Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2012, 11:04   #121
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 112
Thanked: 49 Times
Arrow Re: Hyundai EON - Initial Ownership review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurudatta Nayak View Post
Also do check out the new Hyundai Eon and compare with your version.

I have Booked Hyundai Eon Era+. I would like to fit a key less entry system which one is better?

Here is the list of Hyundai genuine accessories for Eon.
Hi Gurudatta,
I personally did not go for any of the Hyundai genuine accesories, i found that it is much cheaper to get these outside.
I bought Atomica car security system, it is similar to Autocop. you can go for Autocop, Xenos - both are quite popular and good ones.
The most importatn aspect is that you sould have a good dealer network around who can rectify any problem for the security system, incase you get one.
Seat covers, steering cover, floor mats are better available in the open market.
The roof rails are new to the list, i believe, i wonder how they look on EON, haven't seen any so far, interesting...
Enjoy the EON experience and let us all know how you dress your car.
mahen_narang is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2012, 11:36   #122
Senior - BHPian
 
mooza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,047
Thanked: 239 Times
Default Re: Hyundai EON - Initial Ownership review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurudatta Nayak View Post
I test drove the Dec 2011 Car and the June 2012 Car. There is a huge difference is the refinement level, vibration level and the Pickup. Upgrade version is fun to drive.
That is good to know

What were the odo readings on the Dec 2011 test drive model and the June 2012 test drive model ? Just curious to know.
mooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2012, 00:10   #123
BHPian
 
Gurudatta Nayak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Goa India
Posts: 139
Thanked: 77 Times
Default Re: Hyundai EON - Initial Ownership review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahen_narang View Post
Hi Gurudatta,
I personally did not go for any of the Hyundai genuine accesories, i found that it is much cheaper to get these outside.
I bought Atomica car security system, it is similar to Autocop. you can go for Autocop, Xenos - both are quite popular and good ones.
The most importatn aspect is that you sould have a good dealer network around who can rectify any problem for the security system, incase you get one.
Seat covers, steering cover, floor mats are better available in the open market.
The roof rails are new to the list, i believe, i wonder how they look on EON, haven't seen any so far, interesting...
Enjoy the EON experience and let us all know how you dress your car.
The dealer has offered a deal on following accessories
HKE 1 Act Security system = 1500/- (Discount price) Autocop xs cost 3800/-
Hyundai Window Roll up kit = 1148/-
3M under body Coat = 2000/- (Discount Price)

Rubber mats = Free
Hard Mud Flaps = Free
Idol = Free
Car Perfume = Free
Tissue Box = Free

Has anyone installed Hyundai Window Roll up kit for EON?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooza View Post
That is good to know

What were the odo readings on the Dec 2011 test drive model and the June 2012 test drive model ? Just curious to know.
ODO reading on 2011 was around 4800 kms and the 2012 was the Hyundai Dealers (owners) car which has done 950 kms.
The Dealer plans to sell of their 4 demo Eon(Sportz) Cars at discount price (50K + Road Tax + Insurance) and purchase new 2012 Demo Cars.
Gurudatta Nayak is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2012, 09:30   #124
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 112
Thanked: 49 Times
Default Re: Hyundai EON - Initial Ownership review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurudatta Nayak View Post
The dealer has offered a deal on following accessories
HKE 1 Act Security system = 1500/- (Discount price) Autocop xs cost 3800/-
Hyundai Window Roll up kit = 1148/-
3M under body Coat = 2000/- (Discount Price)

Rubber mats = Free
Hard Mud Flaps = Free
Idol = Free
Car Perfume = Free
Tissue Box = Free

Has anyone installed Hyundai Window Roll up kit for EON?



ODO reading on 2011 was around 4800 kms and the 2012 was the Hyundai Dealers (owners) car which has done 950 kms.
The Dealer plans to sell of their 4 demo Eon(Sportz) Cars at discount price (50K + Road Tax + Insurance) and purchase new 2012 Demo Cars.
Hi, you can check the links below for the accesories and 3M treatment that i got done for my car.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2628073 (Hyundai EON - Initial Ownership review)

Team-BHP - The Definitive Indian Car Community (Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Borivali, Mumbai))

Besides i think you are getting a good deal from your dealer and i guess you can go ahead with it. Upfront when the car was launched, i did not get any freebie, no discounts, no negotiations, yet i find the car worth every rupee spent on it.

Do keep updating about your experience and Yes, enjoy the EON experience

Last edited by mahen_narang : 17th July 2012 at 09:33. Reason: Adding some more info
mahen_narang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2012, 23:39   #125
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 112
Thanked: 49 Times
Arrow Re: Hyundai EON - Initial Ownership review

Hello friends, here i am again after a long break and completing 3500Kms on my ODO
the car is doing well but I sure have some nigling issues with my gear box. couple of times that the lever has slid to neutral position from the first gear position when I am on an incline and standstill.
the same has happened putting the car in the reverse gear as well during parking.
my second free service is due first week novemeber and this is the main issue that i need to get resolved.

Apart from this the car does feel short of power on flyovers and steeps. the behaviour here is often strange. somday it feels that the car is pulling along well and the next day it feels huffing and puffing on the same stretch. Its as if there is a sudden lag in the transmission.
I seriously want to hear about this from my other fellow EON owners.

Past few FE results have been close to 13.5KMPL. Monsoon traffic in Mumbai is simply horrible. Most of the time the car is travelling in the lower two gears. hence would not crib much about this.
mahen_narang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2012, 13:18   #126
Senior - BHPian
 
Jignesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Eindhoven, NL
Posts: 1,603
Thanked: 933 Times
Default Re: Hyundai EON - Initial Ownership review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahen_narang View Post
couple of times that the lever has slid to neutral position from the first gear position when I am on an incline and standstill.
Apart from this the car does feel short of power on flyovers and steeps. the behaviour here is often strange
Hello Mehen,

Congrats on you completing 3500 in your new Car. Also hope you are a more seasoned driver now.

Regarding Gear slipping - this seems to be serious issue & do get it solved in your second service.

Regarding loss of power, I drive a WagonR K10 (3 pot engine) & I too feel the same many times. Lack of power is something we need to get used to. While climbing slopes & flyovers, ensure that you are in right gear (1st or 2nd) & put a little more pressure on accelator. You may also require to switch off the Air Conditioner while climbing fly-overs during bumper to bumper traffic.

Regarding condition of roads, I cannot find words to describe the condition of Roads here in Mumbai.

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2012, 00:14   #127
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 112
Thanked: 49 Times
Default Re: Hyundai EON - Initial Ownership review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post

Congrats on you completing 3500 in your new Car. Also hope you are a more seasoned driver now.
Thanks Jignesh, Yes Mumbai's traffic and pathetic roads have seasoned me with enough experience


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Regarding Gear slipping - this seems to be serious issue & do get it solved in your second service.
Yes, will target this very soon and update about it.
Referring to Gurudatta's post earlier #118, checked with Modi Hyundai, they are not replacing any parts of the car manufactured before Jan 2012. Had thought that there is some problem with the gear box!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
You may also require to switch off the Air Conditioner while climbing fly-overs during bumper to bumper traffic.
Need to do this when the car is loaded with 4-5 passengers, i usually have just one friend on my co-passengers seat and with this load its fine most of the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Regarding condition of roads, I cannot find words to describe the condition of Roads here in Mumbai.
I agree, situation is just pathetic.
mahen_narang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2012, 09:43   #128
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 112
Thanked: 49 Times
Smile EON - Second Service, 11 months, 3850Km

Almost close to an year of ownership and the second service is due in the coming days. Have taken appointment with Modi Hyundai sevice shop for the 20th October 2012. The Odo reads 3850Kms today morning.
Any suggestions / precuations that I need to take during the second service.
I have not got the Oil change done so far hence that is definitely on the cards, what else should be on the mandatory list and what on the suggestion list.

The gear lever slipping is definitely one point on which I will have to fight out my case. Have read that the 2012 model has a lot more refined gear shift, also Gurudutta has earlier reported that Hyundia is changing parts on the older cars to resolve this issue. Modi Hyundai denied this but at the same time said that they will need to check the car thouroughly to suggest any change.

The owners manual gives a list of things that need to be inspected / replaced. I intend witnessing the entire servicing myself, hope I am allowed to do so.

Friends any suggestions!
mahen_narang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2012, 17:15   #129
Senior - BHPian
 
Jignesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Eindhoven, NL
Posts: 1,603
Thanked: 933 Times
Default Re: EON - Second Service, 11 months, 3850Km

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahen_narang View Post
The owners manual gives a list of things that need to be inspected / replaced. I intend witnessing the entire servicing myself, hope I am allowed to do so.
Hello,

I doubt whether they will allow you to be at the service centre to witness the whole process. Also I understand that you have already taken appointment for Saturday, 20th October, but these service centers persons are really busy on weeends & holidays. I would suggest that next time you take an appointment on weekday.

Yes the user manual lists a huge number of things to be checked & inspected. But nobody actually knows whether these checks are actually done or not.

Also regarding Engine oil replacement, you can refer to "Synthetic oil vs Mineral oil thread on T-BHP & then arrive at a decision - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modify...neral-oil.html (ARTICLE: Synthetic oil vs Mineral oil)

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2012, 15:55   #130
Senior - BHPian
 
harishnayak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: DELHI
Posts: 1,388
Thanked: 116 Times
Default Re: Hyundai EON - Initial Ownership review

Hi,

I'm sorry i read the thread in tits and bit however wanted to let you know that i've zeroed in on buying a EON Magna + after selling my Alto 2006.

I'm getting a good deal ( monetary ) hence this decision. Also i'm little worried about 2 things

1) Mileage of the car - Still don't have a clarity as to how much i can expect because with 3 cylinders it should ideally be 16 + in city driving with AC on ~ 85% of the times. Are there owners who get this kind of mileage

2) Why is this car not selling inspite of having a good design/right pricing/good features and above all the hyundai brand name attached to it?
harishnayak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2012, 21:10   #131
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 80
Thanked: 4 Times
Smile Re: Hyundai EON - Initial Ownership review

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnayak View Post
Hi,

I'm sorry i read the thread in tits and bit however wanted to let you know that i've zeroed in on buying a EON Magna + after selling my Alto 2006.

I'm getting a good deal ( monetary ) hence this decision. Also i'm little worried about 2 things

1) Mileage of the car - Still don't have a clarity as to how much i can expect because with 3 cylinders it should ideally be 16 + in city driving with AC on ~ 85% of the times. Are there owners who get this kind of mileage

2) Why is this car not selling inspite of having a good design/right pricing/good features and above all the hyundai brand name attached to it?
I am also looking at Eon. Though I have decided on i10, the driver air bag in Sportz Eon is an attractive feature and so I am considering it as an option. What is the OTR quoted for Magna?

The poor sales figure of Eon has been attributed to its weak 3 cylinder engine. It feels under-powered.
nvssudheer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2012, 21:15   #132
Senior - BHPian
 
harishnayak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: DELHI
Posts: 1,388
Thanked: 116 Times
Default Re: Hyundai EON - Initial Ownership review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvssudheer View Post
I am also looking at Eon. Though I have decided on i10, the driver air bag in Sportz Eon is an attractive feature and so I am considering it as an option. What is the OTR quoted for Magna?

The poor sales figure of Eon has been attributed to its weak 3 cylinder engine. It feels under-powered.
I'm OK with underpowered engine as it's going to be sparsely used ( 600-700 kms a month )

i'm going for a Magna + and the OTR in delhi that i've negotiated is 3.60 lacs , i'll be going for alloys and a premium number for which i've kept the rest of the budget of 40 K.

Would have gone for sportz if i did not have alloys and the premium number on my mind
harishnayak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2012, 11:05   #133
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 112
Thanked: 49 Times
Smile Re: Hyundai EON - Initial Ownership review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Yes the user manual lists a huge number of things to be checked & inspected. But nobody actually knows whether these checks are actually done or not.

Also regarding Engine oil replacement, you can refer to "Synthetic oil vs Mineral oil thread on T-BHP & then arrive at a decision - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modify...neral-oil.html (ARTICLE: Synthetic oil vs Mineral oil)

Thanks,
Hey, on the forum after a long time, have got my car serviced - 2nd free service and will post seperately in detail about the experience.
Yes Jignesh, you are right there are so many things written in the manual and one wonders if they do perform all the checks?
I was present at the service center alongside the car the whole duration except when the car went for the wash. Not much was checked or inspected.

Got a normal mineral oil added, the Modi Hyundai reps could not tell me the exact specs of the same but there were large Shell Oil drums kept around so I presume it was something that Hyundai prefers for all its cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnayak View Post
Hi,

I'm sorry i read the thread in tits and bit however wanted to let you know that i've zeroed in on buying a EON Magna + after selling my Alto 2006.

I'm getting a good deal ( monetary ) hence this decision. Also i'm little worried about 2 things

1) Mileage of the car - Still don't have a clarity as to how much i can expect because with 3 cylinders it should ideally be 16 + in city driving with AC on ~ 85% of the times. Are there owners who get this kind of mileage

2) Why is this car not selling inspite of having a good design/right pricing/good features and above all the hyundai brand name attached to it?
Hi, Harish Nayak, apologise for delayed response, hope you have got your car by now and can yourself contriute to the performance, mileage, likes and dislikes of the car. would like to hear from you, keep adding to the forum friend.

On the mileage front I got a consistent 13-13.5 odd during peak monsoon traffic. My last fill after monsoons got me a 14.5. Am yet to check the same after my 2nd service, will report that as well very soon.

Regards the sales figures, the month on month detailed sales chart on this forum tell it all. The car is indeed good and even I wonder about the reasonably low numbers. Perhaps Maruti is so firmly etched in our Indian market that people do not want to take chance, and that too when you are paying some 20-30K more over maruti's similar range cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvssudheer View Post
I am also looking at Eon. Though I have decided on i10, the driver air bag in Sportz Eon is an attractive feature and so I am considering it as an option. What is the OTR quoted for Magna?

The poor sales figure of Eon has been attributed to its weak 3 cylinder engine. It feels under-powered.
Hi NVSsudheer, incase you have got the EON Sprots over i10 then please update more on the experience and whether you are Happy with your decision, it can help potential buyers who like you get into this dilema.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnayak View Post
I'm OK with underpowered engine as it's going to be sparsely used ( 600-700 kms a month )

i'm going for a Magna + and the OTR in delhi that i've negotiated is 3.60 lacs , i'll be going for alloys and a premium number for which i've kept the rest of the budget of 40 K.

Would have gone for sportz if i did not have alloys and the premium number on my mind
Harish, the car is completly fine for city drive, yes you feel the lack of power on inclines but then the lower gear with added torque takes care of it. ofcourse you have to neglect the higher powered cars zipping past you at that time
Would love to see some pictures of your EON with Alloys, do update.
mahen_narang is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2012, 14:13   #134
Senior - BHPian
 
harishnayak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: DELHI
Posts: 1,388
Thanked: 116 Times
Default Re: Hyundai EON - Initial Ownership review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahen_narang View Post
Hey, on the forum after a long time, have got my car serviced - 2nd free service and will post seperately in detail about the experience.
Yes Jignesh, you are right there are so many things written in the manual and one wonders if they do perform all the checks?
I was present at the service center alongside the car the whole duration except when the car went for the wash. Not much was checked or inspected.

Got a normal mineral oil added, the Modi Hyundai reps could not tell me the exact specs of the same but there were large Shell Oil drums kept around so I presume it was something that Hyundai prefers for all its cars.



Hi, Harish Nayak, apologise for delayed response, hope you have got your car by now and can yourself contriute to the performance, mileage, likes and dislikes of the car. would like to hear from you, keep adding to the forum friend.

On the mileage front I got a consistent 13-13.5 odd during peak monsoon traffic. My last fill after monsoons got me a 14.5. Am yet to check the same after my 2nd service, will report that as well very soon.

Regards the sales figures, the month on month detailed sales chart on this forum tell it all. The car is indeed good and even I wonder about the reasonably low numbers. Perhaps Maruti is so firmly etched in our Indian market that people do not want to take chance, and that too when you are paying some 20-30K more over maruti's similar range cars.



Hi NVSsudheer, incase you have got the EON Sprots over i10 then please update more on the experience and whether you are Happy with your decision, it can help potential buyers who like you get into this dilema.



Harish, the car is completly fine for city drive, yes you feel the lack of power on inclines but then the lower gear with added torque takes care of it. ofcourse you have to neglect the higher powered cars zipping past you at that time
Would love to see some pictures of your EON with Alloys, do update.
Thanks for your response. I finally sold by Alto 1 day before Diwali ( 12th Nov ) and have the cash in hand with me now.

Went to 3 Hyundai showrooms on 13th Nov ( Diwali day ) to book the car but got to know that the showrooms would reopen on 15th which is today , However considering a week day i cannot go today.

Would be booking Magna + on this Sunday 18th Nov

Color - Grey

Want the delivery date on - 7th December

Preferred number - a combo of 0 & 7

Alloys - Would go in on 8th or 9th Dec

Will keep the group posted on the proceedings.
harishnayak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2012, 14:03   #135
Newbie
 
rocker_01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9
Thanked: 7 Times
Default Re: Hyundai EON - Initial Ownership review

Hi all,

Just wanted to give a quick update about my ownership experience so far. As you may or may not have read earlier, I took delivery of my car in March 2012, and so far I have driven it about 6000 kms. I have been taking very good care of the car - including going in for regular wax jobs to protect the paint. I have zero major scratches on the car (touch-wood), and I'd like to think that it is in pristine condition.

Or should I say "was" in pristine condition. Two days ago, I drove it to the local sports club where I use the swimming pool regularly. It reached there fine, but when I started on my way back, I heard some very weird knocking noises from the front left wheel. I pulled over immediately, and after 15 minutes of looking around, I recognized the source of the problem as the front axle. I did not try to drive it further as I knew it was going to make it worse, and called a tow truck instead and headed straight for the workshop. Once there, the technicians confirmed that the left fron axle has somehow shattered and was leaking gear oil. The cost of the replacement assembly would be around Rs. 8000, not including the labour, which would somehow not be covered by insurance because this was not accidental damage. I told them I had no intention of claiming insurance anyway as it seemed to be a manufacturing defect and should be replaced under warranty. They completely disagreed, insisting that I would have to pay for it myself. Initially, I was polite, but after an hour of pointless arguing, I lost my patience and told them that I would call Hyundai and lodge a complain against the dealership - a threat which had absolutely no effect. Feeling hopeless now, I threatened legal action and media complaints, after which they had a sudden relevation that warranty should cover the broken axle.

I write this not in anger, but in the frustration of a true car enthusiast. This was the first car I bought for myself with my very own money after getting my first job, and I have treated it with all the affection and love I can. I've never driven it rash, I've never gone over bumps too quickly, I've never otherwise abused it in any other way. I've never even let any of my friends drive it! On my way out of the workshop today, I was quietly informed by a technician that there was an entire batch of Eon's with bad front axles, and it would take only a slight amount of provocation to completely shatter them. Not sure if I believe him or not, but nothing else seems to make sense.

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones, because to me, this happened while I was still in a parking lot. I can't even imagine what would have happened if the axle would have let go at highway speeds...
rocker_01 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ownership Review - Hyundai Eon 1.0 sidzzone Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 3 14th December 2015 10:31
Hyundai i20 Magna - Initial ownership review and 4000 Km update Mubeen Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 49 11th October 2011 21:23


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 09:19.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks