Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 3rd April 2012, 23:16   #361
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Review: 2011 Toyota Fortuner 4x2 (MT & AT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedarwalke View Post
Got the 4 x 4 fortuner today,topped fuel tank and suprisingly it was 81 litres.Can someone confirm the fueltank capacity?
Tyre pressure was 42psig on all 4 tyres,kept the front tyres at 32 and rear at 30 psig.
All I can say is I love the facelift to the core,ownership review coming on monday till then few teaser pics......
Congrats on the Purchase. Waiting for ownership review. This is the first facelifted fortuner on TBHP. Please post some interior pictures also.
scopriobharath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2012, 14:30   #362
BHPian

Nandi Toyota Bangalore is selling a suspension kit as an extra fitment. The claim this suspension to reduce the body roll and stability during turning at high speeds. It also comes with digital control. Costing about 1.5L!

Has anyone installed this in your fortuners? Its the first time I'm hearing an Oem (Toyota) approve a third-party accessory, suspension, in this case!

How I wish they sold a Diesel Engine Performance Kit!
nitinbose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2012, 14:39   #363
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbose View Post
Nandi Toyota Bangalore is selling a suspension kit as an extra fitment. The claim this suspension to reduce the body roll and stability during turning at high speeds. It also comes with digital control. Costing about 1.5L!
Do they have a test car equipped with this kit? If they are really serious about a customer thinking of spending 1.5L on this kit, they better prove the merits in real-life & let prospective customers "feel" the difference first hand!
swiftnfurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2012, 14:46   #364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Do they have a test car equipped with this kit? If they are really serious about a customer thinking of spending 1.5L on this kit, they better prove the merits in real-life & let prospective customers "feel" the difference first hand!
Yes, they have a legacy fortuner installed with this kit, used as a test-drive vehicle.
nitinbose is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2012, 14:48   #365
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, they have a legacy fortuner installed with this kit, used as a test-drive vehicle.
Have you driven this Fortuner with a normal one back to back? I would love to know is the difference so drastic and 1.5L worth spending.
Old 4th April 2012, 14:50   #366
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Have you driven this Fortuner with a normal one back to back? I would love to know is the difference so drastic and 1.5L worth spending.
Well, I had a short test drive so could not find much different except the fact you can adjust it to suit the terrains/driving conditions. I did ask them if the warranty would be void but they're not aware.
Old 4th April 2012, 14:54   #367
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Well, I had a short test drive so could not find much different except the fact you can adjust it to suit the terrains/driving conditions. I did ask them if the warranty would be void but they're not aware.
Thanks. If it's a Toyota approved kit, warranty shall NOT be void. I have a strong hunch this is NOT a factory approved kit. It should rather be offered by the dealer since no one else ever mentioned about it anywhere else in India. Even in this case, I expect the dealer to take care of warranty issues since they are promoting this kit. Do they expect the customer to suffer after spending 1.5L on the kit provided on the name of Toyota?
Old 4th April 2012, 20:23   #368
Senior - BHPian

I am very skeptical about Nandi. They have huge margins on accessories and don't seem very knowledgeable.

Any idea about suspension brand? Ironman, OME etc would come cheaper than 1.5 lakhs.

I plan to upgrade after warranty period is over.
nilanjanray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2012, 00:41   #369
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious

Thanks. If it's a Toyota approved kit, warranty shall NOT be void. I have a strong hunch this is NOT a factory approved kit. It should rather be offered by the dealer since no one else ever mentioned about it anywhere else in India. Even in this case, I expect the dealer to take care of warranty issues since they are promoting this kit. Do they expect the customer to suffer after spending 1.5L on the kit provided on the name of Toyota?
May be this suspension upgrade is from Toyota's TRD performance upgrade kits that dealer is sourcing directly. I would not plonk that much of money if it's not Toyota approved.
Nitrous Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2012, 09:32   #370
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilanjanray View Post
I am very skeptical about Nandi. They have huge margins on accessories and don't seem very knowledgeable.

Any idea about suspension brand? Ironman, OME etc would come cheaper than 1.5 lakhs.

I plan to upgrade after warranty period is over.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrous Power View Post
May be this suspension upgrade is from Toyota's TRD performance upgrade kits that dealer is sourcing directly. I would not plonk that much of money if it's not Toyota approved.
Let me call and check with them, today, would revert after that.
Old 5th April 2012, 10:48   #371
BHPian

Hi,

Just had a word with Nandi Toyota. The suspension is TEIN suspension. It applies to both front and rear wheels. You have the option of adjusting between three levels using a digital control provided and placed on the dashboard.

They're not sure on how the warranty would be affected.
Old 5th April 2012, 10:57   #372
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

Just had a word with Nandi Toyota. The suspension is TEIN suspension. It applies to both front and rear wheels. You have the option of adjusting between three levels using a digital control provided and placed on the dashboard.

They're not sure on how the warranty would be affected.
Red Rooster Performance deal with TEIN suspension. IIRC, it costs about 90k with them. Guess Nandi is charging a bomb for the same.

One of my friends had got this done for his old TFort from RRP. Will check with him on performance.

BTW, I had read in international forums that the TRD Sportivo Suspension kit is very stiff.
BlackRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2012, 11:11   #373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRaven View Post
Red Rooster Performance deal with TEIN suspension. IIRC, it costs about 90k with them. Guess Nandi is charging a bomb for the same.

One of my friends had got this done for his old TFort from RRP. Will check with him on performance.

BTW, I had read in international forums that the TRD Sportivo Suspension kit is very stiff.
I'd just browsed through their website; TEIN USA Home - The Official TEIN Site - Coilovers, Lowering Springs, Performance Suspension parts, and more it seems like a Japanese technology, but could me made in China!

I guess Bilstein would be better off as its a european company & technology.
Old 5th April 2012, 13:06   #374
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I'd just browsed through their website; TEIN USA Home - The Official TEIN Site - Coilovers, Lowering Springs, Performance Suspension parts, and more it seems like a Japanese technology, but could me made in China!

I guess Bilstein would be better off as its a european company & technology.
Nitin, contact Red rooster in Bangalore as they are dealers for TEIN in india. It's supposedly a very good unit and known to transform ride and handling for ill handling cars.

I've been in an Innova a few years ago with TEIN suspension and it could give a Civic a run for it's money in handling along with a spider tuning box which they also deal in.

TEIN is as good if not better than Bilstein/Koni.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2012, 16:26   #375
bhp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedarwalke View Post
Got the 4 x 4 fortuner today,topped fuel tank and suprisingly it was 81 litres.Can someone confirm the fueltank capacity?
Tyre pressure was 42psig on all 4 tyres,kept the front tyres at 32 and rear at 30 psig.
All I can say is I love the facelift to the core,ownership review coming on monday till then few teaser pics......
Congratulations on the beast.
Its a 80 litre tank. Toyota recommends 30psi on all 4 tyres.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilanjanray View Post
Brake squealing: I am getting a minor "khant' sound when braking in reverse gear. Will need to get that checked. No issues with braking though.
I get the same 'kat' sound while reversing though its happening as soon as i press the clutch.
bhp is offline   Reply With Quote