is it good enough for a 6 ft person?
The 3rd row would fit in only Children and adults at around 5 ft.
mannubhai is offline   Reply With Quote