Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2011, 16:19   #31
BHPian
 
allinbalance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 43
Thanked: 17 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Congrats abhi_k007.

Very good write up there. I was a little surprised that you did not like the Rapid.

Fluidic Verna undoubtedly is one of the best looking sedan (I like Linea too). The overall package is tremendous and unbeatable. If someone is using it mostly inside city, then its a gem of a car. The fit & finish is mind blowing and every corner oozes quality.

Please upload more pics.

Wishing you many happy miles with the beauty.
On Janmastami day this year, I took delivery of my white beauty 1.6L SX Petrol VERNA and it is a smasher. The petrol engine is a stonker (I beat a Cruze LT Diesel hands down in a quick race on the way to BIAL airport recently ), the interiors are great and the features are super cool.

By the way, I have replaced the headunit with a CASKA touchscreen and additional high sensitivity handsfree microphone, imported Japanese alloys and 100% custom Stanley interiors.

A quick one since this is a ownership report thread. For my Petrol 1.6SX Verna, my service center (Trident Hyundai/Yeshwanthpur, Bangalore) says that first free service after 1 month and the second after ONE YEAR!!!

Cross checking with all following this thread, is this true? Is this what you also have been told?

Last edited by aah78 : 29th December 2011 at 20:00. Reason: Posts merged. Please use the MULTI-QUOTE / QUOTE + buttons when responding to multiple posts. Thanks
allinbalance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2011, 13:45   #32
BHPian
 
esranjith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Chennai
Posts: 31
Thanked: 3 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna fluidic 1.6 CRDI SX(O) -Diesel Rocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by allinbalance View Post
A quick one since this is a ownership report thread. For my Petrol 1.6SX Verna, my service center (Trident Hyundai/Yeshwanthpur, Bangalore) says that first free service after 1 month and the second after ONE YEAR!!!

Cross checking with all following this thread, is this true? Is this what you also have been told?
Now that you have asked,

The owners manual says first free service in 1 month and second in 1 year (after the date of delivery). So, it should be same.

however, my dealer kept calling me for second free service and said its due in 6 months. I asked him to pick the manual and check. they later said its after 1 year.

Hope this helps. Sorry, not in India right now, can you check with their call center number? or walk into any other dealer and check?
esranjith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2011, 15:08   #33
BHPian
 
allinbalance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 43
Thanked: 17 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna fluidic 1.6 CRDI SX(O) -Diesel Rocket

As a proud owner, I wanted to share some photos with you all..

Hyundai Verna fluidic 1.6 CRDI SX(O) -Diesel Rocket-1.jpg

Name:  2.JPG
Views: 28368
Size:  52.8 KB

Hyundai Verna fluidic 1.6 CRDI SX(O) -Diesel Rocket-3.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 29th December 2011 at 20:00.
allinbalance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2011, 15:19   #34
BHPian
 
deadguy25's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 236
Thanked: 42 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna fluidic 1.6 CRDI SX(O) -Diesel Rocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by allinbalance View Post
A quick one since this is a ownership report thread. For my Petrol 1.6SX Verna, my service center (Trident Hyundai/Yeshwanthpur, Bangalore) says that first free service after 1 month and the second after ONE YEAR!!!

Cross checking with all following this thread, is this true? Is this what you also have been told?
For my 1.6 fluidic (CRDI), the first service is after a month and the second is after a year or 10,000 Kms, whichever is earlier. I got it checked and confirmed.
deadguy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2011, 15:30   #35
BHPian
 
allinbalance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 43
Thanked: 17 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna fluidic 1.6 CRDI SX(O) -Diesel Rocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by esranjith View Post
Now that you have asked,

The owners manual says first free service in 1 month and second in 1 year (after the date of delivery). So, it should be same.

however, my dealer kept calling me for second free service and said its due in 6 months. I asked him to pick the manual and check. they later said its after 1 year.

Hope this helps. Sorry, not in India right now, can you check with their call center number? or walk into any other dealer and check?
I did. Hyundai confirms 1 year or KM whichever is higher as per manual. This is really very good in terms of maintenance costs.
allinbalance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2011, 15:41   #36
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 251
Thanked: 17 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna fluidic 1.6 CRDI SX(O) -Diesel Rocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by allinbalance View Post
On Janmastami day this year, I took delivery of my white beauty 1.6L SX Petrol VERNA and it is a smasher. The petrol engine is a stonker (I beat a Cruze LT Diesel hands down in a quick race on the way to BIAL airport recently ), the interiors are great and the features are super cool.

By the way, I have replaced the headunit with a CASKA touchscreen and additional high sensitivity handsfree microphone, imported Japanese alloys and 100% custom Stanley interiors.
Congrats on your excellent purchase! Since we do not have many petrol Verna owners, could you please share your experience with the petrol engine? How much mileage do you get? People say Diesel Verna handles better than Petrol one..any comments on your handling exp at high speeds?

And a Verna with Caska, i think this is the first one on team-bhp!! Just curious, since the Verna already comes with reverse camera, bluetooth etc, what was the purpose of going for the Caska? GPS? Could you please share some snaps of the caska and of your car?
pamishra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2011, 15:41   #37
BHPian
 
allinbalance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 43
Thanked: 17 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkishya View Post
One of the major plus points of Verna over Vento is the engine refinement, clutch and the cabin noise. If you go thru the ownership reviews of quite a few Vento owners, there are quite a few Vento owners who have been complaining about excessive engine noise inside the cabin and the coarse engine and the hard clutch.

I might live with the Verna not handling as superbly as the Vento at 120+ kmph; but I definitely cannot accept driving a car daily to work which is noiser and has heavy clutch. I need peace of mind while driving to work even if it's in the bumper-to-bumper traffic !!
I would disagree that Verna does not handle as superbly as Vento. My neighbour has a new Vento and after driving it, I could not find anything outstanding about Vento handling. It is certainly a muscular car - typically European - but handling of both cars are similar. The Verna clutch is far more comfortable and the engine quieter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamishra View Post
Congrats on your excellent purchase! Since we do not have many petrol Verna owners, could you please share your experience with the petrol engine? How much mileage do you get? People say Diesel Verna handles better than Petrol one..any comments on your handling exp at high speeds?

And a Verna with Caska, i think this is the first one on team-bhp!! Just curious, since the Verna already comes with reverse camera, bluetooth etc, what was the purpose of going for the Caska? GPS? Could you please share some snaps of the caska and of your car?
The Petrol Verna is a dream to handle. The engine is super quiet and super peppy. I mentioned that I beat a Cruze LT Diesel hands down on the BIAL highway earlier . It does not whine or feel grating even at 135KMPH (that's the max I have gone since the wife snapped at me when I pushed it higher ).

The Caska was for the Video capability and GPS (CASKA HU comes with MapMyIndia built in with the microSD card). I put in a 16GB MicroSD with a bunch of cartoons for my daughter to see..

Photos I have uploaded - I think the mods are reviewing it before release.

Last edited by aah78 : 29th December 2011 at 19:59. Reason: Posts merged. Please use the MULTI-QUOTE / QUOTE + buttons when responding to multiple posts. Thanks!
allinbalance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2011, 16:04   #38
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 251
Thanked: 17 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna fluidic 1.6 CRDI SX(O) -Diesel Rocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by allinbalance View Post
The Petrol Verna is a dream to handle. The engine is super quiet and super peppy. I mentioned that I beat a Cruze LT Diesel hands down on the BIAL highway earlier . It does not whine or feel grating even at 135KMPH (that's the max I have gone since the wife snapped at me when I pushed it higher ).

The Caska was for the Video capability and GPS (CASKA HU comes with MapMyIndia built in with the microSD card). I put in a 16GB MicroSD with a bunch of cartoons for my daughter to see..

Photos I have uploaded - I think the mods are reviewing it before release.
Great to know that you finding the car stable at high speeds too And what mileage is the petrol engine giving?

The photos are up. WOW, the car looks wonderful with the Casku HU. Can the bluetooth controls on the steering be integrated with the caska bluetooth? So for reverse cam and bluetooth, are you using the caska?

Last edited by pamishra : 29th December 2011 at 16:08.
pamishra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2011, 16:25   #39
BHPian
 
allinbalance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 43
Thanked: 17 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna fluidic 1.6 CRDI SX(O) -Diesel Rocket

Thanks, pamishra! The mileage is about 14KMPL in crawl traffic, about 15.5KMPL when I hit the NICE Road in Bangalore.

CASKA HU is a OEM approved kit and fitted by Hyundai authorized dealer and purchased through their showroom. I wanted to make absolutely sure that there are no warranty issues and the fitter does not mess with the in dash wiring.

Yes, you are right. When the CASKA HU went in the rev cam went into the indash display of the CASKA. The original handsfree MIC remains (above the driver's head) and the HU adds a high sensitivity MIC on top of it. The MIC gets clipped on to the edge of the ceiling padding and the windscreen.

The CASKA HU integrates to all steering based controls - volume, music track change, call pick up and terminate, mute/unmute, flip function - et all. Not a single wiring is changed, its just a plug which goes into the master steering control cables.

This one is the latest model so it supports everything - CD/DVD/MP4/WMA, MP3/CD, USB/MicroSD, GPS, Radio, Virtual CD, Proximity alert - the whole lot. The USD even takes a handycam interface. We took our camera on a road trip and I actually played back the recordings in the camera using the USB in the HU display for my daughter!!


Oh and yes.. the bluetooth of the CASKA HU is MUUUCCHHH better than the OEM HU. It integrates with the OEM electricals and functionality seamlessly.

In the OEM HU, you might lose sync if you have the habit of siwthing off your engine in a long duration traffic signal. It was happening to me before I changed it.

In the CASKA, it reconnects instantly regardless of the number of times you crank the engine.
allinbalance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2011, 23:05   #40
BHPian
 
junkishya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 141
Thanked: 38 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna fluidic 1.6 CRDI SX(O) -Diesel Rocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by allinbalance View Post
I would disagree that Verna does not handle as superbly as Vento. My neighbour has a new Vento and after driving it, I could not find anything outstanding about Vento handling. It is certainly a muscular car - typically European - but handling of both cars are similar. The Verna clutch is far more comfortable and the engine quieter.
I'll take your word for it .. I haven't driven the Vento myself. Had been driving Palio for last 9 years, like a typical European car, it has better build and handling, but Verna is SMOOOTH !!

Have gone as far as 175 kmph on the Blore - Hyd highway. Had uploaded snap of it but was booted by moderator for posting reckless driving pics. Verna pulls very confidently till 150-160. However if there is any unevenness on the road, the confidence is shaken a bit. I've tried 165 kmph on Palio. Did not lose confidence on Palio even at that speed. However Palio took some effort to reach that speed !!
junkishya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2011, 08:55   #41
BHPian
 
allinbalance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 43
Thanked: 17 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna fluidic 1.6 CRDI SX(O) -Diesel Rocket

I have to concur with you, Junkishya. The VERNA high speed drive capabilties has one shortcoming. If you need to manouvre or negotiate a rough patch in a highway at anything 100KMPH+, it is a little skittish. The car does not wobble or fishtail (good planted stance), but - for all the VERNA drivers out there - this car as ground clearance issues at high speed.

I saw a Black Verna in the workshop (the day they fitted the CASKA unit) which had its condenser pipe sheared clean off. It was a major job since this car engine is imported CBU from South Korea and not assembled here.

The owner told me that there was a repaired patch (untarred) on the highway to Anantpur (near Andhra border) and he was doing about 120KMPH. He controlled it, but the engine section dipped when he slammed the brakes and the undercarriage scraped the repair and the pipe came off...!!!
allinbalance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2011, 10:48   #42
BHPian
 
esranjith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Chennai
Posts: 31
Thanked: 3 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna fluidic 1.6 CRDI SX(O) -Diesel Rocket

I got a question. I have a Verna Diesel 1.6 CRDI and the coil (for heater before you start your engine) never comes up. As soon as i switch on the ignition, the coil symbol comes up and goes out immediately. Do you guys see the same or is it just because of hot weather (Chennai, you know!). My dads diesel Accent always preheats for a couple of seconds before i can start it.
esranjith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2011, 11:15   #43
BHPian
 
esranjith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Chennai
Posts: 31
Thanked: 3 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna fluidic 1.6 CRDI SX(O) -Diesel Rocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by allinbalance View Post
The owner told me that there was a repaired patch (untarred) on the highway to Anantpur (near Andhra border) and he was doing about 120KMPH. He controlled it, but the engine section dipped when he slammed the brakes and the undercarriage scraped the repair and the pipe came off...!!!
That is scary!! i hit the under carriage right below engine once.. again there was a rock right around a turn on a highway... thank God nothing happened.. If i may, my 2 cents.. i'll tell you what i would do. lets say you missed to see a bump and you are close to it.. i wouldnt hit the brakes if i'm too close.. the reason is, punching on the brakes will put all the weight of the car on front shocks downwards and the bump is going to put a lot of force on the shocks upwards.. not good at all.. it would make lesser damage if you didnt hit the brakes.. and with a car like Verna, it might even rip the bumpers off..ofcourse, guys here must already be experts.. correct me if im wrong..
esranjith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2011, 11:57   #44
BHPian
 
allinbalance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 43
Thanked: 17 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna fluidic 1.6 CRDI SX(O) -Diesel Rocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by esranjith View Post
I got a question. I have a Verna Diesel 1.6 CRDI and the coil (for heater before you start your engine) never comes up. As soon as i switch on the ignition, the coil symbol comes up and goes out immediately. Do you guys see the same or is it just because of hot weather (Chennai, you know!). My dads diesel Accent always preheats for a couple of seconds before i can start it.
This is a technological improvement. Nothing wrong in your car. Its the same way in all Diesel Fluidic Vernas. Just checked with Trident Hyundai Engineer.
allinbalance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2011, 12:04   #45
BHPian
 
allinbalance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 43
Thanked: 17 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna fluidic 1.6 CRDI SX(O) -Diesel Rocket

@esranjth, you are 100% right. But the flipside of doing this is that passengers could suffer whiplash damage on their necks or bang their heads. Fluidic VERNA's other weak area is poor headroom in the back seat.

Have you noticed that the spare tyre is also not bolted or clipped down? For the loads of features it comes which that would have been a good safeguard.

I guess the key is what all the Senior BHPians keep saying in so many threads, safe and steady driving is what works best - specially in our country where roads and traffic sense are hairy..
allinbalance is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The New Fluidic Oil Burner of our Family - Hyundai Verna 1.6 CRDI SX razorBlades Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 33 31st July 2015 19:09
The Gangnam Diaries - Hyundai Fluidic Verna 1.6 CRDi Ownership Tassem Long-Term Ownership Reviews 47 22nd January 2015 07:42
Hyundai Verna SX CRDi (ABS) - My "Silver Rocket" newcoolgadgets Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 35 22nd October 2013 15:06
My Fluidic Hyundai Verna SX 1.6L CRDI deepjaju Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 27 28th April 2013 21:41
My new car - The New Fluidic Hyundai Verna 1.6 SX(O) CRDI MT gandavadi Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 28 24th July 2012 15:06


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 18:17.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks