Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 28th May 2012, 16:32   #436
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRaven

It started at 7.8 in the city and now seems to be settled at 8.5 however I drive it. If I take it easy, 9 in the city seems to be a given. Give it sometime to run-in, am sure it would improve.
Alrite thats great. But can you tell me what tyre pressure (psi) do you use in tyres? And also whats the average speed you try to maintain on highways for the fortuner?
ethan3686 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2012, 17:36   #437
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Review: 2011 Toyota Fortuner 4x2 (MT & AT)

Fortuner Prices increased by 0.5%

Approx price increase in the range of 11,000 across all models

Source: Cartradeindia

Reason: Rupee Depreciation VS Yen

Last edited by scopriobharath : 2nd June 2012 at 17:37.
scopriobharath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2012, 18:13   #438
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath
Fortuner Prices increased by 0.5%

Approx price increase in the range of 11,000 across all models

Source: Cartradeindia

Reason: Rupee Depreciation VS Yen
When i bought it last month it cost me Rs. 21,71000/- (AT model, middle one). So an increase of 11000 is nothing as opposed to the increase of almost 1 lakh post budget. But nice to know.

One question i wanted to know is that my forty has got a little (tiny) scratch on the front guard. Can i get a touch up of paint from toyota on my first servicing for free? I mean can i tell it to the mechanic while giving it for servicing?

Last edited by ethan3686 : 2nd June 2012 at 18:15.
ethan3686 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2012, 23:56   #439
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethan3686

One question i wanted to know is that my forty has got a little (tiny) scratch on the front guard. Can i get a touch up of paint from toyota on my first servicing for free? I mean can i tell it to the mechanic while giving it for servicing?
They will do a brush touch up only. Finish will be rough. I suggest to buy a bottle of com paint spray and do a DIY job.
Old 3rd June 2012, 01:07   #440
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath

They will do a brush touch up only. Finish will be rough. I suggest to buy a bottle of com paint spray and do a DIY job.
Noob here. I assume thats 'company paint spray'? Do we get that from toyota itself and whats DIY? Does this way make it as good as new?

Last edited by ethan3686 : 3rd June 2012 at 01:09.
Old 4th June 2012, 16:30   #441
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethan3686 View Post
When i bought it last month it cost me Rs. 21,71000/- (AT model, middle one). So an increase of 11000 is nothing as opposed to the increase of almost 1 lakh post budget. But nice to know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
In both cases (brush touchup and us ouselves spraying with a paint spray can (of original colour) the finish will not match the original. The only real way to get the original finish is to spray the entire part or atleast the part till the next perpendicualar surface. (am assuming the idea suggested was to spray a bit of the guard not the entire bit.)

Brush touchups are not noticed from far and most service centers will do it for you free - especially if it is a paid service and/or if you are also getting either teflon exterior or interior cleanup done with the centre.

Many scratches go become very invisble with a bit of piolishing effort.

Since you mention it is the guard you would possibly require matt Black colour. Suggest that either way you get this done at the authorized centre itself.
ACM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2012, 17:23   #442
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM

In both cases (brush touchup and us ouselves spraying with a paint spray can (of original colour) the finish will not match the original. The only real way to get the original finish is to spray the entire part or atleast the part till the next perpendicualar surface. (am assuming the idea suggested was to spray a bit of the guard not the entire bit.)

Brush touchups are not noticed from far and most service centers will do it for you free - especially if it is a paid service and/or if you are also getting either teflon exterior or interior cleanup done with the centre.

Many scratches go become very invisble with a bit of piolishing effort.

Since you mention it is the guard you would possibly require matt Black colour. Suggest that either way you get this done at the authorized centre itself.
That was really helpful. I think i will get the touch up from the showroom itself on my 1st servicing as its a small scratch only. And also its better to let the experts handle it rather than ourselves.
Old 5th June 2012, 15:46   #443
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That was really helpful. I think i will get the touch up from the showroom itself on my 1st servicing as its a small scratch only. And also its better to let the experts handle it rather than ourselves.
Anyhow - YOu would not get Factory finish, even if its done by the A.S.S. A keen eye can notice the pain difference. Check if it can be rubbed and polished, if not then only go in for a touch-up.

Put a TBHP Sticker there. Double use - Show off that you are a TBHP Member and also hide the scratch.
Old 19th June 2012, 21:58   #444
BHPian

Hello everyone,

Update on 'Megalodon'

I got a call from dealer asking me to have a look at the vehicle which had arrived 'by road' from Pune specially for me. Had discussed this issue with GTO personally at the Mumbai Pune Mega Meet on 16 June 2012 and was asked to not take the delivey of that vehicle. Came back to Aurangabad and threatened the dealer that this is being published on the internet and that I am being forced to take this vehicle which I never wanted and that it was a violation of the consumer rights - the very next moment I am told that there is another Fortuner from the same batch with came from Bidadi directly to Aurangabad and I can take that. Saw the ODO and it read a decent 6KM. at delivery it should be around 45 KM something post the registration process and the drive to the showroom from stockyard. Finally the Silver 'Megalodon' ! should reach home on 22 June 2012.

Here are some pics -

Name:  IMG2012061900059 800x581.jpg
Views: 3011
Size:  322.7 KB

Name:  IMG2012061900060 800x600.jpg
Views: 3298
Size:  333.2 KB

Name:  IMG2012061900061 800x600.jpg
Views: 2685
Size:  318.2 KB

Name:  IMG2012061900063 800x600.jpg
Views: 2300
Size:  284.1 KB
Ahmed is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2012, 10:29   #445
BHPian

Hasn't amyone gone for AT-Fortuner yet? Did anyone try to decide between the AT and the 4x4? Any thoughts or suggestions? Am trying to make the decision.
RoadFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2012, 12:18   #446
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadFiend
Hasn't amyone gone for AT-Fortuner yet? Did anyone try to decide between the AT and the 4x4? Any thoughts or suggestions? Am trying to make the decision.
I have the AT variant and its a pleasure to drive. So smooth and has the power. But if you really want to go off-roading then 4x4 is more reccommended. Even the AT variant is capable of rough terrains as i have tried them but never took it to more extreme turfs as it is a premium vehicle for me at 22 L and i would'nt want to damage anything :P
Old 29th June 2012, 12:52   #447
BHPian

Quote:
I have the AT variant and its a pleasure to drive.
Thanks ethan3686! The toughest terrain I expect to explore are broken roads in game sanctuaries. The AT should be adequate for that?

I also saw from your earlier posts that city FE ranged from 7-9 kmpl, is that the case even now?

I guess my real question is: 4x4 has the VSC and AT doesn't. Based on this, should I choose 4x4 over AT (even though I won't offroad) ?
Old 29th June 2012, 13:01   #448
BHPian

If you wont be off-roading much then it is obvious you should go for the AT variant as its less tiring and also has cruise-control. Its also great for occasional off roading. The fe is better now after the 1st service. I get around 9-10 in city. Also the vsc feature is helpful in those rough roads which are quite slippery. So if your going occasionally for off roading then the AT is great. But if you really want 4x4 then get it. You wont get cruise control with it. And with AT you wont get vsc. Thats it. Rest is entirely your decision.
Old 29th June 2012, 15:40   #449
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

^^^
Would be a confort vs safety thing.

AT makes the drive more comfortable for the driver.
VSC would help in case you do end up driving the vehicle such that it starts to loose control in which case having AWD too would help. - Safety.

AWD is of course essential for true off roading but not for driving on rough/ village roads where the AT 2WD should be be able to cope up as well. But lets say you are going at high speed on an expressway road and it is raining or that there is an oil spilt on the road and the vehicle skids a bit, VSC would help you regain control better.

Then on the other hand a more comfortable AT helps keep the driver less tired and less prone to accidents. It is tough on the customer having to select one.
ACM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2012, 15:46   #450
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
^^^
Would be a confort vs safety thing... ...It is tough on the customer having to select one.
Very true! Unlike few years ago, I don't find myself driving aggressively on expressways nowadays. So, I guess I'll prefer AT over 4x4.

I'm almost made up my mind on a black-AT and the friendly rep says I may be able to get it as early as tomorrow! Working the phone with the insurance guy and the bank guy right now.

And of course I'll need a print out of tbhp PDI list.