Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 1st January 2012, 23:46   #16
BHPian
 
rnair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 56
Thanked: 44 Times
Default Re: A Bug's Life - Nissan Micra dci

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRtorquefan View Post
Congratulations alot for your Orange bug.
Its raining Micra Diesels in my region & I felt nice to see one more on this forum.
People in our region are giving preference to it over New Swift, due to latter's waiting period & Old-ish character.
Friends of my friends are getting ~20kmpl in City conditions & 5-6 more on Highways.
One personal query: From where did you got this Door Sill blackened in the centre ??
Hey thanks bro. Micras are doing pretty well here too. They finally seem to have a waiting period. The blackened sash part (B-Pillar) was done at a local sticker shop. Its Matte-Black sticker. A lot of OEMs use the same thing on their vehicles(Swift, City etc.)
rnair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2012, 19:58   #17
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Udaipur
Posts: 12
Thanked: 4 Times
Default Re: A Bug's Life - Nissan Micra dci

Congratulations on your new car. I just finished reading the review of Nissan Evalia, I was wondering if the Micra Diesel is powered by the same 1.5 L engine. If yes, the micra has a huge advantage on the power to weight ratio front. Do you find the car too powerful for its size? If by any chance you have driven a Swift / Ritz, can you compare both the cars on the power front?
Auto Motive is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2012, 12:39   #18
BHPian
 
rnair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 56
Thanked: 44 Times
Default Re: A Bug's Life - Nissan Micra dci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto Motive View Post
Congratulations on your new car. I just finished reading the review of Nissan Evalia, I was wondering if the Micra Diesel is powered by the same 1.5 L engine. If yes, the micra has a huge advantage on the power to weight ratio front. Do you find the car too powerful for its size? If by any chance you have driven a Swift / Ritz, can you compare both the cars on the power front?
Hey hi.... Micra, for that matter all Nissan and Renault cars (except Xtrail and Koleos), use the same 1.5L dci engines in different state of tune. I did drive the Swift and Ritz. No doubt Swift is a good driver's car but the engine does not feel as peppy as the micra at lower RPMs. Combined with the light - weight, the micra is almost like a petrol car to drive. The torque generated at lower RPM is great and the drive-ability in lower gears is awesome. This combined with the light steering wheel makes it a breeze to drive in the city. The marutis feel a bit lethargic in comparison and somehow you get the feeling its a diesel. On the highway however, the dci engine cannot match upto the Fiat engines and brakes are mushy. Another difference between micra and swift/ritz is the gear shift. Where the swift/Ritz is precise, micra's is notchy. Overall, micra is a cheerful little car thats big on space inside...
rnair is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2012, 23:03   #19
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Udaipur
Posts: 12
Thanked: 4 Times
Default Re: A Bug's Life - Nissan Micra dci

Thanks rnair. I bought a Ritz VDI few months back. The reason I did not consider Micra was because of the availability of spares and the service network. Since Nissan & Renault are using the same 1.5 DCI for so many models, I do not think spares would be much of a problem as far as parts for the engine is concerned. However things specific to the car like tail light assembly etc. would be expensive (economies of scale). I have not driven a Micra, I find Ritz / swift to be powerful cars. You have driven both the cars and when you say "The marutis feel a bit lethargic", I can imagine how powerful your car would feel!!
Auto Motive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2012, 21:55   #20
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Baripada
Posts: 403
Thanked: 91 Times
Default Re: A Bug's Life - Nissan Micra dci

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnair View Post
On the highway however, the dci engine cannot match upto the Fiat engines and brakes are mushy. Another difference between micra and swift/ritz is the gear shift. Where the swift/Ritz is precise, micra's is notchy. Overall, micra is a cheerful little car thats big on space inside...
Have you taken her on highways. If yes, please elaborate the highway manners. What speed you are comfortable with on good highways? I had a TD of the car in city & really enjoyed the initial torque, but the clutch paddle was too high. What's your experience? Nissan must make ABS available on Micra without further loss of time & opportunity.
Chitta Pradhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2013, 01:49   #21
BHPian
 
rnair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 56
Thanked: 44 Times
Default Re: A Bug's Life - Nissan Micra dci

Hi all, I know its a really long time since i last updated this thread. I ve had my baby for over a year and a half now and boy, has she changed over with time. I'll let the pictures do the talking first.
rnair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2013, 07:17   #22
BHPian
 
rnair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 56
Thanked: 44 Times
Default Re: A Bug's Life - Nissan Micra dci

A few of her recent pics
Attached Images
      
rnair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2013, 08:33   #23
Distinguished - BHPian
 
CrAzY dRiVeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore / TVM
Posts: 8,952
Thanked: 16,664 Times
Default Re: A Bug's Life - Nissan Micra dci

I am not a fan of the stock girlish design - but I like the transformed product. Your micra is a head turner for sure!

Stripes - tastefully done. I believe those are silver and not white?
Projectors and smoked lights- I am not too sure! Although it has given the car a masculine face, doesn't feel like quality work from the pics. A plastic toy quality to it - may be its the pics!

LED - I love it! Just perfect and subtle and slots perfectly in the girl mesh. Glad you chose a smaller 3 LED version compared to the usual 5 -7.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnair View Post
A few of her recent pics
I read the thread from the beginning today. Its funny you started the hunt for a new car because the i10 had a loud body kit. Must say - i10 looks subtle now (Day time. Those LEDs at night are a different story) compared to your head-turner.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2013, 09:42   #24
BHPian
 
rnair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 56
Thanked: 44 Times
Default Re: A Bug's Life - Nissan Micra dci

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
I am not a fan of the stock girlish design - but I like the transformed product. Your micra is a head turner for sure!

Stripes - tastefully done. I believe those are silver and not white?
Projectors and smoked lights- I am not too sure! Although it has given the car a masculine face, doesn't feel like quality work from the pics. A plastic toy quality to it - may be its the pics!

LED - I love it! Just perfect and subtle and slots perfectly in the girl mesh. Glad you chose a smaller 3 LED version compared to the usual 5 -7.

I read the thread from the beginning today. Its funny you started the hunt for a new car because the i10 had a loud body kit. Must say - i10 looks subtle now (Day time. Those LEDs at night are a different story) compared to your head-turner.
Thanks for the inputs bro. I agree the lights may not entirely have a professional job coz they were done by me . And with the i10, it was loud both visually and physically as it had a free flow exhaust. Micras are always known to be cute(through all the generations world over). So i personally wouldnt like it getting masculine ala Pulse. I only looked for inspirations from beetles and coopers(which are traditionally feminine). I must say every process has been an inspiration from somewhere or the other and was done as a step by step process, as and when finances permitted ... The idea was not to change the gender, it was just to be different... and yes those are silver stripes
rnair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2013, 10:59   #25
Distinguished - BHPian
 
CrAzY dRiVeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore / TVM
Posts: 8,952
Thanked: 16,664 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnair View Post
Thanks for the inputs bro. I agree the lights may not entirely have a professional job coz they were done by me
DIY? I take my words back in that case. Good job really! In fact- I thought it was bought off the shelf and hence the comment.

Please share the DIY experiences too. :-)
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Renault Pulse Diesel vs Nissan Micra DCi girishglg Hatchbacks 45 21st February 2014 11:35
Nissan Micra DCi Premium (or) Ford Figo Titanium Diesel for a recently married couple Mr_Bean Hatchbacks 57 21st June 2012 19:16
Test Drive: Nissan Micra 1.5 DCi sidindica Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 64 31st July 2011 00:22


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 15:31.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks