Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 17th August 2016, 19:45   #166
BHPian

Default Re: First expense on wear n tear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead_mait View Post
Are you sure it is coming from the front right wheel? Seems to me that the problem lies with the loose fan belt.
well, i write after a long time. During my visit to service center notified the same again and asked them to check the timming belt. they said they have done something and the problem should not repeat. It actually did not for a few days but then re-occured. It repeats every few days and specially when the car has just started and am taking a turn.
mahen_narang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2016, 19:48   #167
BHPian

Default Re: Hyundai EON - Initial Ownership review

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishkapadia View Post
Try with Airconditioner off. If you get the noise only when AC is on then its definitely a belt issue. Our Eon has similar noise which is coming from belt which I will get fixed in next service besides other things.
The problem mainly occurs when the car is started and am turning, i usually put the AC ON for a reasonable time till the right engine temperature is reached. So the point you make actually does not apply.

Did your problem get rectified, please post about it in detail.
Old 17th August 2016, 20:12   #168
BHPian

Post Tyre Change

29.5 Kms on the Odo and with repeated punctures, i was advised that the stock tyres of Goodyear needs replacement. Not sure if this is the normal run for stock tyres. The treads and the side walls looked good but it seems the rubber had hardened. i drive about 100 Kms a week on alternate days as I pool car with my office colleague.

The decision for the new set of tyres, particularly the brand was interesting. Observed and read online regards car Tyres.
Read the Apollo factory coverage on Team-BHP (very interesting and insghtful post).
Checked online prices for a week, Apollo, Bridgestone, Michillin etc.
Spoke to a few friends and most of them suggested Michillin.
An old friend owns a Car Tyre agency and hence i got in touch with him.

Finally after about 10 days of read and search landed up at his shop. He thoroughly checked all the tyres and his suggestion was to change all four tyres and the best of the five to be retained as spare wheel.

I agreed to his suggestion. Now his was a Apollo agency but he threw in a different option to me.

Chinese tyres

Well, in all my preparation i never thought of this angle.
He placed Apollo Amazer 3G and a Chinese tyre 13" 155/65 in front of me. The treads looked better on the chinese one. Lifted both of them and found the weight to be similar.

Total confusion, left the decision on him. His advise was that Chinese tyres are equivalent of the other known brands and he would suggest me to go for it.

i once again took his suggestion and agreed. .Infact he asked me if i would like to go for a wider tyre as there was an option of 13" 165/65 option as well. I liked the thought as wider tyres would look better and offer more grip and safety. Ofcourse the fact that there would be a marginal affect on fuel efficiency was explained to me and I was not really worried on that.

Until now, we never discussed price. He finished the work. I took a test drive and loved the new feel on the car.
The tyres were less noisier and also felt good on the road. Tried few potholes as well and perhaps was in a mood to force realize that the car ran better on them

Well, have covered close to 600 Kms post the tyre change and I am really Happy with the change.

Regards price, as compared to Apollo, these new set of 4 tyres of Chinese make were a good 4K lesser.

So, today I ride on Jinyu 13" 165/65 and thus far things are good.

Of-course later i did read about how Indian companies are affected with dumping from china, felt bad it but then the decision was taken.
Old 18th August 2016, 12:51   #169

First of all congratulations for the new tyres and it's good to know that you are happy with the new tyres. But I really doubt about the reliability of these Chinese make tyres as these tyres are made up of cheap materials as far as I know!

When I had Eon I was in the same dilemma whether to go for wider tyres or not but finally ended up buying wider Michelin XM2 (165/65 R13) tyres from a well known shop here in Kolkata. After the tyre change there was significant improvement in ride quality and handling without any effect on the fuel efficiency.

Hyundai EON - Initial Ownership review-20130612_141606.jpg

Hyundai EON - Initial Ownership review-20130612_144623.jpg

Last edited by BODHI25 : 18th August 2016 at 13:17.
BODHI25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2016, 14:55   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahen_narang View Post

Did your problem get rectified, please post about it in detail.
Actually it did. I had to get the fan belt tightened and properly greased. Yes the noise was with same symptom, Usually when car is started in the morning and at turns. But in my case it would go away if Ac switched off. The car is not used by me any more, its used by our office staff. But I am quite certain that it has not reoccurred post the fixing.

Since the car is also out of warranty now, It does not go for service to Hyundai, and I feel that our FNG guy is doing a better job to keep the car in good shape.
manishkapadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2016, 15:17   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishkapadia View Post
Actually it did. I had to get the fan belt tightened and properly greased. Yes the noise was with same symptom, Usually when car is started in the morning and at turns. But in my case it would go away if Ac switched off. The car is not used by me any more, its used by our office staff. But I am quite certain that it has not reoccurred post the fixing.

Since the car is also out of warranty now, It does not go for service to Hyundai, and I feel that our FNG guy is doing a better job to keep the car in good shape.
Thanks Manish, i am living with the problem so far. Often feel the lack of power as well. Will get this rectified soon. in my case as well the car is now out of extended warranty so would have a choice of going to anyone.
My last visit to Hyundai service center they did not do much to help me out with this issue and also expected a 10/10 rating. i have always been hard on them in this regards and give them a good rating only when they deserve.
Will keep updating.