Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2012, 18:36   #61
BHPian
 
DieselDon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 200
Thanked: 132 Times
Default re: Tata Vista Refresh: Fuego completes 15000 kms of niggle free driving

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravdgr8 View Post
The car has been troublefree, nigglefree, rattlefree and is actually a fill it, shut it, forget it car. What I now plan to do is a detailed video of the car highlighting some of the most thoughtful features of the Vista which the company never bothers to advertise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Suraj View Post
Here are the videos - as promised earlier.
Would love the videos. Dr Suraj has put in some beautiful videos of his Manza Special Edition(Quoted above) which has left me waiting for the next edition this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravdgr8 View Post
With so much of driving undertaken in the last 6 months, there are however some things that the car needs improvement on. And that is the suspension. Although very comfortable for people inside and specially at the back, it's one of the main reason for the body roll in the car, other being the height. At high speeds, you do fell a very prominent body roll. However with 4 adults sitting, it is negated to a large extent.
I am not sure if you can get it all (at the cost). I absolutely love the ride in my 2003 Indica. I am not exaggerating, but my brother insists on the Indica over the Octavia for longer drives. He complains of back pain in the Octavia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravdgr8 View Post
So, the quintessential question comes again this time:

If I were to look at Dec'2011, would I again choose the Vista over the competetion?

Answer: Absolutely. No doubt about it.
+1 to that ! why specifically Dec'2011 ?
DieselDon is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2012, 18:44   #62
BHPian
 
gauravdgr8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: CG/CH
Posts: 472
Thanked: 360 Times
Default re: Tata Vista Refresh: Fuego completes 15000 kms of niggle free driving

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDon View Post
Would love the videos. Dr Suraj has put in some beautiful videos of his Manza Special Edition(Quoted above) which has left me waiting for the next edition this year.



I am not sure if you can get it all (at the cost). I absolutely love the ride in my 2003 Indica. I am not exaggerating, but my brother insists on the Indica over the Octavia for longer drives. He complains of back pain in the Octavia.



+1 to that ! why specifically Dec'2011 ?
I love the ride too, it's just that I did not want my review to be viewed as biased just because I drive the car. Every car has positives and negatives, I feel the negatives have been exaggerated in the Vista.

Dec'2011 specifically because that's when I decided to buy the Vista.
gauravdgr8 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2012, 21:48   #63
BHPian
 
gauravdgr8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: CG/CH
Posts: 472
Thanked: 360 Times
Default re: Tata Vista Refresh: Fuego completes 15000 kms of niggle free driving

The car completed 9000 kms last week and is due for the 10k service. Planning to get it done a earlier than the trip.

Called up Concorde and asked them what oil do they use for the 3rd service. They mentioned if you say we will use Synthetic, else it's the normal oil.

They also mentioned that it's only oil change that they will charge for.

Another incident happened today. My neighbour bought a new Fido D Titanium, however he was all praises for Vista. He said he drive's his cousin's Vista and it's so good, whereas the Figo is a bit noisy and slower in 2nd gear than the Vista. Asked him why did he buy the Figo, he said family did not want to buy a Vista due to Indica image.

He is now planning to buy a Manza.
gauravdgr8 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2012, 11:21   #64
Senior - BHPian
 
Maverick5490's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Thane
Posts: 1,242
Thanked: 565 Times
Default re: Tata Vista Refresh: Fuego completes 15000 kms of niggle free driving

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravdgr8 View Post
The car completed 9000 kms last week and is due for the 10k service. Planning to get it done a earlier than the trip.

Called up Concorde and asked them what oil do they use for the 3rd service. They mentioned if you say we will use Synthetic, else it's the normal oil.

They also mentioned that it's only oil change that they will charge for.

Another incident happened today. My neighbour bought a new Fido D Titanium, however he was all praises for Vista. He said he drive's his cousin's Vista and it's so good, whereas the Figo is a bit noisy and slower in 2nd gear than the Vista. Asked him why did he buy the Figo, he said family did not want to buy a Vista due to Indica image.

He is now planning to buy a Manza.
Hey buddy, had done my 10k service a couple of months back. They also mentioned the same about the engine oil. I opted for Mobil1 Synthetic oil for around Rs.900/Litre and got the oil poured in the engine in front of me, to confirm that they use the correct oil. I did not find any difference in the engine noise levels or performance after the change. Makes me wonder if the car comes with synthetic oil from the plant.

And I do agree that Vista is the most underrated car in the market. Completed 12,500 kms so far!
Maverick5490 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2012, 16:14   #65
BHPian
 
gauravdgr8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: CG/CH
Posts: 472
Thanked: 360 Times
Default re: Tata Vista Refresh: Fuego completes 15000 kms of niggle free driving

Called up Kiirus today to check on the price for an ECU remap.

Spoke to Anoop in Bangalore. He mentioned the following on performance:

1. Torque : Up from 190 to 235
2. BHP : Up from 75 to 90 - 92

Improved drivability. Average would improve as downshifts would reduce.

Price: If I they send the technicians to Hyderabad, price would be 22k. If I were to go to Mumbai, it would be much less.

Now the question is, should I opt for Kiirus or Race Dynamics DieselTronic or a Pete's box.

Output from all would be more or less the same as well as the price.
gauravdgr8 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2012, 16:23   #66
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bombay
Posts: 319
Thanked: 131 Times
Default re: Tata Vista Refresh: Fuego completes 15000 kms of niggle free driving

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravdgr8 View Post
Another incident happened today. My neighbour bought a new Fido D Titanium, however he was all praises for Vista. He said he drive's his cousin's Vista and it's so good, whereas the Figo is a bit noisy and slower in 2nd gear than the Vista. Asked him why did he buy the Figo, he said family did not want to buy a Vista due to Indica image.
I totally agree here.. I recently drove the new vista quadrajet with FIAT engine and gearbox and the drive experience was very nice. However, the moment the thought of Tata/Indica came to my mind I was doubtful.

Good that You do not have the prejudice and can enjoy the car.

TATA should not have put the Indica name for the VISTA it is a different car feel altogether.

Cheers
MKP
mkpiyengar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2012, 16:27   #67
Senior - BHPian
 
Fordmanchau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,656
Thanked: 280 Times
Default re: Tata Vista Refresh: Fuego completes 15000 kms of niggle free driving

Do you actually intend to do a ECU remap so early in your ownership of the Vista ?

IMO you should decide on this after your Rajasthan trip. The Rajasthan trip will give you ample opportunities to evaluate your car on the highway and cities.

This will help you decide whether all those extra torque and horsepower, though desirable, are really needed or not .

My suggestion would be to not jump into it.
Fordmanchau is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2012, 17:14   #68
BHPian
 
gauravdgr8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: CG/CH
Posts: 472
Thanked: 360 Times
Default re: Tata Vista Refresh: Fuego completes 15000 kms of niggle free driving

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
Do you actually intend to do a ECU remap so early in your ownership of the Vista ?

IMO you should decide on this after your Rajasthan trip. The Rajasthan trip will give you ample opportunities to evaluate your car on the highway and cities.

This will help you decide whether all those extra torque and horsepower, though desirable, are really needed or not .

My suggestion would be to not jump into it.

Thanks Manish. I was only enquiring as would definately not want to take any risks during my drive. I want it to be in stock for the trip.

It's only after my trip (if at all wife saves anything post her shopping list) I will actually start seriously thinking to go in for a remap or a tuning box. Both have their advantages and disadvantages.
gauravdgr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2012, 20:40   #69
BHPian
 
gauravdgr8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: CG/CH
Posts: 472
Thanked: 360 Times
Default re: Tata Vista Refresh: Fuego completes 15000 kms of niggle free driving

August has been a busy month for the 'FUEGO'.

Earlier it was Suryapet, this weekend it was Srisailam. In all 3 cars, all different generes. Namely the Innova, The Fluidic Verna and the Fuego.

Some very interesting things that I noted during this drive. During my last drive to Srisailam, the mileage was in the 16 range. Couple of reason could be :

1. While coming back we mistakingly took the old city route in the daytime which was way too crowded all thoughout.

2. The road to Srisailam was a bit patchy at a couple of place wherein we had to slowdown and downshift.

This time both the reasons did not exist and the FUEGO returned a mileage of 19.75/lt on a return trip.

The drive to Srisailam was mostly in the 80-100 km/hr range. However return was a bit of spirited driving after the dam till the forest reserve and did reach 120 quite a bit. Add to that the ghat sections done, the mileage numbers do not disappoint a bit. This has been the best achieved till date.

More on the trip in a separate travelogue. 9600 on the odo, the cars fully prepared for the 10k service.

Last edited by gauravdgr8 : 23rd July 2012 at 20:40. Reason: Added text
gauravdgr8 is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2012, 15:01   #70
BHPian
 
gauravdgr8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: CG/CH
Posts: 472
Thanked: 360 Times
Default re: Tata Vista Refresh: Fuego completes 15000 kms of niggle free driving

Went to Tata Motors today morning to get some add-on to the car. It's something that is very much from day 1, however does not reflect. So thought of flaunting it.

Costed me Rs: 80 only

The ABS logo

Name:  ABS.JPG
Views: 1693
Size:  105.9 KB

I feel this should have been on the car as it comes in the Manza.
gauravdgr8 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2012, 16:50   #71
BHPian
 
gauravdgr8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: CG/CH
Posts: 472
Thanked: 360 Times
Default re: Tata Vista Refresh: Fuego completes 15000 kms of niggle free driving

Some snaps taken during last week's Srisailam trip!

Name:  I Drive Safe coz I Got bhp.jpg
Views: 1565
Size:  19.9 KB

Name:  The Red Beauty  The Mist.jpg
Views: 1600
Size:  29.9 KB

Name:  Falls and Car.jpg
Views: 1595
Size:  37.6 KB
gauravdgr8 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2012, 00:52   #72
BHPian
 
gauravdgr8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: CG/CH
Posts: 472
Thanked: 360 Times
Default re: Tata Vista Refresh: Fuego completes 15000 kms of niggle free driving

Moderators: Request you to Edit the Title : Completed 10,000 kms

Having completed 3000 kms in the initial 2 months, 10,000 should have completed by end of May/Early June.

However, this was delayed on purpose. Reasons a plenty to reduce driving in city:

1. Use company transport so that the nation does not spend much on fuel subsidy

2. So that Hyderabad cops don't catch a CG car without the AP permit

3. Knowing that the car would do close to 5,000 kms between August end - mid September, I actually did not want it to be running for a long time after the 10k service and then leave for the highways.

Well, all said and done, "FUEGO" has been a fun to drive, safe, very comfortable and niggle free till date. 10201 kms have given absolutely no trouble whatsoever.

More than that, I have on the contrary experienced service standards at par of Hyundai/Maruti/GM. I only deal with Concorde Motors.

10,000 service experience

Took a prior appointment at Concorde and reached early to avoid the rush. Car was attended promptly and taken in. I was right beside my car for the whole duration of the service. Work done by the engineer was quick, and with ease.

Jobs carried out:

1. Oil Change - Refilled Synthetic from Castrol
2.Oil Filter Change
3. Checked Fuel Filter - Change not needed. Will require @ 20,000.
4. Cleaned Air Filter.
5. Tightened the underbody engine guard screw after I mentioned that I am leaving for a long trip.
6. Left Beam adjustment.

And that's it. It took him exactly and hour to do so. Car went in at 9:20 and was in the washing area by 10:30.

Vacumming, Washing, Wiping, Vacumming and De-greasing with Diesel done in the next hour. Bill paid and I was back home by 12:30 pm.

Overall the work carried out was perfect. Special mention the post service cleaning. Nice to see TATA service doing such a wonderful job.

Total cost for 10k service: 4319, which inlcuded Castrol Edge, Synthetic Oil
(4L jar)

Post the oil change, the engine was kept running for 10 mins, I guess for the oil to flow throughly.

Once on the road, the car is runnig Super Smooth.
gauravdgr8 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2012, 21:25   #73
Team-BHP Support
 
bblost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 9,336
Thanked: 5,742 Times
Default re: Tata Vista Refresh: Fuego completes 15000 kms of niggle free driving

I think your variant comes with ABS.

Have you ever had it engage under heavy braking. How did it react. Did the car hold its line.

Thanks.


Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravdgr8 View Post
Moderators: Request you to Edit the Title : Completed 10,000 kms
Please report your post with your request. Mention the full new title. Adding the above would make your title really long.
bblost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2012, 12:57   #74
BHPian
 
gauravdgr8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: CG/CH
Posts: 472
Thanked: 360 Times
Default re: Tata Vista Refresh: Fuego completes 15000 kms of niggle free driving

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
I think your variant comes with ABS.

Have you ever had it engage under heavy braking. How did it react. Did the car hold its line.

Thanks.

Yes. A couple of times. Once on the way to Belum caves and twice in the city due to our famous hyderabad traffic. There is an audible sound coming from the brakess when the ABS kicks in. The car held it's line at the speed of 90-100. Anything above that is untested territory.
gauravdgr8 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2012, 19:38   #75
BHPian
 
gauravdgr8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: CG/CH
Posts: 472
Thanked: 360 Times
Default Re: Tata Vista Refresh: Fuego completes 15000 kms of niggle free driving

Come 28th August and as planned, we left for the much awaited road trip to Rajasthan.

Covering 5607 kms in 20 days, the Vista was with us in thich and thin.

It was a victim of Dog Hit on the very first day and on the verge of our trip being cancelled, however it stood by us with only a radiator leak.

Along the entire trip, it returned an overall mileage of 17.4km/lt, the best one coming at 18.34km/lt.

The car proved many a theories wrong:

1. Tata cars are full of niggles. Many a stretches were not just filled with potholes, but were potholes as big as to take the entire Vista in them. Driving on those, the car has not developed a single rattle.

2. Excellent service extended by the Nizamabad (Andhra Pradesh)Tata ASC and Palanpur (Gujrat) Tata ASC when needed. Hats off to them.

The car is absolute bliss to drive on the highways on high speeds.

Will post a detailed travelogue of the Rajasthan trip in the days to come.

The below pic is on the way to Tanot and BOP 609.

Name:  On the Way to Tanot.jpg
Views: 1101
Size:  50.1 KB
gauravdgr8 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tata Indica Vista Refresh : Test Drive & Review Stratos Official New Car Reviews 201 7th January 2016 20:30
Tata Safari GX 4x2 Update : Sold at 72,000 KMs jkrishnakj Long-Term Ownership Reviews 126 14th June 2015 22:38
Tata Indica Vista REFRESH akhilesh51 The Indian Car Scene 46 30th August 2011 12:30
Elantra CRDi - 2yrs Young, 49K Strong and hungry for more.... convivial Long-Term Ownership Reviews 6 7th July 2008 13:34


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 15:25.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks