Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2011, 19:13   #16
BHPian
 
mTorque's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 160
Thanked: 34 Times
Default Re: Tata Aria Pride - Zero Pride in Ownership

Shocking indeed! This makes the workhorse Innova look like an angel!
mTorque is offline  
Old 11th November 2011, 19:13   #17
BHPian
 
vasanthn21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 745
Thanked: 303 Times
Default Re: Tata Aria Pride - Zero Pride in Ownership

It is really sad to hear about your experience. I can understand how difficult it must be for you, especially because it was a recommendation to your management that too against the liking of the majority.

I had started thinking about Manza diesel and was too tempted by the T-Jet, now I will definitely stay away from these two badges.
vasanthn21 is offline  
Old 11th November 2011, 19:21   #18
Senior - BHPian
 
AbhiJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 1,298
Thanked: 462 Times
Default Re: Tata Aria Pride - Zero Pride in Ownership

This is the exact reason that a lot of us dont buy V1s of Tata cars and wait for the V2s.
AbhiJ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2011, 19:31   #19
Distinguished - BHPian
 
swiftnfurious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 6,448
Thanked: 6,428 Times
Default Re: Tata Aria Pride - Zero Pride in Ownership

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post
This is really shocking and unacceptable. Even we own an Aria pride and it has been giving us problems since day 1.
The problems we have been facing are;
1. USB isn't working properly since the first day of ownership. It stops and starts working on its own. (TATA replaced the whole HU but still the same problem persists)
2. The navigator starts acting funny on various occasions.

There are many more such small problems which have been shown to TATA time and again, but still they have given us no permanent solution for any one of them. Another problem is that there are constant rattling noises from the boot and dash even when the car is running on a smooth surface. No solution.
Dekay, could you pen down a detailed report on your Aria too? Since we have seen only positive reviews about Aria, I remember seeing some one getting flamed for writing that Aria has issues as well. Now we will get more insights if there are some negative experiences as well.

On top of it, the owners in the forum also will get to know what to expect for or sometimes they could guide the rest if they ever had similar problems and have sorted it out. That will be a WIN-WIN for all.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2011, 19:55   #20
Senior - BHPian
 
mayankjha1806's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: BLR/Gurgaon
Posts: 2,133
Thanked: 820 Times
Default Re: Tata Aria Pride - Zero Pride in Ownership

This is surprising as i and others had perception that the quality of Tata cars has improved to a large extent and especially the Aria. Although its still a one off case as others owning Aria have not had such major problems.

Would advise to keep pushing the Tata Service Center to provide a complete fix for all the problems and please escalate this matter to the highest level possible. Even if its a rare failure in Aria the expectation is to have first-class service and support from the manufacturer.
mayankjha1806 is offline  
Old 11th November 2011, 20:07   #21
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,077
Thanked: 639 Times
Default Re: Tata Aria Pride - Zero Pride in Ownership

I think you guys are doing a great favor to others by penning your ownership experiences.
Though we can not do anything to lessen your hassles and heart burn, consumers collectively have great power to make sure the manufacturer pays for such issues by largely ignoring them.
Please continue posting experiences about Aria so that many more are aware and choose between various options in Arias segment wisely. That in itself will be a more than befitting answer to Tatas. A verdict that no court can deliver satisfactorily on any individual case to make the manufacturer take notice!
Nilesh5417 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th November 2011, 20:13   #22
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 52
Thanked: 13 Times
Default Re: Tata Aria Pride - Zero Pride in Ownership

Oh Oh, this looks terrible. I am not sure to what extent it's true but this does sow seeds of doubts in my mind about TATA products. Since long I have had my eye on Vista refresh and the ownership threads have been positive so far. But if this is the general attitude of the company towards its vehicles then I must really think hard and long before even keeping their products in probables list.
wickedchauhan is offline  
Old 11th November 2011, 20:58   #23
Senior - BHPian
 
vigsom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: AUH<->MAA
Posts: 1,722
Thanked: 581 Times
Default Re: Tata Aria Pride - Zero Pride in Ownership

Sorry for being rude here but I believe that Tata is to cars as Kinetic used to be to scoots ; both make/made unrefined products engineered in "desi"style ; very rugged but with their share of niggling problems
vigsom is offline  
Old 11th November 2011, 21:17   #24
Senior - BHPian
 
sandeepmdas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Varkala
Posts: 1,125
Thanked: 614 Times
Default Re: Tata Aria Pride - Zero Pride in Ownership

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
unrefined products engineered in "desi"style ; very rugged but with their share of niggling problems
Rugged is certainly not the word. Rugged means "Sturdy and strong in constitution or construction; enduring". You can say that about a Mahindra Jeep and perhaps some heavy vehicles made by Tata.

This is nothing but epic failure. Disk break failure in a vehicle that has clocked only 5K kms is attempted manslaughter. Come on, we are talking about a car that is designed in 21 century; a car that costs you a fortune.

@indian21r, my advise is: sell the two beauties ASAP and move on. Peace.

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 11th November 2011 at 21:22.
sandeepmdas is offline  
Old 11th November 2011, 21:24   #25
BHPian
 
indian21r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 733
Thanked: 262 Times
Default Re: Tata Aria Pride - Zero Pride in Ownership

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
If I were you, I'd write a letter to senior Tata management outlining the various issues and breakdowns you've had right from the point you where you had to take delivery of dirty unwashed cars.
Everything is in mail to Tata Motors from when the second breakdown happened. Infact both had breakdown at the same time in June

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
Sir ,you or whoever ,why did they take delivery of dirty cars without doing PDI in the first place ?
We ordered the cars in Mumbai and took delivery in Pune as Pandit was the only vendor at that time and his sales team was not even worth talking. We did a PDI to check whether there are any leaks, dents etc, but beyond that the issues faced are difficult to evaluate. Dealer was supposed to register the car in Pune, take it back to Mumbai and then deliver it in Pune But they took the easy way out and got it directly after registering. As we were in a hurry we decided to accept the cars. But That does not mean Dealer will not do his PDI. This issue we face with Mahindra Thar as well. We order 5 of those. Vendors seem to treat companies worse than individuals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Really unfortunate! One vehicle a lemon, I can understand. Two vehicles by the same owner having critical failures, that is very difficult to dismiss as coincidence. Please take this up at the highest level till all problems are sorted to your satisfaction. The bigger problem you would have is ever trusting these vehicles even after the problems are fixed. If reliability and peace of mind are high on you priority list (aren't they for most of us?), please do consider offloading both the vehicles in near future and moving to the reliable "T".
Today my Admin manager was asking me to please replace the car as he has to do unnecessary and unwarranted coordination due to breakdowns. Infact at the same time we did pick one Toyota Innova which has not given a single rattle or niggle till now. I personally own an Innova which did more than 1,80,000 kms without any issue. I do not want someone else to suffer what we have gone through, I am considering buying it myself because I recommended the product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Incredible that a manufacturer with global ambitions charging 18 lakh rupees for a car still cannot provide you with niggle free experience. It tells me that something is terribly wrong with the fundamentals of the company. Makes me want to think twice about recommending Vitsa to my friends.
True I heard that few years back Tata had an option to choose team which is focusing on Quality vs team which guaranteed immediate returns and they chose the latter. No wonder we are the ones suffering now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartikk View Post
Shocking. Can you please post some pictures for fellow readers to get a bit more details of the inexplainable sins.
Sorry dude it is the company car and I was in Germany when these incidents happened. Infact the car that dropped me at airport and going back to Pune had the Disc break Failure on the Mumbai Pune expressway. Luckily Ajit was the best driver we had in our company. He got the vehicle safely delivered to the workshop. 2 days after this Car 1 has its second breakdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by cediafan View Post
This is extremely shocking. First time I am hearing such things about Aria. Did you experience any issues post June? Were all the repairs done as a part of the warranty?
Yeah one today Morning. Clutch plate failure on a car with less than 15k on ODO. We are hardly using the cars anymore now as using them risks the danger of breakdown and missing flights, meeting etc. . Previously they used to do atleast 120kms/day

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpullockaran View Post
Please please do not advice anyone to write to the management. They care two hoots about any letter that you might send.
My mails they acknowledged but zero response

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish82 View Post
Looks lik even a Tata indica is better in terms of reliability. This really confuses me as i was recommending Manza to my friend as a true VFM product. I think i should advice him not to buy that, other wise i will lose his friendship.
Well Tata lost a bunch of customers in my firm. I was a huge fan of Safari since when I was in school but no more white elephants for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuderiamania View Post
The problems that he has faced are most probably unidentifiable to the layman. How on earth is a non-expert expected to identify a manufacturing defect on brakes, suspension and clutch?
True. Even Tata motors designers take days to identify the right problem. Never got the vehicle same day even after being just 5 kms from the mother plant of Tata Motors

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
its sad that the Tata's havent been able to bring in even one single success story in the passenger vehicle segment.
other than the cheap as chips Indica and the breadbox Sumo which do some sterling work in the Taxi segment despite being mistreated every day of their lives, none of their other cars have really set the charts afire.
wonder why this is happening - because they are such a good organization and such a trusted name overall.
Lack of Quality control is the key for this more than anything else

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinayak View Post
Really shocking to hear this. And I was thinking, finally TATA got it right. Guess they are nowhere close to getting there yet.
Me too. And Aria may be the first but some never want change.
indian21r is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th November 2011, 21:45   #26
Team-BHP Support
 
.anshuman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Good-Gaon
Posts: 7,708
Thanked: 8,929 Times
Default Re: Tata Aria Pride - Zero Pride in Ownership

The first Aria is clearly a lemon. With so many issues reported till date, ask Tata for a replacement car.

My friend finally got rid of his year old Vista Quadrajet(HR29 ** 0700) after struggling with endless random niggles. This was his first car, he bought this car against my advice just to save 30k bucks. When i drove this car some time back, even i could not believe it had the same MJD engine as my Punto.

The Ageing of some Tata cars remind me of the movie The Curious case of Benjamin Button.

Last edited by .anshuman : 11th November 2011 at 21:46.
.anshuman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th November 2011, 21:47   #27
Senior - BHPian
 
scopriobharath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 3,565
Thanked: 1,175 Times
Default Re: Tata Aria Pride - Zero Pride in Ownership

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Dekay, could you pen down a detailed report on your Aria too? Since we have seen only positive reviews about Aria, I remember seeing some one getting flamed for writing that Aria has issues as well. Now we will get more insights if there are some negative experiences as well.

On top of it, the owners in the forum also will get to know what to expect for or sometimes they could guide the rest if they ever had similar problems and have sorted it out. That will be a WIN-WIN for all.
swiftnfurious,

Is there a facebook / twitter page for Aria / Ratan Tata who proactively looks into issues like Anand does for XUV ?

If yes, kindly post this issue and let us know Ratan's or Telang's reaction
scopriobharath is offline  
Old 11th November 2011, 21:47   #28
BHPian
 
indian21r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 733
Thanked: 262 Times
Default Re: Tata Aria Pride - Zero Pride in Ownership

Quote:
Originally Posted by diffsoft View Post
@indian21r - I appreciate your candid reporting and really sad to hear this. If the Tatas read your thread they will get pointers to why their Nano possibly made more money publishing a book on "Making of the Nano" than the car itself.Cheers,
Whatever is written in this thread is clearly in the mails to Tata Motors. I wanted to support Indian Manufacturers as much as possible so my recommendations for Aria and Thar. But we still do not value what the customers really need. Peace of mind of ownership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Man, this is truly shocking ! Thank God that none of the occupants had to go thru any accidents. Would it happen that some of the batches had problems with quality of parts? We hear about problems for two cars which came together. TATA should understand at-least now that they DON'T have any rights to charge any premium for their cars till they can roll out cars with zero niggles in the first place. Fit & finish is not everything, reliability IT IS !
That has been my worry as well as these cars are driven exclusively on NH4 which is crowded most of the time. Same batch I believe as both orders were placed at same time

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post
This is really shocking and unacceptable. Even we own an Aria pride and it has been giving us problems since day 1.
The problems we have been facing are;
1. USB isn't working properly since the first day of ownership. It stops and starts working on its own. (TATA replaced the whole HU but still the same problem persists)
2. The navigator starts acting funny on various occasions.

There are many more such small problems which have been shown to TATA time and again, but still they have given us no permanent solution for any one of them. Another problem is that there are constant rattling noises from the boot and dash even when the car is running on a smooth surface. No solution. Contrary to what many people believe, TATA does NOT treat its Aria 4x4 customers specially. Even when you are buying the most expensive vehicle they manufacturer, they treat us like someone who drives a Nano. Just a couple days ago for example, I called their service center in Kandivali (Mumbai) for a service appointment, I was asked to get the vehicle to their service center two weeks later.
True man now that you reminded me the Navigation and Music system did not work in Car 1 for more than a month. And Also I was given the Navigation CD's after 2 months and repeated requests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannubhai View Post
This is a shocker !!!
I drove a Tata Indigo for a good 6 years
We had an Indigo which we used it for more than 70,000 kms but the car never gave us trouble except for a few rattles. We got good resale on it as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by mTorque View Post
Shocking indeed! This makes the workhorse Innova look like an angel!
Nothing beats Innova here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasanthn21 View Post
It is really sad to hear about your experience. I can understand how difficult it must be for you, especially because it was a recommendation to your management that too against the liking of the majority. I had started thinking about Manza diesel and was too tempted by the T-Jet, now I will definitely stay away from these two badges.
Safety of the team was the reason that we chose it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
This is the exact reason that a lot of us dont buy V1s of Tata cars and wait for the V2s.
What is the point of doing testing worldwide if your car fail in home market. Similar to Royal Enfields. I went blindly with the hope that Tata's have changed but they proved me wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Dekay, could you pen down a detailed report on your Aria too? Since we have seen only positive reviews about Aria, I remember seeing some one getting flamed for writing that Aria has issues as well.
Ya dude , it will be of help if I have to expect any future part failure

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
This is surprising as i and others had perception that the quality of Tata cars has improved to a large extent and especially the Aria. Although its still a one off case as others owning Aria have not had such major problems. Would advise to keep pushing the Tata Service Center to provide a complete fix for all the problems and please escalate this matter to the highest level possible. Even if its a rare failure in Aria the expectation is to have first-class service and support from the manufacturer.
What is the use of 10 people trying to work on the car without able to identify the problem. Millenium has been quite helpful but it is the fault of Tata Motors. Infact I asked them return our money and take their cars back and help me gain some credibility back in my organization but that will never happen I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
I think you guys are doing a great favor to others by penning your ownership experiences
There are too few cars on road so you cannot expect many reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
Sorry for being rude here but I believe that Tata is to cars as Kinetic used to be to scoots ; both make/made unrefined products engineered in "desi"style ; very rugged but with their share of niggling problems
Niggles like rattles are Ok but disc break failure is not acceptable at all. Tata is worried that Arias are not selling but they are not ready to evaluate why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post
Disk break failure in a vehicle that has clocked only 5K kms is attempted manslaughter. Come on, we are talking about a car that is designed in 21 century; a car that costs you a fortune.
@indian21r, my advise is: sell the two beauties ASAP and move on. Peace.
True man. And Thanks for the advice but someone else will suffer as well. Anyway I guess that is what will happen quite soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
The first Aria is clearly a lemon. With so many issues reported till date, ask Tata for a replacement car.
The Ageing of some Tata cars remind me of the movie The Curious case of Benjamin Button.
lol that is one painful movie. It is lemon I have asked them that long time back. Tomorrow I will sit with my admin team and see what needs to be done.

Last edited by indian21r : 11th November 2011 at 21:51. Reason: edit
indian21r is offline  
Old 11th November 2011, 22:04   #29
Distinguished - BHPian
 
swiftnfurious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 6,448
Thanked: 6,428 Times
Default Re: Tata Aria Pride - Zero Pride in Ownership

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
swiftnfurious,

Is there a facebook / twitter page for Aria / Ratan Tata who proactively looks into issues like Anand does for XUV ?

If yes, kindly post this issue and let us know Ratan's or Telang's reaction
I have given the link to Tata Aria official twitter account. Let's see if they do something. I could not find any other big shot's id though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
Whatever is written in this thread is clearly in the mails to Tata Motors.
From my experience, most of the times, mails DONT yield any result. You could try calling up the TATA regional office and talk to some one. In the mean time, if any one could provide any contacts which have worked for you in the past, would be great.

http://www.tatamotors.com/contactus/index.php

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 11th November 2011 at 22:07.
swiftnfurious is offline  
Old 11th November 2011, 22:06   #30
Senior - BHPian
 
V-16's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 4,575
Thanked: 844 Times
Default Re: Tata Aria Pride - Zero Pride in Ownership

I think you should refer this problem to Behram Dhabar who is a senior person at Tata motors and a very valued DBhpian. He has recently joined Tata Motors and would be glad to take your voice to Tata Motors.
V-16 is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tata Aria Pride 4x4: Owner's pain & frustration. EDIT: Saves 3 lives in an accident! bravo82in Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 132 27th October 2015 18:06
TATA Aria Pride 4X4 - Heart over Mind or Mind in the Right Place? EDIT : Now Sold! ACM Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 322 16th September 2015 15:51
Tata Aria Pride 4x4 : White Exterior with Black Interiors Zappex Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 149 24th October 2013 21:54
A New Breed Indeed. White Tata ARIA Pride. psbali Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 59 24th January 2013 18:11


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 04:29.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks