Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 2nd December 2011, 12:55   #16
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Trials and Tribulations of a first time buyer - Hyundai Genesis Coupe

Maddy she sure's a babe and what a Beauty at it!! AAAASOME BOY

Can you please post some specs of this stead along with your driving,..well, Revving experience.

Drive Safe but do Floor it.
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2011, 00:55   #17
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Trials and Tribulations of a first time buyer - Hyundai Genesis Coupe

Full detailed specifications are here. Look at the 2.0T
Hyundai Genesis Coupe Trim: Affordable Performance 300+hp Sport Coupe | Hyundai

Used the car for about 2000 miles. Getting 20.3 mpg in my drives. Use the freeway frequently.

Interior pics will be up today.
maddy42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2011, 00:14   #18
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Trials and Tribulations of a first time buyer - Hyundai Genesis Coupe

Still waiting 42 year old maddy.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2011, 10:03   #19
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Trials and Tribulations of a first time buyer - Hyundai Genesis Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Still waiting 42 year old maddy.
Sorry for the delay buddy. 15 years left for me to reach 42.

Well cars going to the shop for a sun roof and spoiler tomorrow so will have before and after snaps.

I will be back. The car and the people getting attracted to it are taking my time! lol
Old 14th December 2011, 10:46   #20
BHPian

It has been a long time since I have posted here, but this car is such a beauty that I couldn't stop myself from posting. I have a neighbour who has a red Hyundai Genesis coupe and it is absolutely B.E.A.Utiful. I am jealous of the people over here since there are almost countless varieties of cars and most of them are powerful beauties.

The huge wheels add character to this vehicle and I have not seen red color suited this good to any other car (barring the Ferrari).

Wishing you a lot of happy miles on the car in a country with a incredible infrastructure (the roads are crazily good with awesome scenary).
SchumiFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2011, 21:27   #21
Senior - BHPian

Smile Re: Trials and Tribulations of a first time buyer - Hyundai Genesis Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
The huge wheels add character to this vehicle and I have not seen red color suited this good to any other car (barring the Ferrari).

Wishing you a lot of happy miles on the car in a country with a incredible infrastructure (the roads are crazily good with awesome scenary).
Thanks Schumifan! I didnt see the red and one reason which i didnt get the red for is the cops pull you over pretty frequently!

And well i was in your boat ogling at cars but finally managed one of my own.
Old 14th December 2011, 21:27   #22
Senior - BHPian

As promised a video of the same. Quality is poor as its from my phone cam!

maddy42 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2011, 22:04   #23
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Maddy on getting your dream car.

It is one fantastic piece. I have driven a 3.8 and it is one hell of a car. Have fun with the ride. Hope mod bug bites you soon.

Regarding financing, please make sure you do regular payments for 12 months and re finance it. That way you will get better interest rate. Second alternative is to go to Credit Union banks like Golden1, open account with them, if you qualify, you will get excellent interest rates(as low as 2.99%). Usually you have 7-30 days to refinance after you buy a new car.

PM me if you have any questions.

Once again congrats and drive safe. Enjoy!!!
chevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2011, 04:41   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
Congratulations Maddy on getting your dream car.

It is one fantastic piece. I have driven a 3.8 and it is one hell of a car. Have fun with the ride. Hope mod bug bites you soon.

Regarding financing, please make sure you do regular payments for 12 months and re finance it. That way you will get better interest rate. Second alternative is to go to Credit Union banks like Golden1, open account with them, if you qualify, you will get excellent interest rates(as low as 2.99%). Usually you have 7-30 days to refinance after you buy a new car.

PM me if you have any questions.

Once again congrats and drive safe. Enjoy!!!
Thanks alot for your advice as I greatly needed it. I am confused on how to select a credit union as in AZ desert schools seems to be doing well and a lot of folks have accounts in it.

The current mod was just a lip spoiler and a sun roof. The sun roof was an external vendor whom they sub let to. Jobs average but I have some issues which I will visit again to get resolved.

About the salesperson... She is always available on text and even sent me a
Bday and Xmas card. Personally I prefer people who are approachable and now I realize why it's worth going for the best salesperson in the floor! They get the job done!
Old 20th December 2011, 03:03   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
Thanks alot for your advice as I greatly needed it. I am confused on how to select a credit union as in AZ desert schools seems to be doing well and a lot of folks have accounts in it.

The current mod was just a lip spoiler and a sun roof. The sun roof was an external vendor whom they sub let to. Jobs average but I have some issues which I will visit again to get resolved.

About the salesperson... She is always available on text and even sent me a
Bday and Xmas card. Personally I prefer people who are approachable and now I realize why it's worth going for the best salesperson in the floor! They get the job done!
Schools is a good option too. You just have to make sure you have good relation with the representative in the bank too. That will make sure you get lower rate. Alternatively, you can wait for 6-12 months and get it refinanced.

Hyundai have really upped their showrooms and representatives too. Here also i have found same thing. Very courteous, helpful and always available be it in San Jose or Sacramento. They also match the prices and gives good deals on cars. Honda and Toyota have become very arrogant. Good for you as you got a great salesperson.

Hope you do some real mods soon. It gets very tempting.
chevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2011, 06:37   #26
Senior - BHPian

Smile Re: Trials and Tribulations of a first time buyer - Hyundai Genesis Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
Alternatively, you can wait for 6-12 months and get it refinanced.

Hyundai have really upped their showrooms and representatives too. Here also i have found same thing. Very courteous, helpful and always available be it in San Jose or Sacramento. They also match the prices and gives good deals on cars. Honda and Toyota have become very arrogant. Good for you as you got a great salesperson.

Hope you do some real mods soon. It gets very tempting.
Am planning on waiting a yr before i do this option. Keeping my options open but i really would need to do so.

Honda reps were arrogant to say the least. Would never get one for sure.

Mods: Currently got the sun roof and lip spoiler done. The lip is simple and no lights on it but the sun roof was making a creak so will be taking it back tomorrow to have a look at it.

Well currently looking for a fog lights as my next option and probably the wing logo instead of the slant H. Could you gimme suggestions as the least simple mods are probably a cone filter.
Old 20th December 2011, 21:59   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
Am planning on waiting a yr before i do this option. Keeping my options open but i really would need to do so.

Honda reps were arrogant to say the least. Would never get one for sure.

Mods: Currently got the sun roof and lip spoiler done. The lip is simple and no lights on it but the sun roof was making a creak so will be taking it back tomorrow to have a look at it.

Well currently looking for a fog lights as my next option and probably the wing logo instead of the slant H. Could you gimme suggestions as the least simple mods are probably a cone filter.
The only place where i liked the wing logo was on Equus. Its more of a luxury logo than sporty. Imho, it won't suit the character of genesis coupe. It looks ok on a genesis sedan which my friend has.

Since yours is new, i would first suggest to take it easy for 3000-5000 miles. And since it will be in warranty, try to get some plug-in mods.

if you want to do some serious mods get eibach pro kit with 15mm F/20mm R spacers. This will drop it a little and will look drop dead gorgeous. Second option is to get exhaust done. Put in a tip for better sound or change the muffler to get some power and bassy exhaust note. You can also modify the grille. Remove the current one and put in mesh. Keep us updated on what you decide.

Last edited by chevelle : 20th December 2011 at 22:00.
chevelle is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2011, 04:36   #28
Senior - BHPian

Last video
Old 11th January 2012, 10:41   #29
BHPian

The lines of the car are absolutely stunning. The aerodynamics look perfect getting good milage.

USA has wonderful roads to drive this awesome beast of power.

Keep this thread updated !
nanduchitnis is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2012, 11:18   #30
Senior - BHPian

Time for a minor update.

First service is due. The car has run 4200 miles with 2 long trips.

1) 4 hour drive to and from Tucson. This small city in the neighbourhood of phoenix. Desert roads and all straights. Did a average of 70mph and got a mileage of 22mpg.

2) 5 hour drive to Vegas and back. Amazing trip. Average speed of 80mph. Was not given a ticket as it was my bday! Amazing drive to and fro and was in the night time. Gave a mileage of 25mpg as i was on cruise control most of the time.

Like i mentioned the Sun roof was fit. Its a Webasto roof. Had 2 jarring noise coming from it. First at slow speeds and second when i touch 75 like an automatic alarm!
Fixed the first one and the second will be looked into when i give it to the shop on monday.

Service cost for the first service is $38. Got a coupon which is $75 for the year for service and allignment. Is it expensive please suggest.

Final words: Hyundai has this bad brand image which has many people at work and whom i meet think i am insane. Well hope they redeem it with the awards they have won the past 2 years as i really dont want it to be considered a bad car company. Till now they treat you well and the car has more than served me well. A long term ownership will only tell further.

Maddy