Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2012, 22:00   #16
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 125
Thanked: 68 Times
Default Re: My love comes home Tata Safari VX 4/4 (Arctic Silver)

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Congrats! A Fiesta & then a Safari VX 4x4 - sounds kinda familiar

Time to get a set of Yoko Geo A/Ts & hit the highway to Leh
Thanks Suman. Guess am going your way. So fate will lead me to the BMW sooner or later ;-)

After your comment on the tyre and some more reading up, I am definetely thinking of upgrading to Yoko Geo ATs. Will be on the look out from next weekend. Read up that the Yoko Geo ATs are not in stock lately and dealers are charging kind of premium if they are able to source it.


Just wondering if I will get any good price for exchanging my current set of tyres? They have run for about 800kms now. I read in some other thread that tyre dealers will give you almost full cost of the tyre if they are run less than 100kms.

Any good shop you would suggest in Delhi?
souravdebiswas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2012, 16:16   #17
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 18
Thanked: 5 Times
Default Re: My love comes home Tata Safari VX 4/4 (Arctic Silver)

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravdebiswas View Post
Thanks Suman. Guess am going your way. So fate will lead me to the BMW sooner or later ;-)

After your comment on the tyre and some more reading up, I am definetely thinking of upgrading to Yoko Geo ATs. Will be on the look out from next weekend. Read up that the Yoko Geo ATs are not in stock lately and dealers are charging kind of premium if they are able to source it.


Just wondering if I will get any good price for exchanging my current set of tyres? They have run for about 800kms now. I read in some other thread that tyre dealers will give you almost full cost of the tyre if they are run less than 100kms.

Any good shop you would suggest in Delhi?
You may check BK Tyres in Lajpat Nagar. As far as the best price is concerned, you should have done so when you got the car. However, you may give it a shot.

All the best.
ABerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2012, 17:28   #18
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 125
Thanked: 68 Times
Default Re: My love comes home Tata Safari VX 4/4 (Arctic Silver)

The Safari has a new pair of shoes now.

Upgraded to Yoko Geolander AT (235/70/R16).

Exchanged my OE Bridgestone HT tires.

They had run 900km till now.

Dealer charged Rs. 500 difference per tire and additional Rs. 750 for weights.

Total cost Rs. 3250.
souravdebiswas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2012, 18:18   #19
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 596
Thanked: 115 Times
Default Re: My love comes home Tata Safari VX 4/4 (Arctic Silver)

IMO, this version of Safari looks much better than the fecelift at the expo. Is VX the top Safari version?
Do post some snaps of the Safari and the Fiesta together. A lethal combo, I must say.
Utopian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2012, 18:32   #20
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 125
Thanked: 68 Times
Default Re: My love comes home Tata Safari VX 4/4 (Arctic Silver)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian View Post
IMO, this version of Safari looks much better than the fecelift at the expo. Is VX the top Safari version?
Do post some snaps of the Safari and the Fiesta together. A lethal combo, I must say.
I agree. This version still looks better than the Storme. VX is the top version. And 4*4 is available only on this version.

Will definetely post some pics of the Fiesta and Safari together.
souravdebiswas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2012, 18:57   #21
Senior - BHPian
 
suman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 4,589
Thanked: 257 Times
Default Re: My love comes home Tata Safari VX 4/4 (Arctic Silver)

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravdebiswas View Post

Any good shop you would suggest in Delhi?
Sorry, hadn't seen this post earlier. You've got a decent exchange considering that your tyres had already done 900 kms

I normally go to Star Wheels at Atul Kataria Chowk, Gurgaon. Where did you get yours from - BK Tyres?
suman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2012, 19:24   #22
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 125
Thanked: 68 Times
Default Re: My love comes home Tata Safari VX 4/4 (Arctic Silver)

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
I normally go to Star Wheels at Atul Kataria Chowk, Gurgaon. Where did you get yours from - BK Tyres?
I got it from Capital Tyres in New Delhi. Its near the Green Park metro station (right opposite the Gurdwara).

When I went to the shop I told him its a brand new car with the tires being hardly used. So thats why he quoted that price. After about 15mins when he was removing the tires, he wanted to check the ODO and thats when he saw 900 reading. So quickly I replied that its hardly anything, the car is only a month old and it was driven only in the city. He did inspect the tires after that, but did not ask for more.
souravdebiswas is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2012, 23:40   #23
Senior - BHPian
 
scopriobharath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 3,565
Thanked: 1,175 Times
Default Re: My love comes home Tata Safari VX 4/4 (Arctic Silver)

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravdebiswas View Post
I got it from Capital Tyres in New Delhi. Its near the Green Park metro station (right opposite the Gurdwara).

When I went to the shop I told him its a brand new car with the tires being hardly used. So thats why he quoted that price. After about 15mins when he was removing the tires, he wanted to check the ODO and thats when he saw 900 reading. So quickly I replied that its hardly anything, the car is only a month old and it was driven only in the city. He did inspect the tires after that, but did not ask for more.
Sourav, could you kindly share a picture of the 4X4 selector in your safari ? I searched many safari threads, but could not find one.
scopriobharath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2012, 20:31   #24
Senior - BHPian
 
Lukeskywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,396
Thanked: 1,149 Times
Default Re: My love comes home Tata Safari VX 4/4 (Arctic Silver)

@Scorpiobharath

I saw your request on Kaviprem's thread too, so here you go, the switch in the red circle is the 4x4 selector,hope it helps

Name:  DSC05702 800x600.jpg
Views: 835
Size:  87.4 KB

Regards,
Hari.
Lukeskywalker is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dream comes true -- Silver Honda City AT comes home B103 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 301 28th April 2015 23:03
randomguy's 2.2L 4x2 Arctic Silver VX Safari randomguy Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 20 9th July 2011 16:42
My Indica Vista Aura Plus Quadrajet(Arctic Silver) Arrived nehamit Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 25 15th September 2010 15:48
Indigo CS LS TDI Arctic Silver 114 KMs and Running arun.m Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 18 22nd February 2010 21:46
Tata Safari 2.2 LX - Arctic Silver. lancerlover Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 30 25th November 2009 12:34


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 20:39.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks