Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 4th October 2013, 12:11   #91
BHPian

Default Re: Trials and Tribulations of a first time buyer - Hyundai Genesis Coupe

Coming to home. Soon...
Attached Thumbnails
Trials and Tribulations of a first time buyer - Hyundai Genesis Coupe-img_0334.jpg  

shubhamAT is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2013, 16:30   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhamAT View Post
Coming to home. Soon...
Congrats! Is that a 2.0?
Raj1008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2013, 00:08   #93
BHPian

Default Re: Trials and Tribulations of a first time buyer - Hyundai Genesis Coupe

Thanks Raj, its 3.8 GT
shubhamAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2013, 01:56   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Forgot to add one thing: I did not like the brakes of the tester CLA. Even at 50 i had to apply more than normal pressure to get it effective.
I was going to TD a CLA, and I noticed your comment. Just curious - why are you comparing CLA with a Jetta? Also, what Jetta engine and model variant are you comparing with? I did a TD of the premium TDI variant. My friend ended up buying the same. Jetta has lots of niggling issues that are fixed under warranty. The interiors and drive is certainly not comparable to C class (not CLA) or the 3 series.
Most CLA cars on the dealer lot are close to $40K, while Jetta will be home at $18K.

I noticed that you got the Genesis coupe - that is a nice looking car. Did you consider or TD the Scion FR-S?

Last edited by prasadee : 5th October 2013 at 01:58.
prasadee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2013, 02:59   #95
BHPian

Hi, i am driving a 2.5 SE Jetta with Gas Engine from Avis Rental. A fully loaded Jetta GLI is close to 29k + taxes which is close to the cost of base model CLA250. I compared it because of the same size class and similar capacity engines. CLA is nothing like C Class or a 328i (which is what a friend has). But again i dont say that my views are very scientific, just wrote what i felt the other day.

I did consider Subaru BR-Z but did not test drive it, because Genesis was my first choice and it met all my requirements. You can try 2.0T Premium model of Genesis its more practical than BRZ/FR-S.
Old 5th October 2013, 23:46   #96
BHPian

Hey Maddy, i did not bargain much so the car is about 34 with taxes/registration (Car alone is little less than 31 and comes with all the standard accessories like Carpeted floor mats etc). I will take more pics when i take delivery tomorrow.
Old 6th October 2013, 12:02   #97
BHPian

Wow I bought my 2.0t after leaving $500 profit for dealership for cnd$32,500 on road! How we get screwed up here!
Old 6th October 2013, 12:38   #98
BHPian

I think i might have left more than $500 USD for my dealer. Setting up a dwelling in the US had drained all my energy already so i did not haggle much.
Old 6th October 2013, 16:45   #99
BHPian

I used www.carcostcanada.com they get you the cost to dealer and a name of a dealer who offers you the cheapest price. Then you email blast other dealers and ask them for lowest price with vin number of car. You already ahead at this point. If you do get a lower price negotiate more if you like. Send in your details by email for paperwork. Make an appointment and pick up your car. Took less than an hour of my time and was fun watching them fight for my business

Last edited by Raj1008 : 6th October 2013 at 16:46.
Old 8th October 2013, 06:55   #100
BHPian

It looks similar to carwoo. I did not use any these because i wanted to buy with a dealer that is close by.
Old 12th June 2014, 01:25   #101
Senior - BHPian

Update: 31000 miles done. Replaced the Cabin air filter and air filter of the car.

AC issue in my car: I had to move due to which my car now needs to be parked in the office lot without any shade. We enjoy 110F of weather for the next couple of months so your car is a oven when you get back to it at 5. You need to park carefully avoiding facing the south and also need to use the sun shade to protect yourself from 1st degree burns.

So i did notice my car was taking way too long to cool at the end of the day. DId a lot of reading and here is what is currently working out for me. As in its better than before.

1) Changed my cabin air filter. Very simple process!
2) Once i enter my car i lower all windows, turn on the ac full blast, turn off the recirculating mode, and rev the engine to a 3000rpm for about 15 secs. This actually sounds weird but really gets the ac working to start blowing cool air in under 2 mins. (It used to take about 10 mins before i knew this)

Could you provide any more suggestions as i do intend on actually getting the ac checked in my next service.

Also Hyundai has this huge list of stuff to do for the 30k service. With a big list comes a bigger bill. They are charging 400 bucks for the same. Lots of inspection in this. Is it worth so much?

Maddy
maddy42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2014, 22:47   #102
BHPian

Hey Guys. Hows it going with Genesis ? About to complete 12000 Miles in mine. Will be giving for service soon, most likely to the dealer. Having fun with the car. Can get mini-drifts on left turns (S-Mode). In D mode its rather docile, so docile Wifey learning on it!

My only gripe: Wipers don't sweep the right end well. And the ESP is so eager.
shubhamAT is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2014, 23:32   #103
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
So i did notice my car was taking way too long to cool at the end of the day. DId a lot of reading and here is what is currently working out for me. As in its better than before.

Could you provide any more suggestions as i do intend on actually getting the ac checked in my next service.
The easiest option i can think of is to get a remote starter unit with good range, start the car half an 15-30 min in advance so that it will be cool by the time you get in.
Technocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2014, 07:56   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
The easiest option i can think of is to get a remote starter unit with good range, start the car half an 15-30 min in advance so that it will be cool by the time you get in.
Now I simply got used to it. The weather is getting slightly better and once I got the bike I don't complain about heat as that's my least bit of worry. I am looking at getting a performance test done on the ac though.

Quote:
Hey Guys. Hows it going with Genesis ? About to complete 12000 Miles in mine.

My only gripe: Wipers don't sweep the right end well. And the ESP is so eager.
Wow that was quick! Have fun man. My only grip is the lag while switching gears and the way it pushes u back when u lower gears.

Maddy
maddy42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2014, 03:37   #105
Distinguished - BHPian

Smile Re: Trials and Tribulations of a first time buyer - Hyundai Genesis Coupe

Quote:
I did consider Subaru BR-Z but did not test drive it, because Genesis was my first choice and it met all my requirements. You can try 2.0T Premium model of Genesis its more practical than BRZ/FR-S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
Update: 31000 miles done. Replaced the Cabin air filter and air filter of the car.
Maddy
Guys, did you consider a Mustang GT(or the V6) or similar Camaro before finalizing on the Genesis Coupe?

If yes then would be interested in knowing why these were striked off?
Technocrat is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote