Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 23rd September 2012, 06:45   #496
evo
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bajajm
I booked a fortuner AT last month in Gurgaon and was told a silly wait period of 8 months! Am I being taken for a ride?
You should check up. I got delivery of my 4x4 mt in 20 days.
evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2012, 12:59   #497
Distinguished - BHPian

Default re: Review: 2011 Toyota Fortuner 4x2 (MT & AT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo View Post
You should check up. I got delivery of my 4x4 mt in 20 days.
From what I have read here, 4x4 MT delivery is quite quick as there is low demand now a days. AT should have a bit more waiting periods, though I expect the 4x2 MT to have the longest waiting period compared to the rest!

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 23rd September 2012 at 13:00.
swiftnfurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2012, 15:42   #498
BHPian

Heard some facelift or cosmetic changes are on cards during festive season, is this true.

4*4 waiting is still 3-4 months. and no discounts either.
sam003 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2012, 21:20   #499

Discounts.... Lol! I don't see that happening to fortuner till a miracle comes from competition or toyota really messes it up!!
sanchit.j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2012, 09:10   #500
BHPian

Default Toyota Fortuner TRD Sportivo

GOW spied Fortuner TRD Sportivo in a dealer yard. Launch should be soon.

Quote:
The Fortuner will get the TRD Sportivo Aero package which includes a sporty spoiler at the front & rear and a roof spoiler with embossed TRD badges. Unlike the Thai market the Fortuner TRD Sportlivo in India will be more of a cosmetic job and will no mechanical changes. On the interior the Fortuner will get the same features are currently available and remains largely same.
Link:http://goaonwheels.com/auto-news/gow...-around-corner
Attached Images

sarthakgupta is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2012, 10:02   #501

I heard Toyota is planning to launch this version of Fortuner around 15th October and price would be 2 lac more than the current models.
Rajvir Bains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2012, 12:37   #502
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajvir Bains
I heard Toyota is planning to launch this version of Fortuner around 15th October and price would be 2 lac more than the current models.
You sure it's 2 lakhs more? Woah! The price of a Tata Nano for a mere cosmetic upgrade? That's daylight robbery Toyota!
swiftdiesel is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2012, 13:16   #503
BHPian

Default Re: Toyota Fortuner TRD Sportivo

A thing like that, must not cost more that Rs 55K if fitted as OE and having same 3yr/1Lakh warranty as the normal ones. You could probably get a similar looking design for 30-40k after market. My opinion.
karpusv is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2012, 14:37   #504
j76
BHPian

I did a test drive of the Fortuner AT.

In addition to whatever has already been said before I have 2 points to add.

1. As a seven seater, was always given to understand that the last row of seats were suitable only for children. I was pleasantly surprised to learn that it was actually more spacious than that. This is what I did.
Sat in the front seat passenger side, adjusted the seat position to give me (5 ft 9 in) about 4-5 inches of knee space from the glove compartment.
Then I got into the second row, adjusted the seat to get the same 4-5 inches of knee room (The front seat recline earlier adjusted to a comfortable angle).
With this I got into the last row and was pleasantly surprised that I had 3-4 inches of knee room. The under thigh support was not as good as the other 2 rows, but was reasonably comfortable.

2. The apartment complex where I stay has basement parking. I drove the car through just to get a sense of the space that I have to deal with. Was disappointed with the turning radius. Every ramp turn I had to back up a little to make the turn.

Would like the Fortuner owners to opine on the 2 points that I have mentioned and let me know if my demo experience differs from real world experience, specifically keeping long drives in mind for the last row, and turning radius issues in mall parking situations.

Thanks in advance.
j76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2012, 18:29   #505
Senior - BHPian

Toyota has launched limited edition variant of the Fortuner, called the Fortuner TRD Sportivo.

The Fortuner TRD Sportivo gets add-ons like TRD-badged skirts for the front and rear bumpers and a roof-mounted rear spoiler. There are no changes on the mechanical front and only 600 units will be manufactured.

The Fortuner Sportivo is avaialble with a 4x2 manual or a 4x2 automatic version.

Toyota Fortuner Sportivo 4x2 MT is priced at Rs 21.75 lakh while the 4X2 AT at Rs 22.60 lakh

Name:  47228_10151455722217067_1534170026_n.jpg
Views: 9755
Size:  30.9 KB
SOURCE

Last edited by dZired : 16th October 2012 at 18:32. Reason: adding source
dZired is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2012, 20:05   #506
BHPian

Not sure why this kind off behavior with 4*4 lovers. They must have launched it in this variant too.
sam003 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2012, 23:42   #507
BHPian

IMO Fortuner looks much better without this cosmetic kit.
I would go for 4x4 rather than buying 4x2 with cosmetic job.
h.s.r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2012, 09:34   #508
BHPian

Hi All,

Reading all your enthusiastic posts about Fortuner, finally decided to buy Fortuner . Here in Bangalore, gave an opportunity to both the dealers, Ravindu and Nandi, whoever gives me delivery, will book the car. I was simply amazed at Nandi Toyota, Mansur, the Sales Manager, who I feel made the decision to go with them. Spoke to both, Mansur came back with 10 minutes and said he had a car for me with immediate delivery, which was amazing. He had me picked up yesterday, did all the formalities and finally need to get my DD from the Bank and I would be driving it home.

One small information to all those who look out for loans, like poor souls like me, try Syndicate Bank, they provide 95% of the On Road price, not sure any other Bank does that, which was great, even the Finance guys at Nandi were surprised that such a thing existed, so guys note it and send it others.

I also need help from other owners.

1. Tips on PDI

2. Buying accessories from Dealer

Please help me if these prices are same if bought outside too

a. Side Cladding - 18000

b. Rain protect Visor on Doors - 4500

c. Fender Mirror - 5500

d. V Kool Film - Windshield - 13000 and Side - 10500

Please help out and thanks in advance
Rajesh1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2012, 10:04   #509
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh1968 View Post
Reading all your enthusiastic posts about Fortuner, finally decided to buy Fortuner .
Congratulations on your car!

Quote:
One small information to all those who look out for loans, like poor souls like me, try Syndicate Bank, they provide 95% of the On Road price, not sure any other Bank does that, which was great, even the Finance guys at Nandi were surprised that such a thing existed, so guys note it and send it others.
Thanks for the tip!

Quote:
I also need help from other owners.

1. Tips on PDI
Please refer this thread (ARTICLE: Pre-delivery Inspection (PDI) & Check List). It is the new car owner's bible!

Quote:
2. Buying accessories from Dealer
Avoidable. A lot of buyers choose this route either because dealer threatens to void warranty or because they want to save time and effort and figure, how much difference will it make anyway. Well, the after-market offers everything and more that your dealer can provide, and most of it much cheaper too! Unless you are getting something Toyota branded, you will be better served outside.

Quote:
d. V Kool Film - Windshield - 13000 and Side - 10500
Why are you opting for sunfilm? It is illegal these days. You spend that kind of money on film and it gets ripped out as soon as it gets put in, you're not going to feel good about it.

Enjoy your car!
noopster is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2012, 10:34   #510
BHPian

Thanks for the wishes and inputs. I would like to be educated, what would be the purpose of over inflating the tyre by the dealer, this has been mentioned by most of the people in the forum.

Voiding warranty is it a threat or reality, do not want to lose warranty after paying a bomb for it
Rajesh1968 is offline   Reply With Quote