Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2012, 20:07   #106
Senior - BHPian
 
scopriobharath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 3,548
Thanked: 1,156 Times
Default re: Review: 2011 Toyota Fortuner 4x2 (MT & AT)

It is suprising to note that the Fender indicators have been removed and its only the "Mirror intergrated" turn indicator that doubles up.

This is a good way to cut costs down. The fender indicators with the chrome ring over it looks good.
scopriobharath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2012, 20:22   #107
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Anand, Gujarat / Virginia Beach, US
Posts: 457
Thanked: 175 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath
It is suprising to note that the Fender indicators have been removed and its only the "Mirror intergrated" turn indicator that doubles up.

This is a good way to cut costs down. The fender indicators with the chrome ring over it looks good.
It's just not something that only Toyota does. All manufacturers are going for ORVM mounted indicators. Even my Merc C class has side indicators on ORVM. Every new car that I see on road here in USA have ORVM mounted indicators - It is not at all cost cutting.

Last edited by Nitrous Power : 3rd January 2012 at 20:24.
Nitrous Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2012, 21:05   #108
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Calicut
Posts: 77
Thanked: 24 Times
Default re: Review: 2011 Toyota Fortuner 4x2 (MT & AT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
In my driving experience, I have never driven a "hill hold" featured vehicle. My driving is right from 800s to SUVs on all types of ghats, traffic etc.

IMHO, i never felt the need for a hill hold as the ideal way to practice hill hold is to use the Hand-brake or half-accel-half-clutch method. Be it ghats (Stopped at view points) or on a traffic infested flyover i never have felt the need to have a hill hold. Even in my santro, the handbrake and half-accel-half-clutch method is more than sufficient.

In fact in AT models its not needed at all. keep the hand-brake engaged, shift into "D" or "1" and accelerate slightly. When you feel a "bite" (A Force Pulling ahead), release the hand brake and continue to drive normally. Heck, you have your left foot idle, to assist in keeping the brake lever pressed (Not recommended, but if at all).
Really true.Hill hold is meaningless in AT vehicles.
We dont even need handbrakes.If its a good road[proper tar], then the AT vehicle will move forward on simply releasing the brakes even if its on an incline.
ahmed26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2012, 10:25   #109
BHPian
 
bhatiagagan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 27
Thanked: 0 Times
Default re: Review: 2011 Toyota Fortuner 4x2 (MT & AT)

Do we have a formal notification about the price? I had heard tha the 4x2 might be cheaper ( as in more than the 100,000 less that is mentioned)
bhatiagagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2012, 14:18   #110
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 187
Thanked: 44 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhatiagagan
Do we have a formal notification about the price? I had heard tha the 4x2 might be cheaper ( as in more than the 100,000 less that is mentioned)

Prices announced. Still overpriced in my opinion.

19.99(2WD), 20.69(2WD Auto), 20.99(4WD)
BlackRaven is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2012, 16:59   #111
BHPian
 
redrage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Bengalooru
Posts: 544
Thanked: 58 Times
Default re: Review: 2011 Toyota Fortuner 4x2 (MT & AT)

New Toyota Fortuner Brochure

Review: 2011 Toyota Fortuner 4x2 (MT & AT)-tf-new.jpg
redrage is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2012, 17:01   #112
Senior - BHPian
 
raj_5004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dubai/Mumbai
Posts: 5,054
Thanked: 1,942 Times
Default re: Review: 2011 Toyota Fortuner 4x2 (MT & AT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRaven View Post
Prices announced. Still overpriced in my opinion.

19.99(2WD), 20.69(2WD Auto), 20.99(4WD)
Very overpriced in my opinion too.

20 lakhs means it would cost 23 lakhs on road, right?
raj_5004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2012, 17:04   #113
bhp
BHPian
 
bhp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: lokhandwala mumbai
Posts: 829
Thanked: 138 Times
Default re: Review: 2011 Toyota Fortuner 4x2 (MT & AT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Very overpriced in my opinion too.

20 lakhs means it would cost 23 lakhs on road, right?
Should be more like 24 lakhs + OTR mumbai
bhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2012, 17:12   #114
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Delhi
Posts: 10
Thanked: 0 Times
Default re: Review: 2011 Toyota Fortuner 4x2 (MT & AT)

The earlier version was an innova copy paste and this one is altis on stilts from inside
A rugged SUV sharing the steering and such with a sedate sedan would just kill the identity
The cheesy looking stereo is such a turnoff
avsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2012, 17:38   #115
Senior - BHPian
 
dkaile's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Meerut, India
Posts: 2,721
Thanked: 3,257 Times
Default re: Review: 2011 Toyota Fortuner 4x2 (MT & AT)

Hmmm.... They have increased the price of the 4x4 by nearly 70K from when I bought it a few months back. Mainly must be due to the the added VSC and enhanced gizmos. So NO value depreciation for existing owners. That's what I like about Toyota (unlike Honda), they don't let the existing customers down.
dkaile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2012, 17:46   #116
Distinguished - BHPian
 
drmohitg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Delhi
Posts: 4,202
Thanked: 2,983 Times
Default re: Review: 2011 Toyota Fortuner 4x2 (MT & AT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Hmmm.... They have increased the price of the 4x4 by nearly 70K from when I bought it a few months back. Mainly must be due to the the added VSC and enhanced gizmos. So NO value depreciation for existing owners. That's what I like about Toyota (unlike Honda), they don't let the existing customers down.
I was hoping for a little more competitive price enabling me to find some good deal in the used car market.

At 21L it has definitely got pricier but then I guess everyone is planning to increase there prices.
drmohitg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2012, 17:50   #117
Senior - BHPian
 
dkaile's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Meerut, India
Posts: 2,721
Thanked: 3,257 Times
Default re: Review: 2011 Toyota Fortuner 4x2 (MT & AT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
I was hoping for a little more competitive price enabling me to find some good deal in the used car market.

At 21L it has definitely got pricier but then I guess everyone is planning to increase there prices.
When people are launching 20L worth of motorbikes at the Expo (read Triumph Rocket III at 23L), then certainly Fortuner will hold value for a long time. Prices, anyways, are on a upward spiral, as you rightly noted, except perhaps some not so well made products.
dkaile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2012, 20:44   #118
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Anand, Gujarat / Virginia Beach, US
Posts: 457
Thanked: 175 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRaven

Prices announced. Still overpriced in my opinion.

19.99(2WD), 20.69(2WD Auto), 20.99(4WD)
+1. I think Fortuner is still overpriced by at least 50k for each variant.
Nitrous Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2012, 23:41   #119
Distinguished - BHPian
 
drmohitg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Delhi
Posts: 4,202
Thanked: 2,983 Times
Default re: Review: 2011 Toyota Fortuner 4x2 (MT & AT)

Regardless of the price I think the Fortuner will continue its crazy sales for some more months. Only difference I see is that most people will either go for the MT 2WD or the AT variant. The 4WD may see some fall in numbers.
drmohitg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2012, 23:55   #120
Senior - BHPian
 
Ym-enjn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Jaipur
Posts: 1,037
Thanked: 50 Times
Default re: Review: 2011 Toyota Fortuner 4x2 (MT & AT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by avsi View Post
The earlier version was an innova copy paste and this one is altis on stilts from inside
A rugged SUV sharing the steering and such with a sedate sedan would just kill the identity
The cheesy looking stereo is such a turnoff
+1 The biggest let down for me is the see same steering on Fortuner which is on my 2008 Altis. Part sharing is always a let down for people planning to buy the expensive model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Regardless of the price I think the Fortuner will continue its crazy sales for some more months. Only difference I see is that most people will either go for the MT 2WD or the AT variant. The 4WD may see some fall in numbers.
Agree, there'll be bigger lines to buy 4x2 model one coz it is cheaper and two it will give better average than 4x4.

I like the Fortuner classic more and will be on a lookout for it in the resale market.
Ym-enjn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Toyota Fortuner 4X2 MT: Miles to go before, but I have promises to keep Wanderers Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 65 27th November 2015 10:43
Toyota Fortuner vs Upcoming Face-Lifted Toyota Fortuner dkaile SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 45 12th August 2011 22:20
2011 Nissan X-Trail or Toyota Fortuner neo_trace SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 27 23rd May 2011 06:41
Toyota suspends Fortuner bookings. EDIT : Reopens in Jan 2011 aaggoswami The Indian Car Scene 89 3rd January 2011 23:14


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:22.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks