Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 8th March 2013, 16:28   #286
BHPian

Default Re: The Silver LittleBigFoot and a Skoda Yeti New Year 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailtosid View Post
Hi All,

Any yeti owners who have upgraded their headlight bulbs, please advise. I find the stock bulbs inadequate and need to switch on the front fog lamps in many situations, though I understand that it creates inconvenience to the traffic on the other side. Please advise which is better between Osram Night breakers and Philips Extreme Vision on a Yeti. I also hope this switch is within the acceptable limits for Skoda.

Thanks,
Sid
Hi Sid,

I have Philips Xtreme on mine and the difference vs stock lamps is quite substantial. Go for it!
The Osram Night breakers also are supposed to be as good and comparable.

Regards,
Behemoth
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2013, 16:52   #287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Hi Sid,

I have Philips Xtreme on mine and the difference vs stock lamps is quite substantial. Go for it!
The Osram Night breakers also are supposed to be as good and comparable.

Regards,
Behemoth
Thanks for your response Behemoth! I also hope I will be well within the warranties specified by Skoda, please confirm.

Thanks,
Sid
mailtosid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2013, 17:30   #288
Team-BHP Support

Guys, took a TD of a Yeti I am considering buying, one issue I noticed is when I rest my foot on the clutch, like when I am about to change gears, I could feel a vibration in the clutch. Is that normal? The Yeti has done only 6000kms.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2013, 17:33   #289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Guys, took a TD of a Yeti I am considering buying, one issue I noticed is when I rest my foot on the clutch, like when I am about to change gears, I could feel a vibration in the clutch. Is that normal? The Yeti has done only 6000kms.
I have felt that in my Yeti too. I think it's normal, goes away when the right gear is slotted.
Carcrazy60 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2013, 18:11   #290
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carcrazy60 View Post
I have felt that in my Yeti too. I think it's normal, goes away when the right gear is slotted.
Aah ok, thanks.

Also will it be possible to purchase extended warranty now? The car I am looking at doesn't seem to have it.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2013, 18:16   #291
BHPian

Quote:

Aah ok, thanks.

Also will it be possible to purchase extended warranty now? The car I am looking at doesn't seem to have it.
As far as I can remember the extended warranty can only be purchased at the time of the first sale. Drive assure can be purchased later, I think it covers zero depreciation , roadside assistance and damage to engine from flying debris below. My drive assure policy has not been delivered yet so I cannot quote from the booklet.
Carcrazy60 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2013, 18:59   #292
vij
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, I noticed the same on a used Yeti(<6 months old) I was considering buying. It seemed more than gentle vibration(more than what I felt on the showroom TD car) and I decided not to buy.
vij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2013, 22:08   #293
BHPian

Quote:
Wow! that's would be an excellent addition Akshay.

I checked it on my Yeti with this specific question in mind and No, there is no vibration that I can feel. I don't recollect the demo car(s) I drove but for sure there no vibration on my own car.

So somebody did really buy Yeti without extended warranty? I thought they only sold Yeti with it.

All the best Akshay.
samyboy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2013, 22:51   #294
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Have driven 4 Yetis till date and all of them had a vibration in the clutch. The gear engagement point always felt a little rough when changing gears.

But I must tell you that I am overly sensitive to these small vibrations. I found a small vibration in the Rapid diesel clutch but Samurai did not really feel it when he was driving the same car.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2013, 07:37   #295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post

Have driven 4 Yetis till date and all of them had a vibration in the clutch. The gear engagement point always felt a little rough when changing gears.

But I must tell you that I am overly sensitive to these small vibrations. I found a small vibration in the Rapid diesel clutch but Samurai did not really feel it when he was driving the same car.
The vibration is more of a pulse really. It's gentle too. I guess one becomes very sensitive to these things.
Carcrazy60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2013, 10:32   #296
BHPian

I think the vibration is only felt when you rest your foot on the clutch, but why do you need to rest your foot on the clutch all the time?
sagpatel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2013, 10:47   #297
Senior - BHPian

Really strange to hear about this vibration I've never actually perceived in 15k kilometres. Perhaps I have a dead foot instead of the dead pedal.

The squeaks of some plastics rubbing was the only NVH issue I've had in the Yeti. Finding the actual source of those noises takes a lot of patience.
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2013, 12:41   #298
BHPian

This was discussed some time back I think in this same thread. This vibration is there in fact with all Yeti's and Laura's (TDI)! But most people don't feel it at all if they don't rest their foot on the clutch pedal. Only people who have a tendency to keep their foot on the clutch all the time (riding the clutch), feel this as it take the clutch into half-clutch and the moment slip starts on the clutch, these vibrations appear.
Behemoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2013, 12:46   #299
BHPian

Quote:
This was discussed some time back I think in this same thread. This vibration is there in fact with all Yeti's and Laura's (TDI)! But most people don't feel it at all if they don't rest their foot on the clutch pedal. Only people who have a tendency to keep their foot on the clutch all the time (riding the clutch), feel this as it take the clutch into half-clutch and the moment slip starts on the clutch, these vibrations appear.
Actually in heavy slow traffic where you cannot leave the clutch even in the first gear is where I have felt it. There are times when the second gear is absolutely impossible. In order to save the clutch I routinely downshift to the first gear letting fuel efficiency go to hell and the slight pulse is there.
Carcrazy60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2013, 12:55   #300
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Only people who have a tendency to keep their foot on the clutch all the time (riding the clutch), feel this as it take the clutch into half-clutch and the moment slip starts on the clutch, these vibrations appear.
Not really. You don't have to be riding the clutch to feel the vibrations. Even when you gently release the clutch in first gear for standstill you will feel the small pulsation/vibration/roughness. To get a car moving from standstill there is no way to do it without fractionally slipping the clutch and pressing the gas a little.

Like I said only people who are overly sensitive will find it as a point of observation. Anyone else would not even mind it. If your used to SUV's like Scorpio and Safari then you won't even realise since those transmit way more than small vibrations. lol.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote