Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 2nd January 2012, 11:17   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayedongivadam View Post
Black looks awesome VK!

By the way in the third picture of the rear alloy, are those scratches I see on the door panel? Hope I'm mistaken!
Thanks dear. No.. it isn't.. My heart too skipped a beat when I saw that but it was only a piece of lint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian View Post
Congratulation for the Jetta. It looks absolutely awesome in black. Wished to know more about the parktronic system. Do post some interior pics of the car as well.
Thanks dear. Will post some inside pics as well. Meanwhile about the parktronic -

It works based on sensors - 8 in total (4 + 4 - front & rear). These are proximity based & give an audible beep & the intensity increases while the gap between beeps decreases as the obstruction gets closer to the vehicle. It turns to a continuous beep once the distance remains less than 1 foot.

In the Highline variant you also get a display on the ICE. It shows you the top view of the car & the sensor zones (8) too are visible. Hence with a glance at the screen you know which area / side of the car is approaching an obstruction. The zone originally off white -> turn blinking yellow as the obstruction approaches -> turns red once the distance is less than 1 foot.

This is automatically activated (accompanied by a reduction in the ICE volume) when you engage reverse gear. It remains active even after you move to forward gear till you reach a speed of 15 Kph. There is also a manual switch that you can use to activate the system - if you would like to use it while parking straight on. However it will not get activated if the speed is in excess of 15 Kph.

What else.. Oh yes there is a mute function on the ICE for the beeps. The display will remain but the beeps will be muted - wonder who would want to do that.

Hope this helps.

Note from Support: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the same thread. Thanks.

Last edited by .anshuman : 11th June 2012 at 13:54. Reason: See note in post
vkaul1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2012, 11:35   #32
BHPian

Default re: Jet Set Go! Volkswagen Jetta Highline AT. *UPDATE* 2 years and 2nd Service up

Thanks for clarifying. I thought it is some new parking feature as in the Passat. The name sounded so hi-fi-ish.
Utopian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2012, 21:54   #33
BHPian

Default re: Jet Set Go! Volkswagen Jetta Highline AT. *UPDATE* 2 years and 2nd Service up

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkaul1 View Post
Thanks dear. Will post some inside pics as well. Meanwhile about the parktronic -

It works based on sensors - 8 in total (4 + 4 - front & rear). These are proximity based & give an audible beep & the intensity increases while the gap between beeps decreases as the obstruction gets closer to the vehicle. It turns to a continuous beep once the distance remains less than 1 foot.

In the Highline variant you also get a display on the ICE. It shows you the top view of the car & the sensor zones (8) too are visible. Hence with a glance at the screen you know which area / side of the car is approaching an obstruction. The zone originally off white -> turn blinking yellow as the obstruction approaches -> turns red once the distance is less than 1 foot.

This is automatically activated (accompanied by a reduction in the ICE volume) when you engage reverse gear. It remains active even after you move to forward gear till you reach a speed of 15 Kph. There is also a manual switch that you can use to activate the system - if you would like to use it while parking straight on. However it will not get activated if the speed is in excess of 15 Kph.

What else.. Oh yes there is a mute function on the ICE for the beeps. The display will remain but the beeps will be muted - wonder who would want to do that.

Hope this helps.
Great to see your review vkaul1. Black looks fantastic on the Jetta. I dont think your photos do it justice. Would recommend you plan to do a photo shoot in a more open location with better light. I am partial to dark colours myself, so would just love to see this in the flesh.
Aurum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2012, 11:57   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurum View Post
Great to see your review vkaul1. Black looks fantastic on the Jetta. I dont think your photos do it justice. Would recommend you plan to do a photo shoot in a more open location with better light. I am partial to dark colours myself, so would just love to see this in the flesh.
Thanks Aurum & welcome back.

Yes the pics were from my phone camera & the light was fast fading (wanted to clik after the treatment @ 3M but it took quite sometime) so fairly ordinary. Will look forward to catching up in Pune-Mumbai meet.
Old 16th April 2012, 11:31   #35
BHPian

Quote:
A few updates -

1. A BIG Thanks to Sid (Ayedongivadam). It was a pleasure meeting you buddy.

He & I caught up @ the BU Bhandari workshop last weekend & he helped me change the DRLs to white LEDs - makes the car look super cool !!

2. He also did some nifty DIY with the interior lights & changed the rear dome, front map & the vanity mirror lights to LEDs as well - I can tell you guys he is amazing with this stuff

Post all the mods it really stands out - be the DRLs - which now I have started keeping on & no one signals me that headlights are on

OR the interiors - the car interiors glow differently in the white light..

Next in line would be the bluetooth module. Waiting for Sid to get his done !!

Forgot to mention - I have driven down to Hyderabad hence the delay in pics - will post some soon.

Last edited by vkaul1 : 16th April 2012 at 11:48.
Old 17th April 2012, 10:22   #36
BHPian

Thanks mate! Are you back from Hyd yet? This Saturday (21st) is when the BT module goes in. Let me know if you are coming in too to fix the squeak.
Ayedongivadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2012, 13:27   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkaul1

A few updates -

1. A BIG Thanks to Sid (Ayedongivadam). It was a pleasure meeting you buddy.

He & I caught up @ the BU Bhandari workshop last weekend & he helped me change the DRLs to white LEDs - makes the car look super cool !!...
Damn, I envy you Pune guys! Were the LEDs sourced from dealextreme? Is this BU Bhandari a VW workshop?
Do put up some pics and maybe a video or two esp of the DRLs.
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2012, 00:00   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
Damn, I envy you Pune guys!
Well there's nothing stopping the Jetta's from driving halfway down for both Mumbai and Pune and catching up in Lonavla ?
Old 18th April 2012, 09:50   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks mate! Are you back from Hyd yet? This Saturday (21st) is when the BT module goes in. Let me know if you are coming in too to fix the squeak.
All the best dear. I will be driving back on 21st so won't be able to make it this time. Will catch up once am back..

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
Damn, I envy you Pune guys! Were the LEDs sourced from dealextreme? Is this BU Bhandari a VW workshop?
Do put up some pics and maybe a video or two esp of the DRLs.
Hi Lamboguy yes the LEDs were sourced from dealextreme. The BU Bhandari is one of the two VW dealers in Pune..

Will put up pics once I am back..

Last edited by .anshuman : 11th June 2012 at 13:55. Reason: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the same thread. Thanks.
Old 11th June 2012, 11:31   #40
BHPian

UPDATE:

8400 Kms done & it keeps getting better & better. The squeaks coming from door have gone away by itself & yesterday on an uneven road with the music system turned off there was no noise from the car - no squeaks, no rattles - nothing

Got an opportunity to try out the "rain sensing wipers" & I must say that it works well - with a 4 step sensitivity adjustment it is a breeze to tune in to your liking. For a drizzle / low rain "2" works well - while in a heavy downpour you need to keep it at a max / move it to manual mode.

A week ago when I started the car it gave the message "chek coolant". I switched it off & then cheked the level, it was at the lower level of the sensor. After closing the coolant container the message went off. I called up the service center to ask them to send someone with coolant for a top up. They did say they will call back - but no one came back to me.

Today morning again the same chime so I went to my neighborhood car care shop (I have known these guys for a long time & they were the ones servicing my older cars once the initial free / warranty services were over) & did a coolant top up. Total spend - INR 50
Old 11th June 2012, 12:40   #41
BHPian

Quote:
UPDATE:

8400 Kms done & it keeps getting better & better.
Congratulations vkaul on beautiful Jetta! Certainly pics posted on thread do not do any justice.

Some more please!
zalaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2012, 10:23   #42
BHPian

Quote:
.... I called up the service center to ask them to send someone with coolant for a top up. They did say they will call back - but no one came back to me. ...
Did you call the A.S.S directly or did you try the Volkswagen helpline? If you called the dealership direct, try the VW helpline next time. They will raise a ticket with the dealership/workshop to have someone come over to wherever you are (Within a 100Km radius of the workshop) to help you out. This includes your running out of fuel too.
Ayedongivadam is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2012, 10:57   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Did you call the A.S.S directly or did you try the Volkswagen helpline? If you called the dealership direct, try the VW helpline next time. They will raise a ticket with the dealership/workshop to have someone come over to wherever you are (Within a 100Km radius of the workshop) to help you out. This includes your running out of fuel too.
Thanks for the info buddy. I did call up the A.S.S. Next time will try the VW helpline.

How is the experience going with your bluetooth module. I am planning to order one this month. Anything that I need to be aware of?
Old 13th June 2012, 13:47   #44
BHPian

Quote:
How is the experience going with your bluetooth module. I am planning to order one this month. Anything that I need to be aware of?
Absolutely peachy! Its a must have. Just make sure you have them install the antenna behind the A pillar unlike mine where they stuck it on the B pillar.
Old 13th June 2012, 18:14   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkaul1

I called up the service center to ask them to send someone with coolant for a top up. They did say they will call back - but no one came back to me.
I'd called up VW helpline regarding certain brake disc issue. The nearest flatbed tow truck was sent within an hour, no questions asked. They went ahead and even arranged for a conference call with the dealership immediately.
lamboguy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote