Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 24th October 2012, 23:03   #91
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : The Poor Man's Ultimate Driving Machine

Loved reading your update on the T Jet, its beautifully written and described and you have nailed all the aspects and characteristics of this car. Wish Fiat had launched the T Jet earlier, i bought mine (1.4) in 2009 and its 40k old now, no complaints with it and i never regret the fact that i chose it over other cars.
Even my car has no rattles or squeaks.

The only thing Linea lacked was power which was solved by T Jet but i really wish FIAT came out with their 1.6 MJD, i would be the first in line to buy that. Recently bought a Vento Tdi but even it cant match the ride and handling of Linea, it is impeccable, you feel connected with this car at all times.

Wish you thousands of happy miles with your Fiat.

Last edited by coolboy007 : 24th October 2012 at 23:04.
coolboy007 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2012, 00:21   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

Wonderfully documented. An interesting read. Probably Fiats are like this, small niggle here and there, but boy o boy does it make it up by the drive it provides.

I am heading to the first service on saturday, no issues as such. Just an inspection and oil change. The earlier interactions with Surendra has pointed it out that he is quite professional in his work. Does not beat around the bush.

By the way, the gearbox leaks is definitely looking like oil, if it was water, with the engine getting hot, you would not even had a chance to see the wet patch.

Thanks for sharing!!!
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2012, 21:06   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
The only thing Linea lacked was power which was solved by T Jet but i really wish FIAT came out with their 1.6 MJD,
Yes; Fiat should have released the 1.6 mjd a long time ago. They still can but it might be a little too late. Ideally, they should have launched the 1.6l diesel in line with the T Jet. It would have been perfect. I was surprised with the release of the T Jet when the market favors diesels. The 1.3l no longer cuts it for power. It never did. With the car now being sold with the same tire specification as the T Jet, it is putting a bigger strain on the engine are drive train. This will hamper fuel efficiency a lot though the drive will be more planted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Probably Fiats are like this, small niggle here and there, but boy o boy does it make it up by the drive it provides.
Sure does. However; Fiat really need to fix these niggles. They are simply unacceptable. Right from the past, Fiat are known to be cranky cars. Some things just have to change or be adapted if you want the market to consider your products. It is so depressing to look at those team bhp sales charts every month. The Linea hardly ever sells. I wait for the day when people say that there is a waiting period for cars like the Linea and Punto. They are beautiful cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Just an inspection and oil change.
Why an oil change? This was not carried out for my car during first scheduled inspection.
sandeepmohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2012, 23:09   #94
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
Why an oil change? This was not carried out for my car during first scheduled inspection.
The first service or inspection does not require any oil change. I am getting the oil changed voluntarily to keep myself happy.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2014, 22:16   #95
BHPian

Hey Sandeep, bumping up your thread because I noticed the same issue that I am also facing. The gear oil leakage.

You might have read about my experience on my thread. Was the cause for leakage same as your car's? How was it solved? and most importantly, did it reoccur?
Biraj is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2014, 10:07   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biraj View Post
Was the cause for leakage same as your car's? How was it solved? and most importantly, did it reoccur?
Biraj, I wish I could help. I remember pointing it out to the service engineer and I don't know if they did anything about it. I took a picture of the damp area too. It was clearly oil but the strange thing is I have not seen a leak ever since. Nor was anything fixed. I was told it was a spill over of oil from something else but thats impossible cause there is nothing else around the region that can spill oil over the area.

I will check the car again. Been a while I took a close look at the gearbox.
sandeepmohan is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote