Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 21st April 2012, 10:28   #31
BHPian

Default Re: Rallye Red Honda Jazz X comes home

Hello Ashok,

Wonderful review.

I reside in BLR and was almost going to book Brio this month, when my wife told me to check Jazz once (Jazz was always the hatch my heart wanted to buy), but thought it must be expensive. And also FE, considering the rising Petrol prices. But when she showed me the features and cost of the three variants, I was spell bound realizing the value for money.

The base model costs 7.20 lakhs in blr.
I called up the Honda showrooms in BLR and was told that the waiting period is 6 months. Then I saw your post, and saw that you live in blr but bought the Jazz in Salem. So I called up the Salem Sundaram motors and was impressed with the professionalism shown by one Padmanaban there, while on phone. This experience in blr has not been quite good for me.

Coming to the point, thanks to you, I've decided to buy it from Sundaram Motors Salem. But I've one doubt about registration. I see that you did a temperory registration in Salem. I am going to buy the car in Salem and get it to BLR the same day.
- As you know the road tax here in blr is more, so should I also spend 5000 INR for temp. registration and then get it registered in BLR?
- Or can I get it registered in Salem itself (will save me some road tax cost if I do that).
- Do you foresee any problems with traffic cops here, when they see a TN registered car in blr?

Your inputs will greatly help me.
Thanks in advance!
harryskt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2012, 12:56   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnashokkumar View Post
The worst ever was 10Kmpl in city when I covered a distance of 15 kms in 1.5 hours with A/C ON and this is also the only time so far.
Makes me wonder if I should be worried at all with the 8kmpl I got with my Linea T Jet in horrible traffic. I have a daily commute of 13km that takes no less than 60 minutes to cover.

The Honda Jazz is such a excellent car that I only wish the market would accept it more. Are people hesitant to buy one due to its size and wondering if the fuel efficiency might be low is anyone's guess. In my opinion, there is no better value for money hatch in the segment. The Jazz is the best.
sandeepmohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2012, 19:12   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryskt View Post
- As you know the road tax here in blr is more, so should I also spend 5000 INR for temp. registration and then get it registered in BLR?
- Or can I get it registered in Salem itself (will save me some road tax cost if I do that).
- Do you foresee any problems with traffic cops here, when they see a TN registered car in blr?
Hello Harry,
Itís great to see you are considering the Jazz, a decision which you would not be regretting for. After the Jazz experience, I have tried close to all vehicles in that segment and still feel this to be the best. And Ofcourse the rising petrol price hurts a bit but considering the fuel economy, comfort and the ride what Jazz provides is absolute peace of mind.
The showroom guys are quite professional. Mr. Padmanabhan was the first person we spoke regarding the car. He then redirected us to Mr. Suresh, the sales executive. Suresh was quite helpful during the entire process. I would PM his number to you if you require.
And regarding registration, What I was told is the vehicle cannot be delivered without a registration (either the permanent or temp. registration). Temporary registration in Salem and permanent registration in Bangalore will surely cost you a minimum of Rs.45,000 additionally on the OTR price of the vehicle. Registration in Salem is also possible only if there are supporting address proof documents for registration.
I have been driving the vehicle for close to 5 months here and have not been stopped by cops so far. But one of my friend's TN registered vehicle is booked and he had to pay a hefty amount to get his original RC back. Most of the times, I take the vehicle during the weekend for long drives to TN or rarely take it to office on peak timings. My ride on Bangalore roads is very minimal.
Hope I have answered your questions. Please do post if you have any.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
The Honda Jazz is such a excellent car that I only wish the market would accept it more. Are people hesitant to buy one due to its size and wondering if the fuel efficiency might be low is anyone's guess. In my opinion, there is no better value for money hatch in the segment. The Jazz is the best.
Yeah it is a true driver's car. Now I really started dreaming about the Jazz 1.5 and would love to see Honda diesel cars in India. Honda is quite unlucky with Jazz in India; Initially it was the price which was a letdown and then the Thailand floods. Anyways considering last month's sales numbers, Brio hits good numbers which is a good news for Honda but makes the Jazz fans think about Jazz's future in the country.
gnashokkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2012, 07:28   #34
BHPian

Hi Ashok,
Thanks for your response. After a few discussions (With Padmanaban, and friends), I've decided to get the vehicle in Bangalore. Buying it outside Bangalore and registering it looks a bit complex.
Anyways, have booked my black Jazz yesterday with Dakshin Honda; hoping for the delivery in June.

Thanks again, Ashok!
harryskt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2012, 11:49   #35

Quote:
Hi Ashok,

Anyways, have booked my black Jazz yesterday with Dakshin Honda; hoping for the delivery in June.

Thanks again, Ashok!
Great New Harryskt. Would love to see you booking / Delivery experience and pics as soon as you get it delivered . I wish you get the vehicle within the mentioned waiting period.

- Ashok.
gnashokkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2012, 18:10   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Ashok,
Thanks for your response. After a few discussions (With Padmanaban, and friends), I've decided to get the vehicle in Bangalore. Buying it outside Bangalore and registering it looks a bit complex.

Thanks again, Ashok!
Hi harryskt, hope you have got the possession of your baby!
Would appreciate your ownership views and opinion. A new thread maybe?
Am interested in Jazz and trying to collect as much info as possible.
MotoNanu is offline   Reply With Quote