Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 15th June 2013, 17:22   #151
BHPian

Default Re: Hyundai EON - Initial Ownership review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
@mahen_narang
Hows the EON doing? You must be getting ready for the monsoons yeah? How do the headlights perform in rains / on wet roads at night? is the throw powerful enough for a safe highway ride?
Hello Reinhard, my EON is doing fine and feel lucky after listening to the other posts about Axle replacements. My purchase was in early November 2011 when the car was newly launched and I had no such detailed reviews to read. I liked the car, took my shot and today I have clocked 8200Kms hassle free months.

What so you mean with the question, getting ready for the rains? I haven't done anything in particular preparing for the rains

The Headlights are quite OK, in the Dipper mode the lights seem in-adequate not covering a lot of distance. The Upper mode is lot more better. However since I hate getting sharp beams from others driving conveniently with their head lights in Upper mode, I do not trouble others in the same way. City lights are quite OK to continue driving in the Lower beam on the highways (WE). Although when I travel through Aarey road (Goregaon, Mumbai) the lights seem in-adequate in terms of its Throw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocker_01 View Post
Amen.
By the way, I just got a call from Hyundai requesting me to give a 10/10 rating for customer satisfaction! Can you imagine that? I started laughing when I heard it!
Rocker_01, yours is an unfortunate story. You have done the right thing by selling the car OFF and moving ON. As rightly mentioned earlier, these are Machines and not much can be done when they Disappoint. All the Best Ahead with the Alto, keep us posted with your new experience.
mahen_narang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2013, 09:41   #152
BHPian

Thumbs up Hyundia EON - Engine Upgrade

Hello friends,

The day I bought the EON, November 2011, there was a strong perception that someday Hyundai will put Santro's engine under the hood of EON.

Here is referene to the article in DNA yesterday in this regards,

http://epaper.dnaindia.com/story.asp...009&ed_page=10

Am sure the car would do a lot better with this engine upgrade and start competing harder with its Maruti counterparts.
Old 6th January 2014, 10:48   #153
BHPian

Smile Re: Hyundai EON - Initial Ownership review

Hey Friends, I completed 12K Kms on my EON yesterday. the car is doing great and am loving it.
The LTD sticker is Up on the rear door to celebrate the same

Last edited by mahen_narang : 6th January 2014 at 10:49. Reason: Mistake
Old 6th January 2014, 12:59   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahen_narang View Post
Hey Friends, I completed 12K Kms on my EON yesterday. the car is doing great and am loving it.
Hello Mehen,

Congrats on successfully completing 12,000 kms on your beloved Hyundai Eon in little over two years.

So how is the car doing? What is the average mileage you are getting in city & highways? Given the condition of Aarey Road till last month, do you still travel by this road?

Also any modifications planned in near future?

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2014, 17:57   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Hello Mehen,

Congrats on successfully completing 12,000 kms on your beloved Hyundai Eon in little over two years.

So how is the car doing? What is the average mileage you are getting in city & highways? Given the condition of Aarey Road till last month, do you still travel by this road?

Also any modifications planned in near future?

Thanks,
Thanks Jignesh.
As i said the car is doing great, very smooth transmission, no vibrating gear handle, no rattles from any corner despite travelling through the Aarey road

Until last month my morning route used to be JVLR and evening's by Aarey. Now that the road has improved to a large extent it is Aarey to and fro.

Well, regards modification, I have a small dent on the roof, next when I rectify it am planning for a Black coloured roof, guess it will look good in contrast to the Mushroom body.
Was planning for Alloys earlier, should have done it when the car was new, have kept it pending since long.
Nothing much beyond this.

Mileage is consistent between 15-17Kmpl depending on the AC usage (80% most of the time) and traffic.

Last edited by mahen_narang : 6th January 2014 at 17:59. Reason: spelling mistake
mahen_narang is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2014, 16:13   #156
Senior - BHPian

@mahen: We are considering EON Magna for the missus. Price after discount is around Rs. 4 lac.

Can you share the service costs for the first two, three services?
S_U_N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2014, 22:15   #157
BHPian

Thumbs up Re: Hyundai EON - Initial Ownership review

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
@mahen: We are considering EON Magna for the missus. Price after discount is around Rs. 4 lac.

Can you share the service costs for the first two, three services?
Hello, there was no expense in the first service, second had Oil change which costed about 750 Rs. In the third service as well I got the Oil changed and few other check ups. the cost was about 900 Rs.
This is all that I have spent so far on the car in the previous 2 years.

Other than the service costs, have got an insurance claim where i spent 4K from my pocket, this involved change of rear bumper and paint job on the right entire portion of the car.

The car is doing well and have no issues with it. All the Best for your purchase and keep posting about your EON experience.
Old 5th April 2014, 12:34   #158
BHPian

Hello mahen_narang! I too just bought an Eon Magna+ in Maharaja Red! Nice little car. I just have one query to ask. My car comes with inbuilt Music system but I can't find a CD player sadly! The slot seems to be covered. But in your pic, I can very well see the CD slot and even in the Owners Manual or the website, I see the CD slot too. Any idea? Or was there some sort of a cover while you bought the car for the CD slot?

Thanks in advance!
freakmuzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2014, 12:56   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakmuzik View Post
Hello mahen_narang! I too just bought an Eon Magna+ in Maharaja Red! Nice little car. I just have one query to ask. My car comes with inbuilt Music system but I can't find a CD player sadly! The slot seems to be covered. But in your pic, I can very well see the CD slot and even in the Owners Manual or the website, I see the CD slot too. Any idea? Or was there some sort of a cover while you bought the car for the CD slot?

Thanks in advance!
Hi freakmuzik, congrats on your new car. Based on my usage of about 2+ years i can comfortably say that the car is really good. Enjoy your drive.

Regards the music system, its a surprise why they would remove the CD player. The slot is very thin with no cover, hope you are not missing it
in my case, it never came with a cover for sure.

You can check with the dealer again, not sure if this is the change in the new production lot. The CD does work well and is worthy having one. Considering your name itself has "muzik" you would surely want it.

Let us all know about the findings. All the Best.
Old 1st September 2014, 00:39   #160
BHPian

Smile Re: Hyundai EON - Initial Ownership review

Hello friends,

Am writing after a long time. 16.7K Kms done and am totally satisfied with the car.

Last month got a PMS check done on the car, was charged Rs 1350 for it and still thinking what the technicians did in it. I was told that a computerised ECU is done but no report for the same is shared.
Anyways, since there are no issues with the car, dont mind spending on its upkeep.

Oh yes, Aarey road, Goregaon did punch 3 holes in my front left tyre, 3 punctures together was a bad experience.

Drove the car to Lonavla last week, Bushi dam, Tiger point, the drive was great and the steep slopes in 1st gear were no issues. Yes, one feels the lack of power on such occasions but then my car is meant for city use so cannot compare or complain.

Took a test drive for Elite i20 last weekend and just loved the car. Will perhaps look for a change in the coming year. BTW am told that i will get 1.75L to 2L for my EON, wonder if this is good for an exchange value.

BTW, I wonder why is the official elite i20 review not yet posted on the forum. any idea?

My mileage on the EON stays between 13 and 15, varies with the traffic conditions. Am sure will not get any thing like this on i20 in city.

Will wait for the Tata Bolt as well, checked the Zest and loved the change that Tata Motors has done with its design team and approach to the market. Good Luck to them.
Old 1st September 2014, 12:21   #161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
BTW am told that i will get 1.75L to 2L for my EON, wonder if this is good for an exchange value.My mileage on the EON stays between 13 and 15, varies with the traffic conditions.
Hello Friend,

Good to see you back after almost six months.

As you know the resale value of the car depreciates the most during first two / three of ownership. If there is any thought of upgrading next year, I will suggest to explore the options of keeping the current car as daily family car. Also it can be a good option for some of your family members to practice their driving skills once you upgrade to another car.

Further are you still getting mileage of 13 to 15 in current monsoon traffic conditions? I am sure the traffic situation in mornings and evenings will be worst than last year.

Also what was the mileage during Lonavala drive?

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2014, 17:02   #162
BHPian

Just completed 20K happy kilometers on my EON.

Bought it on 19th Feb, 2012. I was out of India for 10 months in 2013 on deputation. So, there was limited running of the car at that time.

Recently done the first paid service which included,

1) Front brake shoe replacement.
2) Wiper blade replacement.

apart from the regular fluid replacements/top-ups.

The car is running awesome and owning a Hyundai has been fuss free as of now.

FE (both with AC 100%):

City : 12.5 kmpl.
Highway : 19-19.5 kmpl.

FE in winter:

City : 14.5-15 kmpl
Highway : Same as above, as I always drive in highways with AC on 100%.

Last edited by gearhead_mait : 5th September 2014 at 17:05.
gearhead_mait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2015, 16:25   #163
BHPian

Default First expense on wear n tear

Hello friends, four years of ownership, 25K Kms and a happy owner of the car.
Well, am writing today to report my first maintenance on wear and tear, front right wheel since last few days was giving a quirking sound while turning. During my last service in July my advisor had told me that brake shoe is due for replacement.
So took the car today to sai auto hyundai, they confirmed that both front brake shoes should be replaced.
One strange thing here is that the sound used to come only of the car is standing for a long time. Not sure why it has to be with brake shoe, one would expect it to come all the time.
Anyways, brake shoe 1065 Rs, cleaning and servicing of all wheels for brakes 650 Rs and disc skimming 950 Rs are the charges.

I am not convinced of disk skimming charges, the service advisor explained that the new brake pads are to be adjusted with the disk and hence they are to be removed and put on a buff. Did not feel convinced but agreed. Any suggestions from experts here!

So with the above as first real expense on wear and tear after 4 years, I think now onwards the car would get expensive on maintenance. Let's see. Would keep updating.
mahen_narang is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2015, 10:35   #164
BHPian

Default Re: First expense on wear n tear

Quote:
..front right wheel since last few days was giving a quirking sound while turning.
Are you sure it is coming from the front right wheel? Seems to me that the problem lies with the loose fan belt.

Last edited by gearhead_mait : 8th December 2015 at 10:36.
gearhead_mait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2015, 10:42   #165
BHPian

Try with Airconditioner off. If you get the noise only when AC is on then its definitely a belt issue. Our Eon has similar noise which is coming from belt which I will get fixed in next service besides other things.
manishkapadia is offline   Reply With Quote