Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 19th October 2012, 10:43   #511
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh1968
Thanks for the wishes and inputs. I would like to be educated, what would be the purpose of over inflating the tyre by the dealer, this has been mentioned by most of the people in the forum.
that's generally done as a safety feature as cars might have to be kept in the yard for long periods (if unsold).
Quote:
Voiding warranty is it a threat or reality, do not want to lose warranty after paying a bomb for it
Just a selling tactic used to make additional revenue on accessories. Pick and choose carefully, and and only if you need it.

As for after-market accessories put up your queries on the forum and people will clarify which modifications would cause warranty issues.

And of course, congratulations!

Last edited by ninjatalli : 19th October 2012 at 10:44.
ninjatalli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2012, 23:31   #512
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Review: 2011 Toyota Fortuner 4x2 (MT & AT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh1968 View Post
Reading all your enthusiastic posts about Fortuner, finally decided to buy Fortuner
Hearty congrats on the beast. Hope you get your hands on it fast.

Quote:
2. Buying accessories from Dealer

Please help me if these prices are same if bought outside too

a. Side Cladding - 18000

b. Rain protect Visor on Doors - 4500

c. Fender Mirror - 5500
I would suggest, if you must have these accessories, then don't look in aftermarket. The prices of TGAs seem extremely exorbitant BUT one look at the quality of these and the aftermarket ones and you will love these TGAs more for sure. Even the Door Visors are of damn good quality compared to the market. They will cost you a bomb but will look much better and serve you long. Additionally, if you get into problem with any of these, you have one stop shop to crib to and they will have obligation to do the needful.

Quote:
d. V Kool Film - Windshield - 13000 and Side - 10500
Hope you are following the SC judgements in this regard. As Noopster suggested rethink about this, this is illegal now, atleast until judgement is reverted. Also the police force is effecting immediate removals at quite a few places and it could gain its momentum at all the places.

Last edited by parsh : 19th October 2012 at 23:32.
parsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2012, 10:37   #513
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

I also need help from other owners.

1. Tips on PDI
2. Buying accessories from Dealer
Please help me if these prices are same if bought outside too

a. Side Cladding - 18000
b. Rain protect Visor on Doors - 4500
c. Fender Mirror - 5500
d. V Kool Film - Windshield - 13000 and Side - 10500
Please help out and thanks in advance
The TBHP PDI list is quite exhaustive. Just take a friend / colleague / relative along to provide a neutral view. The average person is excited and might miss on a few things

The Warranty Will NOT be void if the aftermarket fitting has the same connector as the original fitting. The percentage of people who are fans and are well informed are very minuscule and the average joe tends to take the salesman's word for granted.

Showroom will scare you stating warranty issues to push you to buy OEM, but if the connectors are same, warranty will not be void. you can demand to "See" the connector for the accessory and verify the same with the aftermarket ones.

Buy the fender mirror and cladding as OEM. The rain visor can be aftermarket. All rain visors including Toyota OEM tend to peel off after some time.
Quote:
Thanks for the wishes and inputs. I would like to be educated, what would be the purpose of over inflating the tyre by the dealer, this has been mentioned by most of the people in the forum.

Voiding warranty is it a threat or reality, do not want to lose warranty after paying a bomb for it
Yes In reality warranty will be void on splicing wires, as it is a potential threat for a "short-circuit". If aftermarket accessories have the same connector, warranty will not be void. Example: Toyota does not offer Satellite lock (GPS Tracking&Lock) as an OEM Accessory in India. I for one would like to install the same to protect my 25 lac investment. Most Manufacturers, offer harnesses that are compatible with most vehicle without splicing wires.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Just a selling tactic used to make additional revenue on accessories. Pick and choose carefully, and and only if you need it.

As for after-market accessories put up your queries on the forum and people will clarify which modifications would cause warranty issues.
I Agree
scopriobharath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2012, 09:47   #514
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

Reading all your enthusiastic posts about Fortuner, finally decided to buy Fortuner . Here in Bangalore, gave an opportunity to both the dealers, Ravindu and Nandi, whoever gives me delivery, will book the car. I was simply amazed at Nandi Toyota, Mansur, the Sales Manager, who I feel made the decision to go with them. Spoke to both, Mansur came back with 10 minutes and said he had a car for me with immediate delivery, which was amazing. He had me picked up yesterday, did all the formalities and finally need to get my DD from the Bank and I would be driving it home.

One small information to all those who look out for loans, like poor souls like me, try Syndicate Bank, they provide 95% of the On Road price, not sure any other Bank does that, which was great, even the Finance guys at Nandi were surprised that such a thing existed, so guys note it and send it others
Congratulations Rajesh, wish you the very best with your new acquisition. I am on a similar boat as you and would like to speak with you on experience with Nandi Toyota & also the Syndicate Bank loan details. Can you pls PM me your contact no. Thanks.
alabjarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2012, 22:50   #515
BHPian

Guys, any idea if Toyota has started offering HUD/when will it start offering that as an option in the Fortuner? I saw this on their website.
275BHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2012, 01:56   #516
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 275BHP View Post
Guys, any idea if Toyota has started offering HUD/when will it start offering that as an option in the Fortuner? I saw this on their website.

Yes they have. Test drove it last week and the TD vehicle was fitted with it.
aparth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2012, 19:38   #517
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

In case of the Fortuner the Original Accesories are indeed of better quality in general but since it is a global model there are quite a few options in the market that match the original accessories quality with a slighly different look and ofcourse better prices (as there are those that are of really poor quality - one needs to check at multiple places.)
ACM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2012, 16:33   #518
BHPian

Guys a small question, for Gurgaon, out of MGF and Grace Toyota, which would you suggest for regular service. Which is the better Service Center
Thanks
eq24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2012, 12:46   #519
BHPian

Saw one of the new fortuners with a Prado grill fitted. Is this available at Toyota dealerships yet? Has anyone noticed this combination?
redrage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2012, 15:28   #520
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrage View Post
Saw one of the new fortuners with a Prado grill fitted. Is this available at Toyota dealerships yet? Has anyone noticed this combination?
It's available at the dealerships. I think it looks pretty good!
aparth is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2012, 18:31   #521
BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 24th December 2012 at 11:35.
sam003 is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 23rd December 2012, 19:57   #522
BHPian

Mod Note : As per the recent mass PM, please do NOT use acronyms when referring to cars. You are ONLY permitted to use the full Make & Model name. Any further usage of acronyms will invite severe Moderator action on your account. Thanks

Last edited by GTO : 24th December 2012 at 11:34. Reason: Do NOT use acronyms when referring to cars
redrage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2013, 21:35   #523
BHPian

Can anyone provide model make details for new fortuner Audio system. Like HU model/make along with speaker make and model.

Is there a way to remove Display setup with Handbreak. Yes it doesn't display video once you remove handbreaks.

Thanks
sam003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2013, 13:57   #524
BHPian

Just checked with the toyota dealership and they have confirmed that the fortuner AT will now be available with 5 speed AT from this month onwards. Better fuel efficiency is being promised with this change. They probably got a lot of flak from customers who saw 5 speed ATs as a norm on all its competition !
Dieselite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2013, 14:04   #525
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselite View Post
Just checked with the toyota dealership and they have confirmed that the fortuner AT will now be available with 5 speed AT from this month onwards. Better fuel efficiency is being promised with this change. They probably got a lot of flak from customers who saw 5 speed ATs as a norm on all its competition !
Wait what, are you sure about this. I am to take delivery of the 4x2 Auto on Wednesday. Nobody mentioned this to us. Has anyone else heard anything in this regard.
eq24 is offline   Reply With Quote